pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Borders after the storm [Mars]
Posted 06-09-2018, 10:04 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi
ruellia
i've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

She was calm. Tepid and smooth as the waters after a storm, revealing not the maelstrom that was before. She could still taste his blood on her lips, could still feel the rip of his skin, the sounds of his choking, dying breath. When she closed her sea-glass eyes, he was there, half-rotted and mad, mad, mad. Another ghost to haunt her fragile psyche. But what was one more? After all, she was a ghost, too. Teneff was just one more tenant in the growing list, welcomed into her darkness with open arms. Indeed, she had welcomed him- for no longer would she tiptoe the edges of madness and sanity, light and dark. She, too, was mad, mad, mad, but now she had nothing to fear, for acceptance made her whole again. Ruellia was the Queen of the underground, and hers was a god who brimmed with darkness and his gift of madness made her strong where it'd made her knight weak- no, it had only illuminated the weakness already there. As it had done with Yoljun, and Isadora.

Teneff's death unburdened the darkling Queen, and after a period of mourning (not for Teneff- no, her sanity, her heart, her soul) Rue was ready to return to her god-given duties. She practiced a rather isolationist rule, allowing Mercury to charm the other leaders while she delved into the minds within the dark. Not to say that she didn't know the leaders, she'd met many within the Pits during her brief forays into recruitment, but there were none- aside from Charlotte- that she called friend. Earth called to something within her (perhaps it was the ghost of Tristan, ever-faithful towards his green-god) and though the weather was none-to-pleasant, Ruellia began her trek in earnest. (The cold could not touch her, she was already frozen, her heart made of ice of which only fire could melt.) By the time she reached the familiar borders it was near sunset, it's last lights glaring against the white snow that covered much of Doutaini. But not the Gaia. Greenery abounded, defiant in the face of winter, and Ruellia couldn't help but feel what she imagined Tristan felt every time he touched Kaede's realm. Peace, connected, alive. It was a stark difference from her Underworld. Not that she'd ever choose the Gaia over her labyrinthine caverns, but it was pleasant to feel connected to something other than darkness, if only for a moment.

Ruellia indulged only briefly before she cast her song inward, calling forth Mars from whatever depths he lounged within the jungles. They knew one another, though that was really the extent of their... relationship. It was a meeting long overdue, and she wondered if the man that captured some of her friend's attention could hold a modicum of her own. She waited there, at the edge of the jungle, still as the ice she'd allowed herself to become.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-11-2018, 04:36 PM |
Earth
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 4.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
513 ep
© ev

the earthen king laid in the depths of his den, pondering and wondering about the depths of the gaia temple. he had yet to explore the deepest parts- somewhat. he had wondered around with his blindness, but. it wasn't the same. not being able to see had really put a damper on his mood recently. there was so much to think about, so much to stress and worry over. his head rested against his paws before he heard the call from the borders- finally, a distraction from what brought him further and further into the depths of his mind rather than the gaia temple. the earthen man pushed to his feet, making his way towards the borders in a swift manner. ever since he had become blind, he had been so careful about running and being swift. but, he was getting more used to it as time went on. he missed the way he used to defy winds and gravity in the pits. it made him feel like one of haruko's own. though, he was not. he was kaede's soul. once and always, and forever more. he soon reached the borders, nose smelling the caverns before anything. the man reached the borders with a diligent speed, slowing himself before the enigma queen. he gave a head bow before he tilted his head back to what seemed like he was 'looking' at her, but in all honesty, it was only habit. a breath is taken to slow his heart rate before he chuckled, "i hope you weren't waiting too long, queen ruellia." he murmured, trying to keep a cool manner between the two. after all, he had no clue why the female had shown at his borders. he hoped it was on friendly terms.

Ruellia

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-11-2018, 07:09 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi
ruellia
i've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

She was a patient woman. Her own mind had become the labyrinth in which she lived, and she delved into the depths with fervor, now that her soul was untethered. Ruellia contemplated the earthen King, recalling the last time she'd encountered him with some curiosity. She'd been far too sucked into herself to note the difference, but looking back, and recalling what Mercury had said, it was there. The jovial, kind-hearted man she'd crossed paths with had changed. Like she had changed, and as always, it left the pale woman with a taste of curiosity. Curiosity that, she hoped, would be sated with this clandestine meeting. Rue hoped her ethereal tones had hit the earthen man with surprise, hoped that, as he trekked to his borders, that he wondered- no, fretted over her sudden, unexpected arrival.

After some time Ruellia closed her eyes and reached out with her mind, sighing pleasantly at the all-too-familiar ache that formed just behind her third eye. She felt Mars before she saw him, before, even, she caught his scent. (Rue no longer cared if such acts were considered inappropriate. Kurai gave her this power, and it brought her peace to know the minds of others.) At first, it was only glimpses of feeling. She felt his familiar need for distraction, but not why, felt an ache, too, that she couldn't quite define. Her brow furrowed in consternation, and she tried to burrow deeper, deeper, to reveal what his eyes saw though it revealed only black. Odd, to say the least. And then, he was there, his voice startling her out of her reverie with eyes that shot open. Ruellia smiled, and a low chuckle escaped her lips as she quickly responded with a purr, "I do so love being called Queen." He was looking at her, but there wasn't quite the recognition she expected, and then, she recalled the black of his mind. "But please, Ruellia, or Rue, will do fine in private, I think." Suspicions rose, and, to confirm it, Ruellia moved her body slightly to the side, curious to see if his eyes followed hers.

"Rest easy, this is purely a social visit. It's come to my attention that my compatriot knows you better than I, and well-" She grins again, this one cheshire in nature as she reclines, wrapping her black-tipped tail around silvered paws, looking every bit a sphinx. "Us blessed wolves must stick together, no?"

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-11-2018, 07:29 PM |
Earth
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 4.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
513 ep
© ev

mars did not feel the depths of her powers running through him. it was merely an itch in his mind as much. he heard her voice and his smile stayed, chuckling. he hated being called king- for he was barely one. he was merely a replacement for when briar passed. he was a place holder. he cleared his throat to wash those memories away. he felt her shift through her paws as she spoke of what to call her, his head did not move though, seeing as she did not uproot herself and move. "well, ruellia, i shall keep it friendly whilst we are in the gaia temple, please, come on in." he hummed as he nodded towards the gaia's vast forests. he heard her next words and his mind was at ease, after all, she was here purely on social pleasure. his mind brightened at the thought of her partner, mercury who he knew so well. he picked himself up from the ground- as if to follow her if she did want to take a walk through the forest. it was brought to his mind that they were both blessed. he remembered her hosting the first feast he had been to here in doutaini. those memories bring a warm fuzzy feeling to his heart, butterflies throughout his rib-cage. "i suppose we do." he hummed, paws tapping against the plentiful forest ground. "tell me, how is enigma? going well i hope." he spoke, happily. he did care for enigma very much as his best friend rested and served there. his paws started to move even if she didn't follow, for a walk through the forest would be a breath of fresh air for the both of them.

Ruellia

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]