pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Open phoenix glass.
Posted 06-02-2018, 04:47 PM |
Talon
Spirit
Male, 8.00
Ectomorph
42 in, 91 lbs
0 ep
© amy
as if thethered by some elastic rope, i kept coming back to this place, never really straying far. even when i slumbered in the otherworldly realm, if i were to manifest on the mortal plain, it would correspond to the same area. Here. The ridge. Where else have I traveled in the last hundred years? The thought hadn't crossed my mind to go elsewhere. I had no interest in the elsewhere. My home was my heart, and it belonged to the rebel cause, and the mountain that we had called home since... since... forever.

still, i found myself wondering now, if only for the sake of wondering, if I could leave. Was it a limitation of being a ghost? chained to the place of my death, unable to stray past the memories of my life? As much as i questioned, curious, i did not bother to test the theory. I stayed where i had manifested, standing upon the glass, just above the bottomless pit where my body lie, perfectly preserved in hardened molten rock. I stared down into that abyss, that swirl of diamond glass and red stone, and wished I could destroy that body. Destroy that last shred of truth.

i dragged my claws across the glass, disturbing the sand that had come to rest upon it, carried in with the breeze. No... no... i told that to myself, but in reality, nothing moved. nothing would ever move again. not physically, but i would learn to move things in other ways. i would adapt. i would change. i already had. I lifted my crown and cast a gaze across the sands of the desert. For now, i remained whole, only slightly transparent, fur ruffling in the breeze. another lie i told myself. perhaps i was trying to keep up appearances subconsciously. after all, this form i had taken today was almost a spitting image of my youth, with only the first hints of starvation starting to grasp at my bones. who was i trying to impress?

my eyes dared a glance towards the sky before i looked away and scoffed, shaking my head.

i now go by my birth name, taele.
talon died. taele is a god.

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-06-2018, 04:58 PM | This post was last modified: 06-06-2018, 07:34 PM by Otto
Rebel
Otto
Rebel Healer
Male, 1.25
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
24 ep
© Ev

the young rebel traveled many places, but never here. he needed to get away, the heat of war was raging in the ridge and it made otto nervous to a certain extent. and here, it was close to fire and home. something ached in his heart for a god- or was it power? he had no clue. there was so much going on in the young teen's heart. his eyes flicker around, red eyes scanning wherever they could find. the burning of the sand underneath his feet barely bothers him, he is used to the burning rock of the ridge. the teen traveled until his eyes caught on a flickering image upon some sort of clear essence on the ground. his breath hitched for a moment, it was someone- something more like it. otto stayed in his tracks, eyes squinting so sand didn't kick into his eyes. a soft grunt left his lips as he watched the image of a wolf flicker in and out. what was it? his mind pondered the many possibilities... it couldn't have been a god, could it? it looked quite... magical, mystical. whatever it was. otto stayed put, not attempting to move himself closer. no words left those blackened lips, only red eyes stared into the other, waiting for it to make a move first.

"speak and be heard."

rethink before you speak.

Talon

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-08-2018, 05:06 PM |
Talon
Spirit
Male, 8.00
Ectomorph
42 in, 91 lbs
0 ep
© amy
Otto
i might have been partially transparent and of white fur against a backdrop of yellowed sand, however, there was a stark contrast between the desert and the darkened fur of the latest lupine to approach. my head would turn apathetically, mild interest at best, but at least there were no signs of anger yet. I did not feel the burn of the fire within me, not just from his cautious approach and invasive stare. there was a draw upon this place, like a black hole: something always brought one here. "and why are you here, young rebel?" I recognized him for what he was. Though my appearance at the rebel meeting had been brief, I had been there, and had taken note of the new faces that abound. None I recognized as kin, though that was to be expected. I had been dead far too long for there to be any familiar faces left. "I am curious of your name, and your lineage." Straight to the point, speaking whatever happened to be on my mind. It was true curiosity, and probably nothing more. If I recognized the name, what would I do with such information? Just musing over the past? Perhaps it was just greed, wishing to segway into my own introduction.

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-09-2018, 03:08 PM |
Rebel
Otto
Rebel Healer
Male, 1.25
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
24 ep
© Ev

and, all of a sudden, the silence was broken. otto watched as the thing turned to face him and speak. otto's eyebrows raise as the other speaks. he cleared his throat, shocked that the thing knew where he was. was it that obvious? could the other smell the ridge on him? did he look rugged like the other ridge members? the boy was quiet before the thing spoke again. there were no words that spoke from the young's lips as he took this experience in. but, what if this thing was a god and he was disrespecting it by not speaking? otto fumbled for words, paws tapping the ground, "otto wrex-valentine. son of scorpius and elf." the words spilled from his lips as he straightened himself, but the other thing was still taller than he. but it did not have the weight on it that otto had on him. not that otto would pick a fight with something that he could not even deceiver what it was. his paws fumbled as he sat before the thing. "also.. son of famine, rebel gamma. i am one of the healers of rebel." he spoke out, orange eyes making contact with talon's eyes. he gave a head bow, not knowing what else to do. what did you do with... gods? "i was pondering over akako. that's what i'm doing here. just needed a rest from the ridge." war was on the brink and otto needed a good break from training and the tension among the wolves. the worry that coated his insides like medicine from his family being hurt in the war.

"speak and be heard."

Talon

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-11-2018, 03:03 PM |
Talon
Spirit
Male, 8.00
Ectomorph
42 in, 91 lbs
0 ep
© amy
Otto
he was quiet for a while, even after i had spoken. I felt the first hints of sparking embers in the back of my mind. rude, but it was easy enough to assume his speechless wonder. One ear dipped back towards my skull as i waited staring into his eyes with my own acidic emerald ones, not quite the vibrancy that they once were in life. Once he found his voice, my head turned and eyes rested on some point off in the distance, listening without bothering to really see. When he spoke the word Valentine my mouth instantly grew into a smirk, and a huff of breath came from out my nostrils. "the valentines still live." a passing remark, spoken low but clearly, as to not interrupt the boy too much. the rest of the names meant nothing to me. I thought Wrex a vaguely familiar sound upon my tongue, but not enough to draw any memories.

my features transformed into a scowl as the name of the god dropped from his lips, and my gaze turned back to face him, so that he might see the obvious disapproval written there. "why him?" Childish, perhaps, to react in such a way. I didn't mind, nor care. The gods could be much more childish than that. A rebel come to wonder over akako. I bristled outwardly. "Does he still plague our kind?" As I spoke, my lips curled, my teeth clenched. I looked away again, pausing to give my anger time to mellow.

"I am Taele. I am Rebel. The Valentines... he was a close friend, your founder." I doubted she would recognize his name. Have the stories been forgotten? I would not tell him it, not yet, but I may judge him based on his response. Was he curious? Did he already know?

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-11-2018, 05:19 PM | This post was last modified: 06-11-2018, 05:20 PM by Otto
Rebel
Otto
Rebel Healer
Male, 1.25
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
24 ep
© Ev

the words that leave the thing's mouth make otto's eyebrows raise. was their bloodline something that had lasted for a long time? otto was so unsure, for he knew truly nothing about either part of his lineage. he didn't even know his mother's last name. which she had disappeared again before he could even get to know her better. but, he was supposedly going to learn. he wasn't going to ask... whatever this was. not now, right? his ears perked back up at the mention of akako- the disgust in the other's voice. how the thing showed it in it's body and voice. his ears pinned back, what had the god done? he had not heard many stories of the gods. only from lyra and a man of enigma. "what do you mean.. plague?" otto asked, nose wrinkling as he sat himself down- seeing as the conversation was going to continue without stopping. otto seemed more comfortable now that the other thing had proven it wasn't cruel. and it seemed to have a name. a rebel as well. "taele? you.. you are a rebel? what kind.. i mean, what are you?" he asked, ears flickering back to their regular position. he was quiet about the part of founder, for poor otto had no clue what that was either. nothing here was adding up and for some reason it made otto's nerves flare, more than then did back at home. he thought the walk through here would clear his mind, little did he know, it was burning him more than the ridge did.

"speak and be heard."

Talon: sorry it's short :c

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-14-2018, 04:50 PM | This post was last modified: 06-14-2018, 04:51 PM by Talon
Talon
Spirit
Male, 8.00
Ectomorph
42 in, 91 lbs
0 ep
© amy
Otto
the boy was curious, as all growing creatures should be to the extent of their species. as wolves, predators, we could let our curiosity abound, for we had less to be afraid of. he sat, announcing his curiosity for the world. I remained standing, hardened, hovering over the grave site. It wasn't like my body tired. It was merely a manifestation of my former glory. I scoffed at his first question, a bitter and twisted smirk lacing across my lips. "a plague." I repeated myself in response to his question. I meant exactly what I had said. "do you know how many rebels have died by akako's gift? How many, even in this very spot?" Did he know the story, understand why this ground was so strange? I left the subject for now, continuing on to the next question. "I am a rebel, yes, but both more... and less. I am Rebel." There was no remorse to my voice, just a factual retort. I was not what I once was, but I had the potential to be so much more. what are you? the words echoed in my thoughts, and I paused to think of how to word it. "If the rebels were to have a god, it would be me. I am the first. I am the creator." simple, direct, and not entirely untrue. Sounded much better than saying I was the dead founder, I thought. More awe-inspiring, perhaps. I gave another pause for slight dramatic effect as I turned to glance at his face.

I looked away again. "Vexx, the first Valentine, was a good friend to me. A true rebel. His body lies beneath my paws, frozen forever in Akako's hardened lava, the sands of the desert melted to glass..." as I spoke, I saw them: the memories of that day. So vivid, so detailed, that final turn to look into his face before the world burned around me. "Fire and rebel have warred for generations. So I say again, does Akako still plague us?" as I question, I turn back to meet his gaze.

[ Reply ]