pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Open You Hungry?
Posted 05-30-2018, 03:31 PM |
Divine
Quilla
Divine Hunter
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
30 in, 105 lbs
67 ep
© Noon
Big prey hunting in the winter was for some unholy reason Quilla's favorite sort of sport. It could be awful. Snow conditions could slow hunters and create slippery hazards. The herds were usually clumped back up following the rut, making for larger, more confusing groups. Some males still had their antlers, some were hanging by a thread, lending an unpredictable element to their homegrown weapons. And yet, Quilla could hardly contain her excitement as she crept around the edges of the Crimson Meadows. It was so quiet, only the occasional grunt or whine coming from the sleepy herd. Thick, fluffy flakes of snow drifted down, sparse but beautiful in the slowly emerging morning light. Protected by her thick timber fur, Quilla was not cold, but invigorated by the cool press of winter on her cheeks.

After watching the herd for some time, discerning pregnant hinds from antlerless bucks and aged specimens, Quilla crept around the edges of the field with her eyes on the prize; a restless, seemingly unwell female that paced frequently away from the group. There was a tinge of blood in the air. An early miscarriage perhaps? It seemed to have spooked the deer's companions who were making no effort to keep the distressed hind with the rest of the group. The boho girl cursed under her breath as she watched the target pace yards out of the safety of her group again. This could be an easy kill as far as big game went if she had a partner, but the cove had been terribly quiet this morning and the world had been sadly lacking in shiny strangers lately. Laced with fresh snow, marked by the occasional exasperated puff of steam in the cool air, Quilla sat up and scanned her surroundings. She wasn't ready to give up on dinner yet.

Étienne

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-01-2018, 09:46 PM |
Étienne
Rogue
Male, 2.25
Mesomorph
32 in, 117.5 lbs
0 ep
© Dezzie
He lifted his muzzle, inhaling deeply. Several scents floods into his nose. One being the scent of blood; it tickles his nose and makes silver drip from his lips. It had been a few days since he had last eaten. His stomach ached from the hunger.

He flicked his ears upward as he heard the scuffling of an deer herd. He whirled around and easily loped within range; catching sight of an deer nibbling on grass away from the rest of the herd. The man ran his tongue over his maw as he crouched low, grass brushing his belly as he stalked closer.

He watched the doe for some time, concluding that she was unwell; as she restlessly flitted back and forth between the herd and an secluded spot sixty yards away from the rest of the herd. Another scent filled his nose. One that belonged to his own kind; a female's scent. Curious, he chose to seek out this female and perhaps entice her into having some fun.

He aims toward her direction, still crouched low in the tall, thick grasses. He moved stealthily, hardly a sound could be heard; save for the inhale of air into his lungs. He saw the female; an overall average looking creature colored with a motley of browns. He slid up beside her, friendliness written clear upon his posture. A hint of an mischievous smile graced his maw as he met her eye, and whispered, " Greetings, my lovely. Fancy a partner this fine winter's day?"

His words held a double meaning. Either way, he'd hoped shed answer yes. His insides cramped, grumbleing faintly; an reminding echo of his empty stomach. He glanced longingly at the sick doe, who was currently snuffling something that seemed to be hidden in the grass. They were well within striking range. He would settle for food first, before a romp in the grass.

Quilla

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-06-2018, 07:26 PM |
Divine
Quilla
Divine Hunter
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
30 in, 105 lbs
67 ep
© Noon
It always seemed like the Beltran daughter could scrounge up a bit of dumb luck in these situations. The scent of blood covered up the rogue's scent until he was all but upon her, but she was hardly one to startle away from a new face. Her yellow eyes flicked over, sparkling the same hue as the gem slung across her narrow chest. A playful grin warmed to her lips as her gaze flitted between the approaching stranger and her target. As he neared, her attention shifted more acutely to him. He was, after all, a strange male in an unclaimed territory. Wariness had never come naturally to her, however, and she found herself grinning at his devilish, whispered greeting. She hummed thoughtfully as she eyed him up and down, a playful nature lending to an easy flirt.

“You help me bring that deer home, and I'm sure I can find a reward to warm your belly,” she leaned up to quietly propose at his ear. After all, a fresh meal was a hardy reward this time of year, and he wasn't the only one who could be impishly vague. Her gaze cut back to the distressed deer as she began to pace away from the group again. The rogue had a bit of weight on Quilla, but she was betting she was faster. “If you go around the other side, I can zip between her and the crowd. Run her your way before the herd knows what's what. She's been pacing for awhile, gotta be worn out. I don't think she'll have the energy to outrun us and make it back to the group.” She looked back to the newcomer, gaze running curiously across his masculine face. “I'm Quilla by the way. Maybe ought to know my name in case things go terribly wrong. Or terribly right,” she figured with a wink.

Étienne

[ Reply ]