pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome runaway gun
Posted 05-03-2018, 01:21 PM | This post was last modified: 05-03-2018, 11:20 PM by Graham
Graham
Rogue
Male, 3.75
Mesomorph
35 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© hobs

falling like ashes to the ground
Do you remember the scratched trees? The pungent smell of spice and the sweet scent of injured bark?
The cassia grove?
Simpler days...
I wish we could go back there.
Me too...

Where one is found and where one is lost seems up for debate as the moon steadily climbs up from the horizon. Large as a monster's eye, it casts a light made for ghosts out onto the land; ethereal and stark as it stretches the shadows into long, spindly streaks across the barren landscape. The wind kicks up at the heels of a wanderer, prickling a chill he hadn't truly felt until now as his eyes take in the bleak stretch of waste laid out before him. Like home..., the disproportionately disappointed thought elicits a tight sigh from his nose. Dusty and travel-worn, the wayfarer drags a critical stare along the uneven areas of the pit; a practiced eye for movement among the shadows in this dichotomous night. No breaths stir the darkness to give away a position, though several scents accost his nose and hotwire his brain for action. The imprints of paws from strangers before him mark the muddy ground as he lends his nose to it; ensuring with a few, thoughtful breaths that these are from wolves that he wouldn't know, that he wouldn't have to bite down the guilt with in order to speak. One quick run, one quick trip. His eyes slip shut at the unbidden bite of memory, and the same sensation that kept him from looking back lances through him now. Trigger-happy for the road and the mileage between him and his failure, the wolf sets off further into the mud-laden land; ears alert and sight keen for movement.

You think we could take up the trade?
Can't really fathom it.
Yeah...daydreams, you know?
Where's this comin from?

Their way had knack for shaking the strongest of faiths. Should've listened to him. Should've had that conversation no matter the press for time. And maybe...maybe things wouldn't have turned out the way they did. Fear was a potent drug, and it hadn't entirely tapered off; left him paranoid and soaking in the depths of a responsibility he knew he'd never truly acclimate to carrying. There was no going back, he couldn't. He hadn't looked back, not once, when he'd made the decision; surprised at how convicted he'd been by guilt when it was made. I was the one that stood... now he was the one that ran, and it seemed bitter in the poetic sense justice often has. There's a first for everything, even endings...

""

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-03-2018, 05:33 PM |
Lillian
Rogue
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
0 ep
© Anna

Days of wandering through the pits had been fruitless, every wolf encountered having already been courted by other alphas. It was difficult to maintain an even temper, but both the thought of Kiyoshi waiting and Laemi by her side kept her in check. The younger she-wolf had been a comfort to Lillian. It made it a bit easier to continue trekking through the muddied grounds.

The moon was still making its ascent into the sky, but the sky was dark. Daytime and sunlight had brought crowded gatherings. Maybe the night could offer the lone rogues that Lillian sought out. Persuading others to join her cause would be difficult. She would need to gain their loyalty and trust before presenting herself and her new pack to the god of Ice. Just the thought of the tasks before her caused a knot to form in her chest, but Lillian continued forward without any hesitation in her step.

Then she stopped. But not out of fear for what challenges lay ahead. No, what caused her to stop was the dark silhouette that had suddenly formed as she grew closer to whoever the silhouette belonged to. She could not smell his scent, for she was downwind. If anything, he would have scented her long before her eyes had made out his shadow. Keeping this in mind, she forced herself to remain calm. Any sign of fear or tension would travel to him with her scent. She did not want to appear hostile or weak. Still, she slowed her pace, not wanting to approach to quickly and cause him to run. "Hello," she called out. "May we approach?"

In daylight, she would have walked right up to the rogue. The darkness of night was different. Lillian luckily had never experienced such horrible things before, but she knew what could happen to she-wolves that let their guard down. This stranger could easily turn hostile, and she wanted as much space between them as possible. Had she been alone, she may have taken the risk. But she would not put Laemi at that same level of risk. The younger she-wolf had pledged her help, and Lillian had silently done the same for her.

"Give me space and I will grow. Hold me down and I will fight."

Laemi Graham

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-03-2018, 11:19 PM | This post was last modified: 05-03-2018, 11:19 PM by Graham
Graham
Rogue
Male, 3.75
Mesomorph
35 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© hobs

You only ever remember the bad stuff.
Leave it alone, hap.
why? so you can sulk? whoopee...
roll your eyes one more time, kid, and I swear to God.

A frown tilts his charcoal lips, the image of that happy bastard rolling his eyes at his melancholy antics kicks him in the heart. exhaustion is a real thing; plaguing his mind and his steps as he realizes just how far he's traveled to get away from that very face and this particular sting of guilt. Pain finds him in the autumn wind; the putrid expanse sucking him dry of hope and kindness. And so it's unfortunate for her scent to get picked up too; knocking into him like some invisible force. physical and fierce. His hackles raise a little, jay-feather eyes like flint in the flare the moon's light. He wills her to keep going, to move on, to leave him to his wanderings in the night. but of course she doesn't. in fact, he seems to be her object of interest. She's young, fresh-faced, but clearly old enough to hold her own. We... the word drowns out the others for a moment and he casts a look into the shadows; expecting to see the few that might outnumber him. cornered and itching for a fight... the old way of life grips him tightly, and he tenses; a quiet shift of his legs to adopt a better balance, toes splaying so the mud eeks between his pads. The vagabond flicks an ear back as he tries to gauge whether or not she's confident or crazy; both being just as dangerous as the other. His serious expression lifts a little, a bored lift of his brow in acknowledgement to her comment. No one seemed to be coming forward, and maybe it was her pleasant way of warning him that more were on the way... used to not dealing with too many strangers, graham tips his head aside just a fraction, and shrugs,

"Don't much give a damn whatchya do," looks like you give one too many. cold and rough, a smirk wedges itself onto the rambler's features, and he turns to face her more fully. Like oil and water, the facade he's used to wearing shows its ugly mug, and the grim bastard of bone valley offers her a wink in an effort to cut through the tension he feels running through him. Too many sleepless nights with happy's face for company in his dreams has strung him out for too long. "We, huh?" He peers about her and makes a deliberate show of seeing nobody else around. His blue gaze returns to her, and there's just the hint of something teasing in it to warn off the bitterness the road's left him with. He doesn't know how long he can hold it - the charm ready to slip off his face like dead skin.

So wily told me she found me in the same place they did you.
Did she now?
yeah, and that it was horrible...
wily shouldn't talk about shit she doesn't know.

Forget the life he had, the death he almost earned, and all the ones he left behind. could've traded himself for the kid, but didn't get the chance, and now he was here: holding onto civility by a thread in the face of this bright eyed beaut. Feeling sullied by her uncommon thoughtfulness and cordiality, the wolf relaxes his shoulders; inviting her closer as his face shutters into something calmer and less feral in the face of a swindler's charm. he wasn't a young gun anymore, no longer a member of a gang in a fight for survival. yellow was what he was - kicked up dust and left the dead where they lied in the warm afternoon light. days (weeks?) ago - didn't matter. the kid was gone and fate was resigned.

""

so rusty<3 sorry
Lillian

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-05-2018, 04:03 PM |
Laemi
Rogue
Female, 1.75
Endomorph
32.5 in, 122 (A) lbs
31 ep
© Ash
She hadn't wandered far from the older she-wolf however, Laemi was cautious about entering the Kuro Pits. As a rogue she knew the dangers of some night ranking pack wolf coming around and claiming her. Or her traveling companion. The two were working on the goal of pleasing Kiyoshi. The teen had thought she wasn't worthy of his love, but over the days she has realized that she hasn't shown him any reason to love her. The words of the White Prince had gotten to her head, but when she and the rest were kicked from the mountains and the border closed she had just ran away. She ran for her life and left the others. She hadn't even met up with any of them again to make sure they were okay. She had failed them as a pack mate, she had been stupid. She had lacked confidence in herself, but after thinkin about what the Shadow Man had said to her she found herself growing into herself. Perhaps it was a sign she was growing more mature.

Walking the edge of the pits she followed Lillian slowly. She moved slowly and silently. Using her smaller size to move quietly though the landscape scouting around them. Stopping a bit away her ears perked as she finally showed where she had been and came out of the muddy shadows on the left side of the male, but closer to the other female. Dipping her head she was silent as she took in the words that was being said. "Yo, welcome to Doutaini. Names Laemi." The teen finally said as she went to stand next to Lillian. Her eyes glanced at the older girl than back to the male.

Notice: I reply to 80% of my post while on the phone. So please forgive any mistakes in coding and spelling. Also Laemi sometime curses.

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-05-2018, 05:18 PM |
Lillian
Rogue
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
0 ep
© Anna

She only blinked in response, refusing to turn her head over her shoulder. Lillian had checked on the girl only moments before spotting the stranger. Chances were that she was still hiding in the shadows. So Lillian did not turn her head. Instead, she tilted it to match the male before her.

Laemi appeared not long after, breaking the silence that Lillian had let linger. Once again, Lillian did not turn her head. "My name is Lillian. We just want to talk." She began moving forward slowly. Friendly but cautious. After all, this was still a stranger. She couldn't even see any features behind his blue eyes that glowed in the dark.

Then, as if the gods heard her, the moon seemed to glow brighter. A cloud floating away, she told herself. The white light flooded the space between Lillian and the stranger. Seconds later, his timber markings were illuminated. His blue eyes seemed to shine brighter as well. Lillian's eyes were probably doing the same, just a shade darker. But what was most obvious was his build. He was clearly physically capable. Almost instinctively, Lillian felt her center of gravity shift. No outward signs of hostility or aggression. Just preparation for the worst.

Graham Laemi

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-17-2018, 10:59 PM | This post was last modified: 05-17-2018, 11:00 PM by Graham
Graham
Rogue
Male, 3.75
Mesomorph
35 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© hobs

you think it's a test?
what?
this mission.
no, it means they trust us.

But it had been a test, as all things were, in a way. Just as this encounter seemed to be, though Graham was certain that he was doing most of the testing. Never having been fond of mirrors, he finds it curious that she copies him; a clear sign of interest that he takes with a grain of salt. curiouser and curiouser. There's something bothersome about her focus on him, her quiet patience, and he can feel the muscles in his neck and shoulders tense. Someone else was coming. Silent though she may be, the us actually arrives, and her scent betrays her. Having nearly followed the darker female, it wasn't hard to discern the second member of the party amid the mud and chill of the night from down wind. Never the less, his ears flip back when she emerges from the shadows, aggression riddling his body in a quiet warning. His lips lift to flash his teeth in the younger stranger's direction. The flouncing arrogance riles his nerves as he watches her with eyes like flint. Doutaini. So it did exist. Of course it did. Of all the fancy rumors, the most troubling always held grains of truth. Despite the interest coursing through him for the territory beyond them, the wolf clings to his foul mood and offers the teen an unimpressed scoff in response.

Laemi seems overly confident, and Graham has to remind himself that it's her age, that it was just the same with Hap...that those youthful tendencies had gotten the kid killed and not him. An influx of guilt floods him as he stares at Laemi, and he's mildly thankful for Lillian's response. The wolf's ears lift back up, and the disgruntled frown on his face lessens in severity. He's run into many a wolf that claimed to want nothing but to gab away a few minutes of his time, and he wonders what in the world these gals would want to say to him of all wolves. The moonlight reveals much in the way of this terrible landscape, and he watches her minute changes; the light like a cautionary tale in her eyes. A grunt sounds from the back of his throat at her preparations; knowing full well the precautions necessary to survive. He lifts a brow in expectation, a question alive in his blue eyes: What do you think I'm gonna do exactly?

"Gr-Graham," Grim...it'd been on the tip of his tongue, the name his mother gave him felt off. felt forced and unfamiliar. The gang wasn't here. It wasn't for life...not after what he failed to do. To forsake them...it meant murder in a form that he had taken upon himself to commit. His brother and sister Bastards wouldn't have to carry his shame if he wasn't there. For all he knew...he was dead to them. Graham was his name now...not the moniker that meant belonging and family, protection and purpose. "So talk."

""

LaemiLillian

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-03-2018, 07:04 PM |
Lillian
Rogue
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
0 ep
© Anna

Lillian hesitated for a moment, wondering if it was even worth her time to discuss her motives to the rogue. Graham, he had said. But there had been hesitation, as if he had been about to say something else. Such an unreadable, mysterious stranger. Perhaps it would be too much of a risk in making the offer, allowing him into her home. But then again, this whole journey of hers was a risk. Kiyoshi could very well reject her, maybe throw her down the mountain in response.

No, Lillian wouldn't accept it. She would succeed in rebuilding this pack. She would succeed in restoring Kiyoshi's honor. Strangers could become friends. Friends could become family.

"My old pack has fallen, disbanded by the god who rules over it. In this land, packs are given powers granted by the gods. Ice, the pack I now stand to represent, has been sealed off by the god Kiyoshi. I plan to return to the mountains and present to Kiyoshi a new Ice, a loyal and faithful Ice."

She paused, monitoring Graham, before continuing.

"I am here to offer a place in this new pack for those who wish to join. Including you, she implied.

Her mother had told Lillian of her stories. She had been accepted into Ice as a complete stranger by Lillian's own father, Kearnal. The thought of the deceased male tightened her chest, but it warmed her heart to know that he had once done something similar to what she did now. He had accepted her mother without knowing anything about her. Yes, Graham was a stranger. But Josephina had been one as well. The title "stranger" did not dictate whether or not someone should be allowed to join a pack or not.

Graham Laemi I hope you don't mind me skipping. I just wanted to continue this to keep the thread and overall plot moving.

[ Reply ]