pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Private apocalypse state of mind
Posted 04-24-2018, 09:21 PM |
Rebel
Nicharion
Rebel Scout
Male, 3.25
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
73 ep
© Lyk
followup for https://doutaini.net/showthread.php?tid=32822

It was all a blur, he couldn't even tell if the snow pushed him out of the Gelid and he'd just managed not to get buried, or if he actually somehow avoided it and ran all the way by his own strength. But all that really mattered was that he survived and didn't lose Icarus along the way. Though Nicharion couldn't really say he felt better off for the accomplishment. He was colder than he could ever remember being, yet his muscles and lungs burned from the effort, and the thin mountain air wasn't helping any. As soon as he was a safe distance away from Ice's border, he collapsed to the ground, throwing the white male off of his back unceremoniously. Icarus, being unconscious, couldn't mind it or object, so it was his own fault, really. All things considered, it was a rather mild consequence for being an idiot.

Still, nothing makes one feel as alive as a life or death situations. Nicharion could still feel the adrenaline buzzing in his veins. It wasn't really a consolation for all of this, but it was something. To think that some wolves actually like playing the selfless hero. The red Rebel, on the other hand, felt quite stupid for acting in such manner.. but it wasn't like he could have left Icarus there. No- he could, but... 'Right.. he's probably cold, too.' Grunting, he pushed himself closer to the other. At least it'll help with his own lack of warmth, too. "Could you kindly just wake up already? I hate waiting." Talking to someone who's out cold - just brilliant. But what else could he do? "You're cute when you sleep and all that, but enough is enough."

Icarus

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-26-2018, 04:28 PM |
Icarus
Rogue
Male, 3.50
Meso-runner
35 in, 117 lbs
102 ep
© ev

the former ice man's dreams had been of being the sub-alpha of ice- how wonderful it might have been. too bad reality had a cruel awakening waiting for him. maybe not too cruel, cushioned by the rebel that laid beside him. though, those pretty eyes would stay closed until the male kept speaking to him- awaking him from the beautiful dream where he had everything he had wanted for the longest time. power among ice. where his ancestry belonged. orange eyes meet red as his eyes open, seeing carion lay beside him. icarus' head hurt like hell and his ears rung out with pain. his ears flickered as his eyebrows raised, had he had another night like the one that had brought he and carion back to each other? his eyes gaze around, not remembering what carion had said to even wake him. his eyes reach the gelid sierra where he can see the borders of snow that enable anyone from being able to go in. icarus' eyes widen and he almost stands, but his bones felt frozen and his head pounded when he moved. ❝what the fuck.❞ the muttered as he looked to the rebel before it all came flashing back within his mind in an instant. emotions hit the former ice man. had kiyoshi not wanted him? is that why he laid outside of ice's realm without any guidance? now he laid in a rebel's arms who he had never even suspected to help him out like that. to protect another from the god's wrath. their eyes meet again, ❝carion.. thank you.. i am sorry that kiyoshi did that. what the fuck he was thinking? no fuckin' clue.❞ he growled the last part as he looked back to the mountain, ears pinning to his head. what to do, what to do.

❝speak and be heard.❞

rethink before you speak.

Nicharion

rated M for M A T U R E.

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-26-2018, 05:18 PM |
Rebel
Nicharion
Rebel Scout
Male, 3.25
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
73 ep
© Lyk
The red male briefly considered taking a nap as well, but it wouldn't be very wise out in the cold. It was grating, to feel bored right after running for your life. But boredom was better than worry, and worry he didn't even permit himself to feel, as there was nothing more he could do for Icarus here, even if it was necessary. Then the other finally stirred, showing no obvious signs of permanent damage. Even if he didn't let himself worry, it still was a relief. But not entirely enough to fix the Rebel's mood. "Indeed." Dryly, he agreed with his friend's first words. How very apt. He wasn't too sure if he wanted to hug him and try to be just glad, or yell and berate him. Luckily, another outlet for his frustration surfaced. "Oh, that's easy. 'Waaah, they're not praising me enough. I know! I'll throw them all out and almost kill the one who's actually trying to do a damn here, that'll show them!'" All with the best loud, annoying child impression that he could muster. Always when saying such things, he wondered if a god will just pop up and smite him. Still, at the moment he felt too justified in his opinion to hold back. "They'll always ask for more, Icarus, but don't expected any gratitude for trying! By the end you'll be treated like dirt anyway, same as everyone else. If you died there, I-" He took a breath and the furious words just stopped flowing. He didn't want to go there; he wasn't nearly ready enough to discuss such things, nor certain if there was even a point.

One awkward moment of silence later he spoke again, so usually calm that one could easily forget he was angry in the first place. "Are you alright? No broken bones or anything?" A rather poorly executed change of subject, but it was a more important one. "I could just quit exercising because of the workouts you're giving me. Though I prefer the other kind by far." He tried to chuckle. It wasn't the best, maybe he was too tired to even really try. Or maybe there was no in trying to make it real, if Icarus will know it's bullshit, anyway.

Icarus

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-26-2018, 06:43 PM |
Icarus
Rogue
Male, 3.50
Meso-runner
35 in, 117 lbs
102 ep
© ev

carion seemed alright, no hurt but the pain from the god's outrage had hurt him. icarus was relieved a bit and he smiled at carion's reenactment of the god. it seemed about right. icarus was deeply pissed, but also broken. had he not done good enough? all alphas do is seem to fall. he just did not want to be another that fell under the pressure. he was worried to say the least. but, none of that now. his eyes and attention resorted back to the man who had saved his life. a small shrug came to as he spoke, shaking his head. sure, the gods would always demand more but so did icarus. he demanded one thing. power. and now he had fallen like mount olympus. stupid, greedy wolf. ❝yes but i also desired more, carion.. i do not know who to blame or see at fault. fuck.❞ it seemed the only word that was true. the whole thing had been such a clusterfuck that icarus didn't really know how to handle it or process it through his pretty princess mind. maybe he should have stayed scion, would this had happened if so? his mind wanders to poor laemi who had been crying once again before she left, thinking kiyoshi was mad at her. oh. that one stung. he promised her something of worth and now.. she felt as if nothing, just like he. like an ant to a giant. movable, meaningless. icarus had never felt this way. ❝i'm good. just, cold. my head hurts like a bitch. though that's to be expected of thinking to much... getting slammed by a rock, you know, all the same thing.❞ he muttered, sighing as he rested his head upon carion's chest. ❝if i had died, you would have moved on and killed kiyoshi for me. thank you.❞ he teased as he tried to lighten the tension that seemed to be bearing down. ❝did the others make it out okay?❞ he asks before a blush seers his cheeks when the other speaks. his head turns away as he scoffed, ❝mhm. well, keep speaking like a pervert and you won't have those workouts anymore.❞ he muttered as he turned his head back, he could never stay mad at the other nor feel mad at him it seemed. the joy that hopped in his heart when he saw that the rebel boy had climbed to the sierra to see him rise in triumph and to where heartbreak was when he fell, it meant something to icarus. and what that was could be figured out soon enough.

❝speak and be heard.❞

Nicharion

rated M for M A T U R E.

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-26-2018, 07:59 PM |
Rebel
Nicharion
Rebel Scout
Male, 3.25
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
73 ep
© Lyk
Desire. It's true that it can make one do foolish things, but Nicharion wasn't about to condemn someone for it, when he too was more inclined to follow his desires than not. "Who cares. It's not like you'd have gotten anything without working to earn and keep it." And what did the gods ever do for mortals to think they're so deserving of praise? Throwing snow and lava doesn't help. Magic might be something, but even that has a price associated with it. The Rebel just couldn't understand what could possibly drive some wolves to go as far as to adore the gods. Then again, maybe it's comforting to think that throwing yourself into the fire brings salvation, not just meaningless pain. But he'd rather avoid the fire altogether.

Icarus hit the nail on the head, possibly without even meaning to do so if his tone was anything to go by. Well, with one exception. "More like I'd die trying." But that wasn't even the point. It was the pain he was afraid of more than anything. He could blame Aderchop for leaving, that made it easier. But if it'd be a force beyond his measure at fault instead, even if he and Icarus weren't as close.. but wasn't it only a matter of time at this rate? 'You seem to do everything you can to make me feel like you're mine' he couldn't help but think, looking at how the wolf rested his head on his chest.

Finally, something broke through Nicharion's unease and made him grin - Icarus getting abashed, of all the things. "As if that was bad, we both know I can do much worse." He leaned closer to tug at the other's ear with his teeth. "I didn't look at the others, I'm not really the type to care." He could only shrug at that. It was more or less the same as admitting that he cared about Icarus, but then again, after saving his life he couldn't exactly talk his way out of that one. "You know, there's this one pack where you don't have to deal with divine punishment for ambition. Where you're the one to give your own life worth. It might not be your ancestors' heritage, but... you could have something else you wanted there. Something we both wanted." Was it selfish of him to ask this now? But if not now, what other chance would he have. If it worked, hell, even just temporarily.. honestly, the prospect terrified him. But he wanted it all the same

Icarus

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-03-2018, 02:27 PM |
Icarus
Rogue
Male, 3.50
Meso-runner
35 in, 117 lbs
102 ep
© ev

sure, carion was right. he seemed to always be about the gods which made icarus somewhat upset. he had so much faith in kiyoshi yet here he laid. on the outside looking in. the warmth of the other seemed to make him feel a bit better, but he had just lost his life's purpose. so, there was the ache of that as well. icarus looked up to the man and let out a sigh when he spoke of not looking to the others. a soft growl left his lips as he looked back the mountains- worry crossing his faith. how had he been so stupid as not to get everyone out? icarus should have. that was his pack- was his pack. he wanted to get up- make sure that rascal and josephina had gotten out safely. kearnal had trusted him with the being of his family and he had to find the woman.. soon. he needed to heal. and he had been graced with rascal's friendship as well. the comment from carion makes him come back to reality, it shakes his inners a bit as he looks to carion. had he really just asked him to move away from the gods? to move with someone that he felt the deepest emotions for? a war starts inside of icarus- heart tugging one way yet his soul tugging another. he had been raised for this. to control ice's magic. now would he drop out and run away where it was easy? no magic. no gods. no anything except hard work and being beside carion. a breath leaves him as he looked to the other, through the bangs that still seemed to fall in his face. "i... i suppose i will, carion." he speaks, head aching and heart skipping. there had been so many emotions and one of the main ones was rage for the gods. he needed to calm himself before he challenged kiyoshi to a death match and got himself killed. he needed the calmness of a home without gods. a therapeutic escape.

"speak and be heard."

Nicharion

rated M for M A T U R E.

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-06-2018, 02:51 PM |
Rebel
Nicharion
Rebel Scout
Male, 3.25
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
73 ep
© Lyk

It wasn't easy, loving freedom as he did. He'd hate to feel forced to make a choice, and even more to force it upon someone he cared about. Even now, when it was perfectly reasonable, making the request left a bad taste in his mouth. No.. maybe it was because it was so reasonable. There was no way Icarus could refuse, with the options stacked liked so. But.. will it make him happy?

Sure enough, the white male agreed. Despite his doubts, Nicharion did feel some relief. It just meant that he'll have to make sure everything else goes well. And he will try his best. "I'm glad." He leaned closer, aiming for their lips to meet; a simple kiss, withholding the desire that he usually let fuel his actions. "And I know you lost much today, but.. I'll do everything I can to make it so you have nothing to regret." Even if it was impossible - nothing could stop him from trying.

But first they both needed some rest, and proper one too. This lying in the snow won't do, the sooner they get to the ridge, the better. The red male stood up.. and barely managed to sit down without collapsing, his tired muscles refusing to support his own weight. He commented the whole thing with a sound that was somewhere between an amused snort and a grunt of irritation. "Looks like I might need just as much help getting home as you do. Good thing we have each other, eh?" He had a feeling that two wolves leaning on each other for support won't have a quick and easy journey.. but whatever, they'll make it work somehow.

Icarus

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-07-2018, 02:40 PM |
Icarus
Rogue
Male, 3.50
Meso-runner
35 in, 117 lbs
102 ep
© ev

icarus met their lips in a kiss when carion leaned into him, giving a nod to the other. it had been a tough day, but promises like that were the thing that kept him going. his eyes flickered to the other when he tried to get up, laughing when he feel back down. icarus nodded to his words, "lucky you, i'm pretty strong." he spoke as he tried to stand, wobbling, but nonetheless stable. icarus looked over to nicharion, "don't worry about making me happy, i can do it myself. it's just going to take some time. i was raised to worship the gods. it all seems.. wrong. but, so is kiyoshi kicking all his worshippers out because there aren't enough." his eyes cast the the sierra gelid, "hear that, kiyoshi? you fucking self-righteous bastard?" he snarled before he turned back to the other creature, returning to his side before helping the male up- so they could lean one each other once again, "shall we go home?" he asked, too tired to even try to be sarcastic- too saddened to make any more remarks to the gods.

"speak and be heard."

Nicharion

rated M for M A T U R E.

[ Reply ]