pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Stardust Festival .||little treasures||. [lyon]
Posted 03-30-2018, 04:53 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

Vaitan's amber eyes wandered the horizon, roving as hungrily as fire itself. This Stardust Festival was one of duality: of emptiness and brimming passion, of loss and gain, of turmoil and resolution. Of anger and hope. His need for those he loved welled from the core of his fury; it was his refusal to back down, to let go, to live passively any longer. Vaitan was nothing if not a hunter, and tonight, he was on the hunt for everything and nothing at all. Perhaps part of him, deep in his subconscious, was trying to regain everything the world had taken from him. (Singer. Balaraj. Rykerri. Teneff. Murmura. Lunaria.) Or, perhaps, he was desperately trying to defy fate, to deny his curse, and grasp onto everyone he had ever loved.

They were his, and he would not let go. Not anymore. No tragedy inflicted by the gods could beat him into submission this time.

Suddenly, a hazy vision from earlier in the night jumped to the fore of his conscience. He remembered seeing Lyonesse at the Feast. In his state of anger and loss, the beast hadn't been able to return her greetings or go to her. But the daughter of the Torrid deserved to know why he neglected her. She deserved to know why he was in mourning. With a lulling yet powerful call, Vaitan tilted his maw to the sky and howled.

ooc. Sorry, kind of a crappy starter! I look forward to rping with you! :)

[Image: nm68E3I.png]

[ Reply ]

Posted 03-31-2018, 03:28 PM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Beta
Female, 4.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
104 ep
© Lou

THE SPITFIRE RETURNS

Disappointment. It seemed to be the only thing that would cloud the woman's spitfire vision upon the call. Yet, anger, and resentfulness overriding those senses. He'd ignored her. At the feast, and upon her greetings. She had every right to be upset with the man she saw as a close father figure - nonetheless, he was still her commander and upon his calling she would answer. Lithe figure dancing across the blossoms within an array of fire and smoke - a prowling lion to the world around her. Anger seethed the corners of her maws, pressing wildly into ivy green temples as the charcoal gray beta pressed through the wild flowers falling to face her commander. "Vaitan" the words were stoic, quiet, and dripping with nothing but pure unadulterated disarray as Lyonesse's face fell into a harsh line. Brows creasing at the beast before her.

She was upset. Mad even at him for his reasonings behind such of which he would ignore her. His beta. His friend. A devote member unto his pack. Yet, he still recognized her none. "What was that?" she hissed in a drone, ivy green eyes staring down the man in slits as the woman motioned quietly behind her. Something was off though, she could sense it. Feel it within her bones almost, like an ache waiting to be quenched with a remedy medicine. She had none to offer but curiousness and concern - even if she were pissed at his instances. He was acting off, increndously off. As if someone had manifested the being of his body and took over his actions - this was not Vaitan. "What's going on Vaitan?" anger still seethed the little lion girls heart and mind, making the words harsh and almost unbelievable to think that they were words of concern rather than condolence. She needed answers though, and she would get them.

"speech."

tags; Vaitan
ooc; this is probably super rusty, i apologize. i'm still grasping her character concept <3
p.s. she is moodswing central

if i don't reply within three days, please tag me<3

[ Reply ]

Posted 03-31-2018, 09:17 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

As soon as Lyonesse appeared, she made it known that she was upset. She had always been spitfire, and though her age mellowed her fiery spirit, there were always moments like this. Vaitan certainly couldn't blame her. He used to try to control his rage, to cover it with a cool, collected facade. Then he realized his calm was nothing but that--a facade, a mask. He let the anger take control, and now, he lived every moment with the seething fury in his volcanic core. He experienced all range of emotions with simultaneously knowing that endless anger. So he knew. He understood. And he had been absent lately--physically and mentally. She deserved her impetuous mood.

Vaitan couldn't help but grin, although it was a somber expression. Without a word, the beast strode closer. Unless Lyonesse moved, he would wrap her in a gentle embrace, pulling her against his broad chest. If it made her angrier, he would accept that, too. Tonight, the beast had decided to fight, tooth and claw, for those he loved. The result was absolute turmoil, but there was no escaping it. It seemed that all the women in his life wanted to rip him to shreds, but this is what he deserved for living in denial for so long. "Lyonesse," he murmured finally. His rumbling, baritone chords thrummed with hesitant undertones. Part of him was broken by the words he was about to share. Still, when he spoke, it was with confidence and firmness. He narrowed his eyes and whispered against her, "My daughter, Lunaria. You remember her? She...went missing, for a long time. She finally returned to me, but what she went through, it was too late. She died a few days ago."

It wasn't the first time he had shared the news tonight. In a way, it took a weight from his shoulders, and he would explain more only if she demanded it. Every time he said it made it easier to find the words, but it certainly didn't make it easier to feel.
ooc. No prob! <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-04-2018, 12:41 PM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Beta
Female, 4.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
104 ep
© Lou

THE SPITFIRE RETURNS

She'd let him encase her within the hug. For something seemingly screeched at her within the confides of mind that he needed this, or perhaps, it was her who needed this. Either way, she was calm to deliver. Heat radiating from the two's body, as the charcoal princess of steel gently burrow into his chest - embracing the hug as needed. She was still upset. Yet, seemingly less than she had been when she had arrived. For the feel of how broken, and fickle her leader was beneath her sautered bones seemed to calm the anger and disarray that had once coursed through the spit fire's veins. Reducing her to nothing but a fizzling spark. The deep rumble that reverberated from his chest would ricochet down her spine; Lyon's ears tilting quietly at the sound of his dismayed voice. It felt as if everything were falling apart before her, and all she could do was stand back and watch.

Guilt would course through the woman's veins, sending shockwaves down her spine as she seemed to mourn for her heir's loss. She knew about Lunaria. Not her re-appearance of course, but her fickle and untouched leave. When had she come back? How had she died? The questions hung upon the tips of salmon tinged tongue, as the little lion pulled backwards from Vaitan's resting embrace ever so slightly. Ivy orbs gazing upon the grounds, only to flicker back towards him. "Vaitan" it seemed to be the only words that held purchase upon her tongue within these times - she had never truly been reduced to such a state of utter shock and ignorance other than when her mother had passed Vaitan was the only thing that she had left, and so was Akako. "I'm sorry Vaitan." she'd murmured quietly, mind racing precariously with all of the thoughts. If only she'd known, perhaps she could've saved Lunaria, or found someone that could. "You should've told me sooner." If only he had told her. "I could've done something. Found someone to save her." No you couldn't have. A quiet growl would seem to press itself into the words that fell from brittle lips. "Do the others know?"

"speech."

tags; Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-12-2018, 06:13 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

The beast could almost feel her melt against him. She was a reflection of her mother's will, she was the tiny spark that ever-burned in his heart. They did not share blood, but these two shared something stronger: spirit. Something intangible, something that cannot be drained or spilled or removed, and thus, it would unite them forever. No matter how angry the spitfire she-wolf was, or how long she was gone, Vaitan would always welcome her with a fatherly embrace. As the younger creature pulled away faintly, he glanced down at her. He managed a stoic facade, but even before he spoke, it was clear that he was faltering. "My dear...there is nothing you could have done. Her willpower was destroyed; she didn't belong to the living world anymore." His mouth tightened, and for a split second, if Lyonesse looked closely, she would see unbridled fury flash across his visage. "The rest of the pack does not know. I'm not sure they need to. Part of being alpha means bearing silent burdens. Well..." Vaitan would meet his Beta's gaze. "We all have those we confide in. I should have told you when I found her...I should have. But it all felt like a dream. It couldn't last."

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-23-2018, 08:15 AM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Beta
Female, 4.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
104 ep
© Lou

THE SPITFIRE RETURNS

The mourning loss of those loved would seep through the crackling pores of fire and smoke. Blessing the woman of a Singer's daughter with nothing but pure and unadulterated guilt, and a tinge of rage. Vaitan had always been a seldom man - she'd served underneath Akako and his rule every since she was a young pup. Wore the red necklace with pride, and carried the Valentine name with hearty hope and strength. This, however - would seem to be a breaking point for her. One of the many from the past. Her banishment, demotion, the past. It crept upon the world in a daring, and unforgiving manner. Stealing the lessen hope from the fire children. Fury - would flash within the eyes of the beholder. Somehow mirroring upon the charcoal roanings of the beta. Displeased, upon his choices - but understanding to as to why he had kept silent.

There was no denying the silent resentment though. She was his beta, his friend, he was - if not, a part of er extended family. A father figure to mend the wounds of loss. She had a right to know these things. She needed to know these things. If secrets were kept, how did he expect Fire to thrive? How would he expect them to grow stronger, and closer? Unbinding rage, pressed into her heart once more. "How do you expect us to grow stronger, and closer if you do not tell me these things?" her voice was laced with annoyance. Tied neatly within a bow of dripping anxiety, and harshness. She needed to know these things. The council needed to know this. Secrets - it was no way to run the hierarchy. "Vaitan. You need to tell me things like this. The council needs to know if not the pack. How are we supposed to keep things orderly? How are we supposed to have trust in one another if secrets are being kept?

"speech."

Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-21-2018, 04:55 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

Vaitan felt the tension burgeon between them once more. The hard line of his black lips tightened again as he stared, absorbing her spitfire words, her harsh glances. Lyonesse was mature now, but in her heart she was still the youthful, fiery spirit that challenged him in the sands. She had always been critical, and she probably always would be; and in many ways, she was still childish. Rather than stoke his fury, her familiar attitude calmed him. The beast grinned gently as he shrugged his shoulders. "Because it was for me, my dear..." His rumbling voice would permeate her ears, offering a soothing, low tone that would purr against her bones. "The knowledge of her. Her life. Her hopes. Her passing. It was all for me. And perhaps I thought that if I shared...I would lose her. It would all be real and I couldn't let her go." Vaitan shook his head once. "I am selfish, Lyonesse. But if you want to tell the pack, we will."

The Fire Alpha paused, then met her gaze more intently. "I am sorry. I won't keep things from you again." She was the one--the only one he trusted now--to take the helm in his place. She'd had it before, alphaship alongside him, until she ran away from responsibility. But she was back now, and if she could handle it, he would entrust her mother's pack to her. If Vaitan was to believe that, then he had no choice but to trust her.

ooc. Sorry for such a late reply! Every time I got online the site was down D;

[ Reply ]

Posted 05-26-2018, 08:17 PM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Beta
Female, 4.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
104 ep
© Lou

THE SPITFIRE RETURNS

He made sense. Lunaria had been his daughter, she hadn't even been apart of Fire, perhaps in his own spirit in the way Enigma was. But really, she had no reason to be irritated at him for withholding such information while he chose how to deal with it. Lyonesse only had Pumpkin, and though their bond and the love she had for the child was just like any other mothers'; she was not blood and Lyon couldn't imagine losing her either. What Vaitan must have been going through was beyond her, even though she maturing. Her features soften slightly, the ridge in her spine and shoulders finally lowering to a more relaxed posture, those dark features forming a small and generous smile of understanding. "I'm sorry," she whispers to him, "it is your choice whether or not you tell the others, not mine. I am here for you though, whatever you may need, okay?" She knew in her heart that he was aware of it, but still; she felt the need to say it.

If there was anything Lyonesse knew, it was grief, in all kinds. From abandonment to death, those who were blood-tied and those who she'd fallen for, it had not only broken her trust but her hope, it was a dangerous and potent mix. "Where do we go from here?" she mutters, perhaps showing more of her previous youth than she'd meant to.

"speech."

Vaitan don't mind me, I'll play her for a bit until I decide whether I'm putting her up for adoption or keeping her. <33 I do love her haha.

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-09-2018, 06:04 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

Vaitan grinned gently, a glimmer of pride flashing across his visage. These moments of gentle humility were rare, but when Lyonesse's queenly nature shined through, she was blinding. She reminded him so much of Singer in those moments. To her tender words, the beast said nothing. He merely nodded--a single, steady gesture that expressed his deep gratitude. It was after a brief moment of consideration that he replied to her question. "Forward, my dear, ever moving forward. I'm going to call a meeting soon. The wolves of Fire are dwindling, but I will not allow this pack to die in my care. Do whatever it takes to keep this fire burning." Vaitan's grin widened, hiding the fact that there was still true rage simmering in his heart. Perhaps a fraction of that anger would be sated when he finally hunted Teneff down. "I'll see you in the Torrid soon."

ooc. <3333 x a billion

[ Reply ]