pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Stardust Festival all i want is a ride or die [Vaitan]
Posted 03-24-2018, 02:08 AM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

She led them far from the feast proper, silent as the ghost he so loved to call her. Rue couldn't help but feel trepidation, though she hid it well. She learned long ago that emotions were easily covered, like the cloak of shadows she draped herself in, but she found herself increasingly subject to errant, unwanted thoughts. She hid it well, but any who knew her would see the stiffness of her elegant gait. Would note the lowered disposition of her ears and the way her hackles refused to rest still just at her nape. But Ruellia Volos-Scorn Tzarani was no woman to be taken so easily by despair, and even in Vaitan's maelstrom, she remained resolute. That wasn't to say she never showed her lover her most vulnerable side, but she'd learned long ago her place; the stone with which he could cling when the torrent wore him down. Just as he was for her. She wasn't sure what ignited his ire (nothing could prepare her for the truth) and, as they padded in the silence, she couldn't resist the idle curiosities. 'Is it about Papa? No, no need to tell me about that.' A perceptive eye would notice her shake the thought away, even as the next came tumbling after. 'It must be something about Fire. Or perhaps Rebel? Charlotte could explain his ire,' again, she shakes her head even as she casts Vaitan a sheepish grin, as though he could read her thoughts as easily as she could his.

She had pulled them some distance, closer to the Cerulean where the river was at its widest. Her maw rises, momentarily, as she drinks in deep the scents around her- seeking, of course, for unwanted intruders. Only once she was pleased by their privacy would she turn her enigmatic eyes on Vaitan, brow raised though she was forcefully impassive. "We're alone, as commanded."

"She wears strength and darkness equally well. The girl has always been half goddess, half hell."

Vaitan
ooc:: I promise it's just short for a starter lol <3

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 03-30-2018, 03:51 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

Vaitan followed her in silence, the two of them wandering into the darkness of the night. His eyes, however, were anything but quiet. If Ruellia glanced back to catch his gaze, she would see how ferociously those fires burned. It was a heavy anger with which he stared, although he was not mad at her--could never be mad at her. And while his lover, his wife, his soul knew him well, the closest he had come to this simmering inner turmoil could not match the feelings that plagued him now. A part of him was truly a chasm of hopeless fury; a part of him, if one could pry their way inside his core, was like the gateway to Hell itself.

We're alone, as commanded. A wave of need flushed through him, but it couldn't extinguish the anger. It was soon replaced by bubbling guilt and nausea. Amber eyes narrowed as he stared at her, reveling in the stillness for just another moment. He knew this news would break her heart; worse, it had the power to shatter her mind. She had lost too much already. And he felt, truly, that all of this was his fault. He trusted Teneff with their daughter, he wasn't present enough, he hadn't searched in time... Vaitan stepped forward until he was parallel to his wife's ghostly form. He looked out over the River as he spoke.

Low, tremulous, but somehow firm at the same time. Heavy.

"Lunaria. She appeared to me a while ago, but I didn't tell you. I couldn't. She had lost her memories, and she was weak and frail, and I didn't know whether or not she would survive. So I took her into the desert with me. I looked inside and saw where she's been. That man...we once called him a friend. He held her captive, tormented her, until they both went insane. By the time she managed to escape, she was not herself, and she..." Vaitan's throat was thickening. He remained tall, stoic, yet his aura bristled with fierce energy. "She had no will to live. Lunaria...didn't make it. She died a few days ago."

The man's jaw tightened, and he glanced up toward the sky. "All that's left of her body now is a shard of glass. I...lost control when I cremated her. I know I should have waited for you, I should have told you, but...Kurai. Ruellia, that vision would have haunted you for the rest of your life. If you want to see it through me, you can, but I...have already failed you. I didn't want to make it worse." Vaitan's eyes closed. "I gave her remains to Akako and Kaede. There is no use holding on. We were never meant to have her."

[Image: nm68E3I.png]

[ Reply ]

Posted 03-31-2018, 04:01 AM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

She waits with bated breath, eyes locked to Vaitan's simmering visage even as he cast his gaze outward. A chill of cold, or, perhaps, terror ran down her spine, and her hackles flared visibly in anticipation. Nothing could have prepared her for the name that slipped from his lips; Lunaria. Rue gasps as though the girl's name wounded her. A daughter lost, she'd become to the pale Queen. Just another child lost to the dark like so, so many others. Ruellia hoped, of course, that one day the girl would find her way back home- as so many Volos are won't do to. Maybe she would return, like Yvaine, still the darling girl Ruellia remembered. It was a hope fueled by loss, and though Rue knew the reality, she clung to it. And now, now the girl's name was tossed forward and reignited Rue's need.

She remained silent as he continued, lips parted, eyes searching his face with a quiet, growing rage. Her eyes grew sharp at mention of Teneff, a face whom she forced herself to ignore. His promises had been empty, and her daughter still disappeared. Perhaps the man ran off with his tail between his legs when he lost track of Lunaria, or so Ruellia thought. Yet the truth Vaitan revealed was entirely different, and wholly worse. Betrayal further fueled the anger inside the pale queen, and had Vaitan turned a wary glance her way, he'd note the snarl curling the edges of her lips and the way her claws dug deep into the ground- muscles taut and shaking. Yet still he continued, laying bare the terrible deeds. Their friend, that man, had garnered Lunaria's full and ultimate trust, only to take her, manipulate and mold her into something unrecognizable. And where were they? The parents of the sweet princess? Guilt joins the emotional turmoil.

She'd stopped looking at him. Instead, her eyes were clenched as tight as all her muscles, and each word spoken by her lover presented the maddening Queen more fuel for her insanity. (One day soon, she would walk the family path to the edge of the abyss, and see her there.) She gulps in horror at the realization, the melodramatic tale that would haunt- scar her forever. (A small, pink scar to forever mark Lunaria's death.) Ruellia doesn't notice, doesn't realize the shadows she began to gather around her, but she is fully aware of her next moves. "No..." she says, she gasps, eyes still clenched painfully shut as she turns slowly to face him. "No...," Her head shakes. This was so much worse. This, this confirmation of demise. At least before Rue could pretend, could hope, could dream. Glass eyes open, catching Vaitan immediately in her gaze, and she moves as she shouts, "No!" As the Queen moves, so too do the shadows. They wrap his neck in a shadow hold and pull as Ruellia pushes Vaitan into the river. They would aim to hold onto him, keeping him perilously just above the water until Rue stood over him.

"She wears strength and darkness equally well. The girl has always been half goddess, half hell."

Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 03-31-2018, 07:35 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

All she was doing was denying the truth. It wasn't enough to open Vaitan's eyes, it wasn't enough to warn him of her intentions. Still, that knot of guilt continued to tighten and fester in his chest, fueled by the snarl in Ruellia's voice. By the time she screamed, and the beast finally tilted his head to glance at her, he didn't have time to avoid her attack. The shadows thrust forth to wrap around his neck, and his amber eyes widened only a fraction. There was no way he could have moved out of the way--and he wouldn't have wanted to. She was his soul and his fire, his anger and joy, she was his everything.

And now, she held his life in her hands.

Vaitan gaped up at her, his body merged in the cold, rushing water. His legs kicked instinctively, but instead of being afraid, or pleading for his lover to snap out of it...he laughed. The beast actually laughed, his gaze simmering as it burned into her cruel visage. His rumbling voice began to push from his throat, and he coughed slightly due to her tight, rope-like hold on his neck. "Go on, Ruellia, drown me! Is that really what you want to do?" Water splashed up into mouth and he coughed again. But the fierce intensity and wicked smile never left his facade. "Kill me, maybe it'll spare you from my curse. And you can go breed with another man, someone whose children will survive and thrive. Then I can't hurt you anymore."

Memories flashed in his mind, maybe because he was inches from death, maybe because his words triggered the pain. He had failed her, but hadn't she hurt him time and time again? She had been so close to choosing duty, to choosing the Verien boy, over him. She had vanished for months right after he confessed his love. She left him again when she was pregnant with their children, choosing the sinister comfort of Kurai's shadows to his warm embrace. She would always choose Kurai, and he had come to peace with that long ago. But every ache, every wound, was worth the way she understood him like no one else. And Ruellia must have known that he knew her, understood her, on a level no one else possibly could. If she was willing to give that up, then she was truly mad.

Then, if that were so, maybe he would welcome death.

"Ruellia," he breathed, shivering against the cold. His devil-wicked smile faded ever so slightly. "I love you. I will never let go of you. But I couldn't hold on to Lunaria anymore. So if you don't want to hold on to me, I understand. But you will have to kill me, because I will never stop fighting to be by your side."

[ Reply ]

Posted 03-31-2018, 08:22 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

There were not many times in Ruellia's life that anger got the better of her. The first time, she'd taken a life. The second, ruined another's. Rue was the queen of controlled emotions, but here, in the face of her daughter's death, she was fire and fury. Her once stoic mask was contorted, but even as she snarled at her lover, inside she knew the anger wasn't for him, not really. The chilling waters ran over them, over her paws, as though trying to cool the frenzied woman. No amount of cold could quench the flame of fury inside her. His words only manage to further her rage, and her shadows tighten and draw him further under. Somewhere inside the boiling turmoil, the girl that fell in love fought against this reckless betrayal, but that girl, that child was but a whisper compared to the dark voice that spurred her on. 'Look at his laughter,' it taunted, and Ruellia snarled all the more louder, like rolling thunder, 'He mocks your pain, mocks your loss, mocks your anger. Drown him, drown him- he wants it, he needs it.'

Yet, even in this painfully controlling fury, Ruellia can't truly hurt him. Still he is held just above the waters edge, and though her whole body shook with desire to push him in, to hold him there until he was a corpse, she didn't. She is a beast of contradiction, both loving and hating, fire and ice, and if Vaitan caught her sea-glass eyes in his, he would see the war she waged within. 'Listen to him, so quick to give in to you. Do as he says. Take another man. Take Mercury, or whomever catches your fancy. Become the sainted whore you always were and rid yourself of this curse of a man.' She shakes her head roughly, raining down stardust and flower petals, and Vaitan's voice managed, at last, to speak louder than the other. 'I love you.' He says, he reminds, and at once the pale Queen realizes her actions. But does not stop. Cannot stop. "You," she begins aloud, her voice shaking with turmoil as she inches forward, "Should have told me. The minute, the second you found her. I deserved, I wanted, I needed!" So angry is she that her own failings did not matter. "And you think, you truly think I could-" again her head shakes furiously, snarls again filling the air. "That I could kill you!" 'You can,' the voice said, and her eyes go wild as if she sought the shadow figure that commanded her. 'You. Can. Do it.' Over and over it whispered its violent delights into her unhinged mind, and, all at once the enigmatic Queen screams while the shadows pull her blessed lover under water.

Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 03-31-2018, 09:01 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

His body was dragged deeper, and he gasped, arching his neck as much as possible. It was all instinct, rooted in survival, but it was all futile. Vaitan could only watch as his soulmate warred within her own mind. He could see the turmoil in her sea-green gaze, the turbulent waves of her ocean tempest. She was deciding whether or not to drown him. In the moment their eyes met, he could have called upon the Blessed powers of Empathy, swaying her from violence. He could have transformed into an otter and swam to safety. He could have burst into a creature wrought of flames, and the shadows would have lost their hold, and he could storm the bank. But Vaitan chose not to. He wanted to know what she would choose.

'You...should have told me.' Yes, he should have. But that was not his response. "Look at you!" he yelled, gasping yet again for breath and kicking as the waters rushed his snout. Would time have changed anything? You've lost touch with sanity. He felt that it was self-explanatory: look at yourself, look at what you're capable of. Do you see how violent you are? Do you see--do you see how beautiful you are? There was no time for him to respond to her rage. Ruellia screamed, and before he knew what was happening, Vaitan was dragged beneath the surface.

She chose to kill him. It wasn't totally her--it was Kurai, of course, eating away the inner-workings of her brain. And it was him, too, chipping away at her sanity with every foolish, passionate embrace. The shadows were wrapped tightly around his neck, constricting his airway, making his lungs burn for release. But he couldn't breathe, lest the water rush in and destroy him. He stared through the bubbling current, trying to grasp one last image of his lover's pale form. In this moment, Vaitan experienced transcendent clarity. Really, it was funny--the very day he chose to offer nothing and everything to the gods, just when he decided he would never let go of the ones he loved, his life was going to be taken from him. By the one he loved more than anything else, no less. The cruel irony of it caused Vaitan to laugh, and all the oxygen rushed from his nostrils, his jaws parting to accept his fate.

And Vaitan began to drown.

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-01-2018, 07:12 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume. The sweetest honey
Is loathsome in his own deliciousness
And in the taste confounds the appetite.

'Look at you!' His voice reached down deep inside of her, even as the water engulfs him. It reaches the part of Ruellia overwhelmed by the beast, to the part trapped in an iron-wrought cage of madness. Yet still she can only look on in horror as the beast that was herself plunged her most beloved into the waters. Could only scream in silence at herself to stop, please stop, I love him, I love him! She wanted Vaitan to strike back, no, needed him to. Needed to feel pain anywhere else besides her bloody and broken heart, so that she could wrest back control. Ruellia existed, in this moment, as a beast of duality. Inside, the child, the girl that fell head over heels for this man with a flaming heart. Outwardly, she is the culmination of a creature of darkness. Her skin pale, her eyes white with fury, and her fangs slick with venomous fury.

His mouth opened, allowing deadly water to rush into his lungs, and this served as the injury to awaken her. Her muscles went lax, feeling rubbery and unreal as she stood over Vaitan, though it only takes her a half second more to plunge her own face beneath the water, her jaws gaping as they searched gentle purchase around the side of Vaitan's neck. Rue struggled to pull him from the water, dragging his heavier frame proved difficult, and though she tried to remain gentle, there would likely be small, painful puncture wounds where her fangs met his flesh. Once freed from the water's icy grip, Rue would release him, her own body shaking from exertion though she continued to tend to her lover. She nearly killed him. Ruellia would never forget this. No amount of apologies, no amount of good memories could ever wash away this stain from their relationship. In Ruellia's fury and madness, she had almost taken the one life she cared for more deeply than Kurai. Almost.

Ruellia pushes him onto his side, working like a clockwork creature as she placed her fore-paw on his chest. She pumped it, none too roughly, for Vaitan hadn't lost full consciousness, she needed only help push the remaining water from his lungs. Once he came to, the Queen would move about yard away, back to him and shoulders slumped. She shook from head to toe, but not because of the water, and certainly not the chill. Her voice is hoarse from screaming as she says, "What did we do, Vai?" Never had the sound of utter defeat come from her pale lips. "What did we do to deserve this?"

Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-01-2018, 07:33 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

Blackness crept around the edges of his vision. Immediately upon the water's entry, the burning sensations overwhelmed his lungs. It was unlike any heat he'd ever felt. It was nothing like the familiar burn of the desert sun, of the delicious scorch of Akako's flames against his lips; no, this burned without the comfort of heat. It was a cold, cruel burn, existing between his core and the surface of his skin, in a place he could not reach. It was all he could feel--the hatred, the love, the humor, all emotions vanished for the moment as pain took total control. Only one thought clung to his mind as he wavered in and out of consciousness: this span of time just before drowning to death, this must have been Hell.

Vaitan couldn't feel Ruellia's fangs in his flesh. He only knew that he was being moved, that thin streams of oxygen trickled into his nostrils. But for some reason, he still couldn't breathe. He shook his head woozily as Ruellia laid him down, and after a moment of intense pressure, the water burst from his lungs. Just as quickly as he'd died, he was alive again. Vaitan's eyes opened wide then narrowed to slits. He coughed, gasping for breath as he half-sat up on his forepaws. He couldn't maintain the position for long, and he lowered himself again to the grass, trying to grasp his surroundings. There, he saw Ruellia's back to him, too far away. So, she had decided to save him after all...but only after she had decided to kill him.

What did we do to deserve this? Vaitan continued to breathe deeply, slowly, savoring the relief of air. His gem glowed faintly as heat radiated in his cold, trembling body. The thick muscles began to relax as his core temperature rose quickly. After a few moments of the tremulous silence, the beast grinned, a hollow chuckle escaping him. "Nothing, my dear," he replied, still laying in the grass as he watched her. "And everything. Tragedy is beyond reason."

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-01-2018, 08:26 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

This night would haunt Ruellia until the end of her days. No longer could she call herself the keeper of madness. One cannot keep what they cannot control, and she realizes her foolishness in ever even trying. Just because she had been kissed by her dark god, did not mean she was immune to his manipulations. Was madness in her very veins? The blood that pumped through her, Volos and Scorn, were they, too, tainted by the same madness that pushed her to such extremes? Even now those dark whisperings flitted about her mind, quieter now though no less malevolent, and Ruellia, the prideful Queen of the underworld, felt hatred for herself.

Though she kept her back to him, Rue was intimately aware of Vaitan's every move. Every painful gasp of air was like a dagger to the heart, reminding her each time, you did this. Could they ever come back from this, she wondered? And if not, what then? What would be her purpose? Nearly all her children gone, or disowned- their legacy but dust in a child who barely survived infancy. Ruellia knew, without Vaitan, there would be nothing for her. He was her last bastion of sanity, her last light in the dark and she'd nearly snuffed his flame. "Nothing and everything..." she whispered as a chill wracked her body in shakes- or, was that guilt? Finally, she turned back towards him, and crouched. As though on hands and knees, she crawled toward Vaitan, never once catching his gaze even as she lingered before him, head cast down like a bow of shame. "Hurt me, Vai. I deserve it, I..." her voice cracks, and her muddied claws grip the earth as though she were in pain, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm furious, and sorry and my head just won't stop-" Rue sobs, and inside, she hears the malevolent cackle of the beast.

Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-02-2018, 03:36 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

Vaitan's heart beat just a little harder as Ruellia turned to him. But she did not berate him, as he half-expected her to. Watching her crawl to him, head bowed in guilt and shame, procured of surge of need from the beast's malicious core. That pleasure, however, was quickly washed away by the sorrow and anger that ran through his veins. He could only gaze at her in bemusement for a few, long moments. And when the tears wracked her body, his brows finally creased in worry. "Hurt you?" he asked lowly. "Well I've already done that. Or you wouldn't have pushed me into the river." There was amusement in his tone, but it lurked like a thin film over the surface of his heavy, somber voice.

Vaitan inched closer to her, sitting up slightly. His eyes narrowed like fiery slits as he said, "Your head won't stop. It won't stop until you leave Kurai's gem and caverns behind. And by the gods, Ruellia, I wish you would." There it was, the truth at long last. But his voice was not pleading; it was rough around the edges, hard. "But I know you won't do that. Nor should I ask you to. You are your people's last hope, because you've outlasted the insanity longer than most, it seems. And still, you relapse. Your hallucination in the rift, that was your sign. And whatever else you haven't told me." Vaitan peered at her intently. "I know you keep things from me, my love. Don't deny it. And don't deny me, either. The only way to beat the madness is to be stronger than it." He knew. He had conquered visions of chaos as well--at least temporarily. He was doing it right now--twisting his mind to cope with the fact that his wife had just drowned him.

Finally, Vaitan grinned darkly. "You think trying to murder me will ruin our love? Oh, Kurai," he purred, teeth glinting in the dim light, "you'll have to do better than that."

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-09-2018, 02:03 AM | This post was last modified: 04-09-2018, 02:04 AM by Ruellia
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

She felt like she'd been the one drowning. Her throat ached so badly that blood rushed loudly in her ears- or was that because she clenched her teeth so tightly that the joints in her jaws creaked? When her eyes shut to blink away the tears, the beast roared in the darkness, reminding the pale Queen of her growing failures. Murmura, Balaraj, Valyn, Lunaria- none of them had she been able to keep, been able to protect, and if she could not protect her own children then what kind of Queen was she? Rue needed Vaitan's lash, to feel the pain of reality but even in needing she knows her guilt- her selfishness. There's a truth to his words that makes her sobs come to a silent, quavering stop, though her breath was still ragged as she stared at Vaitan from 'neath wet lashes. It was that fury, she realizes, that made her snap. The feeling of utter betrayal, and, of jealousy. He'd gotten to see her again. Bloodied, bruised, broken, but there. Maybe if he'd found her, told her she could have- no. Rue shakes the thought away with a haggard sigh. If he'd told her, well, Rue would have been excited and happy and furious, but still she would be a Queen. And Ruellia would always do her duty, before her children, before her husband.

Ruellia is silent as he speaks, the only sounds from her now were but heavy breaths that shook her whole body. She blinks, almost owlishly, revealing nothing of her thoughts, and even when he utters to Kurai darkly, she remains quiet, as though searching. She'd reabsorbed her cowl of calm, the beast that controlled her but moments ago was once again cast into the abyss where he would remain. Later, of course, Ruellia would find her way into the dark, would seek out the darkness and run over her actions with painful clarity; but for now, she pushes it aside with a shuddering, aching sigh. Her eyes glance towards the water as she speaks, her voice a whisper out of need, "You're wrong, Vai..." Rue shakes her head, and meets his fiery gaze, brows creased in sorrow as the side of her forepaw rises to meet the shadow at her cheek. For a second, she thought it moved, squirming under her touch like something living beneath her skin. "Even if I were to leave, he's in me now. I can feel him, just under my skin, Kurai," and even in the way she speaks her spite, her eyes are filled with love, with adoration- even now, she loved her dark god. Because, of course, she loved herself. "Maybe it's not him. Maybe I've always been mad, maybe it's in my blood. Which came first, Vaitan? The madness, or the mad?" She laughs, but it's a spiteful thing, and she knows it stems from her disappointment. In herself.

Another moment passes, and Rue finds her shivering form swaying closer to Vaitan's though there is a breath between them- her flesh not touching for want of invitation. "I helped you bury a body, but gods-be-damned, I never want to bury yours- I... I," Rue gulps, and her paw seeks Vaitan as though she needed something to hold her in this world, for she felt like she was falling. Or sinking. Drowning. "I can't lose you. Do you hear me, Vai?" Ah, there it was, the passion that she wielded as her sword and defense- and all for him. "If this happens, if I..." she doesn't say her fears, but it's obvious in the sudden intensity of her eyes, "You. Fight. Back."

Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 04-14-2018, 11:32 AM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 7.00
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
591 ep
© Jamie

[mature]

She spoke with quiet need--afraid for herself, afraid of his reaction, afraid of the darkness that lurked in her own mind. Seeing the proud Queen of the Underworld frightened of anything was a rare sight. The vision slithered into his fiery gaze, wrapped in the coils of his mind, slid down into his gut where it unsettled him. It was as though he, too, could suddenly feel Kurai just beneath his skin, wriggling. But Kurai did not own Vaitan's soul, as he owned his wife's. Akako was the one who burned there, and in an instant, the fury razed all sensations of unease. Doubt, fear, worry were incinerated. Only anger, passion and determination remained. Look what you've done to her, you maniacal bastard. She is your queen, your blessed, your one true hope for acceptance in Doutaini. And you're abusing her. For the first time since entering Doutaini, including the tribulations of natural disasters and packs torn asunder, Vaitan felt hatred for one of the gods. There was no doubt in his mind that if he could fight Kurai tooth and claw, he would taste the god's black blood in his jowls.

But this was not a fight he could win physically. Kurai was out of his reach, and besides, the entity was a creature of mind. He would have to be cunning and strong-willed to defeat Kurai in this life-long war. These thoughts and more swirled through Vaitan's fervent mind as he watched his lover closely. She tipped her maw to him, touching him ever so slightly, begging--demanding--that he fight back next time. Little did she know, the beast already was. In a sudden motion, the man aimed to grab her tightly, holding her unrelentingly close. Still, their faces were far enough apart that his amber eyes could burn into hers. "You want me to lash out?" he practically roared, snapping his fangs at her. His voice rumbled through their bones as he continued, "I could hurt you, so you would know how I feel, so I could ease your guilt. Set you free. But fuck that, Ruellia. I told you--I will never let you go."

Then Vaitan would reach in for a deep, fevered kiss. An endless breath, a drink of sustenance to revitalize their wounded souls.

As he parted, the beast murmured, "I am already fighting back, Rue. What you perceive as submission is my faith in you. If I give up on you, I've already let Kurai win. But you are stronger than that, my love. And I assure you, if I had to fight you to keep you by my side, I would. But it won't come to that." The snarling edge of his tone gradually lessened. At the end of it, his voice was gentle and velvet-smooth once more. He tilted her jaw up toward his handsome visage. "It is impossible for you to lose me, Ruellia. I fucking guarantee it."

[ Reply ]