pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © Kennaleecat
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Fire the skin almost split
Posted 01-28-2018, 11:52 AM | This post was last modified: 01-29-2018, 09:28 PM by Egypt
Fire
Egypt
Fire Healer
Male, 4.25
Meso-fighter
34 in, 129 lbs
0 ep
© faun
EGYPT
whatever his mind is: it is lain out sprawling on bare ground, twitching, imploring, not so unlike a primitive form of life who reaches out and recoils from unkind stimuli. his edges feel raw, wild, he idly thinks is this what it feels to be bad? but dismisses the thought with the severity of an old, mean guillotine. down goes the blade.

he is back. it is a warm, sultry spring night, heavy with humidity with a sky so clear that it hurts. beads of sweat collect around where his hair slicks up and is the thickest. it is not the desert's cold nights, but a languishing humidity that makes his lungs feel as if they are breathing in only water. he smiles, but only to see if his face is still there. he looks down at his toes. one of them are torn out and bleeding. he looks at what is beyond him. he is back.

from here, the willows look like little more than haggard, hunchbacked crones with twisted hands and twisted hair. the moonlight traces each and every upturned leaf, cascading down in waves that graze the floor. he brushes by them, and enters into the ring of the trees and their strange little faces. his shadow is long and terrifying behind him. he does not regard the enormity of what he has just done, because then he would run again and never look back. he must go on, and he does.

fire's symbol leers at him, all jagged edges caught in moonlit relief. it is one part fear and three parts memory— for a few precious moments, he is back in the desert again, family by his side, their farsi like incense curled around his nose, a blistering, baleful sun that made the backs of his eyelids pulse a gentle red, a furious beast just barely asleep.
for any fire members or family!

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-28-2018, 02:55 PM |
Shesha
Rogue
Female, 4.25
Mesomorph
30 in, 112 lbs
15 ep
© chapin.
Catching his scent and following it was easy. She was no stranger to the strong arouma that was her Uncle. The recluse followed him back into Doutaini, catching up to him under the willow marked by fire. With a huffing breath she spoke, lungs burning and reaching out for air all around here. ”Returbing home as well, I see.” Shesha had missed her Uncle Egypt dearly. Seeing that he and she were on the same page with a desire to return to their motherland. She would aim to hug the man, her rock, should he allow it. She wasn’t sure if she, herself, was ready to leave the life of solitud; but she would wait here and see what there was to offer. Shesha was almost positive only one of them would leave collared and shackled to a God.

crappy phone post, but she’s gonna tag along on this thread for her return:)

in group threads please do not tag me unless it is my turn

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-29-2018, 09:43 PM |
Fire
Egypt
Fire Healer
Male, 4.25
Meso-fighter
34 in, 129 lbs
0 ep
© faun
EGYPT
her approach is not a surprise, but pleasant, nonetheless. he smiles with his back to her, lets it spread over his face and reach his eyes so that it spans into little wrinkles. the moonlight falls over the pallor of his cheek, dappled shadows shifting and tracing as if they were living things. they look like ghosts. "shesha, my niece." his lips barely move, and his teeth are a row of pearls. he accepts her embrace, lets her head rest on his shoulder. the weight of her shoulders, her skull and the viscera beneath, it anchors him. he is not such a fractured man anymore, not now.

"where have you been, girl?" he doesn't expect an answer. she is intangible, it was so easy to let her trickle past caged fingers. a flighty little bird, he thinks. it would be a pity if someone clipped her wings. all that matters now was that she was safe.

he shudders, something malevolent inside of his skull shifts and turns on its side. no one must know. the vast span of his eyes disappear beneath a film of skin.
Shesha

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-30-2018, 12:01 AM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.25
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

"A question I echo," her voice came from the shadows like a breathy sigh, "روشن کمی زده (little lightning struck)." Irony was an age old companion in Doutaini, and tonight, it reared it's head. How many times had she happened upon Shesha, each time moving the Verien woman down a path of change? Third times the charm, it seemed. The shadow Queen kept distance between herself and the others, and cast a backwards glance that coupled a grin. "Vaitan will be along shortly," she said to Egypt, noting the way he stood beneath Fire's symbol; though even without, would assume he'd return his allegiance to Fire, being of Verien decent. "Forgive me, I'm afraid we haven't met. Ruellia," the pale woman dipped her head with a slight curve, almost curt in nature, though she is merely out of breath.

His scent was still upon her, all smoky sweet and desert baked, and an observant eye would see the Queen's fur delightfully tussled from hours of play. It couldn't have been coincidence that both Ruellia and Vaitan were near the Willows when the children of Verien returned. She and Shesha were tied by forces unseen, likely during Shesha's near-death at the hands of a Storm wolf. (Ruellia had been young, eager, her gem red as the one once around Shesha's neck. 'I must save her,' and try she did, without fruit until Akako returned her to life.) The girl had been eager to leave Fire, and Rue had been more than happy to bring another Verien into the dark halls. But it didn't take. Eventually, like so many others, Shesha's scent faded from the Caverns.

"You once swore fealty to me, do you remember?" There's a note of seriousness that takes her usually cheshire tones, but Rue couldn't hold in her laughter that bubbled forth, "How've you been, love?"

"Stars, hide your fires;
let not light see my black and deep desires."

Shesha
ooc:: Jamie'll be replying to this tomorrow :D <3

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-30-2018, 02:08 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 6.50
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
551 ep
© Jamie
He heaved breaths that rang with laughter, deep and rumbling like thunder itself. Vaitan saw his wife's silhouette disappear into the treeline, but he paused in his tracks, lifting his head high. How odd, that they were playing near the Willows just as he felt that unforgettable tug at his soul. Of course, he knew the exact source of the sensation, having been Beta then Alpha of Fire for some time: someone was resting beneath Fire's Willow Tree. A faint grin returned to the surprised beast's lips, and he surged forward once more, amber gaze sparkling with anticipation.

When the beast arrived on the scene, he slowed to a casual prowl, eyes immediately drawn to the pale trio. The newcomers, he realized, weren't "new" at all, but he wasn't quite sure how he remembered them. There faces called to him, like visions from a distant dream, like memories from another life. Vaitan shook his head--he knew that wasn't possible. In any case, Vaitan never forgot a wolf's name once he conversed with them, so perhaps he had seen them around Doutaini but never spoken with them. Ruellia, on the other hand, appeared to know the young female. 'How've you been, love?' was all the beast could hear as he approached. He quirked a brow, his devilishly handsome grin sliding back into place as he joined them. The beast would aim to brush his shoulder gently against his wife's flank, pressing into her unashamedly as he stood before the other pair with confidence.

"You seek entry into Akako's ranks, yes?" he purred in question, his baritone chords calm and smooth. He gazed at both of them curiously, inwardly yearning to know how Ruellia was connected, and why they both wanted to join Fire. "Forgive me, but, I'm sure I've seen your faces somewhere before...but I do not know your names. I'm Vaitan, Alpha of Fire."

Shesha Egypt

[Image: nm68E3I.png]

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-31-2018, 12:04 PM |
Shesha
Rogue
Female, 4.25
Mesomorph
30 in, 112 lbs
15 ep
© chapin.
She would smile to her uncle, they were the exact same age but he would always be seen as the wiser of the two. She didn't even mind that he referred to her in a manner that made it seem as if he were a lot older. "I've been here and there, what about you?" Where had he gone, she wandered. Her thought was strictly stuck on an adventure that was coming to an end because she was ready to rejoin a society that had likely long forgotten them both - until a voice blew through the willows. A literal, blast from her past. The exact woman she wanted to see in the halls that ran below the lands. Turning to meet her gaze, "ملکه من" (my queen) She would aim to move closer to Ruellia, dipping her head to the woman before her. "I never truly gave up my loyalties - I just needed to try to find my family." Eyes shifting to Egypt. She would bring her head to a bow, looking at the woman who saved her all that time ago, speaking surely to her; "I'm not here to join my Uncle in Fire. I'm here to finally catch up with him." Her next stop was home. And her only home in Doutaini was Enigma. The only wolves outside of Egypt who cared. When Fire's Alpha appeared a lot of words were said, but only a few caught her ears. Cold, harsh. "We were only born to the sands of Akako; if you knew Trace, Nagini, and Catori I'm sure you would remember us." She was a child, a puppy, she didn't recognize or even remember Viatian. Nor did she really care too. Her cold words, hard stare at the man would soften the second her eyes fell upon Egypt.

Egypt

in group threads please do not tag me unless it is my turn

[ Reply ]

Posted 02-01-2018, 10:32 AM |
Fire
Egypt
Fire Healer
Male, 4.25
Meso-fighter
34 in, 129 lbs
0 ep
© faun
EGYPT
everything about this is aptly doutainian. he lacks an adjective for the familiarity of it, how it felt as if he was falling back into smooth conversation with an old friend. he is not surprised when a voice strays from the darkness, at the face it belongs to when it appears. she is from enigma, and he takes the time to recall his months there away from the sunlight, stone and eyes for company. he knows that shesha will follow the pale woman. he knows before she says it— the decision in her eyes, clear as they held each others' gaze. there is some reluctance in his face, to see her go so soon. (they had just met, after all.)

"i am egypt verien-porteghal. i do believe i had a home in your caverns when i was a child. there is a smile on his face again. it is sure and sweet, and it makes him look strikingly boyish. the pink of his irises twinkle; they twist and turn as he moves his head in a cordial nod. he is amused at the way shesha treats the alpha of fire. strange girl, she is. he'd never be able to understand her fully. he looks at vaitan with apologetic eyes and a self-deprecating tilt of his head. "i am egypt," he repeats dutifully, "i had so much of my family in akako's land, and i do wish to make them my home once more."

he directs a quick grin at shesha, and a meaningful look. i'll visit. it seemed to be goodbye for them now. he clears his throat as he turns back to vaitan, bowing his head a fraction. manners were always a priority. "i can offer my skills in healing, but if you wish, i can make myself useful in any sort of rank. i will not take without giving." home! if events went well, he'd be in his beloved desert again, a red pendant around his neck, he would be almost whole. he could forget about what happened so recently before he arrived. the gentle glow of the moon, the presence of these wolves, they subdued him like water down a parched throat.
Ruellia Vaitan Shesha

[ Reply ]

Posted 02-02-2018, 08:30 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.25
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

It's Shesha who holds the pale Queen's attention, even as Vaitan slid beside her, brushing against her flank in a manner most delightful. Shesha responds in the language of the Verien's, and Rue can't resist the grin that spread across her lips. She didn't know the exact translation, but could feel the honor in every exotic syllable. Perhaps, if the woman were to return with her, Rue would learn more of this language loosely taught to her by a man whose voice was as the herb he smoked. The enigmatic Queen felt a sort of responsibility to the scattered Veriens, though she would never say such, and she was more than pleased by Shesha's response. It seemed, regardless of the time away, the girl still felt something for the dark Caverns Ruellia once invited her into. "I'm glad to hear that." Ruellia admits, honestly, her eyes glittering with a happiness she rarely allowed to take the full of her face.

She was still a spitfire, it seemed. No, not a spitfire. Shesha was too cold, more ice than fire in the way she addressed Vaitan. Ruellia recalled her eagerness to leave Fire, to rid herself of the memories that her almost-death brought her. Perhaps that was why she spoke to Vaitan with such disdain. Rue pressed a comforting shoulder to Vaitan, and spoke lightly, "Veriens, love. I met Shesha during my brief time in Fire, and later, took her under my wing." She would keep the lightning strike and subsequent divine rescue to herself. It wasn't her story to tell. At least, not in front of Shesha. Her features harden nearly imperceptibly as she speaks, again, to the Verien girl. "Fire is more than Enigma's ally, darling. Vaitan is my husband, Fire and Enigma are family." There was an underlying message, 'respect him', even as her lips spread in her usual Cheshire manner. "You'll both be able to visit as often or as little as you wish. Egypt, you're welcome in Enigma lands anytime."

It seemed her night of wonderfully distracting play would come to an abrupt end. They arrived a pair, and would leave the same- though not together. Such was the way of their life. Duty first. Always duty first. "Unless I am being presumptuous. You do wish to don the violet gem again, no?"

"Stars, hide your fires;
let not light see my black and deep desires."

Shesha

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 02-04-2018, 05:45 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 6.50
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
551 ep
© Jamie
Vaitan's brow twitched, so subtly it was likely no one would notice, but Ruellia clearly felt his tension. The Fire Alpha, for one, thought he was too old to deal with wolves who still thought a snappy attitude could get them somewhere. But he listened to his wife's explanation, and he glanced at Egypt, noting the apologetic look in his eyes. With a single breath, the beast allowed his irritation to pass. He didn't bother to explain to Shesha that they were just before his time; he and Ruellia arrived in Fire just before Trace's death and Nagini's departure. At that time, almost four years ago, he was Fire's hunter, and spent the majority of his time in the Crimson Meadows. The beast's fur smoothed as he reached over, aiming another gentle, appreciative nip to his lover's cheek. Hearing the authority in her voice was always a pleasure. He would then turn with an amused grin to the male figure, his eyes gleaming as he listened.

"I'm glad to meet you, Egypt. Fire is actually in need of a healer. I'm sure we'll make great use of your skills." Vaitan bowed his head slightly, as well, returning the gesture of respect. When he straightened, it was with an aura of confidence, not egotism. "As dear Ruellia has stated, Fire and Enigma are united. Shesha can come visit you in the Torrid Desert whenever she pleases. She can cross the borders with your permission." Vaitan cast a sidelong glance at his lover, realizing it was time for them to part. The nights were never long enough, it seemed. But they would find time in the future--they always did, eventually. "It'd be my pleasure to take you back to the Torrid now, if you're ready? I'm interested to learn what you've been up to all this time, if you don't mind my asking." As he began to turn in the direction of Akako's lands, he would wink at Ruellia, then offer Egypt an inviting smile.

Shesha Egypt

[Image: nm68E3I.png]

[ Reply ]