pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © Kennaleecat
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Private state of my head
Posted 01-12-2018, 07:23 AM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Wolf
Female, 4.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
153 ep
© crow.

It's been a long, bumpy ride sittin' back in the saddle.
      Today was the day. Heart aflutter with excitement--or was it fear?--the thing had gone last night to make preparations. In the yawning darkness, the thing had scoured the mountain in its entirety. Moving with a swift deftness that had come from many private trips as these. The Hill was familiar, now, and navigating its cracks and crevices came in leaps and bounds. Sure-footed, the thing had become, in this uncertain place where the wind seemed to enjoy battering its victims--just to see if they'd fall. But, quickly the thing had moved, here and there, scenting the air, careful to leave little trace of itself behind. No point in leaving remains. When it found the resting place of the glittering gems, strung on steel chains, it had scarcely breathed until one of them hung from a single canine tooth. Then, as quickly as it had come, the thing disappeared with the shadows.
      The rising sun, blinking into the waking world, shed its light on a figure that sat alone at the very peak of the Hill. Perched upon its highest point, a small rock on a small plateau, the thing was poised like a statue--a gargoyle wrought of marble and obsidian. Its back stained with the blood-red of the morning rays, the silhouette shifting in pricks and pokes as the fur was buffeted by the immense wind. And from its maw, angled perfectly to catch and reflect the growing sunlight, hung a necklace with a Wind gem attached to it. Sparkling only inches from the one seated round the gargoyle's neck. And its eyes, like blazing topaz, electric, stared out at the world.
      Last night the thing had cleared the path up the hill of debris and foliage (however sparse the latter). Shouldered aside some larger rocks to create a prestigious way befitting of the wolf intended to walk it. Then, just before the dawn, in the still darkness, the thing had let loose a cry for this wolf. Summoned it from the very top of the world, above the clouds. And now, it waited.
      It's time to get down, dirty up our knees in the battle.

"Words here."

notes. private for theodosia.
words. 344
tags. Theodosia

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 08:16 AM |
Theodosia
Spirit
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
36" in, 132 lbs
204 ep
© Violetta
When summoned; the warbound thing couldn’t help but obey. If this could be named submission. She came upon claimed land, although it didn’t really matter in the scheme of things. The last Queen she met here seemed... Depressed. Unhappy with herself and everything to do with the Wind pack. Theodosia tried to make small talk, and messy politics. But perhaps she was too brash with it — too insensitive to understand the depth of the Wind Empress’s unhappiness. It still begged the question of why she came; why she bothered. Cerulean slits surveyed the land. The small cervices and cracks in their defense. There was a gorgeous view. Xyntanza’s Hill really was the peak of Doutaini. At the very top despite being so barren. So lonely... An exaggerated huff left the forestland woman, tail brushing over the green earth. Fog shadowing her quick steps. You called? Warbled voices, narrowed blue blaze. Together they seemed like monstrous things. Because nobody understand their thought process. My broken Queen? She drawled quietly.
(image from open clipart)

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 11:31 AM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Wolf
Female, 4.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
153 ep
© crow.

The chill of the night had scarcely been chased by the morning sun when the summoned arrived. Strange, perhaps, but there was no sense of mine, this time. This wolf was her own creature, her own being with her own thoughts, and belonged to no one. Certainly not this thing, this... monster. And it was the freedom, the independence, of the female that had drawn the thing to its conclusion. Drawn up the plans for this day, and laid them carefully into place. Now, all the groundwork complete and the wild wolf here, there was nothing left to do but to begin.
      Still, ire rose at being addressed with such a title--this made visible by a flick of ear and quiver of hackle. The thing knew it did not deserve such a label. Did not deserve recognition for anything it had aspired to accomplish. For it had done nothing but wallow in the nightmares and anguish in isolation. Set apart from the world, distant from its friends. Selfish. Well, that ended today. Here, and now. It knew that the Hill deserved a better attendant. That the pack the thing had been claimed to lead--though those words had never left its own lips--deserved to grow beyond the measure of one. So it bristled at the title, but did not act upon the irritation. She was still half-right, after all; This thing was broken.
      The thing settled its electric gaze upon the female, a great and nasty grin spreading across its maw. "I see you wear no necklace." And that grin grew wider, and those teeth became more visible. And that gaze crackled and popped with sparks and heat. "Did the title of Gamma no longer suit you? Did you want more, that others would not give?" A calculated flick of tongue against teeth, to cause the necklace dangling from the lower jaw to dance in the morning air--the gem glittering in all the rising rays.

notes. hehehe <3
words. 324
tags. Theodosia

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 01:43 PM |
Theodosia
Spirit
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
36" in, 132 lbs
204 ep
© Violetta
It is then she saw the pale gem; hanging, gloating her. But it took awhile for everything to click in her brain, and align like other normal aspects. Lips peel backward, hackles bristling. What is this? The woman’s breath catches for a split, tumbling in her throat like a fool. I’m a wolf of all names. All packs. I see that now, I cannot be held by a simple name. A fickle god. Is Theodosia wiser, or merely willing to give more this time around? And take in the same snatch. Her narrowed, judging gaze eyes DMC. Women of similar faith, yet different ways of gaining what they want. Maybe in another life they could of been shield-sisters. Maybe they still could? It wasn’t for Theodosia to ponder, nor anybody else who had a life. The she-wolf’s tongue flicks baring canines, muscles twitching beneah a thick coat. I’ll always want more. But I’m modest. Patient. She snorts them, settling on wind flattened land. Willing to entertain this beast of her own mannerisms. For however long it took to understand this game. What... Is this for? What do you plan to do? Ears flatten against her skull, defensively perhaps? If she actually believed DMC wanted to spill blood. We’re just wolves at the core.

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 02:40 PM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Wolf
Female, 4.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
153 ep
© crow.

There was excitement at the she-wolf's answer. At the lifting of lips and hackles. There had been part knowledge, part hope, that this is what the female would say. That there was a kindred understanding of the world and oneself. There was, perhaps more than the thing could dare to believe at the moment, enough in common between them to call for something more. They could have been something. Could be together. And there was a soft exhalation, a single chuckle that would be mistaken for a sigh if one weren't paying close attention. With a bitter note beneath it. At last, the thing had found someone whose beliefs mirrored its own.
      Still, still, the thing was quiet beneath the judging sweep of eye. Solid as rock. Not even the wind could touch it now. It waited as the female tensed, bared her teeth, and spoke of herself. Waited as it realized there was something more afoot. Waited as it grew suspicious in narrow-of-gaze and flatten-of-ear. Amusement floated in those blue eyes, staring, rigid, at this female before it. Amusement and... something else. A roiling something that frothed and foamed--sitting just beneath the placid surface. There was silence, only for a few moments, before the feeling within was too great to withhold any longer and cried out for action!
      The statue broke loose its limbs. Moving to stand as a giant waking from an eternal slumber. A creature come back from Medusa's glare. Then it came forward, the thing did. It moved in slow, precise, calculated steps. And its eyes narrowed and its tongue flicked out and its ears pressed forward. I would come within a hair's width of the female's muzzle, should she not move, where it would stop and stare and breathe. "I plan to give you greatness." The tendons in its legs quivered. It leaned forward a fraction of a measurement before catching itself, all-too-eager to make physical contact. Not yet. Not yet. "Would you take the crown of an empty kingdom? Would you start from nothing and, through your blood and sweat, build this place anew?" Its breath grew ragged, voice cracked as it tried to finish. "Would you taste of flesh and soul and be tasted yourself?"
      The thing's entire body was quivering now. The flesh of its muzzle twitched violently, the fangs within desperate to come out. It stood on the edge of self control and stared into the abyss and wondered what would come of them if it would only let go. But it couldn't. Not without knowing whether the temptation was shared. That the heat that surged through its veins was felt in equal. And should she refuse... well... who's to say?

notes. -fans self-
words. 450
tags. Theodosia

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 04:10 PM |
Theodosia
Spirit
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
36" in, 132 lbs
204 ep
© Violetta
Like a shock to the heart. A pause in time. Theo is held still with gravity. Suddenly quelled and muted. Oh. A crown. Isn’t it what she always wanted? What she broke back and made powerful enemies for? A breathless pant leaves her, for once vulnerable. Shocked. Paralyzed even. Jaws close with a subtle ‘click’; leaving nothing but eternal silence between them. The tables turned so quickly; with DMC holding the youth’s hope in snapping teeth. Hold it well — it won’t be caught a second time. I- I’ll take your crown with honor. With faith. I can’t- Fur rustles on the strengthening breeze, eyes now flickering away from the resilient Queen. Or... Ex-Queen now? This was a situation far beyond beastly comprehension. Far beyond her comprehension. Theodosia could feel the pale woman’s breath, oh so close. Perhaps if it was anybody else, she’d consider it too close. But this was part of a moment she’s wanted forever; or at least that’s what she assumed. you’re sure right?- the she-wolf’s heart can’t help but flutter unsteadily. Power and control. A mocking laugh leaves her; willpower not enough to stop it. Now those are two things Theo still hasn’t mastered. And probably never will. It wasn’t in her brutal nature. take anything. Anything you want as payment. Ears deftly listened to her companion’s cracking voice, and heaviness that sat in previously clear air. ‘Would you taste of flesh and soul and be tasted yourself?’ She almost chokes on surprise, any attempt at finesse lost in thoughtless movements. Reckless in her honor; her quickly earned cravings. Theodosia moved closer; trying to press, feel the smooth curve of DMC’s neck. Stooping low for the smaller. It was odd to say the least. just— take me if you desire. Claim all of me. I don’t mind.

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 07:43 PM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Wolf
Female, 4.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
153 ep
© crow.

The realization dawned upon her, and with it came a... vulnerability. The look in her eyes. The quiet click of jaw going shut. The averting of gaze. And how the thing wanted to take her in this moment. When her defenses were abandoned in the wake of such an offer. Electric gaze studied close her face, seeing every crease of flesh and line of fur. Noting the restrained exultation. Daring to hope. But scarcely daring to breathe. The angles of her face jerked to attention.
      Forward stepped the she-wolf, eager. The thing dipped then lifted its skull, quickly attempting to place the necklace around the girl's neck as she came closer. Unhooking its bottom jaw, it hoped the chain now sat, perfect, around the wolf's neck. To match its own. Then, abandoned were inhibitions. With a swift motion and a sharp snarl the thing stepped forward into the female's embrace.
      The flesh at its neck tingled at the touch of another being. So long forgotten. Fire blazed through its body, igniting its desires. The snarl grew in volume, in violence, jerked from the mouth as maw gaped wide. Forelimbs strained, lifting the chest to their toes, as neck arched and target was selected. The back of the neck, where fat and fur and extra skin meant no harm but great traction for fangs. Then the thing dove, letting its weight pull down its open muzzle onto the female. It closed shut its teeth, metering pressure to prevent injury but attempt firm hold.
      "I... need..." The words, muffled by both attempt at grasp and raw emotion, cut off by the very same. Grab, hold. Hold.

notes. ;D
words. 274
tags. Theodosia

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 08:54 PM |
Theodosia
Spirit
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
36" in, 132 lbs
204 ep
© Violetta
It slips around smoothly; sputtering to life as new power coursed through her veins. The Wind necklace is comforting, and yet Theodosia couldn't help the shame that enveloped her. But this moment made it worth every moment of burning shame. A hitch in her throat; feeling the soft, coarse fur beneath her grasp. DMC's body presses against her own, warm yet firm. Assured in her own superiority and femininity. A whimper leaves Theo. Not a weak, or strangled sound. It was lightening hitting kinder, the heated crackle of a fire. Theodosia quivers slightly. Desire bubbling between the crevices. It's hard to breathe now; hard to function. Feeling DMC flush against is an intoxicating feeling. Potent in its effectiveness. Pure carnal wants making Theo pliable, understanding? Feeling the pull on her neck, the now Wind woman leans into it. Gargoyle statues finding comfort in each other, although it wasn't love -- not yet -- it could be if tended to with care. I know. She rasps back tenderly, aiming to press DMC back, close to the ground. This was too intimate... Too personal then the usual fling. But this wasn't usual. It wasn't normal. Do you want to...? Theodosia leaves the question incompleted, letting it hang in the empty air.

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 10:10 PM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Wolf
Female, 4.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
153 ep
© crow.

This was all there was. This, right here. This moment. Pressed against another living, breathing being. The thing that she'd become began to crack and crumble. To reveal her true self beneath. But it was fleeting. And it was bitter. And it was agony. There would be the capacity to love, again. The ability to temper her violent and aggressive nature and find a kind and quiet way to show affection was possible. Just... not here. Not now. What a fool you are. The mind was already made up. The path ahead was clear, thanks to careful preparation and precise forethought. Maybe this way, she'd find something she'd been searching for her entire life... peace.
      The wolf snarled, savage, and gripped for any fur or flesh that was available in order to hold the she-wolf still. There was a moment of stinging clarity which she used to speak. "Give me one day, then take my necklace from me." Cast me to the fires of hell like any other devil. Then she released any grip she might've had. Stepped away from the warm body. There was no hesitation after that. No chance for anything to be changed. There was nothing but a sudden shuffle of paws and turn of body too quick to be caught.
      In two great bounds she covered the distance between here and there. The last leap gathered all four paws beneath her, balanced precisely on the edge, and her tendons released their tension and flung her out. Out into the wind of the peak of Xyntanza's Hill. And her form fell through the clouds, and into the abyss.
      ...and the paperwork showed, she'd signed a DNR.

Devil May Cry has given Theodosia alphaship of Wind, and asked that she not remove her from the pack for 24 hours. She has flung herself off the peak of the Hill and disappeared into the clouds.

Official status from here on: missing.

notes. -
words. 280
tags. Theodosia

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-12-2018, 10:31 PM |
Theodosia
Spirit
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
36" in, 132 lbs
204 ep
© Violetta
She's gone as quick as she came. All of this happening in a span of five minutes. The adoring heat. The unshed, confusing passion. The held breath is released, muzzle wrinkling in an almost-snarl at the sudden sting. 'Give me one day, then take my necklace from me.' What- DMC is like air; quick and uncatchable. And with her, a piece of Theodosia's soul chips away. NO! a brutal snarl, muscles contracting and twitching. with devastation. denial. but the beast is gone, having flung herself off the peak. all swindle muscle and lean agility. In the same fluid movements, the Wind Empress lunges forward, just barely avoiding her own tumble. As jaws snap closed around empty air. yet it felt so heavy. no. it whispered with little emotion this time. trembling limbs rapidly shifted into motion. down the mountain. toward a new beginning. but it was odd to come a vagabond, and leave a queen.

-exit-

[ Reply ]