pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Into the night
Posted 01-07-2018, 01:05 AM | This post was last modified: Yesterday, 01:37 AM by Lux
Lux
Rogue
Female, 2.25
Meso-fighter
29 inches in, 110lbs lbs
0 ep
© Shaz
night fell quickly, bringing with it some welcome releif from the spring heat. she sought the growing shadows with fervent desire, her skin a l i g h t beneath a coat of chocolate and honey. the fur between her shoulders rose in silence, a careful warning to others as she began her descent into the unknown. for a moment the breeze tickled the skin beneath her hackles, ruffling the fur with a tantalising caress. lux paused to lean into the touch, a breathy sigh escaping parted lips as the cool air touched torrid flesh. while the wind brought momentary relief it also brought a damning smell, the sting of which caused the young wolf to curl her gums in protest. the stench saturated her senses - a decidedly poor welcome into a new land.

With her peace disrupted the glacial queen continues on, paws grappling the hardened earth with ease as she descended. the decline was not overly demanding, but she could feel the strain on tired legs none the less. the smell continued to tug at her senses and she realised that so long as she was here (wherever here happened to be) then she would not escape the stale scent of a dying earth. the pit was not particularly enchanting but with no knowledge of her whereabouts lux's only choice was to continue forward and hope that perhaps she would find her way out. of course, despite the inner turmoil ( the wonder and the worry! ) lux displayed no sign of panic or concern. Her gums had flattened once more to her teeth, her hackles rested against her shoulder blades (though still accentuated by the longer fur that grew there). As night hastened it's approach the she-wolf walked on, finding an unusual comfort in the growing shadows where some would find fear.

ooc: done! anyone welcome.

@[LUCIEN] @[RUELLIA] @[KESTON]

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-07-2018, 09:46 PM | This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 09:46 PM by Lucien
Lucien
Rogue
Male, 3.25
Meso-fighter
35 in, 129 lbs
0 ep
© hobs
ransom notes keep falling out of my mouth
soul searching - that is what he had been doing since he'd arrived here. Never, though, had come across his foolishness...until now. He'd traced the southern edges of the land, careful to loop around the claimed territories; not eager to have another run-in with the magically inclined. In his haste to go around such lands teeming with the scents of wolves, he'd landed himself right where he did not want to be: the pit. You're a damned fool. And an even bigger fool when he finds himself stalking back into the pit from whence he came. He's not quite sure how he'd spotted her in the waning light, nor why it feels so easy to set himself after her when he'd typically leave strangers to flounder in their own mistakes, but here he was; the disquiet in his bones forgotten in his singular quest. There was no warning party. There was no ill-omen. No skeletons obvious enough to point rogues away from this mud hole where wolves make the shadows dance and offer their homes to you without a second glance. Though the smell might be the deterrent we all ignore.

"I wouldn't stay long if I were you," He hadn't been quiet in his approach, hadn't seen the need to sneak up on her; such actions were of his old life, a life that wouldn't allow him to extend simple courtesies like this one here. "Place is crawling with weirdos," The wince that follows the words indicates how self-aware he is after such a statement. A beat after his words die off, Lucien offers her a shrug; his expression one of ironic amusement for this wonderfully dreadful situation and his poor choice of words. "weirder than me, I mean." The unease that had followed him here is back as he means to catch her icy eyes with his own; feeling a dip in his gut that always led to dread and nightmares.

""
Lux

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-08-2018, 05:24 AM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

She loved the old song and dance. Ruellia wasn't quite astute as Mercury when it came to successful recruitment, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. Going through the motions wasn't so difficult for the enigmatic Queen, and besides, a trip to the Pits was ample distraction from the tragedy dwelling in her caves. Her Father's health was declining rapidly, and though he still clung to life, all of Enigma could feel his pain. A war of emotion dwell within the darkling woman, on one hand revived and excited for the coming spring, on the other, worried. Scared. Horrified. She wanted, needed to cling to the distractions as long as possible and thus, weary paws met the harsh, muddied earth once more. She didn't expect to find wolves here, though she wouldn't be surprised by their presence (she'd been wrong before, after all).

She is, surprisingly, close when Lucien speaks, though downwind and his voice was almost carried away by the still-winter brisk winds. Though familiar, the pausing Queen couldn't put a name to the voice, and already her paws pulled her towards them. Only once she is close enough to see his face, and they hers, does she put a memory to the voice. A brief, flickering frown crossed her lips as she sniffed the air, noting with a chagrin the lack of Rebel scent on the once-claimed brute's fur. "Weirdos like me, I imagine?" She says with a small, alerting cough as she comes to a slow stop; still a few leaps away from the others. Ruellia can't help the mischevious (and nearly cruel) grin that spreads across her lips as she eyes the man who had once feared her. (She assumes it to be a fear, or discomfort. Two spectrums of a similar emotion. She was a barb in his side.) "Rebel didn't take?" Her head cocks, and she laughs, though inwardly the enigma woman wonders if she should call for Charlotte.

Perhaps.

Finally, and with a small dip of her head, she turns her ocean eyes on the newcomer, an apology writ on her lips as she says smoothly, "Forgive my rudeness, and I'll forgive his." She laughs again, in a manner that almost runs away with her, before continuing, "Though I cannot deny the truth. I am odder than him. You'll find oddities abound further in, I do hope I don't frighten you."

"Stars, hide your fires;
let not light see my black and deep desires."

Lux

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-09-2018, 04:03 PM | This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 05:36 PM by Lux
Lux
Rogue
Female, 2.25
Meso-fighter
29 inches in, 110lbs lbs
0 ep
© Shaz
night had enveloped them. the shadow she had been so fervently stalking melted into the inescapable obsidian of night. where others might find fear in the darkness, lux felt entirely comforted by it. She enjoyed the way in which the darkness clung to her, as though night it's ran his fingers through her coat and drenched her in impenetrable obscurity. It was a comfort but not a shield. With the dim light shrouding her vision of the ground, lux relied solely on the feeling of it beneath her paws to determine her path. The ground had at first been rock hard, dried by the harsh extremities of the sun and scorched as though no rain had fallen in years. Yet as Lux traversed (unknowingly) deeper into the pit the earth beneath her paws began to change. The hardened earth began to soften and to stick, clutching at limbs as though in an attempt to keep her. Thankfully the glacial queen was not so tired as to ignore the warning and so (carefully) she turned to retreat.

It was only when she did so that Lux finally noticed the stranger who followed. Instinct caused her hackles to rise once more, her lips flattening into a thin line - neither menacing or welcoming. She stood rooted to the spot, the pit sucking at her paws as though to devour her. She regards him carefully though without much emotion, the lines of her face remaining stoic despite the inner turmoil that raged within. She realises now that what she had assumed where the sounds of the pit where actually this wolf on his approach. While she was irritated she hadn't realised sooner, she was not afraid. As the stranger stumbles over his choice of words (an action that oddly wolfanises him as opposed to painting him as a threat) Lux watches closely, her senses suddenly heightened by the strangers company. "O? and where am I to stay if not here?" her brow arches in question, the first movement of her facial features since she had turned to look at him. Though her voice held a tint of amusement, the question was entirely genuine - she was a stranger to Doutaini and having no idea where exactly she was proved difficult in deciding where exactly she needed to be.

Their conversation does not stay private for long for they are soon joined by another. Instantly Lux is drawn to the necklace that dangles at her neck, an oddity that Lux had never encountered before. Yet despite her surprise (and mingled curiosity) she still does not break - her face remains a closed book, her gaze seemingly bored as she glances between the woman and the man. The strange woman asks a question of the other, a bark of laughter intertwining with the enquiry which leads Lux to imagine that it is not a genuine expression of interest. Mockery perhaps? When Ruellia turns to Lux it is to a blank face, though it swiftly changes as the Enigma alpha suggests that the De Cheval woman might be frightened. "I haven't seen much to be frightened of" she comments flatly, no hint of mirth evident in her tone. "Where am I?" the swiftness in which she changes the conversation is again evidence that she is not fearful. There is confidence to her stature, a carnal declaration of instinct and wit. Of course she was out numbered her and without knowledge of the place she was at sever disadvantage, but she was not yet frightened, despite what Ruellia suggested.

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-10-2018, 02:17 PM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 4.00
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
809 ep
© Julie
The arrival of spring breathed new hope into the world as heavy rains worked to wash away the tragedy that loomed overhead. Death was a cruel harbinger of times ahead, especially when it intertwined with a youthful soul. Keston had weathered a storm of untimely ends and the tribulations pooled into a young, but knowledgeable mind. Despite the curse of difficult times, however, he maintained a sense of optimism that renewed with each rising sun--a belief in something larger than himself and unwavering devotion to his goddess. As he ventured from the coastal borders of Doutaini towards Kuro Pit, the steady rhythmic drumming of his feet kept him company along his travels and a sweeping breeze combed through the sprawling hairs encircling his neck that fashioned the namesake of his ancestors. The Lioncourt king followed a path that was well-worn, compacted down by the passage of himself and many other wolves as they sought to venture between the eastern and western halves of Doutaini. His attention was occupied by troubled thoughts over the members of Water that had fallen missing, interrupted by a fleeing rabbit that darted across the trail or the constant buzz of insects aiding the regrowth of the surrounding flora. Before long, Keston had arrived at his destination--the infamous Kuro Pit. Venturing into the belly of the beast, mud slicked the light golden undersides of the oceanic king while sapphire eyes landed upon a gathering of a few wolves. Donned with a gemstone of Enigma, he recognized the queen of shadows and offered an amiable smile to flash across his features. Towards the pair of strangers, he dipped his muzzle to them each in a sweeping motion that caused the beryl gem around his own neck to sway gentle back and forth. “Welcome to Doutaini, travelers. My name is Keston, and I am an ambassador for the Water pack at Cerulean Waters.” He offered kindly, having been just out of reach to hear their conversation before his arrival. The Lioncourt settled with his newfound stockings a respectable distance from the strangers, russet ears pointed forward in awareness amid the uncertainty of their demeanors.

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-14-2018, 05:39 PM |
Lux
Rogue
Female, 2.25
Meso-fighter
29 inches in, 110lbs lbs
0 ep
© Shaz
ooc: can't tag so just bumping xD

[ Reply ]