pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome Being vigilant
Posted 01-06-2018, 11:38 PM |
Elise
Rogue Wolf
Female, 2.50
Ectomorph
37 in, 89 lbs
0 ep
© Kriss
Why had she come this way? The ugly surroundings were starting to make her heart panic. She should turn around and head..where? She was quite used to lone living. Life in the shadows was what she knew. But a tiny spark of curiosity lead her forward. Maybe somewhere existed a place for her. Maybe the whispers were true. A different type of world from her own existence. Hope and fear mixed but not well. Every fiber screaming to turn back, head away from the new scents. She wasn’t sure heading in the direction of others was worth the risk. Early life had taught her to fear others, yet hope burned, a tiny flame.

Tired legs, each white caked with dirt carried her forward. She wasn’t sure how long she been wandering here. Each bent and broken looking tree starting to look the same. A small bird flew overhead, letting out an shrill tweet. Her head jerked with the noise and eyes searched as she peered up. It was almost a need to find the source. Just to lock eyes and affirm that was the cause. She caught sight of it just before smacking into a tree. A yelp escaped her as she fell back away from the tree. Chest heaved as her heart raced. She scolded herself for the fear. "It was just a tree.” She sighed lightly. Why was she still in this place?

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-07-2018, 12:00 AM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 4.00
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
809 ep
© Julie
In the midst of grief over the loss of another dear friend, Keston turned towards a place he was all too familiar with in the hopes of finding distraction. The infamy of Kuro Pit that presented an unattractive gate to Doutaini was an unfortunate circumstance, yet Keston was never bothered by unruly demeanors. The Lioncourt imagined that much like those who wandered the crater, there was purpose and an identity beyond the shell of a foul surface. New beginnings were created here with the hopeful promise of all the wonders Doutaini had to offer looming just above the crater’s rim. The golden warrior found himself drawn by this sense of optimism and hope, for the past seemed nothing but a dreary mess. Cerulean eyes roamed briefly until a yelp rose over the pit. Russet-rimmed ears stood alert as he investigated, finding a young woman by the skeleton tree. The limbs swayed gently back and forth as though they were settling after being struck by a force, and without hesitation, Keston directed his path towards her. He approached her head on in an attempt to not surprise her, concern resting on his voice as he called out. “Are you all right, miss? I can find a healer if you require one.” The amiable king offered, settling a cautious distance away as he waited for her answer. Earth was not far from here, and should she need medical aid, he was on good terms with their leader and might solicit their help with ease.
Elise

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-07-2018, 12:17 AM | This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 05:06 AM by Ruellia
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

The dawning of spring finds the enigmatic Queen in a mood most delighted, so much so that even the Pits could not sour her. Near the tree she lurked, the only landmark in miles and oft the place that draws the rogues, the wastelanders, the foreigners. From her hiding spot she watched the weary woman approach the tree, distracted by the familiar cawing of the scavengers above. In gleeful silence she watched her ram into the tree, holding tight the snicker that threatened to spill forward. Still she watches, intent, as Keston approached, amiable and noble as always. The first contender. At this thought she cannot help but laugh, her bell-bright voice proceeding even her image; for shadows had cloaked her until now. "Women are not such dainty things," she would say, her voice lighthearted and raised to make up for the distance between herself and the others, "sir Keston." To this she adds a bow of her head, low enough to be respectful; she had no qualms with him and though her words were mischievous in nature, she meant no true harm.

She turned her ocean eyes on the newcomer, a cheshire grin on her lips, though it didn't touch her porcelain guise. "A little head ache is nothing at all, hm?" Again a laugh, this time at a joke neither would understand, before she would don a mask of seriousness. "I jest. Welcome to Doutaini."

"Stars, hide your fires;
let not light see my black and deep desires."

Elise

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-07-2018, 10:59 PM | This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 11:24 PM by Elise
Elise
Rogue Wolf
Female, 2.50
Ectomorph
37 in, 89 lbs
0 ep
© Kriss

Her head rose as the male arrived directly ahead of her. Immediately she went stiff. Internally reprimanding herself for such foolish. Watching wide eyed as he spoke though, her head tilted slightly. Kind words? As the wheels churned to process, thoughts went to possible trespass. Could this be just a disguise? She couldn’t be deserving of such kindness if she had been trespassing. Neither his words, nor his ways indicated what she was drumming up. She felt her fear though, internally trying to calm the anxiousness threatening to overtake thoughts. She righted her head as she started to respond but another sound rang out.

She turned quickly taking a few shaky steps backwards. Her body screamed for her flee and quickly at that. Turning as the female emerged from the darkness she took another step back. Muscle memory, keeping a known distance. Subconsciously she anxiously pressured each digit down and back up again on her front paws. At the words of the female she forced herself still though.  “I must be a pathetic sight.” She still her paws once the realization hit her. Drawing in a long breath, an attempt to calm her straining muscles and racing heart, all she could do was nod. 

It seemed truth to Elise though. She had wandered this far with not a scratch to her body. If a headache was all she suffered, she should count herself lucky. And if she was meet with generosity rather than hostility who could she be to argue? She kept sight of both Keston and the female though. She couldn’t risk missing something due to her foolish thinking. Doutaini. The name was unfamiliar, but so was just about everything she had seen on her journey here away from the past.  Finally after a moment she spoke. “T-t-thank you for your welcome.” Voice threatening to crack as she had begun. “And for your concern. I believe I am alright though thank you for your offer Keston..sir.”  The last almost word almost inaudible. A habit, which had not been broken to her utter dismay.

The effort to keep her body from trembling was  almost visible. As she shifted her weight from side to side her tailed swayed ever so slightly. “I am quite sorry for the intrusion. If you’d like I could leave your land of Doutaini, I did not mean to be here.” She wasn’t sure what to say and that bothered her. After a few moments of rambling apology to them both, she willed herself to stop. Telling herself on afterthought. “Weakling, any more feeble sounding and I might as well call myself a rabbit. ”

Keston Ruellia

edit by riv ; just fixed the code so it could be aligned for you! don't mind me.

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-09-2018, 12:24 PM |
Enigma
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.75
Ectomorph
41.35 in in, 102.22 lbs lbs
450 ep
© Sylvirr
Briefly, Ruellia may have had the unfortunate appearance of two heads, for not far behind her does Mercury, too, materialize from the shadows behind his friend and partner, the ever-present grin on his face perhaps offering her no comfort though it is an expression the cheshire king cannot help. "Tsk, Ruellia. You know even the strongest woman may need a healer from time to time." His tone, playful as always, though there is truth to his words, and finally he comes to rest beside her though his sightless eyes rest on Keston. His fur bristles against the breeze--not a display of any sort, simply an effort to cool himself off as his winter coat has yet to have fully fallen from him and he is simply not yet accustomed to the spring warmth.

Yes. Perfect excuse. He is TOTALLY not randomly nervous because of the tall drink of water that is Keston. Nope, of course not.
Speaking of..."Sir Keston," he greets, smile unfading--unyielding.

"Don't be silly, why, we're all here to greet you and take you home. It's far more likely you'll find a home here than anything else." He'd LIKE to think that most wolves in Doutaini had some kindness in their hearts and souls--even the madmen and madwomen of Enigma, as the two of them stood.

Ruellia Keston Elise

[Image: eLCRPG4.png]

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-09-2018, 10:25 PM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 4.00
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
809 ep
© Julie
Anxious lines of worry disappeared from his features upon discovering the collision did not produce a critical injury. Keston turned his head towards Ruellia as a smile wrapped around a flaxen snout and he replied light-heartedly. “I know better than to suggest they are—otherwise, I make myself a blasphemer to imply Kei is somehow inferior in strength to that of her brothers.” Keston confessed as another figure emerged from the shadows—Mercury. He should have guessed it to be so, as it had been some time since they last ran into one another here. “It is good to see you both.” The lion extended with the dip of his head in greeting, a gesture that went perhaps unknown to the enigmatic man—however, his tail wagged lightly behind him and Keston imagined he might be able to pick out the light brushing back and forth against his hind limbs.

Attentively listening to the woman and his friends from Enigma, russet-rimmed ears swiveled forward as he leaned in towards them with interest. When the man of shadows finished, Keston allowed a pause before he would make an addition. “As Mercury eluded, this place is not claimed by any individual. It is called Kuro Pit, a place where newcomers gather and representatives from the packs of Doutaini greet you, extending an invitation to join their pack if the greeting is amiable on both sides.” He tried his best not to overwhelm her with too much information all at once, though truth be told, Doutaini could appear to be a complicated region to a newcomer. He had been born into the Water pack and lived here all his life, and because of that, Keston often overestimated the capacity for immediate understanding for those of different backgrounds.

“My name is Keston, from the Water pack at Cerulean Waters. We are a coastal pack influenced by the guidance of our goddess, Kei. In exchange for our faith in her, she has gifted us with a piece of Water her element in the form of these jeweled necklaces to command her element at our will. I would offer you a demonstration, but it tends to make a muddy mess here.” He continued after a momentary pause, ending with an infectious smile and a trill of rumbling laughter in his warm voice as he pointed out the sapphire necklace at his throat. “If you are interested, I gladly extend an offer for you to join Kei and myself—it would be a pleasure to have you among us and I could teach you about how to use Kei’s gifts.” The Lioncourt mentioned with sincerity, easing back onto his haunches as he relaxed in front of the woman and pair from Enigma—there was no reason for him to feel unease here, and with that he awaited the woman’s reply.
Ruellia

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-19-2018, 01:54 AM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi

Mercury's appearance was about as unexpected as starfall was during the festival- that is to say, not at all, and the Queen doesn't even send him a welcoming glance as he adds his own piece to the mix. She places an exaggerated frown on her lips, and, rather like a child she complains, "You never let me have any fun!" And, indeed, it would have been fun to watch the pair of them squirm and sputter, searching for the right way to respond to the pale ghost of a woman. Instead, Keston returns with words that would rival her own in divine understanding. The petulance faded from her face to reveal a bright smile, and an eager nod. "Truer words, sir. Truer words." Yet, even as she speaks this, her attention is returned to the newcomer. With stoicism and a mild mannered grin, she watched the girl stumble and stutter through her words. Ruellia saw her daughter in her, in the awkwardness that made her shift her paws, in the volatile self-talk that followed each utterance and that left a black stain across her psyche. (Prideful beings don't often see the existence of anything but their pride; and Ruellia was nothing if not prideful.)

In silence, the shadow Queen watched Elise. Keston, as expected, extended a paw in membership and explained the baseline of his pack while Ruellia, instead, learned the baseline of Elise. With learned ease she invaded the girl's mind. Outwardly, she merely stared, though she would lean, easily, against her dark counterpart so that the fatigue would not show in the shaking of her legs. After a moment, and as Keston leaned back into the mud, Ruellia pressed, suddenly, forward, devouring the space between she and the foreigner in a single, leaping bound. She moved like water, a dancer's grace, and paused but a foot away.
"A weakling you may be today, little rabbit, but you will learn strength of mind in my Caverns." Ruellia grins, a wide, half-crazed thing as she continues, "You can splash around in water, or, you could take a gem of a more... illusive sort. Kurai is my god, girl, and he grants me and mine powers of a darker sort." She meant no ill towards Kei, nor towards Keston, but for her; all other elements were child's play in the face of Kurai. "In exchange for toil and pain, you will know yourself and all others better than they know even themselves."

She steps back, giving the foreigner space as she casts a small, challenging grin towards Keston before she murmured, "The choice is, of course, yours."

"Stars, hide your fires;
let not light see my black and deep desires."

Elise

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]