pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome Speak To Me
Posted 12-26-2017, 05:51 PM |
Melody
Rogue Pup
Female, 0.50
Ectomorph
34 in in, 80lbs lbs
0 ep
© Ravenwing
The mute little wolf called Melody walked slowly through the willows unaware she was lost. Her tri colored eyes looked around slowly before continuing forward. She did not utter a word or sound. Melody was completely mute. She rose her head to the sky and gave a few sniffs to the air before looking around a few more times but she was not sure where exactly she was. For now Melody continued to walk slowly keeping her eyes open and on the look out for any dangerous animals. She knew from her parents that it was not good to be alone. She didn't want to of course but there was nothing she could do about it and she had no way for her to communicate to whoever found her. Most people thought she was being ignorant because she would not talk. She wished she could tell them the truth or let them know that she wasn't being ignorant. She just could not talk. She stopped once more and sniffed the air again. She once again looked around the area before sitting down. Where exactly was she though? Everything looked the same to her. She looked down as she heard her stomach grumble. She was hungry, she hoped she could find something to eat soon.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-26-2017, 06:06 PM |
Storm ( Admin )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
294 ep
© Julie
Marbled skies were knitted across the horizon as Philippa set off from Lightning Valley. The gentle lullaby of thunder played in the distance as she traveled westward, her eyes set on the biodiversity of the Willows and surrounding areas. It had been some time since she last employed her skills as a healer and devoted her days to collecting the necessary items, but with spring just around the corner, she hoped to get ahead of her work. There would be many plants for her to transplant into her garden, but today Philippa focused on collecting supplies such as sticks, cobwebs, and particularly willow bark. As she came into the ring of willow trees, blushing rosé eyes caught sight of the young girl all alone. Worry knitted her dark brow into a deep furrowing as lithe steps shuffled close. “My goodness, little one—how cold you must be! Are you here with someone?” Philippa asked gently as she stepped forward, attempting to wrap her body with knotted curls around the girl for warmth, should the girl allow. Philippa peered around to the willows in search of a companion for the child, but unfortunately, there was no one there. It panged her heart deeply that such cruelty could exist for a child so young, for as a mother herself, Philippa could imagine no greater tragedy than to be separated from her children.
Melody

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-26-2017, 06:31 PM | This post was last modified: 12-26-2017, 06:59 PM by Devil May Cry
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Wolf
Female, 4.25
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
153 ep
© crow.

Thou shalt not kill. The sheer weight upon the soul here was both quieting and dis-. A strange presence that impressed a sense of peace. Inescapable. When first the thing of many forms had set paw here, it had marveled in wonder and horror at the power of the place. The ease woth which the Beast was soothed. The great fitful slumber of the thing of violence and blood. Not gone, but restrained. It was for this reason the thing had decided to make the first journey down from its hill in some unknown but great length of time. To seek refuge among the willows, where the troubles of the world were not hidden by the wind. but muted by the still silence. Perhaps, it thought. Perhaps we can think. Without the anxiety and stress that had become the mainstay of its existence these past months. Without worry or fear of judgement. For trees could not talk.
      The form, as the drooping limbs gentle their leaves over its back, was not as thin as it had been recently. Through care of the Beast to nourish them all, it had begun to regain the lost percentage of weight. Still starved of mind, but no longer famished of body. The steps were beginning to become precise and measured once more, though still yet careless in their firm placement. The result was a being near-robust which moved with near-purpose. Its eyes, only blue, no electricity, searched the space between the trees in half-hearted motion. And, for a moment, the presence of the thing was small and insignificant against the backdrop of the peace that was here. There heaved a great sigh of relief, and with it came the scent of something small and vulnerable.
      With a twist of lip and sway of head, the thing turned to the wind and began to trail. Not far from its tree—why had it gone to the tree? Why that tree, when none called it before?—stood a young wolf, alone in the night (or was it day?). The thing rushed forward, jaw agape and ears pressed back flat in desperation. Tail held low and wagging in jerky frantic motions, it held its weight close to the earth as it came. The intent was to stop, but over the young wolf, so as to protect it from the world that had so marred its own soul. If the pup qould not move, of course. If it could, it would lean down and whisper to the young one’s ears. Else it would be crouched where the pup used to be, whispering enough to be heard. "You’re not safe here."

notes. wrote this on my phone, please excuse any typos or code errors. also i couldnt refresh to see if anyone else posted before me so if they have, disregard this entire post and i’ll delete it when i get home. edit: i see someone beat me. disregard this post i’ll ask staff to delete. changed my mind. we’ll say DMC was barreling toward Phillipa too, but didn’t realize because she was focused on Melody. fml lol
words. 440
tags. Melody

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-26-2017, 07:11 PM | This post was last modified: 12-26-2017, 07:12 PM by Melody
Melody
Rogue Pup
Female, 0.50
Ectomorph
34 in in, 80lbs lbs
0 ep
© Ravenwing
Melody stopped when she heard someone speak, she turned to see another wolf, much older. When she approached Melody quickly backed away and lowered her head, watching cautiously. It was then another wolf came. Once again Melody quickly backed away as he came towards her. She didn't know these two wolves, she had to be careful. She was cautious. They were both much bigger than her. When the other wolf spoke, Melody cocked her head in confusion. What did he mean, 'You're not safe here' did he mean the first wolf that came? 'Who are these two wolves? What do they want?' She looked between them both slowly before slowly sitting herself down. 'How can I communicate with them? How do I even let them know I can't speak?' She sat silent, thinking to herself. After a minute had passed she quickly stood up. She opened her mouth and shook her head. She did this two more times. Opening her mouth, then shaking her head once more. If she could get them to understand that she was mute, then maybe they would pay attention to her body language, maybe they would find it easier to understand? She wasn't sure but they both needed to know anyway. They didn't seem too harmful yet. Maybe if they knew, they would try to help? She didn't know.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-26-2017, 08:20 PM |
Storm ( Admin )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
294 ep
© Julie
When Philippa drew near, the young girl shied away from her and was left exposed to the elements on this dreary winter day. The wildflower’s ears crooned softly to the side of her skull in hesitation and chose a more cautious demeanor in an attempt to soothe the girl. “It’s okay, you don’t have to be frightened. My name is Philippa, and I’m only here to make sure you are safe and all right.” Philippa replied in a gentle coo, easing herself into a seated position with a small distance in between them to help put the child at ease. “Do you have a name?” The woman of storm asked then, only to be interrupted before the girl could answer by a new arrival—a woman of wind, riding in on the notion of dangers that were whispered upon the winter air. Unease stirred the motherly instincts within Philippa as the knotted strands around her neck rose in rigid lines, razored by the static current that served as a precursor to her element.

Her awareness sharpened by a new sense of alertness, Philippa tried to edge closer to the girl amid the uncertainty that came with the arrival of the stranger, but allowed a smile to remain regally across her features. “You will not be harmed here.” The Izaak woman countered boldly as her body twisted defensively, a challenge and warning issued to the woman of wind against harming the girl as Philippa looked reassuringly to the abandoned child. Philippa watched as the girl opened her mouth and yet silence spilled across her tongue; as a trained healer, her first instinct was check for a wound, but there was nothing to explain the phenomenon from what she could observe from her position. “You can’t speak, can you? Can you understand me—hear me, I mean?” She asked then, trying to understand the girl’s capabilities and help get to the root of the issue before trouble brewed from the foreboding stranger and world beyond the safe ring of willow trees.
Devil May Cry

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-27-2017, 11:13 AM | This post was last modified: 12-27-2017, 11:14 AM by Devil May Cry
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Wolf
Female, 4.25
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
153 ep
© crow.

Realization dawned with the heat of the surface of the sun. Slammed to a halt, the thing's lungs were forcefully deflated. And its hopes. Memories of the past--why had it even tried this time, knowing what happened last?--came in torrents of anguish and anxiety. The challenge issued by the female went unheeded. There was no need. No need. The thing drooped in its entirety--head, ears, tail--and backed away. Away, away, away. Backed away into oblivion.
      Because the past dictated the future.

Devil May Cry exits unless stopped.

notes. ... yeah idk she's being weird rn. sorry for the issues >.>
words. 81
tags. Melody, Philippa

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-28-2017, 10:21 AM | This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 10:21 AM by Melody
Melody
Rogue Pup
Female, 0.50
Ectomorph
34 in in, 80lbs lbs
0 ep
© Ravenwing
Melody gave a soft nod to the wolf who spoke to her, listening to her words. Upon her question she stared blankly. How was she meant to get her name across exactly? There was just no way. She kept thinking to herself silently until she heard the wolf speak again. Upon hearing her question Melody slowly shook her head. She was glad she had figured it out though. No, she couldn't speak. She nodded when she had asked her if she could understand and hear. 'I just wish that you could hear me.' She stepped forward slowly and sat down in front of her. Her tail was neatly wrapped around her as she did.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-28-2017, 11:48 PM |
Storm ( Admin )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
294 ep
© Julie
From the corner of her eye, she kept watch on the stranger for the safety of the girl and herself. However, much to the storm woman’s surprise, the stranger retreated and disappeared as quickly as she arrived, leaving only the child and Philippa in the safety of the willows. Bare branches fell like a curtain around them and helped to keep the chilling winter winds at bay, yet they were not immune and Philippa knew they could like linger here for much longer. Unsure of how to communicate with the girl, she was at least relieved to learn that the sweet child could understand her so that communication was not barred in both directions. “That’s okay, we will figure it all out and find a solution. There is no need to worry—everything will be all right.” Philippa said reassuringly, stepping forward slowly and aiming to comfort the girl tenderly with a touch of Philippa’s muzzle to her cheek. “How about we start by getting you settled in a warm den with a nice, filling meal? What do you like to eat—rabbit, squirrel, bird, fish?” She asked next, pausing after each animal to gauge the girl’s reaction and wondering if there was a different meal she preferred. Once Melody found some rest after her journey to Doutaini, Philippa thought they might take a trip to visit the wolves of Enigma in an effort to uncover the girl’s name.
Melody

[ Reply ]