pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome they sing your name
Posted 12-25-2017, 12:00 AM |
Selene
Rogue
Female, 2.50
Ectomorph
38 in, 85 lbs
0 ep
© Stormy
her paws hum with the rhythm of a long, tedious journey; each toe it’s own symphony of pain and discontentment. her entire frame seems to quiver with discomfort, each strand of silvery-white fur tingling with the exertion. for days she has walked, a lone figure amongst a large, barren wasteland. she craves the salvation offered only by water, food and shelter; all resources she had previously taken for granted.

the irony is not wasted on her. the maiden can practically taste the bitter amusement of her situation; it hangs thick in the air, leaving every tendon taunt with exhaustion and weariness. each stride is a struggle within itself, each step an excerise in strength and determination. but she has learnt to hone each quality in the moons leading up to her great escape. so she prevails in the face of such a depleting challenge, unrelenting in her quest for salvation. until finally, finally, the lands of Doutaini emerge from the dry, barren horizon encompassing the entirety of her surroundings.

she drinks in the sight of it; a mere pit, dirty and lacking in much diversity from the landscape she currently resides in. despite its apparent lack of life, it heralds prosperity and...hope. she almost dare not think the word. she is certainly reluctant to say such a thing aloud; she dares not utter it, not yet. but she is quick to enter the desolate pit all the same, raising her head to the sinking sun as her bony frame limps into the possibility of a new life. a fresh start.

[any welcome]

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-25-2017, 07:06 AM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.25
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
502 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

“do you know where you are?” the voice asks from a rock not too far off from where the woman had entered from. his tail hangs off the side as he rolls over- not very kingly, but every bird had to rest its wings, sometimes... right? besides, laying on the rock reminded the king of old times, ones where he could just simply be. but, there is a smile that greets the girl as he hops into his normal stance of posture and sweetness. he leaves the rock, only feeling shortened even more in height with the female. he did not stand very tall. his necklace hangs from his neck, swinging ever-so slightly in the wind and his paws burn in the light snow that covers the ground.

“welcome to doutaini. i'm mars of earth.” he chuckles at the play of words and gives a nod to her, bowing his head in the process. his voice is a smooth purr of charm, just as it always had been and always will be. “are you alright, miss? i can gather some water for you if you need.” he speaks, gem shimmering in hope that kaede's magic would be needed for this adventure.

Selene

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-26-2017, 03:53 AM | This post was last modified: 12-26-2017, 03:56 AM by Selene
Selene
Rogue
Female, 2.50
Ectomorph
38 in, 85 lbs
0 ep
© Stormy
she has not travelled through the grimy pit for long before a voice sails down from above, filling her ears with friendly greetings and snatching her attention away from her filthy surroundings. she pauses at once, limbs snapping to attention in a matter of heartbeats, and traces the voice’s origin to a small male standing on an outcropping above. Selene hisses out a breath in both surprise and relief, and slowly tilts her head upward to meet the hazel gaze of her new companion. “i must say, i’m relieved. i was beginning to think that perhaps no one inhabitated Doutaini at all” she responds in the wake of the male’s opening sentence, allowing her lips to hook slightly at the corners.

”i suppose that answers your question. i’ve sought out Doutaini for many moons. i’ve heard it to be a place of salvation”. she disguises her concern well. a dry, almost bored kind of expression nips at her features, twisting them into a bland, almost dull mask. but deep within her gut, suspicion stirs. was her tireless travel to prove fruitless? was Doutaini not the prosperous haven those old hags had made it out to be? she squints slightly, casting a casual eye over the male. he seemed healthy enough. surely greater things lay beyond this wasteland? with an almost inaudible grunt, she banishes her worries.

”suppose they weren’t referring to just this pit?”. her nose wrinkles with slight displeasure; sunset eyes glide over the dust ridden plane in a dismissive sort of once-over. but a hint of humour, so small its existence was almost questionable, is present within her tone. ”my name is Selene, of no where important in particular”. hell, more like. and yet, that particular kind of introduction didn’t seem appropriate, somehow. her lips curl upward at the very thought, and proceed to tilt upward even further at the generous offer she receives. ”water would be incredibly helpful right now. my resources tell me that my supply is low”. now there is definitely a touch of humour that paints her voice. and despite the true potential of severe danger, each word is made lighter due to it.

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-26-2017, 09:46 AM |
Divine
Lunafer
Divine Alpha
Intersex, 5.75
Meso-runner
35.00 in in, 114.00 lbs lbs
355 ep
© Sylvirr
Once again, he grazes the pits as if he were a simple creature seeking simple things, when it cannot be farther from the truth. Still, he has found himself coming to the pits more and more often, and had yet to find any reason why he shouldn't. In the chill of winter, many found it hard to find food, and often, there were children to be found at the pits, whom were cold and hungry, and so he had taken to carrying a fresh meal with him whenever he made a trip to the pits. He'd scoured his Cove today to come up with a fox from Hotaru's meadow, and so someone would be particularly lucky today!

It does not surprise him to see Mars already here, and he smiles lightly as he makes his way towards him and the newcomer-- new to Doutaini, clearly, judging by the last bit of her conversation.
"Good day, Mars. And Merry Meet to you, miss." He gives a polite dip of his head, though today he seems particularly feminine. Perhaps it is the extra fur that has grown in lieu of the winter, causing his trim frame to stand out a bit more, and unfortunately, sans to those that knew him well, his gender is likely a pure mystery today. Sorry.
"If your resources think your water is low, perhaps this is so with food as well?" the fox is offered up, though there is nothing that says she must accept it.
"I am Lunafer, of the pack known as Divine. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. Mars, how have you been? My apologies for not coming to visit as often as I'd like."

"!!!"
Mars Selene

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-26-2017, 10:13 PM |
Storm ( Admin )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
294 ep
© Julie
Philippa could not say the scenery of Kuro Pit inspired another trip so soon after she found herself here last, but the task of seeing the valley brimming with life instilled hope in each of her strides. Dark stockings rode the length of her limbs to mask the mire that clung to feathered strands as she made her way through the infamous pit looking nearly as lost as those that had just arrived—her only saving grace was her status as a native born wolf here, but that could hardly save her from the ravenous wolves readied with their sales pitch in tow. A small gathering caught her attention and fortunately those gathered exhibited the appearance of respectful wolves infused with true sincerity, for the wildflower of Storm recognized the two men from times when their paths had previously crossed. Philippa had recently encountered the man of Divine here in the Pit, and the one from Earth drew on older memories that pained her as she revisited the images in her mind of a fitful Tyrus writhing on the ground. Her jaw clenched in an effort to help swallow her resolve and maintain a poised composure as she approached with a polite smile etched into the dark, oil-stained muzzle. “Greetings everyone, and many blessings to you all.” Philippa started, turning to them each with a small bow of her head from Mars to Lunafer, before finding her attention resting upon the woman. “Welcome to Doutaini, miss. My name is Philippa, from the Storm pack at Lightning Valley.” The wildflower continued upon lifting her head from its bowed state, exuding a scent of sage and lavender as she rested peach-rose eyes upon the woman with a kind smile.
Selene

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-29-2017, 04:35 AM | This post was last modified: 12-29-2017, 04:37 AM by Selene
Selene
Rogue
Female, 2.50
Ectomorph
38 in, 85 lbs
0 ep
© Stormy
a second wolf, this one white and...female, perhaps? she momentarily struggles to recognise a gender, but dismisses it. perhaps something to address in the future, should the occasion to do so ever arise. instead, she is eager to gain some knowledge about lands of Doutaini, and the arrival of another wolf presents yet another opportunity to gain answers. “greetings”. there’s a pleasant lilt to her voice; being courteous is something she hasn’t bothered with for a significant amount of time. but then, looking back on the past few moons, that wasn’t surprising. ”Selene”. a simplistic introduction. her favourite kind. she had no titles to flaunt, and flaunting anything in the face of generosity was a foolish move, anyway. and generous this wolf seems to be. she can barely contain the salvia as it builds up in her jaws; food has been scarce the past few days, and the fox nearby certainly provokes temptation.

”i could definitely use some of that, too”. the satin flesh of her lips twist into a quirk of a smile. she eyes the fox a moment longer, but does not make a move to consume it. she’d eat, but after addressing the basics of her new surroundings. there was much to learn, if this encounter in the pit was any indication.
”actually, i have a few questions, and i was hoping for some answers”. her eyes settle on the small orbs around each of her companion’s necks. her gaze is curious, slightly prodding, but mostly intrigued. she cocks her cranium a few inches to the left; a curious gesture, if nothing else. ”what are those items around your necks?”.

at the moment, a third wolf approaches. she also bears a necklace, this one a golden yellow. Selene was officially intrigued. all three colours swam at the forefront of her mind, and she gazed at each one with piqued interest. ”pleased to make your acquaintance, Miss. perhaps you too could offer some insight into these small adornments?”.

Such trash this post is. :,(
Tagging all
Mars, Lunafer Philippa

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-01-2018, 11:48 AM |
Rebel ( Staff )
Badr
Rebel Wolf
Female, 3.00
Mesomorph
33 in, 115 lbs
75 ep
© riv
The pits had become a place where Badr frequently visited it would seem, running to familiar faces more often than not. Though today she would follow in the trails of Mars. Finding that it had been some time since she had gotten to be with one of her best and most trusted friends. She spots his figure among a growing crowd, along with two other familiar faces. Making her way to Mars side, she lets her shoulder bump slightly with his as she sits herself down. Smile crawled onto her lips as she gives a nod to both Lunafer and Philippa, jokingly saying, “We have to quit running into one another like this.” Her attention turns back to the rogue female, who asks of a question. “I’m Badr, of the Gaia. These small adornments that hang around our necks are not only tribute to our gods but allow for us to each have our own individual powers that they have gifted us. Mars’ and I bear the ones of Kaede, Miss Philippa bears that of Haya, and Lunafer the one of Hotaru.” She prides herself on having gotten to pick up the names of the pack gods. Trying her best to learn about what each group had to offer as she seemed to be making acquittances from each. Or at least a majority of the packs who had showed when she was out roaming. “It’s a variety of capabilities that are shared through the pack, though the gifts we have receives aren’t without risk. They take a toll on the body when used too extensively or at a higher level than we are truly capable of.”

Mars Lunafer Philippa Selene

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-01-2018, 12:00 PM |
Divine
Lunafer
Divine Alpha
Intersex, 5.75
Meso-runner
35.00 in in, 114.00 lbs lbs
355 ep
© Sylvirr
As he opens his mouth to speak, Deus Ex Badr. She explains, with a smile added, and he returns the expression accompanied by a light chuckle that seems to be little more than a brief expulsion of hair from his chest before he elaborates,"Each pack corresponds to a god or goddess, sans Rebel, whom has none, and also, do not have a gem. I am well versed only the capabilities of my own pack, Divine. We are the pack of Light. Hotaru's gift allows us to wield Light to our advantage. It is possible for us to heal internal injuries, even soothe mental distress, and eradicate diseases." He would leave out the while 'chopping people apart with giant light blades' as that still seemed to be a fresh wound for some people, despite them not being present.
"I am sure that Mars and Badr can inform you more on Kaede and their powers. I am familiar with Earth and Kaede, though nowhere near as well-versed." How strange it is-- of all the gods and goddesses in Doutaini, it is Kaede that spoke to him first, and Hotaru after. Still, having spoken to the gods at all was honor enough, and he holds the memory of their approval close to his chest.
"And my apologies, I know little to nothing about Storm. Perhaps this is something that can be remedied later on, Miss Philippa?" He knew not of her ranking, but it wouldn't hurt to send a deployment to go and greet Storm. "But my manners seem to have eluded me. Please, go ahead and eat, I am certain none of us will begrudge you the opportunity."

"!!!"
Mars Selene Philippa Badr

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-04-2018, 12:10 AM |
Storm ( Admin )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
294 ep
© Julie
Intrigued by the curiosities of Doutaini, the woman seemed to immediately notice the presence of their necklaces. Philippa had a smile pressed to her lips as she went to explain, but a new arrival to their gathering silenced her before she had a chance. The wildflower recognized the woman of Earth and allowed her oil-slicked muzzle to lower graciously in greeting, her attention poised respectively upon Badr’s words. There was a level of intrigue from herself towards the mention of Kaede and Earth that was rooted in Philippa’s tendencies as a healer. Had life not steered her to Storm, she would have gladly found herself lost within Kaede’s jungle upon departing from her native pack and the corner of the valley she made her den was the remnants of the bear-god’s touch. Focusing next on Lunafer as he offered information about his pack, and she is also drawn by the properties of Hotaru’s powers to heal the sick.

Philippa welcomed the invitation for Selene to eat as a distraction, hesitating as her chest fluttered with an uncertainty about what she could offer to explain the wonders of her pack. “If I am honest with you, my experience with Haya and her Storm pack is limited. I have only recently transferred after a tumultuous turn of life events, and I have not had a great deal of time to experiment with her powers. From what I have managed, I know that there is the capacity to control the lights and sounds of the heavens. But beyond that, I’m afraid my knowledge is insufficient.” Philippa decided on the truth in the end, knowing that the promise of intriguing powers was inviting, but that the comforts of a home could be equally as tempting to a wolf looking to find their way. “Though what I lack in terms of Haya’s powers, I have learned firsthand on her graces of hospitality. I showed up to her borders, heavily pregnant, and I was graciously welcomed into her home. I was offered food and shelter, a place to call my own—but most importantly, I was offered peace of mind. It was there in Lightning Valley that I found a sense of sanctuary in which I could confidently rear my children.” The wildflower admitted, pacified by the enduring strength she drew from the goddess of Storm. She drew a breath and paused for a moment, reflecting on everything twist in the path that led to this moment. But more than anything, the kindness she had been received with had made her an instant advocate for the tempestuous deity. "Should you choose to pursue Haya, it can be your sanctuary too." Whatever storms brewed on the horizons of life, Haya would be there to command them at her will, molding each day with purpose through strength and love.
Selene

[ Reply ]