pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome Abandoned.
Posted 12-21-2017, 11:38 PM | This post was last modified: 12-23-2017, 03:43 PM by Alani
Earth
Alani
Earth Pup
Female, 0.25
Meso-runner
9 in, 7.5 lbs
0 ep
© Theri
Sweat drips down a woman's forehead. Her long and slender legs are giving out, and by the moment she becomes weaker and hungrier. Bones jut out of her skin, and yet the lump of long fur that dangles between her jaws in fat and healthy. Her breath comes out ragged and uneven. She collapses. She lays down for a moment, dropping the child to the ground. The pup whines, licking her mother gingerly.

"Hush!" The child is silenced. "Little one, I'm ok." She stand up on shaky legs, turning to give the child a swift lick to the face. The whole time she doesn't make eye contact with the girl. She begins to back up, faster and faster. "I will be back. I'm going to... Hunt. For the both of us. I'll come back with a nice, juicy, plump rabbit. I'll be back. I'll be back. I'll come back. I'll come back." She kept repeating the same sentence until she was out of sight. The girl could no longer see her mother, but she knew she would come back. She knew it for a fact. She had said she would come back. So why wouldn't she?

The girl sat there for days. Her stomach roared and her lips were cracked with dehydration. She had made a path in the sand from pacing, and in the mean time, had made a shallow hole to sleep in. It blocked out most of the wind, but it couldn't block the cold. The girl had begun to shrink in weight. Her long hair was matted with burrs and sand. Her paw pads had blisters on them from the hot sand, and yet somehow, she still looked as beautiful as the beginning.

The girl sat up. Her honey-brown eyes scanned the desert for her mother. She said she'd come back. She promised. She promised. She promised.

The child opened her jaws, letting out a high-pitched call for her mother. She wanted her. She needed her. She wanted her warm fur and her sweet smell. She wanted her gentle voice and her amazing stories. Even if she did ignore her a lot and act like she was some kind of... Disappointment it didn't matter. She wanted her momma. She wanted anybody. She wanted somebody.

speak think

I will reply on the 26th. If no one else has challenged Theo by then she will be claimed.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-21-2017, 11:48 PM |
Wind
Theodosia
Wind Alpha
Female, 2.50
Endomorph
36" in, 132 lbs
204 ep
© Violetta
the cries. they were so high-pitched and desperate. they reminded her of arkady and margeaux. the gamma had quickly propelled herself across the muddy earth, powerful legs shoving off the slippery land. but what she found?

this was odd, a very odd day to find a newborn. how? where was the mother? a cool breath was released, letting the rogue fragrances wash over her silently."child." Theodosia uttered, soothing, calm. Her ears flickered back quietly, oceanic eyes washing over the child's small frame. there was nobody here, nobody to contest her claim, and nobody here as a guardian. mine! "i'll take care of you. you're mine. what's your name little one?" she rumbled, her claim staked into the dirty earth. theodosia didn't plan on giving the newborn a choice, what would they be able to do? how could they make their own choices? "earth is your home. come with me now."

Theodosia is claiming child

Child

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-22-2017, 12:45 AM |
Mizuchi
Rogue Wolf
Female, 1.75
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
25 ep
© Aubers
”I’ll guard you momthea.” The words slipped from the quiet of the still world as the buttercreme lass arrived. Periwinkle eyes were serious; deadly even as she lowered her head in a semblance of a nod before taking up a guarding position. Her limbs were braced in the filth of the pit; her tail a streak of dominance tall and proud behind her. The new babe needed safety and milk; two things Theo could provide. She had placed her claim and that made the pup family and any who tried to interfere would feel the wrath of Kurai’s daughter. She kept all of her senses on high alert as she moved. Positioning herself so that the way back to the gaia was open for Theo to take the pup while she planned on blocking and interceding any who might try to stop them. Big Sis-uchi was here ready to unleash upon anyone else that may object.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-24-2017, 01:06 PM |
Rebel ( Staff )
Badr
Rebel Wolf
Female, 3.00
Mesomorph
33 in, 115 lbs
75 ep
© riv
she hears the cries, she hears the silencing of the very cries before they return. ears pinning back against her head as she grows a sense of confusion, anxiousness and the desire to investigate. feeling the leading scent of another earth wolf; though she doesn’t know it personally. she knows it to be a friend, following behind it. the lady cloaked in white, sprayed with blood, finds herself sinking in the muddy earth. the mud hanging onto the slight feathering around her ankles. seeing another wolf present, younger than badr however she can’t make the connection. eyes shifting to the newborn pup. no need to guard, we can slip away easily back home. tail curling around as she watched theodosia. it looks like she needs a name. perhaps i can help you with that. a slight purr in her tongue as she looks back to the gaia. looking at the other wolf who had planned to block any interference, will you be coming along with us? offering a tilt of her head and a slight smile before eyes shift back to the pup. humming a slight soft tune to keep the babe silent.

Child Theodosia Mizuchi

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-28-2017, 01:04 AM | This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 01:04 AM by Riv
Riv
N/A, 16.75
----
Human in, Human lbs
0 ep
© riv
STAFF NOTE: This thread is on hold, bringing this up to discuss with staff members.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-28-2017, 09:30 AM |
Riv
N/A, 16.75
----
Human in, Human lbs
0 ep
© riv
STAFF NOTE: This thread may now continue, Theodosia’s attempt to claim is still valid, but no claim will be final until those involved successfully exit.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-28-2017, 09:42 AM |
Storm ( Admin )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
294 ep
© Julie
Finding a sense of familiarity about Kuro Pit, Philippa slipped away from Lightning Valley and found cathartic relief in welcome newcomers as they entered Doutaini. Today started out just as any other day had, with her attention shifting among the sea of overlapping faces. The wildflower of Storm stood along the perimeter watching as they swam by, until a sudden and piercing cry of distress echoed throughout the hallowed crater. It was the cry of a child, and before she could process everything, Philippa was swiftly moving through the pit towards the source of the cries. “She will need the hand of a mother and your undivided attention,” Philippa mentioned briefly as she neared the three women and the abandoned child, peering closely at the girl as her voice reached out in a gentle coo. Yet upon first glance, the Izaak woman was overcome by emotion and the undeniable attraction that whispered to her essence as a mother—it rivaled the notion of when she first gazed upon her three children, newly born and vulnerable to this chaotic world. At that moment, Philippa knew she could not simply offer her advice and part ways with the four of them; the child had already stolen a piece of her heart, and in return, Philippa meant to contest the established claim. “My own children are grown enough and can help make sure she is well-loved and safe, but my milk is not yet dry and I have trained diligently as a healer.” Philippa explained, her heart flooded by the emotional toll of seeing a child so young abandoned without a second care; it was heart-wrenching and a troublesome epidemic that had cursed Doutaini with misfortune. Luckily, the woman of Storm had seen to extend her milk production with the aid of goat’s rue these past few weeks despite her three children weaning over to some meat, using her milk as a nutritional supplement to see them through winter. But it was an accessory meal for them and they would not miss it, especially when they discovered the benefits it would provide for the girl—namely, a chance at life. She would not have to compete with other pups for the milk under Philippa’s care, and given the hardships she had already faced, the child needed that advantage to utilize her best chance for survival.
Child

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-28-2017, 02:12 PM | This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 10:05 PM by Alani
Earth
Alani
Earth Pup
Female, 0.25
Meso-runner
9 in, 7.5 lbs
0 ep
© Theri
The child's eyes widen as she is sorrounded by a group of women. She is picked up, but wiggles her body to escape the huge jaws. Tiny lips peel back to reveal milk teeth that were much to sharp for her little frame. But she quickly stops when she smells it. The child opens her small jaws, begging for milk. Her small legs pushed her to the one who smelled of that sweet liquid. Before she could even look at the woman her small head was buried in her stomach, suckling like no other from her teats.

She stayed that way for a long time. A very, very long time. She had never tasted anything better. It had a different taste than her mothers. Wait. Her mother! "Momma! My momma coming. Why you try to take me away from momma?" The girl asked in broken sentences. She hadn't learned a lot of words, and most of the words she did know weren't very nice. But that would change.

The girl looked up at the tan mother. She was the one who had fed her. She was the one who had saved her. "Thank you. But momma coming. All you can go. Why you here any way?" Her head was full of questions. Many, many questions. Why did the strangers have on necklaces, and why did three of them smell the same? Where was the milk mother's pups, and why did she feel something warm with milk mother? The pup began whining. The high pitched noises were noises of stress.

She was scared. She was so scared. All she wanted to do was lay with milk mother until her momma came. The child wanted her momma. She called out again. She wanted her! She wanted the warmth of her mother. She wanted the sweet smell of milk. She wanted her mother's stern voice. She wanted her!

speak think
Badr & @[Phillipa]

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-06-2018, 03:31 PM |
Mizuchi
Rogue Wolf
Female, 1.75
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
25 ep
© Aubers
No need to guard. Periwinkle eyes eyeballed up the earth woman that arrived but the sound of another approaching brought a quirk to her mouth. "There's always a need in the pits." So saying; she turned and faced the incoming Philippa; moving so that she'd be standing between her and Theo and the child. There were words of course and as the child started making stress noises her ears winced back. "I can wait here for your momma but I bet you a rabbit she's not going to come back." They never do... not in these lands. Her words were matter of fact; honest and probably blunter than they needed to be. Yet there was no point in lying to the babe. There was Theo; whom the pup had already nursed from and then there was the storm lady who claimed to have pups. Now what. With her head lowered and her limbs braced in the filth of the pit she narrowed her eyes and looked between the two. "If Theo's keeping her that makes her my sister." There was a protective grumble to her words as she considered. Was Theo going to keep her? If not she was acting the fool for no reason.

Badr

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-06-2018, 10:43 PM |
Rebel ( Staff )
Badr
Rebel Wolf
Female, 3.00
Mesomorph
33 in, 115 lbs
75 ep
© riv

She would feel the younger wolves eyes on her, which was slightly unsettling. A frown on her lips for a moment until Philippa makes an appearance. Offering a smile to the storm lady, having crossed paths with her more than a few times. Eyes falling to the pup who spoke out. Oh sweet thing. Your mother would want you to be somewhere safe and warm, with an abundance of food. In good care if she’s coming back. She can find us if need be. Watching the pup some more as she noticed the look washing over her face. We heard your cries, it’s an instinct to find the making of them. A motherly instinct. Badr frowning slightly as she knew she was the only one who was incapable currently of feeding and providing for the child till it was old enough to eat solids. Head twisting to the younger wolf. Theodosia won’t be keeping her, Kaede will be watching over the child. Simply bestowing us as guardians. She’s quite the busy lady too, considering her other children. I’d be able to give that of my undivided attention. Eyes flicking to Theodosia again, she was Badr’s counterpart though something seemed off, she couldn’t place it. Stepping back as she would move around to Theodosia, nodding to her slightly as she would let her head lift up to Philippa. Perhaps you could be of some help? Be her milk mother while she’s raised in Kaede’s sanctuary? I know it’s a bit unconventional — but I could bring her along to the valley. She can see that of Haya’s lands at the same time. Blinking for a moment before lips move to move closer to the pup, Let’s go find you a place to stay while we search for your mother, shall we? Pulling herself up as she looks back to the others, leaving it up to them on rather they would follow them back to the Gaia.

Philippa Child Mizuchi
used a steal pass to claim child for earth and badr!

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-07-2018, 12:38 PM | This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 12:38 PM by Alani
Earth
Alani
Earth Pup
Female, 0.25
Meso-runner
9 in, 7.5 lbs
0 ep
© Theri
( smol notice. Alani had actually suckled from Philippa, not Theo. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that! Mizuchi )

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-07-2018, 05:05 PM |
Mizuchi
Rogue Wolf
Female, 1.75
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
25 ep
© Aubers
(Ya'll can just say Mizuchi left the thread after what Badr said.)

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-09-2018, 11:07 PM |
Storm ( Admin )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
294 ep
© Julie
The girl found a way to her side, drawn by the temptation of milk from her famished stomach. Philippa comforted her and invited her forth, laying down so the child could nurse and rosé eyes pinned to her lovingly as though the others had faded away and it was just the pair of them left. But the girl cried out for her mother, striking a deep chord with Philippa that resonated throughout her heart to unseat the suppressed pain she had kept hidden away. The wildflower knew that feeling all too well from when she was a child—her mother had left her too, abandoned in the care of her father in a tenuous affair. Philippa had held on to hope that her mother would return, and for a few short weeks, she had, only to be carried off by the wind once more. She grew up in a tumultuous way, torn between the love in her heart and anger at the unknown—had she done something that drove her mother away? Why had she not been good enough for her mother to stay with her?

They were questions that haunted her throughout life, and even now, she does not truly have an answer. Philippa wished that the same would not be true for this child, and with a tender kiss aimed for the nursing child’s head, the woman of Storm seeks to ease the impending pain. “We are here to make sure you are safe so that when your mother returns, you will be well enough to go with her.” She offered in a soothing tone, before instincts took hold and Philippa moved to clean the girl with her tongue in order to help stimulate digestion. “What does your mother look like? I can help you find her, if you would like.” She asked between the movements, the feathery tail of the wildflower wrapping around the girl for warmth. As she stared up the child, she was filled with joy, but the raucous back and forth among the woman made her tense and drew her away from the serenity.

Philippa listened, however, to the proposal from the pale woman of Earth before shaking her head. “The journey between our homes would exhaust her and would elapse too much time between feedings. What she consumed would be depleted too quickly to give her a chance to survive. My children are newly weaned and as independent as they might like to believe, I can’t just sleep half a world away from them. I cannot stay in Earth—the girl must live with me in the Valley until her mother returns if she is to continue nursing.” She replied boldly, a low growl rumbling in the back of her throat when Badr moved closer to the pup at Philippa’s abdomen. “We can debate all we like, but should she not be given the choice to decide for herself?” She replied, an advocate to the desires of the child in a time when she had little choice in anything else—were they all so desperate to claim a child for their pack that they would disregard what was best for her?
Alani

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-10-2018, 10:06 PM | This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 10:07 PM by Alani
Earth
Alani
Earth Pup
Female, 0.25
Meso-runner
9 in, 7.5 lbs
0 ep
© Theri
"I can wait here for your momma but I bet you a rabbit she's not going to come back." Rage boiled in the small body. Her pityful crys no longer lingered in the air, but instead, the sound of small thunder. The noise lingered in her throat, and though she was tiny, she tried to make the sound as loud as she could. Her fur lit up as though being electrocuted, making her look bigger than her small size, and charcoal lips lifted once more. "She'll come back! She said she would. She loves me..?" The questioning in her voice was too hard to hide. Her mother loved her, right?

Then why don't you have a name? Her subconciousness sneered, jabbing it's long claws straight into her heart. Because... Because she couldn't think of one! Her childish mind sneered back. Fool. She didn't want to be attatched to you.

No? No! My mother loved me! She said she would come back. The child snarled at a invisible being. But after realizing what she looked like right now, she calmed herself. Sweet, nice, pretty thoughts. The women said they would make me strong to see momma! So I'll stay with them. And then I'l find momma; yes, this will work. Just the thought of her bounding up to her mother on strong legs made her tingle.

"What does your mother look like?" "She's the color of mud and light and the night sky. Erm..." What were those things her mother had taught her? Colors! Yes, that was it. "Brown. Black. Whate? I mean white! She look like me." The pup shook her coat. Speak better! You can talk perfectly normal in your head. So try to talk like how you talk in your head!

"Theodosia won't be keeping her, Kaede will be watching over the child." "Who is Kaede? He sounds big and tough. Oh, and, why do you all have on... Necklaces?" The girl had almost forgotten about that part.

But her words were hushed as she felt tension build in the air. Were they fighting about where she would stay? She quited, retreating back to the warm curve of Phillipa. Her tail enveloped her in a heat blanket, protecting her from any winds or cold nips of air that threaten the small frame. “We can debate all we like, but should she not be given the choice to decide for herself?”

"I..." Speak (in full sentences)! "I want to stay with momm- I mean, her." She says, pointing a small paw at the woman who cradled her amongst her body. But the girl almost instantly regretted it. She knew that she wouldn't end up being with her; the static in the air told who was to be victorious. But she wanted to stay with the rain-flower smelling woman! But who would nurse her back to health and watch her as she waited for her mother (who she knew in the deepest, darkest part of her brain wasn't coming back) was undecided still.

speak think
Badr & Philippa

[ Reply ]