pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © Kennaleecat
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
let judgement come swift
Posted 12-08-2017, 10:01 PM |
Water
Niyole
Water Wolf
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
185 ep
© Elle
She is judgement in plated armor, golden and glorious against the dying light of the sun as it sets the sky on fire. Above, the moon is a crescent bright within the navy-purple sky with hundreds of stars suspended in the inky canvas, while the sun kisses the horizon and gives a bright fiery magenta hue against the atmosphere with yellow-peaches that fade up into darkness. With a twist she sets her back against the dying light, her limbs spreading equally apart while her weights places itself evenly across the limbs, her paws splaying against the rock and her nails bite against the grit and through the thin layer of powder that covers the rock. The arena is sparse with only a crumble of rocks to her left, while her right side remains open just as the back and front of her. While she is not stupid, her tail flags high above her in dominance as her head rocks back to issue the trumpet that calls forth her opponent. When the call fades into the growing darkness her head lowers between her shoulder blades, low enough to cover the vitals at her throat, her eyes wide and bright yet as she awaits the beginnings of her folly. Let the gods judge her for this display. She stands, a golden knight, with the cold of winter brushing her fur forward from a western wind that gusts through. A reminder of Haruko, and she wonders if the god has not yet abandoned her. Her ears press against her skull against the gusts. Winter had settled into the heart of Doutaini. Give me strength, Jiro, to smite my opponent and expose him for the fool he is. For how dare a man spit in her face without first knowledge of her motives.

Niyole vs. Kearnal
for dominance
elements are ??
in good health
endomorph, 32 inches, 122 lbs
185 ep, 1 w, 0 d, 0 l, 1 spar unknown

*the Water meeting has not continued but Niyole was joining in that thread. Without making assumptions I'd prefer no elements but if Aubers wants elements I can get confirmation that Niyole would be in Water at this time.

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-08-2017, 10:06 PM |
Elle
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
ooc: crud, forgot time limit/moves but you can decide on that aubers!

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-09-2017, 12:46 AM |
Ice
Kearnal
Ice Alpha
Male, 8.00
Endomorph
36 in, 136 lbs
195 ep
© Aubers

He'd been expecting some sort of challenge; though from who and why had been a mystery. Then the who was solved; but not the why. Winter had its grip upon the lands; the cold a familiar comfort to him as he stretched and used the walk to the ruins to limber and warm up his muscles. "I'm not quite sure what I did ta piss ya off. I told ya Anax was gone and offered to do business with you." Sure; he'd told her if she didn't want to do business with him then she could get off the Ice lands; but that seemed fairly obvious. If she wasn't going to join she could leave. Not like there was anything unusual about that. "You came to the meeting all defensive and looking ready to fight; acting like an alpha - naturally an approach like that is gonna put our guard up." As he spoke he moved into the ruins and comes to a stop facing Niyoles right side at an angle. The western wind gusts kicked up swirls of the snow dust and despite the setting sun and growing darkness Kearnals ice hued eyes narrowed. His ears pinned back and his stance widened and balanced; lowering just a bit in preparation of the motions that were sure to come. His jaws parted and lips curled back as his head lowered and his hackles flared to life. His own tail was held steady behind him; raised at about a forty degree angle from his hips but ready to whip down and protect his male bits if she felt like targeting them. Hopefully at the angle he chose to approach her and with the thickness of his fur she wouldn't see the faint swelling of his back left stifle. Getting old sucked balls. "If takin my pound of aged flesh will make you feel better, fine." Otherwise she could give him a tongue lashing or whatever. It wasn't like he wasn't used to being beat on. He was ready for either.

Niyole vs. Kearnal
for dominance
Move: 0 - 3
Time Limit: 5 Days
elements are off
in fair health
endomorph: 36 inches 136 lbs
195 ep, 3 wins (1 by default) 1 loss

OOC: I figure to keep this moving 3 moves; 5 days (due to my work schedule I can't do much faster than that) -bounces- I'm lookin forward to this :D

This forest of emotions closes in; leaving a 'one way only' path.
I know what is down that dark trail; but there is no turning back.
One, Two, more souls drift away; only one will fill this hole. Wrath.
Pieces of me lost and broken drift away; my ribs an empty rack.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-10-2017, 10:07 AM |
Enigma ( Admin )
Lyra
Enigma Wolf
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
30 in, 105 lbs
259 ep
© Ly
she has not revisited the ruins since the day she left. the red dust that rises to meet her unhurried gait seems to bid her welcome; the soil itself rising to twine her limbs and beg its usual offering. but she's not the one calling for blood today.

she knows the origin of the strange song immediately. it raises her hackles, fills her veins with torrid adrenaline; for a fleeting moment she fights the instinct to turn away. to cloak herself in shadow and retreat. and her recognition of that despised emotion--fear--ignites something else; some destructive force within her, untamed by logic and experience. a desire for confrontation.

it's the hellfire in niyole's eyes that she first notes in the arena. it draws a cold smirk to lyra's lips, devoid of humor, and she thinks: vengeance suits her. she knows her sister's righteous fury well--had seen it turned on delgata, and on the rebels. a hot-blooded wrath so foreign to her own icy temper. she's half-tempted to call the woman's attention and shift the object of niyole's bloodlust to herself, to antagonize her, test the limits of her anger: it's not control that stills her tongue but the contemporaneous arrival of kearnal. she does not know what grievance niyole could possibly have with the ice king, nor does she care--he exists outside of her universe entirely. and still she anticipates his humiliation.

she pauses close to the battle, idling by the sidelines without assuming a seat. close enough to feel the heat of the fight secondhand, an addict's desperate grasp. her lithe frame is poised to menace, head held low over squared shoulders and a small, malevolent smile playing on her parted lips; if niyole did not take her pound of flesh today, lyra would ensure its prompt delivery.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-10-2017, 02:41 PM |
Water ( Staff )
Clarke
Water Wolf
Female, 1.25
Meso-fighter
33 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© riv
Her independence was often getting the best of her as she was growing up. Traveling across Doutaini with her mother had sparked an interest in her to do it herself, though she had yet to decide where and when she would part to do things on her own. Her mothers call prompted the girl to draw closer, still mildly upset about being left behind before. Though she was pushing it past her, as she pranced her way along to see what her mother had been doing. The journey was new and different for her, finding her own way to the ruins.

Soft eyes bouncing over the ruins of this place, finding an intrigue. As she moves closer, she spots a group of familiars. Her mother, The Ice King, and the ‘beast’ she had come across while out on her own. She watches idly, shifting between the position of the beast to her mother and the ice man’s stance. Letting out a slight breath before moving closer, off to the side of the white wolf. There’s a smile on her face, she enjoyed watching her mother do anything, finding joy in getting the chance to learn. And - with it being the ice man, she felt even more overjoyed. Waiting to see what he was to get.

Did you know her well? Before you left? Still focusing forward as she tries to make conversation.
Niyole Lyra

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-12-2017, 12:53 AM |
Squirrel
Rogue
Male, 4.25
Meso-runner
35in in, 100 lbs
0 ep
© Xechi

Crawling out of self-imposed insanity had been difficult, but Squirrel Vighente had managed it. Mostly. At this point, he was beginning to doubt that the hallucinations would ever stop, and, as he handled most things, he merely accepted it. Soon enough, he would drag his still-emaciated frame towards the jungle, in search of whatever healing the wolves of Earth had to offer, but for now, he is rogue. Leaving the Caverns had been a pain in it's own right, for even the moonlight had burned his storm-wrought eyes. The air was to crisp, too fresh, and it dried out his muzzle until it bled with ever twitch. Most of the land was covered in a blanket of snow, the Pass included, and this, too, was the brute's motive for wandering towards the Gaia; shelter.

He is, ironically, not far from Niyole when her challenge sounds across the snow-drifted arena, and so tuned to her voice is he, that paws move without command. Squirrel knows it foolish, and a wiser man would have turned tail and ignored her; given her the space she deserved. But Squirrel was no wise man, and, he could not help but wonder; why? Atop of that, though he dare not even wish it, perhaps Clarke would be present. ('Fool', he whispers to himself, his voice mad as the night Niyole found him, 'you have no right to even look upon her.') Oh, but he wanted to! Since grasping his sanity, it is Clarke who remained at the forefront of his mind. His daughter, his blood; perhaps the only left in the realm. If the gods refused to take his life, perhaps there was a chance, however small, that he could salvage what there was left.

But it was always this vicious cycle with Squirrel. Constantly crawling out of the mud and muck, only to slip back in and rolling in it.

On arrival, the silvered brute lurks on the sidelines, his shoulders hunched and head lowered as he surveyed the scene. He saw Clarke almost immediately, sitting and conversing next to a wolf he remembered from Wind; though who now wore the violet gem. He gulps, hackles flared as a shiver of nervousness runs down his spine, but he doesn't linger on her. (His thoughts do, however, 'She looks like me. Save for the eyes, the eyes are all Niyole.') His attention turns, then, to Kearnal and Niyole; and only then does he move towards the small grouping, if only to catch their attention for a brief second. He'd not heard Kearnal's words, and saw only a man willing to hurt what he loved, and he cannot control the words the tumbled from his lips with aggression, "Fight fair, Ice Man, because if you don't,
neither will I."
The brute remains standing, a couple leaps away from where Clarke and Lyra now stood, and he dares not glance her way- not with the sudden pounding in his chest.

Another gulp, this one stuck in his throat and he almost gagged on the nervousness left there. He turns towards them, tail held firmly between his legs as he approached. She would not know him, not his face, not his scent, and even now he barely looks like the wolf he could be; emaciated and pale, nose dried and bloody. Still. He approaches, and with an awkward cough, aims to catch her gaze- he would say nothing else, save, "Clarke." His voice was haggard and unused, but in it there was a swell of pride. His daughter. The brute would grin, an honest smile despite the tension he'd put in the air, and returned his attention to the battle.

"Fiends on the floor, scratching again."

Squirrel is spectating

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-12-2017, 01:08 PM |
Water
Niyole
Water Wolf
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
185 ep
© Elle
Her sunset peach eyes are daggers when he arrives and she scoffs at what he has to say. He must be dense, too. For a minute her lips curl in a cruel smile. "Clearly, you don't know who I am," for once her voice is rough spun, anger quavering within the midst of the dulcet tones, "and so your lack of respect is ill placed." She might have given up the crown but that was her choice, and Tyrus might have disbanded the pack, but she was still the ghost of a queen. Radiant and strong as her broad body told tales of strength over speed. Age had made her fierce; life experience had caused her to sour. "Stand as a wolf or prove you're a coward." Her shoulders glided in a roll, shaming the man for his last statement. Old or young, it mattered not. They were wolves and they would fight. She would not take his crown, damn the ice crown, but she would show him that his throne was brittle.

The dimming light left deep shadows across their arena ground and she was only just aware that her family and friends began to gather around them. Where was Kearnal's? For a fleeting second she pities the man as she gauges the distance between them and the angle.

With a snarl her jaws slack and she pushes off her back legs, splayed paws grinding against the rock beneath the wet snow. Her paces were measured, each paw splaying heavily against the earth to avoid slipping against the rock as she moves to approach Kearnal's right side in as tight of an arc as she could manage. They were fairly evenly matched body-type wise but she was still somewhat lighter and shorter than the Ice alpha and she tried to take these things into account as her eyes narrowed and her ears tucked neatly against her wide sandy skull. There was a fleeting moment, as she dove forward once the gap had been closed, that she hopes she's not making the wrong move. Her head is low as her chin tilts, enough, she hopes, to cover her throat.

At the last moment she dives forward, slacked jaws wide as he head turns and he body swings to the right, her paws skidding across the rock and she hopes the momentum might help knock Kearnal off balance. Her tail adjusts like a sail, but as she dives it moves to tuck between her legs and cover the soft undersides and she is close beside Kearnal, a four inch gap between their bodies says as much. Her hackles are flared across her back and her rump is maybe the nearest to Kearnal lest he's moved with her. Yet it is her jaws that seek to close around the Gastrocnemius muscle just above the hock on Kearnal's right rear-leg. Her muzzle is scrunched, causing some difficulty in breathing, but her tongue is pressed tightly against the inside of her mouth and her lips are raised to allow her teeth to sink as deep as they can. She's not in it to maim the fool, so she will not exert all the strength of crushing teeth to severely fracture the leg - if she gets a hold of it - but there will be enough pressure to cause perhaps a minor break if she was able to find her target.

Niyole vs. Kearnal
for dominance
1/3 moves with 2/5 days to respond
elements are ??
in good health
endomorph, 32 inches, 122 lbs
185 ep, 1 w, 0 d, 0 l, 1 spar unknown

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-12-2017, 02:35 PM |
Ice
Josephina
Ice Sub-Alpha
Female, 7.25
Endomorph
33 in in, 115 lbs
65 ep
© Anna
» ✧ «

As soon as she heard the call, Josephina began running, cursing herself for being so far up in the mountains. By the time she arrived to the Ruins, it could already be over. It was this thought that drove her body forward despite her protesting limbs. She had known something like this would happen, but this still seemed to soon. Protect him, Kiyoshi, she silently prayed.

When she finally arrived, her eyes took in the already fighting figures of her beloved and the she-wolf from before. Around them stood wolves that all looked at Kearnal with a hunger in their eyes that frightened Josephina to her very core. She knew that Kearnal would not go down without a fight. What she didn't know was how far he would be willing to go. Memories of his almost lifeless body in the Serene Fields flashed before her and ignited an even stronger horror within her. She would not call to him in fear of distracting him. Instead, she stood still, watching him with intent eyes, willing her strength to mingle with his in this fight. She only hoped that her daughter would stay away from this. Josephina didn't want her to see this.
josephina
Josephina is spectating.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-12-2017, 02:43 PM |
Ice
Lillian
Ice Healer
Female, 2.25
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
0 ep
© Anna
Despite her mother's best wishes, Lillian had heard the call, and she had no intention of staying seated in the Gelid while she knew her father was in danger. The only thing that kept her a moment behind her mother was the moment of hesitation she had before her departure. She had frantically looked around at her supply of herbs in an attempt to decide what to bring in case of emergency. However, panic and worry clouded her usually calm mind. It had taken her a moment to calm down, but when she had a moment to think she was able to quickly grab essential herbs and supplies she thought she would need. Quickly stuffing them into her pouch, she then ran from her den, only a little ways behind her mother.

Lillian followed her mother's scent as they traveled down from the North towards the Ruins, a place she hadn't been to yet. But exploring could come later because all that entered Lillian's mind upon her arrival was her sheer terror. Even a blind wolf would be able to see the tension and blood thirst that hung in the air from some of the surrounding wolves.

In an attempt to hide from her mother, who she knew would send Lillian straight home as soon as she saw her, the healer stood farther back. She could still see the clearing where the spar was taking place, but she wouldn't be as apparent to the spectators. This did not stop her from standing alert, ready to charge forward if her father needed any sort of medical attention.

"Give me space and I will grow. Hold me down and I will fight."

Lillian is spectating a bit further back.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-13-2017, 10:59 PM |
Ice ( Admin )
Icarus
Ice Beta
Male, 3.00
Meso-fighter
35 in, 117 lbs
77 ep
© ev
[Image: tumblr_oi1cdg7cPW1vm3q61o1_500.gif]

and so, he shows. speak of the devil, icarus is here. the man slithers in like a snake, there was no doubt that this was going to happen. he heard the call, so here he is. it was a call for the alpha, sure, but would he leave his alpha to fight alone? no. he would provide his attendance from the sidelines. his eyes follow over who is already here, without a sentence, he sits, he waits, he watches. he sits beside the daughter of the alpha, without offering a sarcastic comment, only a sweet one. your father is a good man, he will win this if he believes so. he has it in him. look at that, icarus is growing up. the young man straightens up before he focuses on watching.

icarus is spectating.

rated M for M A T U R E.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-17-2017, 12:50 PM |
Ice
Kearnal
Ice Alpha
Male, 8.00
Endomorph
36 in, 136 lbs
195 ep
© Aubers
He was not alone. For a moment he had felt surrounded; out gunned and out numbered despite knowing the ruins would prevent interference. Clearly he didn't know who she was. The slightly sarcastic Well Duh was bit back; the words eliminated before they could be uttered and make things worse. "As wolves then, no elements." He nodded just slightly; clearly ready for the fight to commence. No comment was given to the 'fight fair' wolf; his insult didn't even deserve an answer. As she moved he could smell them; the breeze bringing him Jo and Lil's scents. Icarus's too. It was enough to focus what scattered thoughts he'd been having; to bring his full attention upon the incoming attack. Niyole was swift but he did not wait for her to bring the fight to him. No. He moved; muscles bunching and shifting to close the distance and the angle so that their connection would arrive earlier than if Niyole had moved on her own.

He was aware of their size difference and took a care to keep his center of balance lowered to help prevent her from using her shortness to get at the more vulnerable spots. The last wolf he had fought shorter than he had taken his eyes but he had learned from the experience. He had intended on ramming his shoulder edge into her cheekbone once they were within distance but she was a tad too fast (or he a tad too slow with his older self) and instead his Scapula aimed at crashing into the 'spine' of her right scapula in a powerful lunge that hoped to slow her down and possibly even knock her off balance. Her fangs fell short of their target thanks to his movements and instead they gouged across his right Pectoralis Transversus in a movement and collision that made him take one stumbling step to his left before he steadied and re-braced himself. By now they should be right shoulder to right shoulder and his own head stayed lowered with his ears pinned back. Frost eyes were narrowed as his tucked chin attempted to bring his jaws to slash and bite down upon her lower Abdominal Oblique muscles in a (vertical) mid to lower motion that if it connected would go against the grain of the muscle. His tail had curled under by this point; protecting his man bits as Niyole had been quicker than he'd have liked and gotten somewhat past his front half with her first attack. His wound bled an average amount; the pain of it radiating from the wound to the nerves that ran along that area in an aching throb. As if to say 'hey, I'm here'. As if his adrenaline didn't already make him well aware of the fact that he was in a fight. His thick winter fur was bristled; hackles raised as his pads felt hot against the cool of the snow cold stones under their paws. He was determined to give Niyole the fight she was looking for; to stand proud and try and give as good as he got. With his full defensives in place he knew what he wanted to do; he just didn't know if he could actually do it. Only one way to find out as he did his best to keep himself shoulder to shoulder with her; not wanting to give her a chance to lunge away and change tactics.

Niyole vs. Kearnal
for dominance
Move: 1 - 3
Time Limit: 5 Days
elements are off
in fair health
endomorph: 36 inches 136 lbs
195 ep, 3 wins (1 by default) 1 loss

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-22-2017, 04:56 PM |
Ice
Kearnal
Ice Alpha
Male, 8.00
Endomorph
36 in, 136 lbs
195 ep
© Aubers
(could staff / someone confirm that this is default for me?)

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-24-2017, 12:32 PM |
Julie
Administrator
Female, 28.75
----
--- in, --- lbs
0 ep
© Julie
STAFF NOTE: Having exceeded the deadline, this spar has defaulted in favor of Kearnal.

contact julie
( liorelysia #5051) • ( liorelysia ) • ( liorelysia ) • ( liorelysia ) • ( liorelysia@gmail.com )

[ Reply ]