pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Open Dusk till dawn
Posted 11-28-2017, 02:40 AM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.75
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou

There's often times in the commander's life where all she wants to do is escape, rebel had been busy lately, and though she didn't mind it, the pressure sometimes got to her. A run through Doutaini often cleared her mind for more pressing matters, and today was no different. The mountains curve and dip and along the winding path she navigates with perfection, she had been born into a body built to run, and through training and precision she'd furthered it into a muscular, killing machine. Though slaughter had never been her way, she couldn't deny the need for bloodshed occasionally. No God to worship, no alpha to look upto, and yet the queen had so far, kept her ego in check. She was animal, wolf just like the others and eventually her body would turn frail and melt away. Blink from existence like those before her, and as yet; she'd not done anything significant enough to leave a legacy. "Why would you want to leave behind a murderous legacy?" she questions herself, voice breathless as she runs, each foostep pounding into her temples.

The slope evens out as the lake appears before her, her lungs wildly fighting, she paces to slow her heart rate and regain control. It didn't matter how fit you were, running up hill always left you dying. The pebbles that border lacrima press into her pads and massage the kinks out, she moves closer as her breath begins to slow, bowing to get a drink from the chilled water. Winter was everywhere up here, everything was pale, washed out. It is why she is surprised to see life, a beaver sits by the edge of the water, chewing a stick between its harsh jaws. Charlotte instantly crouches, hackles bristling as stealth turns her into a silent beast, and oh, how she creeps forward in anticipation. There is a few feet of space between them when she lunges, her toe nicks a pebble and the noise has the beaver turning to see what was approaching- it was too late. Jaws snap closed around a thick, salty throat, the sound of a branch snapping underfoot; ricocheted around the lake, as Charlotte takes its life.

"."

Gorgon anyone else

Charlotte is riddled with scars from head to toe, the right side of her face is bare of fur, and both her ears are in tatters at the tips.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-28-2017, 08:29 AM |
Rebel
Gorgon
Rebel Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© sorceror
Charlotte
In a land as rural as this, he thought he'd have more time without seeing anyone else, but his expectations so far hadn't really been met. This was less a vacation and more a game of 'dodge the crazy person'. It was just like being at home, except the weirdos weren't all related to him. Plus, the scenery was nicer. He sat at his campsite, staring at the water in silence. A loon or something made loon noises in the middle distance. If he was a man with more than one talent in life, he supposed he would go fishing or something, but, as it was, he was pretty much only good at one thing.
"This ain't the ridge," he called across to the not complete stranger who'd intruded on his solitude with accompanying show of violence. "I assume."
It would be hilarious if he'd managed to finally stumble on one of their villages by accident, but he suspected he would have noticed if someone else owned the land he was camping on. Was it still camping if he was in someone's backyard? He was pretty sure that counted as squatting or criminal trespass or something. He didn't know. He wasn't a lawyer.
Not a lawyer, not a fisherman. His only real talent was, apparently, being a smartass to strangers.
Whatever, he was pretty sure he was safe. He could probably assume the locals had the same general definition of the word ridge as he did, and that this was, in fact, not one. And that they weren't using the word as some kind of metaphor. For lake surrounded by mountain peaks. Or something.
"Run off from your loyal peons? Eh. Being an outlaw's not so bad. Low pay, but lots of time off."
A chatty smartass. He sat up, encircled by the medium-ish-sized rocks he'd gathered around himself to mark where he was supposed to sleep. His pile of leaves and snow was somewhere behind his shoulder, like some kind of disheveled hovel. Except that, he guessed, even a hovel had more features to it than his current home.
Could be worse. Could still be in the desert. He eyed the dead rodent the woman was holding and kept talking, expression affable.
"What did the beaver say when it ran into a wall? Dam."
And chuckled at his own joke, because it seemed unlikely that anyone else would.
And reminded himself that this kind of behavior was why nobody in the entire world liked him. Or took him seriously, or whatever. Not that it bothered him; he was kind of enjoying looking and acting like a homeless guy. Maybe she'd forget that he punched that kid in the mud pits and would fall for the ruse just like everyone else had. Wouldn't that be nice.
Nice, but improbable, which was why his face was smiling but his dark eyes watched the near-stranger with a cautious gleam. Just in case she, like the other locals, didn't have much of a sense of humor. Better safe than sorry.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-01-2017, 06:09 PM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.75
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou

There is a squeal, a prolonged sound of agony, before the life washes free of the beaver's dark, brown eyes. They empty, and eventually close for the last time, its' body falling limp and lifeless against her own, heaving one. Blood splatters across her chest and drains over her dark lips as she pulls its throat free of its neck, the pebbles underfoot stain scarlet grotesquely. But she has no time to savor her kill, for a voice speaks up from behind her and instantly; her hackles lift to warn off whatever predator had found her; mine. an instinct, it only takes a second or two for her composure to readjust and she lets the beaver fall with a splat onto the shore of the lake as she turns to regard the wolf in question. "You are correct," she agrees, straightening with an elegance her lithe structure easily settles into, as dainty hands pat down the front of her to rid debris; "Gorgon, right? The hobo from the pits," she chuckles, licking at her stained mouth to try and suck in the blood from her fur, to try and at least look respectable.

A close eye in observation, those emerald orbs move too and fro as she inspects him and the area around him, he'd obviously been sleeping here indefinitely. Her lips curl at his jest, a smirk so fitting to her torn and ragged lips; "even I need some down time," she purrs, her ears flicking forwards as her eyes lift to find his once more. She'd not judge his choice of a home, though she wished he'd reconsider joining hers. She is about to say so when he shares his joke, dam, and she can't help but laugh at it. She'd only recently discovered the great taste of beaver, discovered that they built large walls to block out water, or to block it in. Her laughter echoes, genuine humor, before she finds herself a seat and shakes her head, "you're a funny sort of fellow, eh? What brought you to Doutaini, then?" she didn't think they had a very good economy for comedians.

"."

Gorgon lol

Charlotte is riddled with scars from head to toe, the right side of her face is bare of fur, and both her ears are in tatters at the tips.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-02-2017, 10:30 AM |
Rebel
Gorgon
Rebel Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© sorceror
Charlotte
The woman's behavior was somewhat at odds with her haggard appearance, it seemed, but Gorgon supposed he wasn't all that different himself. Except that he was only pretending to be a crazy woodman, and she was clearly completely buried in her role of - whatever it was she did. Commander of the ridge. Whatever that meant. It sounded like the military, which was an institution he wasn't completely upset to have been booted out of.
"Gorgon," he agreed, smiling vaguely. His joke was, apparently, taken better than normal. Most of the locals seemed to hate them. Apparently this was a land of magic and very serious people. Which, he supposed, made sense - any kind of power seemed to ruin most people's sense of humor. Like oil and water; jokes and responsibility separated.
Explained why his career had never gone anywhere. He had too many of the former and, therefore, nobody had given him any of the latter.
"Oh, I'm just a..tourist," he said. Lied. It was maybe an obvious one, too, which was why he casually waited a second for some sign of disbelief to cross her face and then amended his statement.
"My wife left me," he said, making a face, "And I ended up here by accident. Might stay, might leave after the season changes. Who knows?"
Did he miss the family? Not most of them, he guessed; his father, cousins, terrible half-siblings, mother in law, other distant figures that expected something better from a general's son. Bastard son or no, he was clearly supposed to be something other than a guy with a taste for fighting and no interest in a command to go with it. He guessed he missed his daughter.
He'd thought she might go with him; it still hurt slightly that she hadn't.
"Got a kid out there somewhere," he continued. "You know how it is."
Maybe she did, maybe not. He congratulated himself, sarcastically. He'd probably managed to keep this particular one from ever wondering who he might actually be ever again. She'd just assume he was a mid-life crisis divorcee with a smart mouth, not a spy on a mission. If, in fact, the mission had ever been real, and not just an excuse for the parts of the family he didn't miss to get rid of him.
Time to change the subject, anyway, just in case. To something lighter. Or, at least, something that didn't have anything to do with him.
"You from around here, then? You don't seem like the type. The locals don't usually think I'm very funny."

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-05-2017, 02:14 AM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.75
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou

There was something about him that she didn't quite trust, something a bit odd. Then again it was Charlotte and she rarely trusted anyone. "Charlotte," she replies, nodding in greeting to the brute, a small smile flashing against those dark, blood stained lips. He goes on to answer her question and for a brief moment, her eyebrows furrow in something of disbelief, of question, before he amends himself and gives her the true story. Though tricksters are one type of wolf she knows to be careful of, be skeptical of, just like those pesky Enigma's she'd come to adore so much. Still, had to have ya wits about you. There is a nod out of sympathy as he explains, her lips pulling tighter as her mind wanders to Valerian and where he'd gotten too, where her children had gotten too, and when he mentions such a thing, she frowns. "Yes, I know. I too have kids out there somewhere," she looks over her shoulder as if they'd show up right then and there, but she is not so foolish as to hold onto hope anymore. Her fur bristles before she looks back to him and sighs, "I arrived here when I was a fresh adult, scorned by the loss of a pack and chased down by a murderous father." she laughs and the sound is almost maniacal, "I joined the ridge instantly, and there is where I've stayed.." worked her way up, fought for her life, defended it and her pack. She'd be there until her body could no longer go on. "The rogue life can be fairly boring, lonely... would you consider joining a pack?" perhaps, if the two got to know each other better, she could send him on a mission in Fire. Oh, the thoughts traveling through her brain are adventurous.

"."

Gorgon

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-05-2017, 05:40 PM |
Rebel
Gorgon
Rebel Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© sorceror
Charlotte
Her face changed, first from a doubtful frown to a smile. She clearly believed his half-truth. He was getting too good at this; turning into a politician or an operative instead of whatever it was he was supposed to be. A pure soldier. Whatever he thought he was.
He shook off the feeling that he was turning into his father after all and listened to this woman's life story instead. It sounded like the truth, which made one of them not a liar. It made him...
Probably a bad person, because as soon as she finished talking and went into what was probably a prepared recruiting speech, he started wondering what he could get out of it. Well, how much. Gorgon eyed her, brown eyes mildly amused, and shrugged.
He supposed everyone had to have something in life, and this person's shtick was clearly being in charge. His was, uh, something. He wasn't sure what anymore. But, one way or another, he guessed maybe he could do his real job better from some kind of advantageous position. When (if) the so-called ravening horde actually arrived, he could maybe have something to show for his half-assed attempt at scouting for them.
He told himself to keep clinging to that slim possibility and shrugged.
"Dunno," he said, casually, "Depends on the compensation package."
Because pretending to be a harmless wanderer was clearly not working, he'd let these people start thinking he was a mercenary or something instead. He was emphatically not; being a gladiator in his off time was one thing but being a hired gun was something else entirely.
"I mean," he continued, "I don't think you'd be asking if you didn't mean your pack, so..what's in it for me?"
Did he want to spend the winter sleeping in a pile of leaves next to a rapidly freezing lake? Maybe not. Could he probably do better things with his time? Yes. Still, though, some deep-set rebelliousness was trying to tell him that he shouldn't trade one uniform for another, regardless of who was in charge of it. Or what they would give him in return.
He fought it down. He had never been an impulsive man.

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-13-2017, 10:49 AM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.75
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou
Not many wolves that crossed the borders into doutaini were harmless wanderers, or so it was in Charlotte's mind. Everyone had an agenda, whether it be evil or genuine goodness, it was easier for her to lean towards the former rather than the latter. Expect the worst, and most of the time she'd catch herself, unusually; surprised. Expect the best in people and she always ended up getting shit on, she may have been considered a hard case- but that was just who she was now. He speaks after what seems like quite the while and Charlotte tilts her head curiously, he suddenly reminded her of greg- though much younger.

"Yes, my pack- the rebels," she tells him honestly, "I am always in the market for hard working individuals," a shrug, she comes across just as casual as he does. take it or leave it. she'd not try sell their greatness in short stead, but something about him compelled her to continue. "Becoming apart of our pack is compensation in itself, you will be stronger, faster, more agile. Able to do things no normal wolf could even dream of, let alone perform. You'd have food, water and a roof over your head. All I ask for in return is loyalty, dedication and hard work. I need more wolves patrolling the borders, more scouts, there is always room for more." and there would always be more, whether he was interested or not.

"Rebels are perhaps not as tight-knit as the rest of the packs, but if one rebel is crossed- we all are." she shrugs, they were a family, and what family wasn't slightly disfunctional? She lifts her head, eying him quietly to see if a response would be given, she'd not talk them up anymore than that.

Gorgon

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-16-2017, 11:41 AM |
Rebel
Gorgon
Rebel Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© sorceror
Charlotte
He sat, visibly going over the possibilities in his head. He wasn't getting any younger, he supposed. He wasn't going to gain anything from sitting on his ass in a snowbank all winter, pretending he knew how to fish. Really, the only thing he had to lose was his precious autonomy, which, really, wasn't much at all. He could suck it up. He guessed.
"Guess I'm as capable of standing watch as anyone else out there, when it comes down to it."
The burly man sighed, glanced at the pile of leaves he had been camping in, and shrugged.
"Wow, it's gonna be super hard to leave all this."
He smirked. He was making a joke.
"Well, I guess all good things must come to an end."
Snow drifted off a tree and across his back; he shook it off and stood up, ignoring a faint popping noise from his shoulders. Would he actually get some kind of superpower if he signed on the dotted line? It was hard to know for sure; it was possible he would, and possible he wouldn't. The other locals with shiny things around their necks seemed to have some kind of special ability, always. He hadn't forgotten the blind guy or the one who'd lit a fire.
"So, uh, is there some kind of weird initiation to go through or.."
He could only assume there would be, given that he was joining a cult.
"..like, do I have to sacrifice a virgin goat or climb a mountain peak and fetch back a special flag or.."
He knew he was acting ridiculous, but he also couldn't shake off the weird feeling that he was making some kind of mistake. Good thing he was used to doing that. She had, at least, clearly bought his 'wandering mercenary' act, so that was something. If, in fact, it was even a lie at all. It was still probable that he was just deluding himself.
"..I dunno, kill a monster. Or a person. Do I have to kill someone to get in? That wouldn't be the most extreme thing ever. Totally fine with that. Got someone in mind?"

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-24-2017, 05:41 AM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.75
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou
She can see him weighing up his options, it shows so clearly on his face and she finds herself wondering what other ones he has. If he were just a meandering fool like the others, what could he possibly have to think about? She grows skeptical though her facade never changes, perhaps the smallest flinch to one of her eyes as she watches him. He speaks in suggestion and she finds herself frowning, she hadn't meant to make it sound like all she wanted him to do was stand in the same place all day long, though she doesn't seem to correct him on it either. Instead; she chuckles at his joke and gives a sidelong glance at his pile of leaves, "you can bring it if you have attachment issues," she jests in return, a brow perking as if she were actually being serious about it. He blabbers on and she gets to her feet with protesting clicks and clacks of her joints, her muscles rolling beneath the tightness of her skin as she straightens. "Sacrifice implies we have someone to look up to," she tilts her head as if accusing him, "I'm the only one Rebels look up to, if you can call it that..." She laughs then, a sort of maniacal sound again that flits off her tongue as if poisonous to the touch, "we ain't got no Gods, kid." and thank the dirt for that!

"No initiation," she tells him after her cackles die down, "no fighting or bouncing about, I'm too old for that shit these days. You join rebel as a wolf, just like the rest. Show me you want to be there, you'll be promoted to the rank of your choice at the next meeting. Who knows, maybe you'll like it round there, might make a beta out of you yet." Her tone is light but she wanted to fill her council ranks sooner than later, wolves who showed they wanted it, were more likely to get there in the coming weeks and months than those who sat around on their asses pretending. Something told her this fellow was the former, rather than the latter.

Gorgon

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-24-2017, 10:38 AM |
Rebel
Gorgon
Rebel Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 130 lbs
0 ep
© sorceror
Charlotte
He was joking about the sacrifices, but, clearly, she had decided to take him literally for some reason. Something about gods. He'd believe it when he saw it which, in his vast life experience, was unlikely. Gods were for the lower echelons of society. He'd always been too arrogant or too busy to consider them, and then, later in life, had started regarding the idea with a sense of irony. That and everyone and everything else, too. It was no wonder his family had stopped liking him.
"Wow," he said, instead of letting on any of his other thoughts. "A beta. High society."
He didn't need anything shiny on his collars to make himself feel good about life, but a job was a job and it wasn't like he didn't know what he was doing. Or, at least, have a good enough idea to be able to fake it. People probably got tired of living life at the lonely top. He had no idea; he'd never really been there. He was usually happy to scrape along just over the bottom.
"Well, I'm new here, so I guess you're gonna have to show me the way."
He hesitated, not being one to stand on ceremony, and then added in a tone that wasn't too sarcastic, "Commander."
The trappings of military life didn't suit him, even if the forced compliance and rigid structure did. He could still pretend he was a rebel, even if, actually, a large part of him was willing to go along to get along.
At least he wasn't expected to punch anyone in the eye to prove himself, or whatever. Maybe his service record was written somewhere on his face after all. Maybe his newest boss was just desperate for anyone who seemed competent.

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-13-2018, 07:54 PM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.75
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou
Sarcastic and quick witted, both traits Charlotte often got along with and yet still despised. She would give this wanderer the benefit of the doubt though, for he was not from around here and couldn't possibly know what temper lay in waste beneath the surface of her emerald eyes. There is a peel of laughter as her lips lift once more, but as she gets to her feet and shakes free the debris and blood from her earlier kill- it is clear the conversation was over. "Come along then," she says, her tail curling by her hocks as she turns towards the rebel mountains, "and please, call me Charlotte." She was, for all intents and purposes; commander, queen, matriarch. But she was just like all the rest, a wolf, a savage, a wolf among the wolves. "Let's get you acquainted with the red dust," and a chuckle jingles from her lips as they depart.

just a quick one to wrap this up :D sorry it took me so long the holidays have been hectic for me. <3

[ Reply ]