pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
ambition on the sunset
Posted 11-18-2017, 02:16 AM |
Earth
Roach
Earth Wolf
Male, 2.25
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
ep
© Lou

It had been sometime since he had met those new wolves in the pits, found out about this new world, and pressed to go and explore its' perimeters. He had been wandering ever since, meeting the natives and deciding if this was a place he wanted to stay, or rebel against. It seemed that finally a decision had been made, perhaps silently by those wanderlust paws of his, for that afternoon he found himself in a place both beautiful and haunted all at once. The willows, a place where each tree was marked with the symbol for each pack, and a couple of them, yes the trees, seemed to call to him. He still didn't understand this land, how they all had Gods and how each of these Gods gave them powers to use freely. For war, or peace, he wasn't yet sure. Still, he wanders by each tree to study each symbol, interested in not just the curves and corners, but the origin as well. A scribe by nature, oh how he wished there to be books on the history around here. The emerald mark of Earth jumps at him more than once, but just near to it, a water drop that could only mean Water, calls his name as well. Confusion overcomes him as he takes a seat between the two trees, his ears furrowing backwards into his head as those large orbs slip between the two, "can't you just tell me where I fit? Like a sorting measure, it would be much easier..." Was he actually talking to the trees? Perhaps earth would suit him after all...

table/art by pibs/tig

WATER/EARTH welcome for Roach. <3 leaning to earth but could always be swayed <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-20-2017, 06:06 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

the young king makes his way through the pits, dry and dirtied. but, it held no bother to mars. he had just finished his rounds of the pits, and came across a forest. very far north of the pits. he had heard of this place, had been here once before. but, today, something called him to the trees, to where there had been less action of wolves. his eyes widened as he moved through the trees, a slight grunt leaving his lips as he wandered through the trees, vision coming out and in, blurring for him. his tail swished from side to side, a growl leaving his lips- this sickness was getting annoying. was it something briar had caught? mars had no clue, but he would not let it stop him from his duties, the call of the wild. he was too strong to give up now. he had just earned the blessing of the gods, a season ago. he would not stop now. his fur shakes out, a clearing his throat as he smells the air, someone was here. mars moves further, hearing words that slip from a familiar vessel. roach. someone he had met in the pits whom had more to explore, more to see. it reminded mars of himself. but, there was no time for daydreaming. there was only time to answer the man's question. mars approaches, coming to his side as he gives a smile, “we all decide our paths here, roach. we are given our own choices.” he speaks, looking in between the two trees as he gives a sure nod before looking to roach, “what makes your heart yearn? the sounds of the ocean or the life of the gaia?” he hums out as he sits himself beside the wolf, looking back to the trees that listened to their conversation.

Roach

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-25-2017, 03:24 AM |
Earth
Roach
Earth Wolf
Male, 2.25
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
ep
© Lou

There is a splutter, a cough, a wheeze, that sounds behind him. Having spent a few weeks in Doutaini his tendency to jump at the sound of another wolf, had shrunk to an almost non-existent level. He almost expected it these days, there were so many that invited themselves to the table. But Mars, no, he had requested this ones presence simply by glancing at the earthen willow. "Mars." the brute grunts, turning to glance over his shoulder to greet the earthen King, to welcome him, though in confusion he glances back to the tree thoughtfully. "I grew up by the shore of an ocean," he whispers, as if his brain had gone back to a time when decisions hadn't mattered to him, "it holds... importance." he lets those emerald eyes linger there, on the water marked willow, before he clears his throat, "but the gaia holds something I find... rather interesting." he is all truths, as he turns to glance at Mars, his thoughts momentarily drifting to the king of earth; "are you sick?" he inquires softly, curiousyet somehow, concerned.

table/art by pibs/tig

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-26-2017, 06:26 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”

mars listens to his words with intent. his tail sways from side to side as his eyes cast over all nine trees. he gives a chuckle as he nods, he can understand that- wanting to return to the place where you grew up- well, if you had a good childhood. he looks over himself, giving a soft sigh then nods to the man as he looks back to the trees. “i.. i think so. but, usually when i use my earth powers, it fades somewhat. i do not know. i think it's just the poison effecting me. i have been using my powers a lot as of lately.” he hums before his ears fall to his head. his heartbeat slows to a stop before illusion comes to life, showing roach- fooling his eyes as the scenery changed around them. to the left of them, there was an ocean, sand just like kei's lands. to the right, there was a green forest, full of life. mars' eyes shimmer as he looks in between the two- thankfully, when he was blessed, he obtained new powers that he tried, somewhat, on his off days. “one calls for home and you will choose the better one for you.” he coughed, his heart still stopped before it the illusion fades, heart beating again as mars catches his breath, toes splaying as he feels a numb wave run through him. “we will always have a home for you if you do decide to visit water first, roach. we have open hearts.” he breathes in, steadying himself as he then looked back to the rogue.

Roach

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-28-2017, 12:01 AM |
Earth
Roach
Earth Wolf
Male, 2.25
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
ep
© Lou

The Earth king simply smiles, his eyes trailing across the eight trees that sit staring at them both, as if they themselves are expecting his decision. Roach lets his own eyes wander their broad trunks and intricate patters, and the longer her looks, the more confused he becomes. A sigh, before he tears his gaze away from them to look at Mars, there is more concern that creases his brow. "Perhaps you should not use them as mu-" he begins, a suggestion, but just as soon as he's begun to say it, Mars changes the scenery around them to two very different landscapes. One of earth, the forest well nourished and thick with vegetation, the other; an oceanic image with rolling sea waves. He can't help but look between the two, both of which tug at his heart strings, but he knows, the choice in which he'd eventually make. "My home was just like this," he says, indicating the ocean scene just before it fades away, the willows pushing through again, "until the wave came and took it from us." He shakes his head, the memories still far too fresh for him to revisit them. "If it's okay with you, I'll join you in Earth..." and his grin spreads wide across his face, "besides, you look like you could use the help home." and he wasn't being condescending, no, just trying to lend a helping hand.

table/art by pibs/tig

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-29-2017, 10:07 AM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”

the illusion takes a lot out of him, but he smiles when the other seems to enjoy it- to see his home in the waves that he had created. mars looks to the other, he is right, he should stop using them for awhile, but it helps the sick stop. mars' ears fall to his head when roach speaks of the wave taking his home away, mars felt awful, giving a sigh. mars stands back up when he speaks of going home with the other. “well, i'm sorry about your home roach. but, coming home with kaede and i, you are entering a new family. we are all bound tightly like one. we rely on each other to survive.” mars hummed as he looked over the other, wobbling slightly as he stood before he took a breath. his tail swayed back and forth as he tossed his head towards the south, where the gaia laid. “there are some vacant dens around so you won't have to dig one, just take your time settling in as well. i will teach you a bit of the elements..” he hums as he stretches his legs out before he started to head towards the home that he had nestled deep in his heart. the other looked back at roach, smiling as he waited for him to follow. “are there any ranks that you would like to live up to or work to?”

Roach

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-29-2017, 01:24 PM |
Earth
Roach
Earth Wolf
Male, 2.25
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
ep
© Lou

It doesn't take him long to decide that he liked this Mars fellow, he was so far; a genuine gentleman, Roach couldn't help but admire his graciousness. He himself had always been a soft soul, though like most wild animals his fight drive far outweighs his flight. He'd only been in a few fights in his life, and most of them had only been to protect himself. He was better with words, with strategy, with planning. Though so far this world had left him empty of destination, and brimming with the lust for knowledge. Emerald eyes drift back to his new commander as the man gets up, rather unsteadily. Instantly roach is on his feet and aligning his shoulder with Mars' own, "here let me help you," he urges softly as he offers the alpha his body for support. "Kaede you say, that is the God you worship in Earth, yes?" and there is a dazzling display of lit embers behind those green orbs, interest sparking all sorts of questions though he holds them back for a time when Mars was up to it. He's already chomping at the bit to learn more, to dive deeper. "I often prefer to sleep beneath the trees... this way?" he admits and with a gesture towards the gaia, he'd help Mars begin to hobble home, if the man had accepted his offer. "In my old pack they called me snucknuck," he chuckles, the old language of his tribe so alien compared to english, it perhaps explains his accent. "It means Hunter... or tracker, I believe, for lack of better words. But yes, I have many moons' experience with providing for a large pack, even when food is sparse." his tone was casual, as if he'd be happy to help, not so much gloating, but giving the straight facts. He was excited to have finally found a place to hopefully, call home.

table/art by pibs/tig

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-30-2017, 12:43 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”

the king of the forest takes the other's offer. he cannot help but lean into him, tired and ready to return home and rest from whatever he had. his eyes flickered around as he nodded in the direction, hearing his questions as well. “kaede is.. yes. the demi-god of earth. an amazing creature..” he speaks as he listens to his story. he chuckles as they move along, nodding to the other. “well, there are a lot of trees to sleep underneath.” his tail swings from side to side as they walk, eyes wandering the lands that they navigated through. soon, it would be dark, not that mars cared, he liked traveling in the dark. his hazel eyes glowing a dim green as they moved, “well, maybe after some training, i can see what i can do to move you to hunter, if that is what you would like. are pack isn't too big at the moment, but we do have a lot of upcoming pups, so they need to learn to hunt as well... maybe you could teach them some tricks.” he hums as he looks towards the gaia, ears sticking up and alert just in case anyone tried to come around them. he wouldn't let anything happen to his new family member, a brother. “we are all tightly knit in our family, i hope that you don't mind that.”

Roach

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-06-2017, 03:50 PM |
Earth
Roach
Earth Wolf
Male, 2.25
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
ep
© Lou

"You'll have to tell me more about him someday," Roach says softly as the two begin their trek home, surely it wasn't too far to the gaia and once there, his new commander could get the rest he deserved. He chuckles there, at Mars' statement of trees that gaia is home too, one of the reasons he'd finally chosen Earth as his resting place for the moment. Back home, where Roach had grown up, there was no where for the pack to burrow for dens so instead they'd make giant teepees out of driftwood, covering it in seaweed to keep out the ocean spray and the sand, for the colder months. There was always an award for the most creative, though roach hadn't participated himself; he'd enjoyed seeing the ideas his brothers and sisters came up with. Mars begins talking again and Roach is happy for the distraction, anything to keep his mind away from that dreadful day on the beach. "Id be honored, Mars, there is no point having skills if one does not utilize them, hm?" he chuckles, red coat glistening like embers beneath the sun. "I've been told I'm quite good at training youth, I'd be delighted to help in any way I can!" his grin is contagious as they move, from willows to pits and beyond, Roach can see the gaia treeline- almost there. The kings last statement brings heat to the brutes cheeks, a family, not just a pack for survival, where every man was for themselves. He smiles, turning those emerald eyes to the multicolored king and his expression is genuine excitement. "my childhood pack was my family, by blood and by water, we stuck by eachother no matter what. I am a loyal man, mr. Mars, you can count on that." and that he could.

table/art by pibs/tig

Mars we can wrap this up if you like <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-08-2017, 07:20 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”

mars smiled, leaning on the other as their travel back to the gaia continued. his tail swayed back and forth as his eyes did, making sure that they were safe. that the newest member of their pack would find it home safely. his ears lift, maybe the newest one could teach fetch? he knew his adopted pup would love to learn that. mars cleared his throat as he smiled at the other, “i think the pack would love that, roach. thank you. i shall call something of a meeting soon where we can train as well.” he spoke as he looked over the trees, ears perked as they headed back to the gaia- the home of the closely knitted.

mars exits with roach unless stopped.

Roach; sorry it's super short.

[ Reply ]