pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Training magic camp 101
Posted 11-11-2017, 11:06 PM | This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 10:45 PM by Asceo
Earth
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.75
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
I will post again Nov. 17th!

Asceo strode confidently towards the temple, her sleek black fur shining with dewdrops. It was early in the morning and she had already been up since the sun had risen. She shook the water from her coat, shivering slightly. It was getting closer and closer to winter. Each day the temperature seemed to drop a little bit more and the wind nipped her ears more sharply. Leaves had all but blown off of their branches at the edges of the clearing beside the temple. Red and brown leaves scattered across the grassy field, and from one of the trees that grew just beyond the temple's feet hung several ornaments; glittering rocks and sea glass swung on their branches, a golden branch from Haya's tree decorated the sapling's upper branches. Asceo remembered fondly the day of Kaede's celebration. The bear god himself had made an appearance to restore Briar's health, for he had expended all of his energy decorating the temple and field with soft patches of bedding, flowers, and fragrances to honor Kaede's glory. The feast was full and loud. So many had come to show their love for Earth, and now, there were so few left to stand for Briar's legacy.

But Asceo refused to let his memory die. She would honor his wishes for Mars to rule in his stead, and Mars wished for her to be his second in command. She would not let them down. As her first act as beta, Asceo threw her head back in a mighty howl, calling her packmates to her. "Heed my call, all those who wish to develop their powers, learn the basics, or work with me on their healing skills," she cried. When the last tone of her howl had faded away, she set a brisk pace through the trees, searching for small creatures to bring back to the field. A quick snap of her teeth and sharp reflexes rewarded her with a squirrel beneath a pine tree, a few large rats, and even, after a long chase, a fat white rabbit. Pleased with herself, Asceo began to collect her haul at the center of the clearing. Not for the first time, she wished she had been able to collect more herbs and replenish her supplies. Practicing Earth magic brought on terrible stomach aches, nausea, and headaches. The very least she could do, if she could not ease the pain of her packmates' side effects, was gather a small prey pile for them to settle their stomachs with.

She sat down beside her catch, smoothing some of her fur with a few rough licks. It wouldn't do for her to be disheveled for her first training session.

Mars Akuma @All other earth wolves who may be interested!

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 03:05 AM |
Earth
Akuma
Earth Scout
Male, 3.75
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
47 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun Pacing. It seems that's all he's able to do these days. His mind lingered upon the night of the dead. He could remember so clearly how he had carried three wolves upon his back and dragged another across the bridge all in one trip. Confused. That's how he felt. That voice in his head whispered about how he should've killed them when he had the chance. It degraded him, called him stupid. That same dark side of him even threatened to overtake his mind and body. But Akuma battled against it, kept himself busy. He did things like chewing his ever growing nails, putting his seemingly muscular gain to good use and just simply keeping himself distracted period. He had been hoping Mars-- or someone would praise or thank him on his heroic actions on the bridge that night. Yet no one had uttered a word to him. It angered the cream colored brute, had him in a rather bad attitude.

He was digging simply exploring the area and trying to familiarize the territory when he heard a call. He paused, flinching slightly at the overbearing volume of the call. it felt as if the wolf was right next to his ears and screaming. His ears fell flat against his skull, shaking his head and pawing at his face. When the call ended, he would sigh thankfully. For some reason his hearing had become more...sensitive? It was maddening really. At times Akuma swore he could hear the heartbeat of some unknown rodent in the foliage. He shook his head trying to keep himself from being distracted, furrowing his brows as a sudden burst of euphoria rushed through his veins. He felt restless and antsy, and without much more thought he bolted off in the direction of the call.

Saliva trickled out his mouth as he ran. He slowed to a stop as he neared where the unknown female was. His tail wagged excitedly, panting ever so slightly. He walked into the clearing, letting a soft but excited yip fall from his jaws in greeting.
"Heyo Ma'am, Akuma here. I'm new, and eager to learn" the words were spoken in a rushed manner; his talon like claws kneading into the soft ground beneath his paws.

"Bite Me. "

Asceo

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 08:44 PM | This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 10:02 PM by Mars
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.25
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
502 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

mars' vision came in and out, it was not nice to wake up to. to feel like you are in a dream, trapped in sleep as the world fades in and out around you. mars let out a soft, scared whimper as he pushed up from his bed, hearing the howl that woke him, but his eyes flickered from side to side, seeing blurred- almost black. he dived his head into the moss bed, rubbing at his eyes before he opens them again, seeing everything clearly again. his heart raced. his mouth dropped open into a pant before he looked around his den, his and azrael's. he calmed himself- maybe, maybe, he had ate something funky. confusion belittles even more of him as he forgets why he had woken. his ears fell to his head as he makes his way through the vines that hang over the entrance of the den. his paws press against the grass, the morning dew coating them. his tail wavered behind him as his eyes cast upon the willow tree, standing for a good few moments before he looks to the direction of the temple, as if something was calling him there. mars shrugged his shoulders, for he would follow, slowly- his pace not picking up as he wandered towards the temple with that dull ache of hunger for meat in his stomach, something he had grown accustom to. his nose twitches as it catches a scent carried by the wind- not any of the fresh flowers or plants, only a scent, a bare whiff of one as he nears the temple. his eyes cast upon his favorite place- the temple and another wolf who stands there. he shakes his head out before he smiles, seeing two other earth wolves stand there. asceo! akuma! his paws pick up the lacking pack he had made all the way here. his eyes set upon them as he trots up to them, slowing himself as he gives asceo a nod.

“you two are up early, what might you be doing?” he asks as his head cocks to the side, giving a small smile, a flash of his teeth showing to the two. “enjoying the cooling temperatures?” he teased as he finds himself settling down onto the wet grass.

Asceo, Akuma, Domnu Pidge, Baby, Fetch, Riverwind, Theodosia, Meliae, Azrael, Rhowan, Wærnyss, Loretta, Somnus, & Badr?

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 10:01 PM | This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 10:02 PM by Fetch
Fetch
Rogue Pup
Male, 0.75
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
A brief whimper of protest left the tiny lips of the dark-furred pup as Mars had gotten up and left the den. Golden hues fluttered open and a huge yawn parted the pup's jaws. As soon as Mars was gone, the den felt less warm, so Fetch decided to go and see what the older wolf was up to instead of trying to sleep knowing that the only wolf he trusted was not there to keep him safe.

Trotting out of the den and following Mars' scent as best he could, Fetch managed to eventually find his way to the temple. He looked around before approaching, very slowly and carefully. His tiny body seemed to curl into itself as the pup's uncertainty of the other wolves turned to anxiety and he quickly flung himself in Mars' direction, hiding behind the male as best he could.

-----

Asceo | Akuma | Mars | Thanks for tagging me!

If I don't respond within 2 days, please either re-tag me, send me a PM or yell at me on Discord!

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-13-2017, 09:51 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.50
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
39 ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; Pidgeon's ears flick in the direction of the call. It was one of her own kind. A wolf of Earth. Her massage is loud and clear. Those who would like to learn, come. The woman is intantly to her feet, legs making short disance over the land.

She arrives with her sides heaving and her tail wagging. "I hope I'm not late. I'd like to join." For a moment the woman forgets her manners, but quicky turns back to her. "My name is Pidgeon, but if you'd like you may call me Pidge for short. I'm new and ready to learn the ways of Earth." Her breath is no longer ragged, but deep and ready. She turns to Mars and greets him, nuzzling his neckfur with her soft muzzle. She lets out a warm breath and laughs, turning to Fetch. Her lips curve into a gentle smile and she walks up to the pup, tail tucked to her side to show she meant no harm.

Her tongue brushes the pups face, as it had when she had first found him. "Hello, Fetch. Pretty day, hum?"

speak think
Mars, Fetch, and Asceo

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-21-2017, 06:05 PM |
Rebel ( Staff )
Badr
Rebel Wolf
Female, 3.00
Mesomorph
33 in, 115 lbs
75 ep
© riv

She feels out of place here, the weeks of fall making it cool as the days turn darker earlier. Finding herself creeping around the brush of the Gaia. She had let the Earth Man lead her here, yet she had never found the courage to find her way out of wood works and truly let herself find a place and see what it had to offer. All she knew was that she was welcome here. A gathering pulls her forward, feeling like she shouldn’t be here. (I’m not one of them.) But she lets the thoughts slip away as she spots Mars. Holding herself back for a moment as she eyes the others there. Warm turquoise eyes jumping from Asceo, to Akuma, and finally to the pup who had joined them. She finds a slight smile growing on her lips as she calls out to Mars, trying to be as subdued as she can. Calm, collected. Trying to ease into the group setting. Finding herself sneaking to his side, close once more like the night they spent watching on the summits. “I hope I’m not intruding… I kinda. Let myself ‘in’.” She’d speak in hush tones to Mars, looking down at the ground. The Gaia was different from what she had imagined when she had first of it. She couldn’t even begin to imagine how different it was during the spring.. or with actual sun shining. Badr lets out a breath of warm air before turning to address herself to the rest of those around them. “Where are my manners?“ pausing for a moment as she dips her head down, “I’m Badr. A friend of Mars’.”

late to the party but I figured it was time to throw her here.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-23-2017, 08:48 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.25
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
502 ep
© ev

“In our village,”

it doesn't take long for the pup that he had taken in, adopted, find his way to the back of mars. mars only chuckled as he leaned his head down to the young, nudging him closer to his legs and closer to the others. mars, as a young child, was always social and he wanted fetch to be as well. “no one bites here, fetch. they are your family as well." he murmurs to the young as he nods to asceo, “that is the beta here and akuma is an up-coming warrior. they are very nice.” he murmurs to the young as he sits back on his hind haunches. his eyes flicker to pidge, an upcoming beauty. he hums as he nuzzles her back with a happy smile on his lips as she leaned away to greet the pup that leaned on him.

mars' eyes advert as he sees badr slink through the trees, he stands as he clears his throat. he gives fetch a nod, for he knew pidge, but he could follow if he needed. he takes a step closer to the rogue, giving a nod to his pack, she was fine. she was wise. he trusted in her. though, something twinges inside him. he needs to watch the borders as well as be here. oh, earth, they needed more recruits. “badr. it is a pleasure to have you. as i said before, you are always allowed here.” he hums out as he looks to the woman as she introduces herself, a smile perks on his lips as he turns to the eager group.

so they wanted to learn? mars would help asceo as he sauntered towards the front of the group, looking back to fetch to make sure the young was alright, he nodded to him, saying it was alright to follow if he wanted. he gives asceo's shoulder a gentle bump as he passes before he arises in front of the group, giving akuma brief look, smiling as always, before he looks back to the rest. “i want you all to know, you all might know already, but i shall repeat. kaede's powers rely on your life, on your dedication. the powers that we use, use our own energy, our life. if you feel sick, take a break. do not over work yourself, this is all for learning.” he hums out as he glances across the group before he takes a breath, daises popping up with the usage of growth, unbloomed. yet, the poison runs through him, making his left paw numb. he shifted onto his right foot, clearing his throat as he ignored the dull aching, “try to copy the daises, think about it, focus on the earth, picture yourself having roots, growing new life.” he speaks to the group that sits. “nothing more. i want you all to try to practice daises.. badr, if you would come up here and be an example for our next trick?"

Akuma, Fetch, Pidge, Badr, Asceo, & Theodosia?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-24-2017, 06:20 PM |
Fetch
Rogue Pup
Male, 0.75
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
At first, Fetch was overwhelmed with so many new wolves around and he almost darted away as he was touched, but he realized the wolf's scent was familiar. "P-Pidge?" barked the tiny pup, looking up at the she-wolf with big eyes. "You came with us!" Fetch's little tail wagged and his anxiety melted away like frost in the spring. A bit of saliva dribbled down onto the grass as the pup lolled his tongue out. Fetch looked to Mars, then, and noted the nod, but he was content with staying here. Pidge was kind.

"We get to learn together! I was afraid that I was gonna be the only one who didn't know anything about these powers... But, I'm glad you're here." the brown pup enthused, pressing his head forward to nuzzle at Pidge's legs.

Just then, Mars had begun to speak and Fetch turned his full attention to the front of the group. Fetch had seen Mars use Growth before, but it was still just as mystifying as if it were the first time. The little pup's eyes seemed to glow as he watched the plants sprout from the ground and reach for the sun. It was as if an entire moon had passed in a single moment and Fetch wanted so badly to do it, too! As soon as Mars finished speaking, the young pup darted off to find his own little patch of dirt to practice with. "Good luck, Pidge!" he called behind his shoulder as he left.

Fetch found the perfect spot, a mostly flat area where the frost did not touch. He glanced down at the glowing green gem hanging from his neck and suddenly worried if he would not be granted the powers of the Earth wolves. He wasn't born here, after all, nor did he even come from Doutani itself. Looking back up to the small gathering of Earth wolves, his mind ventured further. What if these wolves didn't accept him? Even if he did gain powers, would they dislike him for not being born among them? Would he even make any friends here? Would he be an outcast?

No, he couldn't think like that. He had to try. He had to repay Mars for the kindness he's shown Fetch. Pale yellow eyes looked down to the ground in front of the pup and he thought of nothing but daisies. Such a simple flower, and yet can light up any field. Fetch pictured a daisy in his mind as vividly as possible. Tiny, white petals surrounding a bright yellow core. As he concentrated on the details, he imagined a bud sprouting from the ground. As he focused, a few stems managed to reach out of the ground in front of the pup. Fetch's heart beat rapidly as his excitement grew and this was enough to throw him off focus. The little buds atop the stems stayed closed, but Fetch was practically bouncing with excitement! "I did it! I really did it! Look, Mars!"

-----
Mars | Pidge

If I don't respond within 2 days, please either re-tag me, send me a PM or yell at me on Discord!

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-29-2017, 07:01 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.50
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
39 ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; "P-Pidge?" She can only smile. There was something about the boy that made her heart melt and her maternal instincts kick in. She wasn't his mother, much less his step mother, yet she still felt something. Why? She shakes her head, pushing the thought away.

"We get to learn together! I was afraid that I was gonna be the only one who didn't know anything about these powers... But, I'm glad you're here." She nods. "We'll learn together, me and you. I bet you're better, though!" A grin slips onto her lips, and she turns to Mars. But not before Fetch nuzzles at Pidge's long legs. She chuckles and paws at the pup, gently play-pushing him. "Good luck, Pidge!"

She is interuppted once more, but this time, by someone new. It was a rogue female, and for a moment Pidgeon flashed her teeth, unaware that the intruder was actually a guest. But Mars introduces the rogue as Badr, and she realizes that her family is safe. "Sorry about that. I'm Pidgeon, but you can call me Pidge. I hope you'll stay with us here in Earth. It's quite beautiful, huh?" She looks around the forest and wags her tail in wonder. It really was a sight.

Pidgeon turns to Mars and listens intently, hanging onto to his every word. She remembers when her and Mars had first tried. She could do it again. Yes, she could do it again. The woman turns to find her own spot to grow a daisy. Her eyes gaze around and find a small spot of dirt, not covered by the usual moss. She brushes away a piece of dead leaf. Gods! Already Winter? I have to finish fixing up the den quickly.

Pidge pushes aside her thoughts and focuses on the task. Imagine a seed growing from the ground. Feel it grow. Within seconds that tingly feeling comes upon her, and she feels life grow beneath her. Dirt parts for a small seed and it germinates before her eyes. The stem pops out of the seed, and the stalk begins to elongate. Small leaves unfurl, and the plant deveopes a small whitish-pink bud at its top. She stops there, as Mars had said.

A wave of nausea hit Pidgeon. She hadn't felt it until now. The acid burned at her throat, but she quickly got rid of it with a quick swallow. The feeling wasn't as bad as the first time (which she was quite happy about).

"I did it!" The tiny voice yells. Her tail thumps the ground as she gives Fetch a bark of pride. She turns back to her flower and lays beside it, curving her body around the frail plant. She leans in to smell it and is satisfied. It smelled fresh and... New. She grins, proud of herself.

speak think
Mars, Fetch, Akuma, Badr, Asceo
Sorry this was so choppy ;V

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-06-2017, 10:04 PM |
Rebel ( Staff )
Badr
Rebel Wolf
Female, 3.00
Mesomorph
33 in, 115 lbs
75 ep
© riv

She had never been one to believe in tricks, or magic. At least growing up she was told that it was nonsense, something that only fools spoke of. She offers a smile as she looks around at those gathered, the pup something that struck a heart string with Badr. Leaving her a bit taken aback with her own adoration. Head shifting to the female, who bared teeth at Badr, cool eyes narrowing slightly before she’d watch the female lessen up, “No worries, you gotta be safe, even when you’re home.” Letting out a slight chuckle to try the lighten the mood, “I’m hoping that my stay eventually turns to a permanent place, who knows.” Head turning to Mars, offering a slight wink before taking a seat to watch the others, and listening to him as he speaks. She finds a fondness, appreciating the way he addresses them. He isn’t some off-standish leader, but instead patient. Caring. Her mind wonders to think of whether her mother would have approved of him, for he was so different then the men she had worked herself up about in the past. She lets herself get pulled out of her thoughts as she watches not only Mars, but the pup and Pidge, grow something out of thin air. Eyes grow with wanderlust and admiration for the Earthen wolves. “It never gets old, it’s not possible.”

She stores what Mars says, for future necessity. Think about it, focus on the earth, picture yourself having roots, growing new life. She lifts herself more upright as Mars calls her over to be an example. “Of course!” Making her way over to him, sitting herself down as a her halved tail curls around her hind eyes as much as it can.

Mars Pidge Fetch Akuma Asceo

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-13-2017, 10:05 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.25
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
502 ep
© ev

“In our village,”

mars watches over his pack, heart warmed by the few that were there. when badr accepts his offer, he stands up straighter, watching as his adopted pup was working hard to grow and bloom- so when he did, mars popped up with a huge smile on his lips. “fetch! wonderful, just wonderful.” he hums as his tail wavers back and forth, he was so proud. to a point where he thought he would never be this proud again, his heart thumped against his chest. kaede should be so happy at the moment. wolves praising in his name. using his powers to protect earth, to bred life as he does. then pidge does the same and mars let's out a happy yip as he nods to the woman, “wonderous pidge, wonderous.” he hums before he turns to badr with a bow of his head,

“i shall not hurt you, badr. stay still though..” he murmurs to the pale angel, “alright, so. a lot of wolves think that earth is all about growing herbs. well, it might be. but we can also grow simple plants that can burn, sting, hurt. just in case anyone ever tries you, there is a simple plant called stinging plant. it is a plant that has needles, it does not inject or harm them in anymore way than an simple prick, the tip breaks, toxins that make their skin itch and annoying stinging lays upon them. it might not be a lot, but by growing it, you do not even have to bloom it, you surround your opponent in them. they can only escape by passing through the stinging plant. it is a quick way to escape and evade until you can reach help.” mars speaks as he nods to the group before he looks to the rogue. giving a smile before he nods to her. growth is used as the stinging plant arises around her, multiple ones sprouting, growing thick around her so she couldn't move without a jump- even so, some laid in front of mars.

a wave of sickness runs over him, he wobbles for a moment before he takes a step back from the woman, giving a smirk before he has vines take them away, carefully so he did not harm the angel. he looks to the group, thirsty for water, to drown the poison that ran through him.

Fetch; plant from [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinging_plant] // too lazy to code

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-19-2017, 12:57 PM | This post was last modified: 12-19-2017, 12:58 PM by Akuma
Earth
Akuma
Earth Scout
Male, 3.75
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
47 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun He had spaced out if he was being honest, his mind sinking deep within his thoughts. They encased him. They were horrible. Thoughts of murder and rampage running rampant with his mind, a rapid fire of onslaught attacks to his brain occurring to the point of his control almost being lost. He manage to snap back in control just in time alarm clear on his face. He inhaled deeply, trying to calm himself. He glanced around to make sure no one say his little episode, and was relieved when no one was looking in their direction. He looked down at his necklace, as he heard Mar's words and so the plants bloom to life. He.... wanted to do more, wanted to do better. He felt euphoria rush through him, his tongue falling from his jaws as he began to pant. He would take a hold of his energy and push into the gem at his neck. It suddenly began to glow a brilliant green as vines snapped out of the earth around him. Four of theme in fact. They curled in the air like giant green snakes. Akuma stared at them for a moment in awe at what he had done. Although seconds later a rush of nausea bolted through him. He felt bile rushing up his throat and pain ignite throughout his body. The vines immediately fell lifelessly to the ground and the glow faded from Akuma's necklace. He let the bile rush out of his mouth and onto the ground in front of him. He took a step back, and winced as he felt a sagittate shaped rock stab into his paw pad. He immediately re-positioned his foot; he swayed painfully on his wobbly legs. They shook violently with the effort he had put into his first ever use of elemental power.
"Ta...da..: he said weakly, his body thrumming with pain and knees about to buckle beneath him at any moment.

"Bite Me. "

Asceo Mars Badr Pidge Fetch

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]