pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome This path less trod!
Posted 11-11-2017, 02:50 PM |
Earth
Athos
Earth wolf
Male, 7.50
Meso-fighter
35inches in, 125lbs lbs
ep
© Kim/KimShady

After the pits he had left those gathered with a heavy heart. He longed for familiarity, for the life he once led. But deep down, he knew that it would not be possible to step back into the role he once played. From this day on, he would tread a new path, live a different life. He hoped beyond hope that his family, though part of his past, would be as much part of his new one as they were. But that would take time. He had left them, again! Each time something bought him back to this land, and he thought he knew what that was. Family! This was where he belonged, in Doutaini. His paws had taken him to landmarks he had sorely missed. He even thought about visiting the Gelid, if only to pay his respects to his mother and father’s graves. His pale eyes looked to the skies and searched the star studded skies. "Do you look down upon me now? How I miss you." He sighed and began walking again. It had been some days since Mars had accepted him at the pits and even though his paws were itching to visit other places, they could wait.

He soon felt the moist earth beneath his paws and the strong scent of vegetation, thick and warm. He crossed the borders into Earth, the Gaia, his new home. His heart pounded and he felt nervous. Why? Well, maybe because before he had a role to play, a job to do, a pack to care for. And even though he would care for those within the Gaia just as much as he ever had those in the Gelid, his position here was nothing. The responsibilities of Alphaship had been lifted from his shoulders. Did this please him? Maybe. He had never truly wanted to rule when he had been young, but he had been forced to take the reins and since then it had been his everything. But he could lay that aside now.

On and on he went, weaving through the dense undergrowth, penetrating the forest until he reached the ruins. Here he would sit and call. He hoped that maybe Mars would come and maybe instruct him in the use of the green necklace that hung around his neck. Of course he knew the basics, but Earth was far from Ice. Maybe he would even meet some of those that dwelled here. The first true step upon his new path.

"It's in his DNA"

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-11-2017, 10:41 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
asceo

Asceo stepped gingerly through the forest, her black fur fluffed up against the cold. She was glad to be back home again, and her surroundings were beginning to look familiar to her again. It hadn't taken long to accustom herself to the Gaia, but she still needed to consider her new duties as beta as well as resuming her role as Earth's sole healer. Waernyss had not been seen in seasons, at least to her knowledge and with good riddance at that, so the responsibility fell on her own shoulders. Of course, Asceo was warmed by the thought. She had never liked the unreliable she-wolf, not since she spurned her request to be trained.

As she walked, a deep throated howl sounded through the trees, quite nearby. His voice felt familiar, though she could no longer place his sound. It was not Keston, whose voice melted in her ears, nor was it any Earth wolf she had befriended. Curious, Asceo turned sharply to her right and broke into a brisk lope to close the distance between her and this stranger. His scent drifted over the ferns and she began to recognize him just moments before he came into view.

"Athos, is that you?" her jaw gaped in shock. His necklace was no longer and icy white, but green. Emerald for Kaede, not bright and pale for Kiyoshi. "You are of Earth now? I thought you had left Doutaini after losing your throne." She glanced down at his mangled paw and frowned, displeased with her work and at it's progress. "I am sorry that your injury had not healed better, it was all I could muster at the time, I'm afraid."

Asceo slowed to a stop a few tail-lengths in front of him and slid to her haunches. "I am glad to see you, Athos. So what brought you to the Gaia?" She eyed him with amber pools brimming with interest.

Athos

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 08:20 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

there is little amount that happens in the gaia, that mars does not know about. the young king was always around, and if he wasn't he was not in the gaia, he was in the pits, barely even ten miles out. he was always close to home. and even when he was away, his heart was here, just beating underneath his necklace. the alpha moves himself from the willow tree that he had taken a nap underneath, beside briar's grave. his eyes cast to his den which doesn't lie far from the willow. a soft yawn leaves his lips as he stretches, bending and pushing himself to all fours. he starts his pace in a walk, slow and gentle against the ground. his ears perk, fluttering and twirling to listen to the sound of the forest that lay beyond him. mars moves himself through the forest, the jungle that held many earth wolves. his tail twists as he feels a hunger deep inside him, for meat. a grumble leaves his lips. for this hunger, it never left him, it seemed. everyday since the day of the dead, when that dreadful oil-like slime pushed down his throat. mars shivers at the thought, shaking his head as he moves further into the jungle, maybe he will lose the hunger if he distracts himself with the life of his home. there are tuffs of fur missing from his legs, sores around them as well, devolving in the places where his fur had fallen from his legs.

his nose catches a scent in the air, oh, athos. mars' lips perks into a smile, he hadn't seen the man since the pits! his legs stretch in a run, hurrying to where the scent was. his nose sniffs at the air as he makes his way towards the man, the new earth man. an experienced once with magic and alphaship. his paws dive into the dirt, thrashing and moving through it, as it was a wet day. the man wanted to fall into the mud, maybe the cool feel of it would soothe his itching. he grits his teeth as he pushes himself further, until the reaches the, now two, wolves. his tail wavers in excitement as he makes his way to the two with a smile on his lips- permanently there. "asceo, athos." he gives a bow of his head to the two as he looks over them. his eyes waver between the two, "enjoying your stay here athos?" he asks as his head turns to asceo, "how are you settling back in, asceo?" he hums as he finds himself sitting on his hind haunches from the brisk walk here.

Athos

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-14-2017, 03:17 PM |
Earth
Athos
Earth wolf
Male, 7.50
Meso-fighter
35inches in, 125lbs lbs
ep
© Kim/KimShady

It seemed as though his heart beat a thousand times or more before another came. He heard the movement through the dense undergrowth before he saw the wolf that caused the noise. His eyes turned to the spot moments before the female emerged and as soon as she did, he recognized her as the healer that ha aided him so much in the time following the fight. He greets her with a smile and a nod to her question. "I’m afraid so." He chuckled lightly as he spoke, genuinely happy to see her, to be here. Maybe he had been on the wrong path all along? Fruitless to think that way though. His life had been what it had been and there was nothing he could do now to change that. "I did leave." His smile faded and he looked to the ground for a moment before returning his gaze to Asceo. "Afterwards…. Things changed that day. Not just for me, but for others. My sister…. Elsinor, the one that accompanied me here after the fight, she… she lost more than her home that day. She lost her faith. She believed that the world had abandoned her and she fled. I could not let her believe that she was not loved, that no one cared for her or about her, so I followed. I couldn’t leave her." But there was guilt at the ones he had left.

Any further explanation was gratefully avoided when Asceo commented on his paw. He looked down on it as she spoke. It had become normal now for it to be the way it was. He had never resented her for the healing she had done, not once. "No need to apologize. What you did was beyond anything I could of ever hoped for. It’s still functional, that’s the main thing." He smiled at her for truly without her he would probably never have used the limb again. Yes it ached after a long day, and when it was cold it was stiff and painful, but he could use it. The limp was unnoticeable to him now, just normal movement. "Your Alpha, Mars, he accepted me when I returned. My sister may have lost her faith, but I have not. I yearned for Doutaini. I remembered how well I was treated here, in Earth, and wanted to show how grateful I was for that by returning and offering myself to the pack. "

Just then Mars arrived and Athos turns to greet him. "I confess I have only just come here Mars. There were… some personal things I needed to do first. But as you can see, I am here now, and very eager to learn. I was more than adept at using Ice powers, but that is all I have known. I would love nothing more than to be shown how to harness the power of Earth." He looked at them both, for both had long ties with the pack and would between them, know pretty much everything that was needed to know.

"It's in his DNA"

Asceo Mars

[ Reply ]