pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Autumn Icon © UnoleSpirit
Current Layout Image © Dee & Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
burned out [death]
Posted 11-10-2017, 08:32 PM |
Veranthe
Fire Pup
Male, 1.25
Endomorph
20/37 in, 30/136 lbs
0 ep
© Intricate
Veranthe hobbled through the desert on weary legs. His gray fur was matted with dust and debris, unkempt for what must have been moons. No one had noticed his disappearance, no one had been there to welcome him home. Open scabs covered his paws and tail from where he had begun to chew on them absent-mindedly in his wanderings. There was nothing for him in Fire. His mother had almost never spoken to him, his father he had never met, and his brother, whose name who could no longer remember, had been out of his life for seasons. He was not raised by any. The only wolves who had meaningful interaction with him had been Nicharion and his brother, both who were not friends, and only had toyed with him when he was a pup. Lyonesse was the only one who had ever mattered to him, and even she was nowhere to be found. He spent weeks searching for her, only to be met with disappointment and empty trails.

He coughed so hard his whole body shook. Stumbling forward, the ragged bone-thin wolf fell to the ground with the taste of red sand in his dry mouth. None of it mattered anymore. His life had been bereft of love and friendship. He felt no loyalty to the pack who never even knew he existed, especially not when the only ones he had cared for couldn't be scented anywhere that he had walked. Veranthe began choking on his own breath. It reeked of sickness. His limbs felt incredibly weak as he closed his blue and violet eyes for the last time.

It is in death that I find solace, he thought as Veranthe's life slipped away from him.

Finally had enough muse for him to kill him off, but since he still had some family left in Fire, I thought I'd at least post this in case they wanted to react his death. He died of pneumonia.

[Image: 32883903984_c30f306885.jpg]

{Plots} {Thread Tracker} {Studio} {Graphics}

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-13-2017, 10:45 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.00
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; Pidgeon felt she needed to be here. Something pulled her to this place, as though she had left something. Her yellow eyes scour the desert, and her gaze is met with another.

It was a boy, no more than a year. He was covered and plastered in mud, and wounds and scars covered his body. She could smell the sickness on him, but she did not leave. "You will not die alone. I will stay with you until your soul leaves your pelt. The Gods have chosen your fate, but I feel there is still more for you up in the heavens." Her words are gentle, soothing.

Pidgeon approached him with her tail tucked to her side, a clear sign that she meant no harm. She padded up to the boy, and not really knowing how he would respond, curled up next to him. Her eyes met his, and she held the gaze until she felt him slowly giving away. Her tongue brushed his cheek and she murmured a prayer.

"May your journey be swift and painless to the heavens. May Hoshiko and your ancestors guide you safely to the place of souls."

speak think
Veranthe

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-14-2017, 04:01 AM | This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 05:13 AM by Pumpkin
Fire
Pumpkin
Fire Scout
Female, 1.00
Mesomorph
30 in, 100 (current) 110(a) lbs
ep
© Aubers
(Sorry, got home and my comp had crashed; but I got it back up and running ^_^6)

She had been patrolling the borders when the scent of disease and death wafted over the dunes and into her senses. It clutched at her unresolved issues; squeezed her locked down emotions and caused her limbs to shift into a run. There. She crested a dune and saw them; a fire pup and a stranger and her voice rose in a howl; calling for the council. Vaitan , Lilith , Lyonesse and Tillyons and whomever else might be anywhere close. Call made; she started to close the distance. Hind legs letting her slide down the sands even as her ears pinned back and her pumpkin eyes narrowed. Death. She could smell it... again. She could hear the shrieks of pain; the urgency electric in the air. She didn't know this stranger; but she was a reaper. She was death; curled up there and taking her packmate away. Her incoming momentum would have left plenty of room for the earth lass to react but as her lips snarled back and her hackles bristled she was a boulder rolling down a mountain. She would not be stopped. She came in; aiming to slam into Pidge with her left shoulder; her voice a rage and loss she could no longer lock down. "Giv'em back Death!" In her mind; her memories; this lass was taking the full brunt of all the loss she'd had in her life and she was done running. Fangs flashed; snaps aimed at Pidge's left rib area as she tried to maneuver and situate herself between death and the dead boy. Give him back; them all back... all of the garden patch that had been reaped and harvested by death. Give them all back.

Pumpkin x Pidge
move 1 out of 3
reason: misunderstanding spar
elements: up to you

(also I'm pretty sure the fight will get broken up once the adults arrive so if you don't wanna deal with it that's fine too :D )

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-15-2017, 09:02 AM |
Fire
Lilith
Fire Beta
Female, 2.00
Endomorph
33 in, 130 lbs
57 ep
© Renee
Death.

The air stank of it and unfamiliarity alike. It was one of the things in life she’d yet to experience personably, having never entirely lost an individual she cared for. There was a callous there, a hardened shell as she is almost blank when it comes to the matters of the reaper - they’d all die sometime, anyway, right? It wouldn’t take long to find the origin, either, as a boy lay newly deceased as a member of the earth pack would lay at his side. For a moment, the blonde matron would merely watch, quietly examining from a fair distance, uncaring if she is noticed - after all, the desert did belong to the wolves of fire. The half tail of the bitch snaps in meager dominance, establishing her authority from afar, but also allowing them their moments of peace.

Except… when it seems to have ended, there is a familiar girl making a run for it towards Pidge - she cannot quite make out the figure at first nor Pumpkin’s attentions, but once it is clear, the beta female is quick to react. The blonde springs off previously coiled hindquarters as her stout body begins to quickly pick up speed, calloused toes flinging grains of hot sand behind her ( as even in the cool months, the desert maintained its warmth! ). The distance between them is not so great that she could not meet half-way with Pumpkin ( which would be Pidge ), Lilith hopes to separate the two and meet Pumpkin's jaws herself, to allow her friend to bare into the flesh of her own ribcage rather than that of Pidge's.

Lilith vs Pidge
Trying to break it up

Pidge

credit @RussianBlues of DA.
recolored by Kiwi.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-15-2017, 05:21 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 5.75
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
551 ep
© Jamie

Pumpkin. He knew her voice, and instantly his paws pivoted in the sand. He turned course from the Oasis to the edge of their kingdom, to where Pumpkin's voice rang with urgency and the air felt eerily still. From a distance, the stench of death reeked in the beast's nostrils. Not because the boy was festering, or because his corpse had baked in the sun. No, even before death's cold claws wrapped around Veranthe's frame, Vaitan could smell the life leaving his body. It was primal, the basest of animal instincts: death warded away the living with whispers of warning. Run.

Vaitan, of course, did not run away. Driven by curiosity, duty and urgency, the Fire Alpha surged forward until the congregation was in sight. He saw the grey form plastered in the dust, hard and unmoving. His keen eyes shifted quickly from the dead boy to Pumpkin, who was leaping angrily at an unknown Earth wolf; in another instant, Lilith was attempting to jump between them. Vaitan absorbed it all quickly, and with an aura of authority, he thundered, "Stop!" The beast slowed to a halt as he watched the altercation play out, his tail raised high over his back and his forearms spread wide.

If no one was seriously harmed, he would then prowl forward, protectively attempting to place himself over Veranthe's body. The Earth female bore no signs of aggression, but hadn't Pumpkin attacked for a reason? "Do you know this boy?" he addressed the Earth female, his voice calm but stern. Wolves weren't allowed to wander into the Torrid without permission. His scent-markers should have told her that. However, if she was merely trying to help, he wouldn't damn her for her good intentions. After eying her carefully for a moment, Vaitan glanced down at Veranthe's body. "Tch." He scowled, the corners of his lips turning downward. His eyes narrowed, but it was difficult to tell which emotions coursed through his secretive heart.

Before addressing anything else, Vaitan lifted his maw and called for Sentry. Veranthe was her son. Whatever happened, it was her business before it was anyone else's. She deserved to know.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-15-2017, 06:25 PM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
104 ep
© Lou
My Pumpkin.. thundering paws, the sand lifting in clear air as she moves quickly across those golden dunes. The call terrified her, a numbess that bleeds into her soul as she pivots and darts towards it. please be okay... the smell of death hits her in the face just as the lot of them come into view, a body lies against the sand, there's a scuffle of fur and debris and then there is Vaitan. "What in Akako's name...." but she trails off as she comes closer, as her nephew gains her full attention, as the cracks in her heart tear even further. "Veranthe..." and her voice crumbles to ash before her very eyes, her hackles stuck upright beside that iconic mohawk of steel grey. Another family member gone, the line of verien-musai breaking. It shatters her. Lips raise at the Earth wolf beside him as she crawls into cradle her nephew, a hushed whimper on her tongue as the warmth of her breath embraces his lifeless cheek. Vaitan calls for Sentry somewhere behind her, and in her throat she feels a closure as pressure strangled away her tears. "Pumpkin..." she whispers, "come away. Come send your cousin off." and charteuse eyes lift to find her daughter, ears tucking to her head not out of aggression; but sadness. "He is with grandma now."

Pumpkin

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-16-2017, 09:14 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 2.75
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

mars might have worried a little about his new recruits, so from the gaia, he watched them travel. he followed sometimes, but he really meant to catch up with pidge. but, her paw steps lead her past the borders of the desert, and mars was slowed today, his bones were so tired. but, his endurance stood out, he kept the pace of his walk and stride for awhile, not even out of breath. tuffs of hair were still missing from his legs, sores regrowing in their place. his mouth almost full of drool, it dripped somewhat, he was so hungry for meat. the thought had crossed his mind of wolf, but when that thought came into his head, he ran, he ran until he could not think about anything else rather than the thought of being able to breath. he thought that maybe it was in his genes, for his family taught him so many wrong things. maybe they were just uprooting now, and mars would run from them as long as he could, until his heart gave out. he would never hurt another. but now, his mind was set on his wolf that had passed the torrid desert's borders. his hazel eyes narrow. as his paws press into the sands of the desert, something sings in his head, 'oh god of war~!' it hums, chanting, the sand making him remember the harsh sands of where he grew up. the chanting is loud, and mars growls, jaws snapping, walking further down the sands before he sees the group- seeing vaitan already there, and another arriving. mars pulls himself together, clearing his throat as he moves closer to them, giving that charming smile, head bowed with embarrassment.

"vaitan.. i truly apologize for this. pidge is new." his head is bowed, tail tucked as he moved to the man, almost a foot away. "i sincerely do. we can depart." he looks to the earthen woman, giving a shake of his head to motion for her to his side. "pidge, these are fire lands." he speaks, clearing his throat as he sees the dead, eyes almost watering from the sight- it reminds him too much of his family, so he turns away from the scene.

Pidge & Vaitan

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 7 hours ago | This post was last modified: 7 hours ago by Pidge
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.00
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; Peacefulness no longer filled the sand-place. Pidgeon felt a disturbance and lifted her head, only to see what looked like a brownish flury fling at her. She had heard the snarl too late. The woman was knocked over, but her body twisted and contorted, and she landed on her feet. She could tell this wolf was going to bite straight into her, and she tried to turn her body to dodge to move, but it was not needed. Another body pushed in between her and the attacker, and for a moment the woman is speechless. Why is she trying to attack me? Who is this runt that dares disturb the passing of the child?

Another wolf arrives, and Pidgeon quickly links everything together. Each of the wolves smelled of the same scent and wore the same red necklace. You mouse-brained fool! You trespassed into someone territory!

"Do you know this boy?" She pauses for a moment, waiting until her voice was steady. "No... No, sir. I just felt like I was caught in something. I found him dyi-- Passing and thought it would be the right thing to do to sit with him until he passed. No one wants to leave the world alone." Her ears flick back and her tail plasters to her rump.

"I did not know I was trespassing. I must have ignored the scent mark. I'm not sure." The woman stops for a second and thinks. Had she completely ignored the smell over the scent of death and illness? Why hadn't she noticed it before?

"It's no excuse, but I'm new to Doutaini and-" She is cut off by the arrival of Mars. Her jaws gape and her eyes widen. Her body sinks to the ground and her head lowers. Her belly brushes the ground as she enters a submissive pose.

She wouldn't have cared if she had been shaved naked and stood in front of a million wolves, but to be caught by Mars, the person she absolutely wanted to be? Her body ached with shame and guilt. Her eyes sunk low into the ground, and she could feel his eyes bore into her.

speak think
Mars, Lilith, Pumpkin, Vaitan, and Lyonesse

[ Reply ]

Posted 1 hour ago |
Fire
Pumpkin
Fire Scout
Female, 1.00
Mesomorph
30 in, 100 (current) 110(a) lbs
ep
© Aubers

Reap and sow; wilt and wither
the cycle of life lingers in the pumpkin patch

Her body connected but before she could confront death; before she could demand all the souls it'd taken from her be returned there was something else. Someone else. Lilith had jumped between them but it was too late to stop the snapping of her jaws. She tried though. She tried to avert her head; perhaps enough to lighten the damage and and turn the bite into more of a glancing blow? A lot of that depended on how much Lilith pushed death to the side as well. Others arrived... Vaitan's stop shouted in the air mingled with Liliths smell and the words of her mother. Blood thrummed in her ears; her heart pounded as she trembled with rage a moment more. As every ones words slowly sunk in and the world cleansed itself of the taint of red. Her defensives fell; her body turned and pressed tight against Lyonesse's side as she whimpered; crouched. Reality came back to her as Mars showed up and death- no. The wolf named Pidge started her own set of sorries. "I thought-" (deep breaths; calm yourself) "I thought she was death; taking him away and I though if I stopped her maybe she'd give him back... maybe she'd give all of em back." Her voice was quiet; mutters mostly for her momma's ears as she gave a gentle lick to Veranthe's cheek and then her Nessy's chin before she stood. She'd made a mistake. Steps brought her over towards Pidge; but there was no aggression in it this time as she crouched into her own lowered stance to try and look the woman in the eyes. "I misread the situation miss Pidge; I'm sorry." How silly of her to think she could defeat death. She wasn't sure what had come over her. Now it was up to Vaitan and Mars to decide the next steps.

Lilith Vaitan Mars Lyonesse Pidge
(if you would rather I just ping if it's directly your turn instead of the whole group just let me know ^_^)

[ Reply ]