pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Autumn Icon © UnoleSpirit
Current Layout Image © Dee & Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Private Cutting Teeth [Jericho]
Posted 11-09-2017, 08:01 AM |
Lazarus
Rogue
Male, 2.00
Endomorph
38 in in, 130 lbs lbs
ep
© Virgo
Lazarus Leviathan
Time stands still, the way it did before

He has only made his way just outside the pits, unbeknown to him, finding his way into Devil's Ruins. The place seems just as bare as the last. Well, maybe not quite as bare. He thinks as those pale eyes scour over the crumbling ruins some of which are softly brushed with pigments of failing greenery growing amongst it's stone rubble. He wonders if this was once a grand temple; a place of worship that had long ago seen glory. Lazarus slithers about, dull nails cutting at the cold, dry ground.

Deeper and deeper he wanders, finding himself in an open arena like structure. His eyes are no stranger to the both fresh and old blood stains that mar the earth, leading him to believe this a place of violence. This knowledge causes the hair between his shoulders to bristle slightly; half anticipation, half unease at what else may he find. Paws plant themselves firmly into the dirt between two tall pillars that have yet to fully crumble under the weight of time. His eyes are ever vigilant, scanning his surroundings constantly. Ears are left on a swivel as his tail flags upward, legs slightly spread and bent to aid in his balance if need be.

A single loud bark ejects from his throat, bouncing across the barren landscape; summoning someone-- anyone, who may want to tango. Originally this hadn't been the plan, but the man decided what better way to warm the blood in such cold weather than a harmless, friendly fight?

It's like I'm sleepwalking

Jericho sorry it's so short, typing with a bandaged finger-- plus, i just woke up lol. I'll try to make my next post better. NO STATS ADDED JUST YET, AS THE SPAR ISN'T STARTED :P

"Speech." | Thinking

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-09-2017, 05:41 PM |
Jericho
Rogue
Male, 1.75
Meso-fighter
34 in, 120 lbs
25 ep
© Wager

The day was short lived before Jericho found himself edging around the forest-fence of Doutainis very own battlegrounds. It was clear from the overwhelming tang of countless oozing injuries in times past, teeth and claws were readily barred here. A fact that only served to draw him out from the shadow of the trees and further into the temples crumbled sandstone ghost. The sun had yet to reach it’s peak and was spreading sharp, angled fingers over the earth. Even the desolate chill in the air seemed to warn against the exploration of this place. But what fun would it be to listen to such logic?

He continued drifting over rubble with a lowered head and a flagging tail, puffing at his surroundings for the mark of any current visitors. This search didn’t last very long before a deliberate bark rose up in invitation. Echos ears swiveled and didn’t hesitate to lead his body towards the source of the challenge. Strides became stretched and enthusiastic, nearly bouncing him into the proposed scuffle. Audits pressed back against the ruffled hackles of his neck and chin tucked closer to his chest as he approached. It was more instinct than experience that brought about his defenses now. Despite the lack of scars, he was nothing but eager to engage in this fun little game.

Echo didn’t stop moving until he was just a couple yards from the fellow male. Only then did his limbs space themselves for stability. Honey eyes grew slim, while his tail remained poised on his haunches. A mute snarl tried to clamber over his parted muzzle, though it was strangely twisted by the conflicting pull of a grin. “Looking to play?” he finally teased. The stranger was certainly larger than himself, but he wasn’t fazed by such a thing. There was no uncertainty, no fear, only excitement flooding through the young rogue. He didn’t falter this elated attention from the man who stood between the two resilient pillars before him.

Echo Vs. Lazarus
Friendly Spar
Round 0/3
Elements Unavailable [Rogues]
3 Days to respond

34" 120lbs.
Dodge Unused
Good Health

Lazarus - I don't know how quickly you want to start this, but I just threw up a standard set of stats. Feel free to change them if you’d like! :)

"Listen for the echo long after the mountains have crumbled.
Their ghosts might still have things to say."

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 09:59 AM |
Lazarus
Rogue
Male, 2.00
Endomorph
38 in in, 130 lbs lbs
ep
© Virgo
Lazarus Leviathan
Time stands still, the way it did before

He would not be kept waiting long it seemed, as the white colored male arrived on scene. Physically, he's smaller than Lazarus, but he knows that doesn't mean anything. The brute had seen giants fall at the paws of the small before. It was all about tact, mostly. A slow smile drags over his lips; both friendly and sinister at the same time. Of course he wanted to play, why else would he call out? "I think a friendly match would be harmless, he responds in a velvet laced voice; making it clear he wants no real maiming to come of their little dance together. As he spoke the male tucked his chin to guard that painfully soft throat from harm. His stance shifted in place, limbs widening, splayed paws firmly planted as dull nails cut the earth at the bending joints, shifting his weight behind him ready to charge. While his ears fell to the sides of his skull. Wouldn't want to have them ripped from his head in a bought of bad luck. Now his lips curl in a snarl; possible intimidation as he displays his case of sharp pearled weaponry, while the hackles rose along his spine. A move that made the male seem larger. Eyes narrow to keep the dust from entering his aqua eyes; in a place as dry as this, it was a possibility- and a chance he wouldn't be taking. Lazarus knew what to do when it came to fights. He'd had one or two in his past, certainly not a large tally but it was experience none the less.

There is a small pause between them as the aqua eyed man lets his gaze travel over his opponent, gauging out his possible weakness. Lazarus has size over him, but the smaller male likely has speed. He's gauging the distance between them which doesn't take long.

He's eager to start; to get the blood pumping. Lazarus pushes off with his hind legs, throwing his body forward in the start of a sprint; he's closing the distance between them, chin still tucked to aid in guarding his throat as he approaches the man who is *horizontal to him; head on. His direction changes suddenly as momentum gains, making his way to the mans left side so they are now facing each other at a T like angle (Echo being the top of the T and Lazarus being the line). When close enough for impact, he slides, angling his body parallel--so they are side to side, where Lazarus lowers his right shoulder slightly aiming(attempting) to slam it upwards into the opposing males left most side where impact may roughly land just behind the shoulder; hoping to knock his balance off or jar him in any extent while jaws simultaneously spread, as he reaches out hoping to catch the *brachiocephalicus region of his neck in a grasp so he may pull him toward the ground to gain an upper hand.

LAZARS vs. ECHO
Friendly spar
Moves One of three
No elements [rouges]
3 days to respond
38 in & 130 lbs
dodge UNUSED
Good health

[OOC]|: We can start now, forgive me for awkwardness, it's been a long time since I've done a proper spar-- I'm still learning. i hope it's clear, if you get confused, feel free to pm me & i can try to explain better *I'm assuming that they are facing one another head on, but correct me if i was wrong plz

[Damage]: If impact occurs, Lazarus will gain light to moderate bruising in his right shoulder.

It's like I'm sleepwalking

"Speech." | Thinking

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 09:07 PM |
Jericho
Rogue
Male, 1.75
Meso-fighter
34 in, 120 lbs
25 ep
© Wager

Jericho let out a chuckle at the man's smooth voice. One last word of his own was granted life before speaking was no longer relevant. “Agreed.” He continued to watch the defenses of the other form, trying to focus on the details of how Lazarus moved. The calculation running through his company was rather apparent, and he was not surprised by the challenger launching into an approaching sprint. A real snarl, at least as real as he could manage, was finally able to mimic his opponents. Limbs flex to bring down his center of gravity while plush hackles stand proudly along his upper half. Ears remain stoic in their pinned state and lively gaze is still narrowed in the face of the oncoming charge. Dark-edged tail tosses high once more before finding its way down and across his underbelly. He let his head raise slightly from where it had been tucked and lowered in order to study the assailant's approach. Echo didn’t know exactly what move he had expected the male to make, but it was certainly not the one about to occur.

As the threat of an impact and gaping jaws slid towards him, he started to lean into his haunches and reverse skitter out of the incomers path. He made the decision just in time to send the bite out in front of him, but only managed to shift where the blow took effect. The upward motion of Lazarus' shoulder rammed into the left side of his skull with a jerk of his neck. Having been kept just slightly ajar, his teeth were forced hard against each other. Salmon tongue was caught in their reunion and a wince shook his frame as a chunk was gauged out of the tender flesh. Another step brought him further back and his head gave a swift shake in an effort to clear the disorientation resulting from the force of the impact. Wounded tongue slid out testingly over his nose, leaving a thick crimson streak upon his lips. All of this came to pass within a short instant before he would retaliate against the stranger.

In hopes of catching the fellow rogue before they took away the close proximity of their back, Echo impulsively reared up and forward. He would try to strain or even buckle the others right hind knee joint by bringing his weight down upon it with his left forepaw. In unison with this, he would attempt to come over Lazarus' right hip and drive his open maw into the tissue on either side of the mans lower lumbar. Despite his efforts, the fog hadn't yet cleared from his mind and his aim would likely be skewered more towards the peak of the pelvis on the same side. If any purchase was made it would only be held for a few seconds before the twinge in his leaking mouth would force him to let go. Regardless of his success, bloody drool would easily be spread to the stranger wherever the two of them might have come close.

Echo Vs. Lazarus
Friendly Spar
Round 1/3
Elements Unavailable
3 Days To Respond

34"
120lbs.
Dodge Unused
Good Health

OOC - You're perfectly fine! I haven't done much RPing (never a spar), so I think I'm probably the awkward one. XD

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 10:22 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 2.75
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev
the king carries himself to the ruins, hearing the sound of two fighting. he may not be in the best of health, as others may have been able to tell by his fur falling from his body. small tuffs and sores growing in place of where his fur was. but, only in small places, such as his legs and underbelly. his ears fell to his head, a smell hitting his nose, he knew both of the scents as he carried himself closer. his paws stop at the edge of the ruins, watching the two. he sits himself, they were two rogues, not of much. but, mars gave a small chuckle, all irritation and worry running off of him like rain on flower petals, there is nothing, well, except the small pang of hunger in his stomach. but, otherwise, he watched the two go at each other in a friendly spar. his tail swishes from side to side, eyes wide as he watched every move, for he was curious to see who won. mars' eyes stay on the man he met in the forest not long ago, the one who called him a magician, the one who wanted to learn of herbs. mars picks himself up as he moves closer, to the small ruins away from the fight, he hops onto one as he watches, sitting himself again.

mars is spectating.

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 03:17 PM |
Lazarus
Rogue
Male, 2.00
Endomorph
38 in in, 130 lbs lbs
ep
© Virgo
Post coming monday

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-13-2017, 10:23 PM |
Lazarus
Rogue
Male, 2.00
Endomorph
38 in in, 130 lbs lbs
ep
© Virgo

CLICK! The sound of his teeth meeting the empty air; one of his targets missed. However the second landed, perhaps not where he'd liked, the upwards ramming motion connects with the other mans lower skull slamming that jaw shut. The impact from the hit blooms a deep ache in the muscle that becomes irritated as he moves to angle himself head on with the other so they wouldn't be side to side. His readjusting is fast enough to escapes Echo's attempts to smash his right hind leg. But His larger size slows him enough that he can't evade Echo's teeth cutting into the right side of his pelvis. It burns as the open flesh is greeted with cold air; pulsing as blood pools to the surface. Adrenaline floods his system as instinct forces him to throw his body around*(assuming echo is behind him?) Facing echo, his weight thrown into his hindlegs as he attempts to ram into the smaller wolf with his chest, chin tucked to protect his throat with all teeth displayed; he's hoping to knock echo down and stand over him in an act of dominance. The whole time he's reminding himself this is friendly and is doing his best to contain a slow building rage; trying to contain the beast that longs to rip and maim just to hear the screams of agony.

LAZARS vs. ECHO
Friendly spar
Moves TWO of three
No elements [rouges]
3 days to respond
38 in & 130 lbs
dodge UNUSED
Good health

[DAMAGE REPORT]|: Moderate bruising on his right shoulder, puncture wounds on the right side of his pelvis from Echo's teeth.

(Ooc note): short, wanted to get this up before my deadline, ended up rlly busy tonight.

"SPEECH"

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-14-2017, 11:19 PM |
Jericho
Rogue
Male, 1.75
Meso-fighter
34 in, 120 lbs
25 ep
© Wager

The momentum of Jericho's paw missed its target and hit the ground with a dull thud. His canines, however, found solace in the flesh of his opponent. Even though his claim fell atop bone rather than the more sensitive tissue he had strived for, an iron essence still rose beneath his nose. When Lazarus spun to face him, both of their blood stained his bared teeth. Echo thought it a rather strange taste - the solution of another wolf's heartbeat on his breath. He wasn't left to dwell on such a thing very long before the stranger was coming at him a second time. His limbs re-splayed and head dropped in preparation for this next impact. Ears were pinned and tail tucked for whatever protection he could get. The other male seemed more intent on sprawling him out in the dust now, and Jericho knew it wasn't going to feel too great when contact was made. He turned away -jaws held safely together- and crouched lower in order to give himself a shorter falling distance as the man's mass drove towards him.

Just as Lazarus' lower chest collided broadside with his right shoulder, the boy closed his eyes to conceal them from the inevitable upheaval of the dirt around them. For a short span, his proximity to the ground allowed him to be pushed upright away from the force, the already worn cracks in his pads catching and tearing wider on the sandstone. Even so, he couldn't hold his feet for long and a single strenuous role finally left him on his back, legs tucked close to his body and bristling hackles pressed reluctantly against his spine. A burst of hot air had been forced from his lungs and a series of sharp breaths immediately tried to regain the lost supply. Honey gaze broke open to find the fellow rogue standing over him. Having already tested the strength of his skull prior to the flip, dizziness made his vision and conscious spin. Pupils danced aimlessly over the masked brute for several moments until the daze had cleared enough to regain himself properly.

His face had turned stoic during the tumble, but for a moment, a smile appeared to toy with his features. He chuckled playfully up at the man as if he couldn't feel the tension, as if he couldn't see the deep fire in Lazarus' eyes. His sparring partner had clearly been in less casual brawls before. "Careful now. Do not let the little devils loose," Echo inwardly teased. Not wanting to get caught up in his own gimmicks, he tossed this thought aside hardly before it had time to fully exist. Amusement was temporarily swallowed back and a calculative stare rolled over his opponents underside. With a quirked, silent snarl taking over, the late yearling made an attempt to shove his hind legs with as much force as he could muster into the man's gut just behind where the ribs tapered off. He would aim to move or otherwise stall the man enough to twist out from underneath Lazarus' left side and shoot back to his feet, spinning his rear end away as quickly as he could in hopes of squaring off against his company once more.

Echo Vs. Lazarus
Friendly Spar
Round 2/3
Elements Unavailable
3 Days To Respond

34"
120lbs.
Dodge Unused
Good Health

OOC - I wasn't sure on the specifics of Lazarus' placement over Echo so I made some assumptions. Feel free to correct anything that is out of order.

[ Reply ]