pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
the adder's bite [Aderchop]
Posted 11-08-2017, 07:51 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi
ruellia
i've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night

Morning found the Queen draped elegantly along the summit. A well-muscled leg dangles over the edge, waving back and forth in a rhythm known only to herself. The clouds coated the sky, heavy and thick, threatening to spill on her- though she seemed unfazed by the possibility. Below, a thick fog rolls along the near dead trees, and it is this wonder that holds Ruellia rapt. There was beauty in the death of the land, the fourth she'd experienced since her birth in spring. Usually, Rue loathed cold weather- even if her coat this year had grown the thickest it had ever been. She preferred to bask in the much needed sun, to bathe beneath warm rain and nap under a star-filled sky. Despite this, the day found her in high spirits, and the gloom of the world managed to sedate rather than irritate.

She yawns, widely and with a high squeak before snapping her jaws shut. Her head shakes, roughly, with hopes to rid herself of the heaviness that made her feel sleepy. "I think," Rue says aloud, to no one, her voice loud with forced energy, "I need some company." A nod of confirmation is given to herself before her bell-bright voice would fill the cliffs; an invitation to one of her nearby wolves- if there were any. She let's it play a while longer than needed, enjoying the way her alto tones reverberated off the edges and collided with the fog. The rain comes, as if summoned, by the end of her gentle, eerie song. A fine mist at first, quickly coating the cliffs in a color darker.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Aderchop
ooc:: hope you don't mind, wanted a thread with Ader for awhile! Respond whenever, no rush if you're swamped!

[Image: EinF1lS.jpg]

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 10:53 AM |
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.50
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
86 ep
© Sphinx
He had been stalking for mice, eyes downturned upon the greyed grass of the moors, when he had heard the call. That haunting and beautiful chiming sound, alto and at one with the echoes which take it in their wings and allow it to reverberate.
With the call comes mist and rain, and with the call comes gloom further yet than that which the day had already worn; and with the call comes the snake king, trotting up on nimble, silent feet, eyes seeking his Queen.

And he finds her, a pale shape glimmering inwardly on the edge of a lip of the summits. It is as if time spent in the dark has refined the light by which she was fashioned or which dwells within her, so now she glows, a white star pressed into life and breath upon the land, and smiling in a queenly sort of way.
She faces him not, but despite the earliness of the morning she appears quite upright where she lays, leg dangling, ears pricked, chill breezes spanning through her fur.
Aderchop sidles up o'er the remainder of the steep land which leads to this part of it, and stands at a long distance from Ruellia. He is certain of her identity, for his amulet seems to ring silently, a purple fibre of some sort beckoning him in his skull, willing him forward.

The morning dons a misty cloak, and the sky is white and grey. Grass dewy with rain passed, and now wet with rain anew, renders Aderchop's feet quite numb, but the cold is better to him than heat. His frame is noticeably leaner than usual, ribs quite easily distinguished from each other, eyes wide, sockets dark. Worse still are these strange feelings he keeps getting, and these visions and queer delusions flitting across his mind. Upon awakening earlier, his chin had lain in a pool of cold saliva, a foul taste clasping his tongue.
He blinks hard, shaking himself from a short trance which had crept subtle fingers around his head.

“You called, my Queen?”
Ambling but a few steps closer, he stands perhaps five or six metres from her, wary of coming too near lest she become uneasy at his being close behind her while she lays in so precarious a position. “Or were you simply testing your voice?” If she should turn he would bow low, lips forming a thin smile.
Behind his eyes, wide and green, there claw and scratch a million black snakes, hissing and hissing and hissing., and one eye twitches in his inward efforts to expel them, dismiss them, but still they whine with the petulance of mad children, crowing for attention.

push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her push her

”speech” thought

notes: EXCITED FOR THIS THREAD
tags: Ruellia

Ever eating, never cloying,
All-devouring, all-destroying,
Never finding full repast,
Until I eat the world at last.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-13-2017, 12:02 AM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi
ruellia

The smell of rain dims her five senses, but her sixth remains fully intact. Ruellia's psyche stretches out, reaching for a fellow enigmatic mind with which to leech to. She found the act of connection helped dull the ache that had long become mere background noise; she'd long come to terms with the toxicity of their magic. As she sang. her thoughts drifted to the possible encounter, imagining who it would be to grace her presence on this rather auspicious day. Could it be sweet Yvie, her voice light and relaxing, exchanging memories of happier times? Or, perhaps, it would be her dear Jester, his silken presence leaving an oil-slick across her psyche that left her wanting more, more, more? It would be better, she thinks, if one of the others found her; the others being those she herself did not hold a claim to. Young Xaviere, or cautiously sweet Ophelia.

The threads of her sixth sense seems to thrum with dissonance, and she knows her solitude broken. It is unfamiliar, not in the fact that it was enigma (for that, to her, was obvious) but in knowing. Ruellia knew those she held close to her well, their minds labyrinths long solved. This one is a mystery to her, and she can feel the fur around her nape raise with excitement (or was it fear?). The queen doesn't move, not to face him nor to greet him, but her auds prick in Aderchop's direction as he shakes himself from his unraveling mind. (She can sense it, now familiar in those with Kurai's gem, the insanity.) It's only when he speaks that she would move, leaning back from the edge and peering at him from upside down, tongue lolling with a cheshire grin set widely in place. "Can't it be both?" Sea-foam eyes would grasp the poisonous hue, and she can hear it; push her push her push her.

She is delighted! Ruellia cackles, the sound as strained as her neck was in this position before she leans back into her former stance; lain upright with paw stretched over the world. "It would be interesting, wouldn't it?" The Queen doesn't face him, and her voice is a mysterious purr. "Push her, push her, push her~." She turns his inner thoughts into a song, teasing and light, almost childish. A test. It was always, always, a test.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Aderchop

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-13-2017, 02:43 AM | This post was last modified: 11-13-2017, 02:43 AM by Aderchop
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.50
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
86 ep
© Sphinx
Rain's scent seeps in streaks into his wiry pelt, the cold finding no satisfaction in vanquishing heat from his body as scarcely had any been there in the first place. A shell of a man, writhing with thought, madness a veil over his mind, glinting in his eyes beyond his control.
He watches his Queen when she rolls briefly to face him and smile, and he smiles back thinly. He doesn't try to make it reach his eyes, he knows it'd look false. Besides, she'd be able to tell from the strain of his brain anyway.

There is something else she can tell; and she takes his wicked train of subconscious thought and tugs it into her own hands, toying with it and repeating it in a singsong voice.

The snake king's smile falters, but he does not frown. To apologise? To his Queen? She does not appear openly upset about uprooting this instinctual body of words in his head, and neither does the taste of distress buzz in her psychic aura, as far as Aderchop is aware - though there is something electric like fear which stings in the air even through the rain, something excitable, like a child coming across a pit of serpents.

Swaying ever so slightly from side to side where he stands rooted, he watches the back of her head, still feeling her sea-foam eyes on him even as she looks away.
”What a morbid thing for you to consider,” he replies, a corner of his mouth twitching in a jesting smirk. With the Queen of mind games, surely one must be able to play? ”I don't know, your Majesty. It might be terribly boring to have to listen to all the tears afterwards.” Eyes fixed upon her, dull and yet unmoving, seldom blinking, he stands with craned neck and unreadable expression, yet past his skull the Queen should be able to pluck at the fibres of thought which mutter, run away run away she shall see you are MAD, my liege, for you are, you are, you are!
Following this sparking of uncontrolled thought, Aderchop visibly twitches, one eyelid flickering, and following it he flicks out a tongue to wet his dry lips.
Mind games between a serpent and a queen; neither truly knows whether it shall end in laughter or in blood. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

”speech” thought

notes: oh SHIT
tags:Ruellia
table credit to dee from doutaini

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-15-2017, 07:42 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi
ruellia

Her eyes are closed, but Aderchop wouldn't know. She continues to face away, her world swathed with darkness that made seeing so much easier. Ruellia pokes and prods inside Aderchop's mind, feeling the darkest corners that seemed so vibrant tonight. (It'd been there at the meeting, lurking, but tonight seems rampant, and she wonders, briefly, if the change is Kurai's influence.) The dark man seemed to walk the thin line between sanity and stark, raving madness, his very aura was unpredictable. A lesser woman, perhaps, would have felt more than just the idle fear lacing her coat, but Ruellia Volos-Tzarani was no lesser woman. She had the profound fortune of finding her purpose rather early on in life. Her purpose was them, the wolves with the enigmatic cowl, and, of course, him, the God whose darkness helped to nurture the seed within them all. Enigma was the place that accepted them all, the odd, the lame, the crazy. Her family of darkling wolves included the wolf swaying one fatal leap behind.

Her tune ends in a hum, her tail twitching, cat-like, to the rhythm. Still she does not look at him, instead, she looks through him, her movements becoming sluggish as she peered through his world. His words, however, push Rue back into her own mind, and a laugh bubbles, childlike, from her throat. "Tears, oh yes, enough to flood the Caverns. But rage, too, of the, ah, fiery kind." Again that carefree laughter, again she sways precariously against the edge of the world before, suddenly, pulling herself up and around. Ruellia faces him from the side now, her fore and hind paws dancing against the cliff-edge. "But you say that as though you could," there's a coyness in the way she voices this, and her lips curved into that insufferable cheshire smile once. She is their keeper, yes, but even a Queen liked to play. "Could push me, could kill me. I wonder..."

Rocks fell from beneath her paws as she kicked them over the edge, leaving her hind paw floating over the edge as she eyed Aderchop. Ruellia knows the danger, and, from the taste in the air, she enjoyed it. But she couldn't help the desire to press, to prod, to dig beneath the skin and learn what it was that made him tick.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Aderchop

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-18-2017, 03:57 PM |
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.50
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
86 ep
© Sphinx
Ruellia's head is still, her muscles not tense but unmoving. Aderchop, watching her always, staring into the back of her head directly where her eyes would be on the other side, supposes that she must be deep in thought, likely poking around in his head, rifling through the contents. Something in him twinges, a peculiar thing feeling almost like a sting*. His temples ache, and he screws up his face for a moment and hisses quietly through his teeth.
The Queen laughs, childish, bubbly, agreeing with the suggestion that the whole of Enigma should be devastated, should she mysteriously pass away. His neutral expression having been restored, he smiles wanly again, still swaying a little.
”Oceans, oceans, oceans...” he almost whispers, voice lilting, eyes still fixed upon the Queen yet mind teetering on the line of consciousness, tentacles of his brain gently sweeping the pale waters of daydream. Then, blinking once, he says to her in a voice more focused, ”I suppose I should have to go moaning back to the caverns to deliver the tragic news, that I had witnessed the Queen falling to her death in her sleep upon the edge of the world.” Tilting his head, he exposes his front teeth in a humourless smile. ”In fact, it would be better not to, would it not? for those of our gem can taste the salt of lies. They should have to dwell in frantic mystery forever. The poor souls.”

The wind had been still, yet now in a sharp, pointed rush, it whistles once before the serpent king's wide eyes and makes them water. His body convulses once in a violent shudder, and he blinks hard and straightens himself where he had cringed slightly.
He is weak.
It is clearly visible, quite pathetically so. Sick, he is. He is bitter with the scent of it. Dark rings around his eyes are alarming in their contrast with his white scleras. Cheeks sallow and malnourished, pallid and cadaverous. His legs, long and stickish, could be broken with half an effort from the healthy and pearlescent Queen. The latter has snapped her precariously swaying body back from the edge upon which she had danced, in one quick motion, breakneck and quietly lethal, should such force be applied in other circumstances.

'But you say that as though you could. Could push me, could kill me. I wonder...'
Aderchop's smile fades to a straight line. There is nothing pregnant in its departure. His features are purely dead, a single glint in his eye.
”Do you?” The question only vaguely lilts at the end, hardly even a question; his tone has deadpanned, face stony. His aura crackles with unpredictability.

In the grass, his claws, abnormally long and ragged black, clutch tighter to the ground. He has stopped swaying.

Drawing in a quick intake of breath, his eyes suddenly spring wide again, and he announces, ”My claws have grown.” He paws the ground, flicking his gaze to them. ”Yes.” Looking up at her, neck craned, he stares for a moment like a curious child, features clean cut and eyes hungering for some answer or another. ”They were but a tooth's length, only a week or two ago. Now, they are as my ears are, almost. Half, maybe. More.” He speaks in a voice perhaps a little higher than usual, no usual slow, carefully picked purpose or questioning in his words. Only statements, like a boy whose dog has started coughing blood, and he is noting each new change that comes over it.
”Our pack speaks always of Kurai. Is he too of sickness, as he is of dark? I think I'm coming down with something.” He straightens his neck again, and stops pawing, now standing rooted again once more, though leaning ever so slightly forward, eyes locked. ”Is he of questions? Does he ever answer you? Have you spoken to him? I don't care. I don't.” The last words are snapped, out of nowhere, no malice even in them, but his teeth click on the air when he speaks them, and then he abruptly turns his head, breaking eye contact for the first time, and looks out over the edge.

The clock keeps ticking. One arm appears to go backwards, and it's making a strange scraping noise with each movement it makes.

”I could kill you.” Aderchop's voice is at its normal tone once more. Slow. Hissing. Calculating. ”Yet, should you allow me to? Are you not tired?”

”speech” thought

notes: *due to his illness, he is vulnerable to water, ice and enigma powers. also holy shit im sorry u have to see this side of him rue
tags:Ruellia

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-26-2017, 03:40 AM |
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.50
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
86 ep
© Sphinx
teeny tiny poke for Ruellia <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-26-2017, 09:27 PM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi
ruellia

Whirling around, she caught the scent of sickness that left a bitter taste on her tongue before she saw it. Clear as day upon Aderchop's facade, the sick, the rot of illness that drew heavy lines and creases on his face. His words left an uncomfortable twitch to her hackles that threatened to rise, but she only laughs gently in response, shoulders rising and falling in an almost dancing manner. She watches him with those enigmatic, ocean eyes, (stare into the abyss) and stretches, again, her mind's eye. His sickness is clear, and as she touches the edges of his psyche, she can feel it there, too. Digging deep into him, making a home there. He is mad, yes, from birth- no doubt, but this sickness raged and fed it. This frightens the Queen. Madness alone she could deal with, after all, she was the keeper of Doutaini's crazies. But something dark and poisonous had seeped into Aderchop.

The wind howls fervently, sweeping Ruellia's fur into a disheveled mess as she teetered on the edge of the world. She stares at the enigmite, head cocked and silent. Waiting. 'My claws have grown.' Her brows furrows, but she follows his gaze down to them, her curiosity insatiable even in this moment of strange trepidation. He was right, and she finds herself craning forward to get a better look. (Her father would, also, be curious. What illness was this, that wracked the mind with insanity and turned a wolf into a demon?) Her face is unreadable as he rambles, eyes still stuck to his too-long claws until the snapping of his teeth drew her enigmatic gaze back to his dark-circled eyes. His insistence of not caring reminds her of a child, and a grin fills her lips with unspoken laughter. "Perhaps Kurai himself has crawled inside of you, have you asked yourself?" Ruellia speaks in lilting tones, seemingly carefree despite the gravity of the situation.

Her black-tipped tail is caressed by the wind, swaying high above. Her stance is lackadaisical to the unobservant eye, but the watchful would note the way her claws dug into the ground, the way she held her tail erect and muscles tensed beneath her pristine fur. Ruellia is no fool, she knows the danger that lurked in this most unusual scene. But she is cheshire, enjoying the danger as she had enjoyed resting against the edge of the world. Playing with knives. She yawns, exaggerated, in response to his hissing words. "More tired than you know." And this is spoken with whispered urgency, her eyes boring into his, challenging, questioning. She takes a single step forward, head lowered as she continues, "Only two men may take my soul; My husband and Kurai." A pause as her oceanic eyes devour his sickened frame, from tail to ear-tip. "Is Kurai inside of you, Aderchop?"

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Aderchop

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-01-2017, 04:38 AM | This post was last modified: 12-07-2017, 02:49 AM by Aderchop
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.50
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
86 ep
© Sphinx
Following that strange childish outburst of snapping tooth, Aderchop watches the Queen with a glazed over look, pale eyes glaring yet not quite malicious. Weird and unreadable, even his thoughts stutter to a mere pulse of occasional repeated words without meaning.

Alive. Alive. Alive. Not. Yes. Alive. Perhaps.

"Perhaps Kurai himself has crawled inside of you, have you asked yourself?"
His face twists coldly, that childish fibre returning for a moment as he sneers, ”You say you are Queen beneath him. Perhaps you should ask him, Your Majesty.”
Then, it is gone. That childish self slips back into the past long shrouded in darkness, and his face falls back to its former pallid languor, breath shuddering behind his teeth as his eyes linger away from Ruellia's and drift to look out over the edge of the summit. When she speaks again, they flicker back, and watch how her claws dig into the ground beneath her, demonstrating how her bold statement on who exactly may take her soul is not held with firm belief within her.

"Is Kurai inside of you, Aderchop?"
”Do you believe that he is?” Here, his eyes snap back upon hers, and a sickly smile spreads, the same smile he had given once to the ruffled child in the cavern, and to those who had greeted him at the meeting in the Crypt of Melodies. ”If you do...” - the sly glint in his eyes here glitters - ”..Then that must mean that I have your permission to, how did you put it, take your soul?” Aderchop grins, taking one slow step forward, then another, scraping those unnaturally long black claws through the cold-hardened earth as he does. ”I do not believe in a soul. Of course, it is all very poetic, but people do not look that different when they are dead to how they did when they were alive.”

The vision of a mother, mad-eyed and still on the cold stone of the cave floor. A boy grown in dark and madness stands with red tooth. Her eyes will cure that twanging hunger.

Does he truly intend to push her? The knotted recesses of his mind at this point provide no true answer for any who might wish to probe for one. Should she come at him with rippling muscle, he, the sickly serpent, should collapse in surrender upon the grass.
But he has killed before. To stop a heart, he is very capable.
The sensation in the pit of his stomach he can already anticipate, at the idea of the white star, Queen of crystal and smiles, plummeting into the abyss, the black jaws of the reptilian beast.
He ponders on that stranger in the meadows, the woman of soft crimson eye and tremulous demeanor. Die rote Blume, Elf. He remembers that fantasy of her gentle bones breaking upon the rocks of the cliff upon which he imagined her frail body to rest.
So, how breaketh the bones of a Queen?

”speech” thought

notes: ehhh this is crappy sorry
tags: Ruellia

table credits to dee <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 01-11-2018, 12:50 AM |
Enigma
Ruellia
Enigma Alpha
Female, 5.00
Meso-fighter
33 in, 115 lbs
371 ep
© Xechi
ruellia

She is struck by the emptiness in his eyes. Emptier than even Mercury's, whose held no sight. His face was interesting, of course, angular in a fashion not often seen in Doutaini, but it was his eyes that held her struck. His mind was a stuttering confusion of emotion and words that slammed violently against Ruellia's aching psyche. Yet, his eyes were free of the war she felt waging within. Set in anger, in a glare, though there was no feeling to it. Until. His face creases into a childish fibre and she thinks to herself, 'There. That's the Adder.' Ruellia laughs in the face of his childish outburst, and her cheshire grin widens in humor as she responds with her own mimicry of childishness, "Queen beneath, not above; who am I to say what he does?" Again, she cackles, filling the silence with sound so she might avoid staring into the abyss. Until, that is, he steps forward, question preceding him. Her laughter stops short, and the Cheshire falls from her lips so that her face went porcelain and stoic.

His claws raking the stone sent shivers down her spine. Her hackles responded by standing sharply along her neck, extenuating her thick, winter coat. She knew the smile that spread across his lips to be madness, and it only excited her. 'Try me', the shadow queen thought, 'I am the keeper of madness.' She does not fear, not even when he stands before her, his thoughts whirling with murder and the sounds of bones break. He speaks, and she laughs loudly, forced out from 'neath her stoic guise, and directly into his face. "Then you haven't been here long enough! My mother became the obelisk in Enigma, and my son had life returned to him by the Gods." She pauses her spiel to lean forward, aiming to place her muzzle next to his, should he not jump away. "It's by the grace of the Gods we have souls, or life."

Ruellia presses further against the cliff edge, the back end of her hind-paws dangled over the edge while the rest of her reached for Aderchop. "Prove you are Kurai. Kill me." There's an unhinged hint of glee to her words, whispered fervently as she pulls away. The Queen of shadows sighed, and closed her eyes, her bell-bright tones ringing out, not as a request, but a command. "Push me."

★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★
Aderchop

[ Reply ]