pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
She Returns
Posted 11-05-2017, 11:47 PM | This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 11:48 PM by Asceo
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
Asceo slunk through the darkness like a snake. Soft, with the faintest whispers of her paw pads brushing against the grass. Her breath was as slow as the heavy beat of her heart. The black she-wolf's tail drooped in defeat as she silently passed from the nameless forest depths and stepped over her pack's furthest border. The green gem at her breast seemed to glow in response.

I'm home.

Guilt clawed at her belly. She was Earth's healer for many moons under Briar, the alpha who appointed her and accepted her into his pack. After his death, she had fled, but not before accepting Mars' request for her to be his Beta.

I am a coward.

With a snarl, she launched forward with renewed energy, the faint moonlight that speckled the forest floor lit the paths she knew so well.

"Mars!" she howled furiously. "I must have words with you," she added in a trill note at the end of her call.

Mars

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 09:15 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the young alpha rests on a log that had fallen over the naveen river. the tree wasn't even hollowed out yet, yet mars rested above, listening to the soothing sounds of the river. the quiet surrounds him, ears perked as he listens for trouble to spring to action to. his tail laid down to the water, almost touching. his eyes open when there is a call for him, his ears perk even more before he stands and hops off the long, running to towards the sound. asceo. she sounds angry and mars hurries, she had been gone so long. where had she gone? his ears fall back on his head as he hurries towards the woman. a soft howl is returned, meaning he is coming. mars dodges the trees and fallen logs that were fallen in haya's storm. there was still much to clean. a grunt leaves his lips as he pants, pushing faster. there are moments in the run where hurt and worry bleeds through his bones. his paws thunder against the ground, seeing her shining gem and fur underneath the moonlight. "asceo!" he calls as he slows himself, reaching her, a few feet away. his eyes watch over her, making sure she is not hurt. his eyes shimmer a green underneath the shade and moonlight. "asceo. are you alright? where have you been?" he breathes, eyes narrowing as he looks over her, worry running over him.

Asceo

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 09:32 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
As was his nature, Mars familiar howl returned to her within a few breaths. He was coming. Satisfied, Asceo slid to her haunches to lick at her disheveled fur to wait for him. Her once lustrous coat was dulled by dried mud and dirt. A few twigs stuck out at awkward angles from the thick fur around her neck and tail. She wished she had a pond to gaze into, to see her reflection. Suddenly she felt self-conscious. Briar would scold her for letting herself appear this way. With the sound of Mars pawsteps quickly approaching, she gave her matted chest a couple swift licks. She groaned as she stared at the lack of results. With a sigh, Asceo gave up. She probably looked like a mangy black dog in all of its dim-witted, ill-kept glory.

"Asceo!" Mars burst into view through a shroud of dark greenery, though he slowed until he stood a few tail-lengths away. His concerned green eyes searched over her, much in the same way that Briar had always greeted her when he assessed her health or checked for injuries. "Asceo, are you alright? Where have you been?" His voice was soft, though his eyes narrowed with worry. She stepped forward to brush her cheek against his.

"I'm okay," she murmured. "I'm sorry for worrying you. You always took after Briar's concern for our pack…I should have told you. I never should have abandoned Earth. You nor Briar would have done what I did. After he," her breath shuddered, "after he took his own life, I couldn't bear to stay in the Gaia. Every clearing, I remember our conversations and training. The temple, Kaede, and the wolves whose lives we saved together…" Asceo's voice broke. "I miss Briar. I failed him. I am our pack's healer. I should have seen his symptoms–this is all my fault!"

Her ears lay flat as she shied away from Mars, unable to look at him. "I am ashamed."

Mars

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 09:52 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars felt her press her cheek against his and so, he was calmed. he leans into her touch with a soft sigh coming from his lips. he listened to her as she sputtered out words, and he knew it was coming. mars stepped forward, coming closer to her as she spoke, then, embracing her. a soft whimper leaves his lips as he places his head on top of hers. "asceo.. dear asceo. it is not your fault. it is no one's fault. he hid himself.. he did not let us see him. you did not fail him." he murmured into the woman's ear. his eyes shut as he sighs out. all this was so hard. it was excruciating for mars to see someone in so much pain. a gentle, friendly kiss was laid on her head. "you should not be ashamed. i am not ashamed of you. more worried than anything, glad you came home to us, to kaede. i missed you." he speaks as he hugs her closer, tail curling around the side of her body, embracing her, fully. "do you think briar would want you to cry like this? to feel badly about his death? he let none of us know for this reason. he.. he thought so highly of you asceo. i know it." he whispers as he holds back tears. to know someone else was so broken up about the man's death made him want to cry with her. mars eyes open back, peering down at her. "i am proud of you, for everything. for being there for briar when he needed you. that is the best you could have done."

Asceo

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 10:42 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
Mars leaned into her, embracing her as he gently rested his head on top of hers.

"Asceo…dear Asceo. It is not your fault. It is no one's fault."

"But–" she gasped.

"He did not let us see him. You did not fail him," he murmured against her ears. His breath was warm on her cheek. She fell silent, taking comfort in his presence. Besides Keston, who may not even love her after disappearing and losing their children, she had no one left. Asceo had Mars, and she clung to him like he was her last breath. She needed him.

"You should not be ashamed. I am not ashamed of you." His words stung her broken heart. How could he not be?

"More worried than anything, glad you came home to us, to Kaede. I missed you," he whispered. His tail wrapped over her side as he held her close. "Do you think Briar would want you to cry like this? To feel badly about his death?" Asceo shook her head. "He let none of us know for this reason. He…he thought so highly of you Asceo. I know it."

Mars voice wavered. She dared to pull her head back to gaze into his eyes. They were brimming with tears. "I am proud of you, for everything. For being there for Briar when he needed you. That is the best you could have done."

The last words broke her. Her chest heaved, wracked with sobs that shuddered along the length of her slender frame. She buried her face into the brown fur at the nape of his neck. For a long time Asceo curled into him, desperately breathing in his comfort, trying to ignore the itchiness of her dirt-covered pelt. She was a mess. Asceo gave in to the despair that she had been fighting to escape for the last few moons. The healer was an entirely different wolf before she met Briar. A wandering wayward spirit, merely curious, and joining a pack almost without considering the different ones. She had chosen one path on a whim, and it had led to her most treasured friendship–now he was gone. So much of her time spent with Briar's pack had been dutifully following Briar to carry out his ideals that they should heal all those who needed it. Her entire life had revolved around him. Asceo was lost without him, but perhaps the time for mourning was over. He would have been disappointed to see her disgrace herself this way, to allow her fur to mat into unruly knots , for running away.

Her shaky breaths finally steadied with her newfound resolve. "I will continue on, for Briar, for you, for myself," she growled faintly to herself. She pulled away to sit before Mars. Her amber eyes were clear of anguish for the first time since that fateful day as she stared into his. "I don't suppose that you replaced me as healer while I was away; the pack was very small by the time Briar passed the crown to you. Will you please catch me up? I had left Doutaini entirely. I tread in unnamed forests whose floors were barren of other wolf-scent. I disappeared deep into the trees where no one could find me–I don't know what happened after I was gone, within the pack or within the lands."

Asceo returned to grooming herself, carefully plucking stray seeds and other debris from her unkempt fur. "About time I did this," she chided herself quietly while she waited for him to answer.

Mars

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 10:54 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars feels the sobs, the sadness radiate off her. he does not let go, he doesn't even think a thought of letting go of this woman. his friend, his beta, his council. his eyes shut as he embraces her tight, making sure she knew she was not alone in this. a few tears of his own shed as well. for he is saddened by the emotions that flow through asceo, he missed briar more than most could imagine. he was in despair. but, he had grown to live with it. he would have to. he could not let it break him. he needed to help the pack, for briar, for kaede. wasn't that why he had his den near the willow? so every morning he awoke, he would see the tree and be reminded of why he did this? of why he was still king in earth? his eyes flutter shut until everything seems to settle and asceo's voice stops trembling. he leans away, to check on her, peering down at the woman who looked so fragile. he hears her words and feels the cold that is brought when she pulls away to sit in front of him. he gives a soft smile to her, he nods. of course he will indulge his beta. "well.. atticus is still sub-alpha. though, i do not think for much longer as devil may cry took her leg off. and i will not let it stand for much longer. i accepted five new members, baby, fetch, akuma, riverwind, and pidge. they are all very.. unique. ready to serve kaede and earth. baby and fetch are just pups though, ones i have taken underneath my paws for the time being. i wonder if your pups would be interested in meeting them? fetch get lonely. which is the next thing i need to find is a pupsitter." he rambles on before he chuckles sheepishly, "apologizes for my jabbering, i also found theodosia, she became two and gained the rank of gamma. she is.. doing very well. taking her position very seriously. i have already taken some of her advice. though, we need you as well to give us your ideas. council members are low at the moment and meliae has been recruiting in the pits, we need to find more scouts to do that as well. we still have much to fill, much to do." he hums to the woman, winking, "aren't you glad you're back?" he jokes.

Asceo

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 11:52 PM | This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 11:53 PM by Asceo
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
Mars nodded, though his eyes danced with the soft smile that poked at his lips. He proceeded to explain to her the details of Earth's experience in the time she had left. She frowned as he told her that Atticus–the caustic wretch–remained sub-alpha, though her expression changed considerably when he continued on to describe her injuries at the paws of Devil May Cry, and that he did not intend to allow her reign. In her absence, Mars had certainly been busy: he had accepted two wolves, Akuma and Riverwind, into the pack as well as two pups, Baby and Fetch, for the time-being. Her ears flattened, a low-growl emanating from her throat when Mars asked, "I wonder if your pups would be interesting in meeting them? Fetch gets lonely–"

"My children are dead," she spat. "or missing. I don't know, but I haven't scented them even in the moons before I left." Asceo seethed for a moment, lost in a shroud of self-loathing. She hadn't even tried to find them when she happened to realize that she hadn't seen them in weeks. A healer of broken bones and a mender of wounds, these she excelled in, but an attentive mother of her pups? A failure. Her growl slowly faded away as she continued to listen. Mars had recruited two grown wolves, though he still needed more ranked packmates for scouting, such as Meliae, pupsitters, and council wolves, including one she-wolf whose name prickled in her ears.

Her jaw gaped, "Theodosia! A gamma? What on earth did she do to earn this?" Asceo's eyes narrowed dangerously. She had never taken to the rash yearling; Thedosia had always rubbed her fur the wrong way. "What advice, exactly, did you take of hers? Mars, what are you thinking? She's barely out of her yearling stages of life."

Eventually Mars hummed, "Aren't you glad you're back?"

Asceo snarled playfully as she snapped at one of his forepaws. "That is still up to me to decide."

Mars - I think Asceo is a lil emotional lol. Also, please note that I will respond to anything Mars says to respond to her longer dialogue snippets, but I will do so in a way that doesn't make us have a thread with endless 3 part conversations lol, so it won't /need/ continuing if that makes sense. It's just that she would react especially to those parts of Mars dialogue. So it's up to you how to respond to her interjections and in between the gaps I'm intentionally leaving so that Mars has room to respond, I'll roll with it!

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-07-2017, 04:32 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars ears fall back at her comment of her children. his eyes flicker to the borders of the gaia. "amelia left to see her father a few days ago.. you just missed her asceo. if i would have known you thought that.. i would have grabbed her." he apologizes, feeling awful that asceo had thought her children were dead. he could not imagine that kind of feeling. "asceo, i know she was a very.. bold young child. trust me, she snapped at me many times, but she is ready for this. you know i would not have done it if i didn't think it was in earth's best interest. for all i knew, you were gone and. briar trusted her enough to adopt her as a sister. so, i know he meant more for her. he trusted in her even though she was a pain in everyone's rump." he spoke, from memory as he knows that briar got mad at her several times for disobeying, but she was still here, still strong. he chuckles as she bites at his paws, he shakes his head and nudges her. "give her a chance. she has really good ideas for earth." he nods as he playfully nips at her ears before he wiggles up and around her. a smile grows on his lips, "well, you do not have to know if you are glad to be back, i am glad you are here." he murmurs to the woman. the gaia is quiet at this time of night, only the sound of the wind and rustling of animals before hibernation. his tail swishes back and forth, nodding his head towards the forest, "let us walk?"

Asceo

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 12:33 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
Asceo's heart fell into her stomach when Mars apologized and told her that Amelia had been sighted within the past few days. "Once I have regained my bearings, I will leave for the Cerulean Waters with haste. I hope you'll understand," she replied. Her chest ached with emotions that she could barely identify. Amelia and Keston, would they hate her for vanishing without a trace, how could they not? But perhaps if Amelia was still alive, then Roscoe might be with his sister. Her paws itched to leave the Gaia as soon as she was able. She had to see her family. She had to know that they were okay and well, despite her disappearance. Her throat felt caught around a lump that made it hard to breath.

Would they have even missed her?

Asceo wasn't the most attentive mother nor doting or particularly affectionate. She could not possibly expect that they would have waited for her to return and welcome her with open hearts. Her head fell for a moment as she contemplated her relationships, brooding while she listened to Mars describe the changes in Theodosia in recent moons. The aggressive young she-wolf had apparently grown, and interestingly Briar had even trusted her enough to adopt her as his sister. Even Mars sounded as if he had warmed to her. "Give her a chance," he said as he nipped at her ears. "She has really good ideas for earth."

Eventually Mars smiled at Asceo's retorts. "Well, you do not have to know if you are glad to be back, I am glad you are here." Asceo nodded as he gestured with his head deeper into the forest. "Let us walk?" he asked.

"Let's," she said simply. Asceo started forward. The shadows wrapped themselves willingly around her black-brown pelt and she melted into the darkness granted by the thick canopy of leaves overhead. Even in autumn the trees of the Gaia kept their splendor long into the season before the leaves began to thin under winter's freezing touch.

As they trotted along side by side, Asceo turned to look at Mars. "If I am still your beta, what duties do you wish me to assume? I will always prioritize healing–I don't believe Waernyss has been seen in some time? She is unreliable at best. I refuse to leave the pack in her paws. Regardless of my position as your beta, I will not abandon my previous duties as Earth's healer," she growled firmly. "However, I will try to find a successor, so that eventually I may assume the role that you desire of me."

Mars
ooc: Most of that is internal stuff, feel free to skip to the last three paragraphs

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 07:13 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev
"of course, i understand. i will escort you, even. i want to make sure she made it safe." mars gives a nod as he walks through the forest. the trees sway around them and the strong scent of the fresh growth and blooms of earthen wolves practicing their powers is in the air. his tail shifts from side to side, humming softly as they pass the small creatures that skitter though their jungle. the earth jungle. the jungle life still wanders even though outside the gaia is fleeing life, heading for warmth. mars' ears twitch as his beta speaks. he gives a nod as he looks to the female, interested in what she had to say. a soft sigh leaves his lips. what did he want her to do? he wonders himself, ears falling back to his head as he thinks before his mouth opens in response.

"i understand you still have duties you want to keep with healing, asceo. i appreciate that. and as beta, i would really like for you to help with some earth planning. meetings and scouting is what we need the most at the moment. we need more earth members as we are low on them. pidge wants to be upgraded to hunter, that would cover that slot as azrael is in there now, though, i asked him to be. i think he would enjoy something else, though. the warrior slot is empty as of now since theo has moved up to gamma. meliae is still a scion and she is a good one at that." mars gives a sure nod. his ears flicker back into action, twirling and listening around them. his tail swishes from side to side, "i suppose we need more scouts as well, that way we will not have to do it all. as for council, we are all allowed to accept members now. so if we believe someone is good enough for earth, no one needs to run it by me anymore. i trust in my council." mars hums out, enjoying the nice day that mother nature had brought the gaia. "soon, i will be having a mandatory meeting, that way we can see who shows, who is truly here for kaede... thoughts?" he asked as he looked to the blackened wolf with a soft smile on his lips.

Asceo

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 07:50 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
"Of course, I understand. I will escort you, even," Mars replied. "I want to make sure she made it safe."

Asceo grunted in appreciation. "I leave for the Cerulean tomorrow, midday. I'll head through the Hakai Mists and towards the shoreline if you need to follow me later on."

They padded under the canopy together as they fell into a brief silence. She enjoyed being near a friend once more after being isolated from everyone for so long. Eventually, Mars broke their repose. "I understand you still have duties you want to keep with healing, Asceo. I appreciate that. And as beta, I would really like for you to help with some earth planning." He continued on to detail what Earth needed to thrive again. Their numbers had fallen to abysmally small since Briar's death. Her face twisted in disgust. So many had left when their alpha had died; they were not truly loyal and they were better off without wolves like them. Mars listed off their packmates, at least the ones who remained in the territory often enough that he knew of their whereabouts: their council wolves, Thedosia promoted to Gamma and Meliae remained Scion; their hunter Azrael who would likely be joined by Pidge who wished to join him in rank, though Mars added that Azrael may be a better fit for warrior whose ranks were entirely empty; they had no scouts; their numbers were so few that Mars granted all council wolves to accept new packmates into Earth without clearing it with their Alpha first. Asceo balked, coming to a sudden stop. Including herself and Mars, only six ranked wolves remained in Earth.

"So few!" she exclaimed. "Once I reconnect with Keston, I'll journey to the Willows and see if I can find more wolves. Kaede knows we need them." She began walking again.

"Soon, I will be having a mandatory meeting, that way we can see who shows, who is truly here for Kaede…thoughts?" Mars asked her, smiling softly.

How do you stay so postive? Asceo thought to herself.

She didn't have to think for long before replying. "Absolutely. I should return within three days or less. Will you call a meeting for the pack in the evening of the third day? I'll be there, hopefully with at least one wolf from the Willows to introduce." Asceo immersed herself fully into planning. She had other duties to think of now that she must also double as Earth's beta. "I have a suggestion, but our ranks are so thin that we may not need them all. Perhaps we have each wolf pull double duties, as we are, until we have larger numbers? I am a beta and healer simultaneously. Can our fighting wolves not also hunt for our meat? Our hunters not also scout during their forays, before or after their kill?" She mused for a short time. "Of course, we will award them specific ranks that they specialize in, but our packmates must do more than just their set of duties until we can spread them out into distinct roles."

She turned her amber eyes to Mars, searching his for his reaction to her idea.

Mars

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 10:16 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev
a smile arises on his lips as he is not rejected to his idea of accompanying her to keston's land. the young king nods to the woman as he walks alongside her. there is so much to discuss. as she is back here, to stay, well, after her journey to kei's shores. mars' paws press into the grass, a relaxing feeling instead of the dirt of the pits. where he had been staying the last few nights to make sure that there was no one there, suffering. mars had always been one to sacrifice himself before anyone else. his ears perk as she speaks again, for he only nods to her. "i know it. i have been in the pits, everyday, recruiting, trying to find more wolves, it has been very hard recently. winter is upon us. maybe inland there will be more. keep an eye out, asceo." he hums as he looks to the young woman before his eyes wander across the path that they walk. his thoughts on her words, a smile grows further onto his lips. for that is a great idea. his council, already making good plans, helping his reign. his ears fall flat at the thought of his reign. his eyes flicker back to his beta, clearing his throat.

"an excellent idea, asceo. i love it. in the meeting, i will implement that. just until we gather more members. thank you. i shall double in scouting as well, since that is what i have been doing. i am also planning a hunt with divine, strengthen the bond between the two packs, for we do have an alliance with divine." after briar's passing, that is the one thing that stood. the alliance between divine and earth. storm and earth's alliance had fallen, due to svana's death, her calling out of kaede. mars didn't blame seacca, for only loss came from their alliance. he felt awful for that, awful for what seacca thought of kaede, of earth. his eyes follow along the plant life. "what do you think of an alliance with fire? i know they are low on members, but they are strong, they would be a good alliance to have. i know vaitan a little from my rogue days. i think maybe i could speak with him. as well as enigma. as i know mercury very well and i think it would be good to have enigma. they have a fairly big pack. i have met ruellia in the pits once and seen her a time or two before." he speaks, walking briskly through the forest that he ruled alongside kaede and his council.

his eyes flicker back to the woman, "tell me something, asceo. honestly." he clears is throat as his eyes follow her movements, "me. as alpha. what are your thoughts? i know you would not stand with me if you did not believe in me, but. i just do not know. things have been happening in the gaia since i have been ruling. the bark on the trees.. have been falling, bleeding red. animals acting odd.. do you think kaede is trying to tell us something?" he asks, eyes following her, softened as if he was a child who had done something wrong- knowing that he would be scolded.

Asceo

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-11-2017, 12:24 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
Mars met her gaze after telling her of his fruitless ventures into the pits looking for prospective members. "An excellent idea, Asceo. I love it. In the meeting I will implement that," he replied. Though she did not reveal it on her muzzle, she was pleased that he so readily accepted her advice. He continued on to add that he was planning a hunt with Divine to strengthen their alliance with the firefly wolves. She wondered how Lunafer was faring as she had not seen him in some time. Mars asked her about an alliance with Vaitan's pack, Fire, and Enigma wolves, apparently now led by Mercury. Mars even asked her what she thought of him.

"Mercury is unpredictable. I've never been comfortable around him. I was unaware he had taken leadership from Ruellia–wasn't she blessed by Kurai himself? I don’t know if I trust the change in leadership. I'd stay away from him if I were you.

As for Vaitan, should we not ally ourselves with larger packs? I know that is an argument for Enigma, maybe we could consider it. Perhaps it'll be easier to befriend Vaitan since he'll be sorely needing allies as well. I'm not sure. Is there a reason his pack is so small to begin with? "

Asceo mused over their options, muttering to herself before she spoke louder again. "What of the Storm wolves, are we not still allied with them? And what of Ice? Do we even have enemies to worry over? The gods were causing the most ruckus the last I checked, but even they have quieted. And Mars–of course I stand behind you. In truth, I had hoped you would become Briar's successor, however sooner than either of us would have liked."

Mars broke in with disturbing news. "Things have been happening in the Gaia since I have been ruling. The bark on the trees…have been falling, bleeding red. Animals acting odd…do you think Kaede is trying to tell us something?" His eyes were bright with worry.

Her heart tightened with a thrill of fear as horror wrenched her gut to the side. "The trees," she gasped incredulously, "they have been bleeding? And the animals–what do you mean, acting strange?" She hesistated for a moment. "I doubt Kaede is behind something like that. Our bear god may be ferocious, but he is not malevolent. Have there been tales across Doutaini or is it isolated to our lands alone?"

Her tone was sharp, seeking answers to questions that made no sense. Guilt clawed at her belly.

And I wasn't here to protect anyone.

Mars

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 09:23 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev
talking with the woman made mars' worry drain, as she made suggestions, earth would be okay. even if he was gone for a day or two, asceo was here, meliae was here, and theodosia was here. it made his heart swell, he trusted each of them in a special way. he nods to her speech, clearing his throat. mercury could be... slick. maybe that wasn't a good thing. mars did love his company though. a shake of his head is given when she speaks of mercury taking the crown, "oh no, he is sub-alpha as of now... syzmon has passed." he speaks, he did not know the bleached wolf well. they had met once, not for long, not long enough to know each other, bond. but, he knew that mercury was attached to him in some kind of way, as he took the death pretty well. but who wouldn't? it was their sub-alpha. his eyes cast to the direction of the temple before he looks back to the woman, "i have a good feeling of fire, they have just been... quiet. quiet is good. i think it is what we need. i will speak with him first, dwell on it, then we shall decide. if you would like to accompany me to fire, i would enjoy a second opinion." he nods, certain. the more the merry, or so he had heard. he cringes, slightly, at the mention of storm. his eyes cast to the woman again with a sad smile, giving a small shrug as she speaks of ice. ah, ice. under new rule. nax had disappeared. mars did admit that he hated it, he would miss the ice king and all his glory, for he was someone to be admired. his cheeks burn with shyness as she speaks of mars. he gives a nod, "good, asceo. i just do not want anyone who does not want me as king, upset. i mean, i wouldn't stop being here for earth. i would try to change. but, i am glad. thank you, it means more than you know to me." he pushes into her side with a soft chuckle before he continues on, "storm and earth.. ever since kaede's and haya's fight, they have not been right... not long after haya's destruction, svana called kaede to the ruins. he came down, storm wolves came out. and well, after that, svana was not found for a long time. then storm found her dead. i suppose they blame kaede.. i tried to mend things with seacca, storm's new queen, but, nonetheless, she did not want to be allies anymore. nor enemies which is good. i tried to salvage what briar had left. but, i cannot force something on a creature who wants nothing to do with us.. as for ice, nax is gone, i do not know the new alpha very well. i saw him in the pits, kearnal? i think his name was. he seems.. nice, serious." he shrugged as followed his heart, walking where he desired through the forest, after all there was no true destination. "maybe we can visit them as well." there is an internal groan, as he hates the cold. but, if it could help the gaia... then so be it. he will have to suck it up. worry hits him full force again as he is reminded of the trees, the rats, the feeling of being watched. "i saw it in the pits as well... the styx.. the hakai. i do not know, i thought maybe that it was following me. but, maybe it is happening in other parts. i have no clue. all the reason to travel out, see if keston has seen it too?" he speaks, seriousness returning to his voice as they speak of the occurrences. "i think it was some kind of.. sap? i do not know, but it.. it looked like blood, asceo. it was strange. and i have seen strange before. i know kaede is not so.. evil. but, meliae mentioned something of kurai's tricks, but. i do not think it is so. kaede would have retaliated. right?" he speaks, questioning as if she knew the answers.

Asceo

[ Reply ]