pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »
Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome we gotta light a match and start a fuse.
Posted 11-05-2017, 11:33 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the gaia, home. mars always finds joy in returning to the place where his heart sings for. but, there is even more joy in his heart as he finds himself returning with another advocate to kaede. a woman by the name of Pidge. his tail swings back and forth with excitement as his eyes advert to the woman who had followed him back to the gaia. as they reach the borders, mars takes the first step across, heart singing as the birds do in the warmer places of doutaini. even in the winter, the gaia temple seemed to be warmer than most places- except the torrid desert, well, since it was a desert. but, the humidity here kept the right temperature that kept mars here. for he had grown up in a place very much like the torrid and hated the cold. so, he found refuge in the gaia when it was cold, another reason he had joined when he did- in the harsher parts of the winter. "welcome home, pidge." his eyes flicker back to the woman, "i hope you find as much peace as i do here." he hums as he passes the trees into the forest. his ears perked, listening for any others who may have came to greet the newcomer. "so, is there anything i should know about you dear pidge, any aspirations whilst you are in earth." hopefully for a long time. mars did not include the last part, not wanting to sound pushy. though, he slows his pace, waiting on the woman to catch up, for he did not want to leave her behind in a new place.

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-05-2017, 03:14 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; Pidgeon followed the man, her steps sure and planted purposefully. She knew she had made the right decision. She could feel it in her bones-- No, better yet, her marrow. It sent pulses through her body. Warm, tingly feelings. She felt as though she had been here before. But how was that so? Pidge shook her head, quickly dusting off the thought, just as Mars began to speak.

She listens to the man's words, trailing behind him. But as he began to start conversation she padded next to him, eyes on the ground to keep watch for pesky thorns or burrs that dared try to attack her paws. But his last question really intrigued her.
Aspirations? In truth, she had never really thought about aspirations. But as she spoke they seemed right, like she had been planning it for years.

"My aspirations are to leave a mark on this world, Mars. I want to become someone. Hold something. I want people to look up to me and smile. But I couldn't be alpha-- I'm not ready for that. Not yet. All I know is that I want something respectable. I want to be trusted with the well being of others. I can just... I can feel it, you know?" Somehow a smile had managed onto those charcoal lips, and for a moment her eyes were distant. But she snapped back to reality and looked at the man. Of course, he knew.

speak think
Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-05-2017, 03:37 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the peace and familiarity surrounds mars, it relaxes him as they speak. his tail swings from side to side. his ears perk at the sound of Pidge voice, nodding when she spoke. everyone wants to be remembered. honestly, when mars was young, he didn't care. he just wanted to be a spec in the midst of the rubble. mars never meant to be here. his eyes flicker to the woman, life gives you more than what you want though, doesn't it? mars follows through the forest, listening to her as they come across the small field, where briar planted himself underneath the willow. the man moves into the field, setting himself on top of a log, a hollow and fallen one. his claws sink into the bark, gripping it. "remembered?" mars asks, head cocking to the side. he gives a soft chuckle and nods, closing his eyes for a moment as he feels the energy around him, the fluttering of animals around the two. they open again to meet pidge, "well, pidge, we can work up to it. you have that soul.. the soul for it. i can see it." mars murmurs, licking over his lips as he chuckles, "for now though, you will have to work up to it. show me you want it, alright? this is no punishment. i want to see how you handle it. right now, i want to see how you handle tasks. we need recruiters, scouts. we also need hunters, warriors, pupsitters, and healers. those are the achiever's ranks. then next up are council, which.. will all come in time, dear. what would you like to work to pidge, out of the achiever's ranks." he asks, head picking back up as he kooks over to her.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-05-2017, 04:01 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; The woman follows him, as well as his gaze. She looks at the beautiful tree and lowers her nose to the ground, inhaling the scents. The smells disturbed her. It smelled like something came here to die. The smell of decaying flesh lingered in this spot of soil. But she did not make a face, nor a remark. She only bowed her head in respect. Someone had died here.

Mars reclined on a nearby fallen log. Mushrooms clung to its side, slowly but surely decaying at the tree's trunk. Pidgeon too decided to rest on the thing. She lifts her paws delicately onto it, then laid her body slowly on its surface. It was a bit damp, but not too noticeable. It smelled of animals. Perhaps they had come to eat the mushrooms. Life blossomed around her, and her nose was flooded with the scent of animals. She could hear the movement and rustling in the forest, and her instincts told her to hunt. But she did not. It would be rude to leave the man who had given her a chance at life just to catch a squirrel or two.

Mars now spoke. His voice was peaceful, cooling. It seemed to take an effect on her, as Pidgeon sunk down, all anxiety gone. She listens to the ranks he speaks of, making sure to image each of them in her mind vividly. What would I excel in? The thought swirled around in her head before she came to a sure conclusion.

"I feel that I would be able to take on the task of hunteress. My nose is quite sensitive, and knowing that I am providing for the pack is even better. People will rely on me. I will be needed." For a moment the woman realizes something. She liked being wanted. She liked being thought of.

speak think
Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-05-2017, 04:55 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

a soft sigh leaves his lips as his eyes trail to the willow in their silence. where briar laid in tribute to kaede. he gives a small smile, a weak one, before his eyes flicker back to the woman who speaks. he nods to her before he straightens himself, "well then, lunafer and i might be planning a hunt, come and we will see." he gives a smile to her, "we need hunters badly, right now we have azrael, a dear.. uh.. friend of mine." he had no idea how to explain azrael, they hadn't declared that they were anything. but, they did share a den, share their feelings. he looks back to the woman, "he, maybe, can show you the ropes. right now, he is just filling the hole. hopefully, we can see how this all goes. but, that is enough for now. pidge, welcome to the gaia. where we are now, to the right of you lays are last fallen king. the willow tree was the last thing he did before he passed. briar. he was.. magnificent. he accepted me." he clears his throat before he looks back to the female with a weak smile, "anyways, we need to retrieve your necklace from the temple and find you a home here. but i wanted to show you this, here. if you need to find me one day.. my den is just," he nods to the hill not far off where is den is nestled in, vines hang over the entrance and flowers abloom the top of the hill where they fall over. he turns back to her, "i made my den where i could remember why i did this, why i was alpha. do you have something to remind you why you want to be wanted, pidge?" he asks as he picks himself up from the log and trudges off, jumping to the ground as he looks towards the temple.

Pidge

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-05-2017, 05:39 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; Pidgeon listens to the man, ears flicking intently at the words he says. Why does he say this Azrael's name in such...? Uncertainty? But the woman quickly understands. He had feelings for the person. Mars describes this Azrael as a man, and Pidge smiles. Good. I'm not the only gay one around here.

Pidgeon hears the name Briar and goes to work memorizing it. So he was the alpha before Mars. The king talked of this Briar in a tone of pure respect. She could only dream of how hurt this man was when the king had fallen. But then there is talk of her necklace, and Pidgeon is once again filled with pulsations of happiness. Her tail instantly begins to wag, brushing against the fallen tree.

Mars now talks of his own den. She turns her head towards his home and nods, making sure to safely remember its place. It might come in handy one day.

"Do you have something to remind you why you want to be wanted, Pidge?" Suddenly the pulsating stops and her tail lowers. Her ears pull back and her lips lift slightly, showing the ends of pearly white teeth. "Because I was never wanted." The words came out cold and separated. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to come out that way." Her eyes soften, and she opens her mouth to explain. "I grew up with a brother, Sparrow. He was... He was the favorite. Mom and Dad loved him more than life itself, and sometimes it seemed like the only reason I was kept around was merely to be a gazer to my brother's beauty. I wasn't wanted. My parents wouldn't have cared if I fell down a ditch and starved to death. As long as they had their precious son. And that's why I left. That's why I left that bastard place and came here-- My redemption. The chance at a new life, the chance to start new and fresh. The chance to be wanted."

speak think
Mars
Sorry dat took so long. I was watching football with my family ;3

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 12:44 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars observes the quiet over them, it makes his ears twitch and a smile come across his face. though, the quiet means that the gaia was still a bit empty, he didn't care as long as there were people who wanted to be here. his eyes flicker back to pidge when she speaks, his ears fall to his head in sadness. because i was never wanted. it jabbed him in the heart. all his attention is on the woman as she speaks. his heart breaks a little more when she speaks. his hazel eyes fall to the ground, giving a nod when she finishes her story. there is a pause in the conversation. there is quiet. mars looks up at her again, walking to the log where she still was. he put his forepaws on it as he lifted himself to her. "dear pidge, i have one thing to tell you. as long as you are in the gaia, you will always be needed, do you know that? even if you were a pupsitter, the pups would depend on you, need you, their mothers, fathers would depend on you to keep them safe. if you were an alpha, the whole pack would rely on you to keep them safe, keep them sane when the craziest things are happening. no matter how small you think the role is, it is the biggest in our hearts. because without scouts, there would be no earth, without hunters, there would be no food, without warriors, we would be done for. my dear pidge, you are wanted here. i wouldn't have come trudging through those pits if i did not care for the wolf who was in it." he gives her a reassuring nod. "as soon as you stepped into this gaia, you became family to each and every wolf here." he speaks, proudly before he hops down. "now, come, let's get your necklace, get you settled in."

Pidge

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-07-2017, 08:38 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; The woman is caught off gaurd at the words Mars speak. She is breathless, and for a moment she just sits there, dumb founded. Her paws slently slink off of the log and next to Mars. Her eyes dare water up and for a moment the words do not come out. "Briar would be proud." She feels a large grin slip onto her lips, and she couldn't help but bury her muzzle in his hackles.

A warm sensation flood through her body, not that of love, but of acceptance. Her tail begins to wag as he talks of her getting a necklace. "Yes, let's go get the necklace." She turns towards him, waiting for him to lead her away.

speak think
Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-07-2017, 09:31 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars watches the woman with a smile on his lips, for he leans into her when she leans into him, embracing her. there is quiet for a few moments before she speaks of the old king. that brings tears to his eyes, he nods with a soft sigh leaving his lips, leaning into her for a few more moments. they do fall, to the grass, giving water to the always-thirsty ground. she pulls away first and he looks to the willow before he looks back to her, eyes dry as he nods, pulling a weak smile onto his lips. he gives a nod to the tall woman before he picks up his paws in a walk towards the temple, that lays a little further from his den than he would have liked. "let us go, time to officially join the family, pidge." he murmurs, turning his head back to wink at the female. his eyes flicker back to the path to the temple. there is joy in his heart when he realizes that briar would most likely be proud of him. as he had been trying his hardest to bring wolves to kaede's grace. his ears are titled up as he walks, listening for the wolves of kaede running around. though, he did not. only meaning that he needed to work harder. he would most likely work himself to death, like briar had done. but, he didn't mind. work is what kept him from laying in bed most days, worrying about earth. "so, pidge, anything i should know.. what is your favorite color?" he chuckles, looking back to her as he walks. it makes him smile a bit more, for dmc would question his antics of asking someone's favorite color like she had about asking other's emotions due to being able to see them on wolves' faces. though, as he explained to her, sometimes you had to ask to get the deeper feelings, to know someone better.

Pidge

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-09-2017, 07:02 AM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; The word officialy makes a new kind of energy burst through her, and after seeing those tears fall to the ground, she couldn't help but want find a new kind of respect for Mars. She begans to walk with him, bringing to it to a brisk trot. The place seemed far, and if Mars agreed, they could make good time by running. "Should we run? I don't mean to rush you, but this place seems far. But if we walk we could be there by sun-fall. But it's up to you. Pidgeon couldn't help but be excited.

"Whats your favorite color?" She pauses for a bit, thinking of her answer. "White. Not because it's pure or whatever, but because it goes with any color. White and black. White and gold. White and blue. It's a color that suits all." Her ears flick about as she listens to the melodies from the birds, who seemed all too happy to be singing like that. She smiled. This really was a place of life.

"What's your favorite color?"

speak think
Lunafer and Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-09-2017, 10:13 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the question arises in the air and all mars can do is give a nod as he listens to her next statement. his feet pick up in a trot, nodding towards the path they were going to take. his nose leads the way, sniffing the way, just in case there was danger along the way. his ears perk at her favorite color as he looked to the female, chuckling as he tosses his head back, looking in front of him. "good thing you're covered in it." he hums out, pressing his paws faster against the ground. his heart set on the temple as he finds his way through the forest. a favorite color? "you might think it is dumb, but, green. another reason kaede was just a great fit for me.." he speaks, tail whirring behind him as he runs, almost like a wind wolf as he hurries to make it to the temple. he knows the female is more excited to join their family. his ears fall back as he hurries towards the temple. his gem shimmering green on his brown chest as he thinks of their god. "green just represents a lot, life. and i think the world could use more life. more good." he breathes, almost panting as they run, his legs stretch further and further as he runs, thumping against the ground. the memories of the temple run through his head, the nights he used to stay there until he found a den not too far away from the temple, but warmer, nicer, fresh air. the man chuckles at the thought as he moves through forest. it was better now though, to have a den with those he loved and cared. his eyes flicker from side to side, avoiding the trees and logs that stood in his way. he only slowed down for a few moments, making sure the woman didn't fall behind.

Pidge

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-11-2017, 11:45 PM |
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; "Good thing you're covered in it." She let's out a small chuckle, turning her head towards the man as he begins to tell his own favorite color. Green, eh? Really is a coincidence.

As Mars begins to talk of this, he mentions Kaede. She knew that this was their deity, but that was about it. She would hope to mention it when they arrived at their destination.

"White and green are pretty colors."

She watches as Mars legs begin to move quicker, and she too matches her speed with his. She couldn't help but watch as his legs seemed to grow longer as they spread into a long stride. It was majestic, really. Pidgeon distanced her strides, paws barely touching the ground. A slight breeze blew through her fur, and for a moment she felt ecstatic. She let out a bark, angling her tail, so she went even faster. Two blurs traveled across the expanse, and land was devoured underneath their very paws.

The woman hadn't even realized they had arrived.

speak think
Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 08:31 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

when they reach the temple, mars is ecstatic. his head tosses back to look at their newest member, his and kaede's, welcome to the family. his ears perk as he gives a nod to her, then swings his head back to the temple, motioning for her to follow as he makes his way in the temple. his eyes cast to where moss covers the cool temple's floor, where he used to sleep, until he found his first den. he chuckles at the mere thought of sleeping on the cold floor with kaede in his heart. maybe no one knew that he did sleep here, night after night, week after week, month after month, season after season. a sigh leaves his lips as he maneuvers through the halls of their graced. his eyes flicker to the woman with a soft smile on his lips, "i am glad you came with me. came home." he says as he looks back to the path in front of him. "i do not know why.. but i have the best feeling about you, pidge. you have ambition, you know what you want. it is.. good, amazing even. so thank you for coming home with me, to the gaia, where i hope you will stay until your hear tells you otherwise, i hope that is never. but, things change, too fast sometimes." he murmurs to her, thoughts set on briar, how fast things had changed, so quickly the challenges arose when he was sick. and all mars could do was sit in the ruins and watch as he could do nothing- not fight for briar as he did not allow him to. these thoughts are wiped away as they reach the small shrine that kaede's necklaces had hung from. they glimmered underneath the sunshine which bled in through cracks of the temple, making the leaf more noticeable. the man walks to it, taking the necklace in between his teeth as he walks back to her, motioning for her to put her head down- to slip on kaede's grace onto the woman, for now, she was protected underneath kaede with the necklace.

Pidge

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 09:19 PM | This post was last modified: 11-12-2017, 09:20 PM by Pidge
Earth
Pidge
Earth Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
37 in, 94 lbs
ep
© Theri
MIND MADE OF STARS, NOT YET A CONSTELLATION; She listens to the man's words in pure delight. Her tail wagged so hard her rump practically moved side to side, and for a moment it seemed as though it would detach itself any moment. Pidgeon watched as he walked to the necklaces, shining in the sunlight. She watched as he beckoned for her head to be put down.

The woman bows her head, craning her neck so that the necklace would slip on without fight. The cold silver chain slides down her neck and the green pendant hugs close to her heart.

She feels a surge of energy run through her. The necklace burst into life, shining like a firefly on the darkest of nights. Its colors flew around the temples until finally cooling down to a dim glow. The pulses travel through her body, and her heart beat much too fast. But slowly her body began to cool. Her eyes were wide and her jaws were open in pure astonishment. Her sides heave and her eyes are wide.

"I have felt Kaede. I am one of you. I am a woman of Earth."

speak think
Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-12-2017, 09:49 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

"welcome home then, pidge." mars murmurs, after she speaks, after he slips the necklace onto her. his eyes cast over her, eyes shinning as they find the necklace to be a perfect fit on her. "white and green.. our favorite colors." he winks as he sits beside the shrine, resting back onto the moss that seems to creep around them. his ears are straight up as he looks to her eyes, "do you have any questions that i might be able to answer? of kaede? of magic?" he asks, head cocked to the side as if she had already asked him a question. mars hoped he could help her settle in, for the gaia was large, hard to navigate. his tail swishes from side to side. he had so many questions even when he had entered doutaini, seen magic, pidge seemed so much cooler about it- calm and collected. the king wished to be that sometimes, not so curious, full of questions. "i know that my gamma, theodosia, and i, will be holding a meeting soon, mandatory, and we will be speaking of magic, fighting, and some other things. so, we will have some training as well. that way kaede's new advocates can use the magic." he gives a nod, that smile still staying on his lips. "but you know, if you ever want a training session, i would love to be of assistance." he hums, happily. as he would love to train with the woman, dedication running through the both of them- he could feel it.

Pidge

[ Reply ]

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »