pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Private hello darkness, my old friend,
Posted 10-29-2017, 08:36 PM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.00
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
185 ep
© Elle
i've come to speak with you again.

At first she thought she'd found the cavernous opening of the Calignous but once she'd entered the dingy halls she realized her mistake. There was a subtle difference in the aroma of the caverns and thousands of crystals lines the halls in various sizes and hues - some retracted faint light in the antechambers with skylights, while others bore a hazy cast of something bioluminescent or even left her to feel her way along, much like she imagined Mercury doing throughout the entirety of his life. "Leave the man to live in a cave, of all places," she mutters beneath her breath, with bell-like tones jingling through the musty attic-like air of the current twisting hall that she followed. At one time she recalled Mercury warning her of delving deeper beyond the bioluminescent pool she'd found deep within this very network of caves once before. Too many twists and turns lead her away from the pool itself and memory did not recall which way to go, if it were.

When she ran out of energy to traverse the maze of tunnels and chambers she came to a stop, her eyes searching the dim room for anything remotely familiar. She might have back tracked a few rooms, she couldn't be certain. This room looked like many of the others, dark and with only traces of light from faint glowing fungi that sent soft prisms of light through the crystals that grew in random clusters on the walls. Gods, direct me. I can't stand this place much longer. Anxiety dwells within her gut, a rising anticipation that threatens to evolve into panic if she cannot discover a way out much longer. Her scent crosses itself at forks and twirls against itself from old to young trails, causing her confusion when she is not overly used to relying on scent as her main compass.
Mercury

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-03-2017, 09:57 PM | This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 09:57 PM by Mercury
Enigma
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.50
Ectomorph
41.35 in in, 102.22 lbs lbs
450 ep
© Sylvirr
W I N D S W E P T

He gave a little tsk from somewhere in the shadows-- he was ever so good at blending, perhaps because the Shadows themselves were wrapped around him, blocking even the flickering light from his gem. Tangible even, he slips forward and makes himself known before Niyole, lifting his skull and letting a brief Phantasm light the way. Magelight it seems, a all of softly-glowing blue-white light bobbing above his head to illuminate the caverns they're tucked into,
"Dare I ask what brings you here? ...Come along, I'll help you to a more...pleasant place." He'd not let Niyole get too lost in the maze that was the caves. He'd be a poor friend if that were the case!

The strain on his mind would intensify as they moved, the longer he held this illusionary light, the more difficult it would become--his focus waned and the pain in his skull intensified, though it did not take very long for him to find a more comfortable place--closer to the surface, the ceiling broken so shafts of light spilled in broken splotches and speckles, and tiny plants sprouted from wherever the light of day managed to reach.

"Lorem Ipsum"

Niyole

[Image: eLCRPG4.png]

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-10-2017, 12:44 PM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.00
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
185 ep
© Elle
Almost as she wills it, he is there. A shadow cloaked in shadows, a disembodied voice, and she finds herself turning towards the depths of his illusions, unconcerned by the void of body before he relinquishes the hold on Shadows. She almost smiles in the darkness, for Mercury is hard to make out even without the use of Shadows before his bauble pulses with deep violets and he releases the familiar orb of light - like that from the time before she'd gotten lost in the caverns. Despite the Cheshire nature of the man, it would seem that he came to her rescue any time she found herself within the depths of the Crystalline's hallways. "I sought the Calignous to visit you," dulcet tones ring out, appreciative of the light he exposes them to, "but it seems you have a knack of finding me in the dark." A bit of humor, not the crude jests she'd once shared with the man when she was younger and that grudge had fallen away when they'd found some level ground to stand on.

She walks with him, unknown to his pains for she was not accustomed to the Enigma powers and knew very little about the pack itself, besides Mercury's presence. There was something different about the man. Something that spoke of a higher power than the last time she'd seem him and the way he'd invited she and Clarke to join him only meant that he must have risen within rank. "Are you the king of darkness now? You seemed more certain of your authority at the lake..." She feels somewhat rude to prod so openly at her friend, but she is curious of Enigma's standings anyhow. When they'd last seen one another in the chaos of the gods she'd given birth to Clarke under the crumbling rooms of the Calignous Caverns, with Mercury there to guide them nonetheless.
Mercury

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-16-2017, 12:55 PM |
Enigma
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.50
Ectomorph
450 ep
© Sylvirr
W I N D S W E P T

He arches, spind coiling upwards in a manner most cat-like and perhaps uncomfortable to note, though he grins towards her, the light in the darkness fading as they come to the otherwise well-lit cavern, though there seems to be a somber note to this smile,
"Ah, yes. I fought Szymon. He's dead. So yes, now the title is mine." There is still a guilt that plague shim about this, though Ruellia would have tried to soothe him through her own pain. Alas, that was not the subject at hand.
"All this way just to visit little ol' me?" he asks, lifting a brow as he settles, languid and fluid across the jagged stones like little more than black velvet fabric drapes along the skeleton of a long-dead beast,
"Then tell me, what's on your mind?" the inquiry is more sincere than most, for while he is known to be a creature of the mind and his skill, oft' unrivaled in many aspects, he has not prodded into the minds and thoughts of those he considers 'friends', and this is true for Charlotte, Svana, and Niyole as well.
"I can tell something has been bothering you since that day with Mars. I know not what has happened to Wind, nor what has brought both you and Lyra to my doorstep, but I'm willing to help." He gestures then, towards the trickling clearspring water that permeates every corner and crevice of both the Caliginous and the Crystalline, for perhaps a drink will settle her nerves and ease her tongue and spirit.

"Lorem Ipsum"

Niyole

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-24-2017, 10:16 PM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.00
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
185 ep
© Elle
She is ever thankful for the appearance of light in the cavern they stand within and even more grateful that the queer light disappears when they settle within the skylight decorated room. At first she is baffled by the news of Enigma's alpha's death; although, she had never known the name of the leaders of Enigma to begin with. Mercury had been the only wolf who wore the violet amulet that she'd known. There's a soft puff of breath as she wonders how Enigma fairs under the loss of their leader. Any loss was hard but Enigma had seemed more stable than most packs for quite some time.

The light illuminates the dust particles in the air. Several pillars of light that circulate between them and the fresh water in this particular cavern. She watches the dark features of Mercury's sightless face then, noting the brow that rises as he questions her in a playful manner. Yet she is quiet yet, uncertain how to answer the question as she peruses her own feelings. Anger, resentment, hostility, disappointment, and anxiety all seemed to take shape at some point or another. "Lyra?" her voice cracks like a whip against the air as her eyes searched the sightless face and anger welled hot against her chest. So Lyra had fled to the depths of darkness without a word. Silence holds her tongue she moves towards the trickle of water as Mercury gestures and laps at the water as she considers just what to tell him.

"I fear I am a bit lost on the route to redemption. It feels we have forsaken Haruko and yet the distance feels welcome. Xyntanza's was not what it used to be, is not what it used to be." The gods knew who had taken the mountain. "Ice is without Anaxagoras. He has been missing for two seasons now and the man who has taken the throne is primitive in nature." A flash of Kearnal's twisted face and spiteful words hum through her mind as her lips slide downwards and her mood sours. "So we will not stay there. I'm afraid Clarke does not like the dark halls that mark her birth and so I look to Keston of Water for a place to shelter us. The gods be willing that we find a home." She sounds older than her three years then, tired and saddened by the mess her life has become. It may seem odd to follow the whims of her child, but Clarke was all she had left.
Mercury

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-02-2017, 12:59 PM |
Enigma
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.50
Ectomorph
450 ep
© Sylvirr
W I N D S W E P T

He listens as rests, reclining in obvious comfort, though he feels the jolt of her heart at the mention of Lyra's name.
"Yes. Lyra originally struggled with whether she would go to Xyntanza's, or the Caliginous. I'm sure you know she chose the hill in the end, but with whatever has happened, she has come to caverns to seek her redemption and to try to find herself. Kurai's gem, hopefully, will drive her to find herself..before it drives her madness." Because it would. It always would, and it always had, and madness even wriggles and writhes about in his own mind but it is a spark of brilliant insanity that he embraces.

"Yes.. I had noticed. Anaxagoras came to us once, seeking forgiveness for his families misdeeds, but he vanished before anything could be done about it. He took Pantaleon from us, and she, too is now gone. ...If Ice is without him, then the world is in a far more twisted state of affairs than I had previously believed. I not surprised that she shuns the darkness.... It isn't as if everybody is made for such things." absently, delicately, he lifts a aw and scrapes his nails over the stone, a cat-like action that sharpens his dulled claws while he speaks, and he buffs them against his chest,
"We were once close with Water. I wonder what has become of the family we'd had there. You can rest with us for a while, until you're ready to make the journey. I'll accompany both you and Clarke to the Cerulean-- I should speak with Keston myself, after all."
No, not that he was looking for excuses to talk to him, of course not.

"Lorem Ipsum"

Niyole

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-06-2017, 04:01 PM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.00
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
185 ep
© Elle
How little she knew about the wolf that had taken her heart and crumbled it gently between paw pads. They had ruled together and even paid homage to the same god, and yet she really had known nothing about Lyra. "She came to the caverns for redemption from what?" she muses as her eyes flit away from her dark companion and her lowered head allows her tongue to lap out at the water once more, to hide any betrayal of her hurt from Lyra's distance. Madness. This was the first she'd heard of Enigma's downside and how the darkness captured the minds of those that lurked within the dark. "The gods be with her, if she chooses madness." She hides her wounded heart from Mercury with a flicker of her eyes and a twitch of her tail, for she likes Mercury regardless of their rocky history. It was the last she would speak of Lyra with him, for it was best not to dwell on those who left disappointment within the wake of their destructive forces on her life.

Mercury seemed to be everywhere, to know everything, or perhaps she had not listened to the whisper of rumors as close as she should have when she wore a crown. There's a purse of her lips. "Their new leader, Kearnal, shall see the likes of me upon the ruins of old." A promise spoken aloud to Mercury that the Izaakian woman planned to challenge the primitive Ice alpha within the old gods' arena, but not for his pack. She could care less about the frozen rock but wished to condemn Kearnal for his righteous behavior when she had stood upon his door hoping for sanctuary from an old pack mate. Their conversation doesn't linger long on the affairs of the frigid tundra and she finds the topic more pleasant, to speak about her daughter. "The Izaaks were always light-hearted, perhaps she carries that light within her, if Kaiyo please it." She felt that Kaiyo had blessed them during the tumultuous affair of Clarke's birth, to have gifted her child with positive qualities so unlike her father. Let them not linger long on the fate of her daughter, either, for there was the subject of her placement to attend to.

She nods lightly at Mercury's words, her peach eyes combing the dark expression on her friend's face and those sightless eyes... "You're kind. I do not think Clarke would take to napping in the dark but I would greatly appreciate your company." Let Clarke find her own way, if they must. Her daughter must learn to provide a life for herself, not under the bosom of her mother any longer. Niyole was protective of the child and always would be, fiercely so, as Clarke was the sun that lit her world, but she also knew the bird must be pushed from the nest at some point.
Mercury

[ Reply ]