pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »
Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Open ANEW// Mars
Posted 10-28-2017, 05:55 PM |
Earth
Akuma
Earth Wolf
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
26 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun The journey from the pit to the gaia was a rather short one. He had followed Mars the entire way, maintaining a light conversation. He didn't want to give away too much at the beginning, but at the same time he didn't want to seem too secretive. Earning the trust of others was hard work most of the time, and if he was lucky enough-- which rarely happened --the subject would end up being too trusting. What could Akuma say, he was a hard-worker. He didn't give up easily. He wasn't lying when he said that all the packs he had been apart of in the past hadn't lasted very long, bur what he didn't mention was that he was the reason why. He had destroyed them from the inside out, slowly tearing the hierarchy apart till it was no more. It was fun to watch the utter fear in their eyes as he turned out to be a utter monster in disguise.

His dark thoughts were drawn elsewhere as the smell of many scents clouded his nostrils. His ears perked, cyan eyes gazing upon the verdant surroundings. Vegetation didn't lack in this area, matter a fact, there seemed to be a surplus.

"This is it, I assume?" his voice is filled with curiosity as he admires his surroundings

"Bite Me. "

Mars

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-28-2017, 07:20 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the earthen alpha knows he is home before he even opens his eyes to see it. the mix of fresh greenery and wildlife makes his nerves come alive in him. his eyes open back up to look over the heaven that is the gaia, he could stay here forever and be happy. he is glad to share it with another. his eyes slide to the newest wolf as he nods, "this is it, Akuma, welcome." he speaks, trotting past the borders as he finds his way into the gaia, the temple not far. his eyes scan around, it is quiet today, not too much chaos going around in the forest. it's peaceful. it would be a good day for a nap or for training. maybe both, since training takes a lot out of you. his eyes flicker back to akuma as he gives that award winning smile again, "it seems like not much at first, but after getting lost in the forests a few times, it gets bigger." he chuckles as he trails himself through the gaia, heading towards the temple to retrieve the man's necklace. he remembers this moment, how happy he was to receive the necklace from kaede- well briar, kaede's advocate. "did you have any questions? how much do you know of the gods here?" mars asks, curious.

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-28-2017, 09:34 PM |
Earth
Akuma
Earth Wolf
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
26 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun It's a pleasant smell that clouds around him, the scent of flowers and flora alike fill his senses. It has him humming pleasantly, his ears twitching contentedly. It makes memories that he isn't used to having arise within him. The memories of his sister and him, playing together in a field of Magnolia, the sweet smelling flowers clinging to their coats. Akuma shakes himself from the bittersweet memory, his cyan eyes turning to gaze upon Mars as he walks without hesitation across the border. He listens to the other speak; keeping a pleasant smile upon his features as he follows him into his new home, for the time being anyway.
"These lands are that big?" amusement is obvious in his voice, making an effort to keep a conversation going.

He supposes the other is leading him to the sacred place that held the gems laced upon string. Every pack wolf had one, and Akuma would as well here soon. His attention is drawn from his thoughts as Mars begins speaking again, but this time he speaks of gods. He wasn't familiar with any gods; he had heard rumors sure, but that didn't mean he believed them.

"I'm afraid I know nothing about the gods, I'd love to know though, care to tell?" curiosity colors his voice, ears preened forwards to catch every word Mars would say next.

"Bite Me. "

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-29-2017, 07:36 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

there is a silence in the gaia, the reminder that since briar's passing, there has been a lack of activity. but, mars was working on that. obviously, bring akuma back here to join them was apart of his promise to kaede and briar. his eyes flicker back to the wolf, giving a nod, "they are. it is nice, when you want to get away. the hakai is the same way, it is east of here." mars murmurs to the other, loud enough for him to hear as he heads towards the temple, the crumpled temple that still held up enough to hold necklaces in its walls. "well," mars starts, walking as he clears his throat out to speak of the gods, "since you have been here before, you know that the gods grant us magic, right? well, through the necklaces that is how it happens. the earth god is kaede, he comes in the form of a bear, shrouded in greenery. i have met him four times now.. i think. there are eight demi-gods, kaede included. six main gods. every pack but rebel has em'. kei is water, hakuro is wind, kurai is enigma, hotaru is divine, kiyoshi is ice, haya is storm, akako is fire. and there is a star dust festival that comes around every summer where we go and celebrate them all. when that happens, a blessing happens, hoshiko, the god of spirits here, blesses someone every year. this year, it was two." he hums, remembering the moment, how it felt to be blessed by the spirit god and the one he worshiped, the one he prayed to every morning before he got up- kaede. his eyes slide to Akuma, giving a small smile, "sorry i am quite the talker once you get me going, akuma." he speaks, eyes flickering back as they near the temple.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-29-2017, 09:47 PM |
Mother Nature
Mother Nature
Female, 10.75
----
in, lbs
ep
© Divinity
Mother Nature!

Small, shrill voices rise suddenly -- numbering far too many to guess what animal might make that sort of sound. However, as a chaotic, chimerical creation barrels towards you, you are able to recognise the beetle-black eyes and triangular heads of rats, though their bodies are far too intermingled to determine individuals. With limbs scuttling, and their aggressive shouts growing rowdy, the rats careens past. Their co-ordination is driven by fear, clear by the sour scent that lingers after them. The ratking flees swiftly, squeaks growing more frenzied with every tug upon their tangled tails.

NOTE: Simply ignore this post if you do not wish to acknowledge Mother Nature. However, you will be granted 2 EP for participating in this event.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-30-2017, 12:55 AM | This post was last modified: 10-30-2017, 12:55 AM by Akuma
Earth
Akuma
Earth Wolf
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
26 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun He listens to the other speak, keeping pace with Mars. He finds the mans voice quite enjoyable, one that isn't too monotonous or sharp. He finds himself staring with interest at the shorter male as he explained the gods. The one of this pack seemed rather interesting, a bear shrouded is shrubbery. It was a surprise to hear that Mars had actually met him-- four times! As the explanation came to an end, Akuma would shake his skull as if he was trying to dislodge all the questions that teemed within his mind.

"That's quite fine, Mars, I actually don't mind listening to you." he pauses to smile sheepishly, ears twitching as he caught odd sounds coming from the undergrowth. Though he ignored it and focused on Mars. "I am curious though, what is Kaede lik-"

His sentence stops mid-sentence as a wave of brown fur rushes towards them among the floor. Akuma lets out a startled cry, clearly not expecting the sudden turn of events. For some reasons the shrill sounds of the animals have him stumbling as his mind spins with memories. He bumps into Mars roughly before his front legs wobble, threatening to give out beneath him. He pants heavily as his mothers bloodied face flashes across his mind. Then, she is gone just as fast as she was there. His ears pin against his skull, clearly a sign of displeasure. He continues to watches the rats rushing by; nose twitching at the sour smell of their fear.

"Bite Me. "

notes: Oops I was listening to a song that inspired this reaction XD

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-30-2017, 07:34 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars' lips perked into a small smile, good he wasn't bothering the other. there is an odd rumbling in the distance, from the underbrush, though it is probably some bugs or quail. his hazel eyes turn to the other as a question is on the tip of Akuma's tongue, but before akuma could even finish the question- rats. and lots of them burst from underneath the underbrush and run wild around them. it startles mars, but it seems to shake the other even more. mars' eyes widen as akuma lets out a cry and slams into mars. the earthen king lets out a whine and quickly uses his weight to support the other. "akuma! akuma! it's alright!" mars coos, vines sprouting from the ground and lashing the rats, making them scurry faster. the nausea runs through him as he pulls the man closer, resting his head over his eyes and growing at the rats until they all went away. the vines slithered back into the ground, returning from the depths of the ground. his growth returns back to his throat as he then coos to the other, trying to calm him. "you're alright, dear. they're gone." the man lifts his head from akuma's eyes so he can see again. mars looks around as well, that had never happened before. and the scent they brought with them still lingered. his head snaps back from where they came from. a bigger question arises, what were they running from? it makes mars shiver a bit but, he nudges the male's side. "are you alright?" he speaks, not moving even though the sense of danger is upon the two. but, mars is frozen in place, not able to move until he made sure the other was fine.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-31-2017, 12:08 PM | This post was last modified: 11-03-2017, 06:33 PM by Akuma
Earth
Akuma
Earth Wolf
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
26 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun He leaned heavily against Mars as he supports him, breath escaping his alabaster lips in rattled gasps. His chest felt tight as if he was trapped under a pile of rocks. His heart hammered and seemed to be trying to claw out his throat. He let out a chest rattling cough. Shrieks of terror echoed within his mind, even after his line of sight went dark. He vaguely recognized that Mars had placed his head across his eyes, causing the world around him to go dark. What truly brought him back was Mars' soothing voice. He blinked repeatedly as if he had just woken up when Mars removed his head. He let eyes drift numbly around the area. His mind was blank even after Mars questioned him. Finally he came back to reality, his cold gaze turning to the earthen wolf.
"Fine.. I''m..." he trailed off, his eyes turning down to the floor. "I.... I'm okay. That doesn't happen often I promise, I'm sorry."

It was true, it didn't happen often, he had no idea why it happened then. Was it the new area? Or maybe it was Mars himself. It was an odd thought, one that had his ears falling flat against his skull.

"Bite Me. "

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-31-2017, 12:49 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars eyes glow a deep green underneath the shade of the trees, a deep growl leaving his lips as he stands protectively besides the newest earth member. the threat is prickling his hackles, head whipping around as he tries to locate the threat that has rushed the rats here. but there is a bigger problem, the green eyes find the man that is apologizing and his hackles lower, teeth hide behind flesh as he coos to the white wolf. "do not fret. we all have our troubles. it is alright." he murmurs, giving a small nuzzle into his head. "something is wrong, we should hurry to the temple. i'll have to close us in, maybe. there is a threat here." he speaks, eyes finding the treeline again. he feels eyes on the two, he cannot shake it. something was entering doutaini, the gaia- his home. mars was not happy about it. the king rises again, nudging the man. "it will be okay, akuma. i can carry you if you feel too weak, if you're still startled, i have you." mars offers, voice quiet, a purr, still trying to sooth, calm him. a soft sigh leaves his lips. what was this? no predator big enough could scare all those rats. no bear would even go after prey that small. a soft sigh leaves his lips, looking around and then in the direction the way the rats had ran. where were they going? where was safe?

Akuma

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-01-2017, 06:51 AM | This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 02:07 PM by Akuma
Earth
Akuma
Earth Wolf
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
26 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun He watches as Mars takes on a protective posture beside him. Something in his stomach fluttered at the action, he wasn't used to it. He normally wasn't the weak one like he was right now. He was strong, independent, and requested the help of no one. Yet, at the same time he felt a odd warm feeling as Mars prepared to protect him. He shrugged the unfamiliar and intrusive thoughts away, he didn't need such weird feelings clouding his judgement. His mind still throbbed with a dull pain, but other then that he had recovered fully.

He too allowed his eyes to scrutinize his surroundings, trying to identify what exactly had caused the swarm of rodents to scurry their way, in such a large number too. An uneasy feeling hung in the air, caused his hair to stand on end. His ears stood erect, trying to catch any sounds. He turned his attention to Mars, shaking his head.

"I'm fine now, I'll slow you down if we do that. We need to get to that temple, I don't know what those rats were running from... but it can't be any good..." he spoke quickly, pacing a small circle in anticipation. Something didn't feel right at all.

"Bite Me. "

Mars

Mars

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-01-2017, 02:53 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

silence fills mars' ears, it usually would calm him. but with the tension in the air, it puts mars on edge as he nods when the silence is betrayed by akuma's voice. "then let's go.." he does not move as his eyes wander the man a bit, making sure he was okay before mars moves quickly towards the temple, breaking away from the path of where the rats ran. his ears are faced behind him, listening for akuma's following footsteps. "trust me in saying, it would not take me much to carry you, akuma. i have the help of plant-life on my side." he tosses his head back, right eye dropping in a wink as he moves through the forest, dodging trees as he looks back. he slows himself, only to conform to the man's running, for he does not want to leave him behind, if he was a bit slower, if not, he would keep his pace. "i apologize for that, i have no clue why that has happened. weird things have been happening in doutaini. it must be the gods hashing something out again. i apologize on their behalf, akuma. it is not always like this." the man hums out, feeling embarrassed by the gods' actions. not too long ago the gods were feuding between each other and caused a rift in between storm and earth. mars was trying to handle it between the death of the last earth king and the death of the storm queen as well. there had been death with the gods' actions. mars could only hope that in whatever was happening now, it would not be another match like there was before. his prayers are silent as they go out to the earth god. 'kaede, please. whatever is happening, help me stop it. tell me what needs to be done and i will do it. i cannot have this hurting the earthen wolves. it has already startled another. please, do not fight like the last time, let me know. let me do what i need to fix this.' mars pleads in his mind. he hopes the bear god will answer him, then again, he knows the gods are busy with many other things. mars eyes flicker back to the path ahead on him- temple in sight.

Divine Intervention Akuma

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-02-2017, 02:09 PM |
Earth
Akuma
Earth Wolf
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
26 ep
© Tae
He follows after Mars, paws kicking off the ground. He easily kept a steady pace beside the younger leader, he lagged ever so slightly though since he wasn't familiar with these lands. His mind reeled as he ran, mindlessly following the direction Mars went in. What could of caused such a horde of rodents to flee in their direction? The only thing Akuma could think of was a bear, but why would such a creature chase something as small and pitiful as a bunch of rats? It was true winter was fast approaching, but this forest seemed to have plenty of berries and other animals. Even if that wasn't the case, it would logically be preparing to hibernate.

Akuma was pulled from his thoughts as Mars spoke again, ears perking slight at the sound. His heart fluttered at the others voice, but his mind revolted in distaste. He disliked feeling this comfortable near another soul. Normally he disliked the general presence of another, but for some reason with Mars it was... nice. He wanted it to stop, he didn't need this. He had plans, hope ideas. All of which would be ruined by a single wolf, one he just met in fact. HE said nothing in reply to Mars words, only keeping a worried expression upon his face.

As they grew closer to what Akuma assumed was their final destination, Akuma's ears twitched slightly as Mars apologies reached his ears. Inwardly he cringed, usually only people apologized to him before he killed them.

" You have no need to apologize Mars, it's not your fault. You couldn't have controlled what had happened. That was an act of nature..." he announced over the sound of leaves and twigs crunching under their paws, his ears preened forward to capture any sounds around them that might warrant suspicion. "I hope it's natural....."

"Bite Me. "

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-02-2017, 11:24 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

as the two run, mars dodges small rocks that threaten to trip him. he usually is clumsy, at the worst moments. there is worry that pushes through him, worry pushes him further and further through the forest. they reach the temple, akuma's words hit his ears and it makes him shake his head. "i do not know if it is natural akuma.. something is brewing, i think." he speaks, honestly, there is no reason to lie. his eyes flicker to the white wolf as he slows his pace, but still hurried as he makes his way into the temple. the temple's ground covered in moss, making mars' paws feel a bit better from the running. his head turns back to the man, "weird things have been happening all of the place from what i've heard." he murmurs, shaking his head, "feeling of being watched, laughter from no where, birds watching, rats running from nothing... it is best to prepare ourselves for the worst." mars spoke, eyes flicking back to the path as he makes his way down the temple halls, his pace slowed to a walk as he moves to where the necklaces are held. he can only hope that kaede might come down, stop the madness, or tell them how to fix it. it all felt like maybe this was punishment for something they did not even know about yet. maybe it was for wolves to think of their sins, make up for them. mars' fur stood on edge as he moved further down the temple. hopefully it held no surprises, no more bad. he didn't know if Akuma could take it. there is worry deeply rooted in his bones. with all this going on.. usually the gods warned them, called them, gave them some kind of show, but, where did they lay now? where were their warnings? where were they?

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 02:53 PM | This post was last modified: 11-06-2017, 02:54 PM by Akuma
Earth
Akuma
Earth Wolf
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
36 in, 140 lbs
26 ep
© Tae

But the war has just begun As they enter the temple, Mars can feel the ground go soft beneath his paws. Its a rather soothing feeling, one that the deceptive brute can get used to. His dull claws kneed the soft ground for a moment before he takes off after Mars again. His pace is hurried so he can keep up with the earthen male. His eyes admire the temple walls covered with vegetation for a moment, then turns his cyan gaze back to Mars when he stars speaking again. He takes note of the weariness in his tone, it causes a frown to claim his features. It did sound as if something truly odd was going on, something big.

"Do you think your gods are angry at something?" Akuma inquires, his voice hesitant in nature. He wasn't sure if such a question would anger the king. For now it was better to be observant, so he could clearly understand the ways of Doutaini wolves, and more importantly; the wolves of Earth.
"Bite Me. "

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGON CAVE

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 03:53 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the quiet in the temple is broken by akuma who asks a question that will ring through his ears as he walks. mars looks back at the man before his eyes sling forward, navigating through the temple that he knew so well from nights of staying here. his tail swings back and forth as he lets out a quiet sigh, ears falling back as he shakes his head. "m-maybe. i don't know." he sputters. why would kaede be mad? because mars was alpha? that he had taken briar's place? the worry shakes through him, making him want to get through this part of the joining faster. he hated the thought, he hated the even mention of it. a low growl leaves his lips. mars had been up day and night, what had he done? but all those thoughts leave when he realizes that they are just signs. there was no speech from the gods yet. maybe it wasn't even him. maybe all the wolves were sinning and it was pissing the gods off even more than before. "they have been angry before." he mumbled, head shaking as he hurries towards the small shrine where necklaces were hung. he looks across them, shaped in a circle, leaf in the middle, shinning with green. his heart swells with pride and happiness once he sees them hanging by a metal chain. his tail swings from side to side as he looks to Akuma, "are you ready, akuma? to join earth officially?" he asks as he grabs one of the necklaces between his teeth, ready to crown the male of earth.

[ Reply ]

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »