pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Autumn Icon © UnoleSpirit
Current Layout Image © Dee & Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
A Banshee's Tune// Aderchop
Posted 10-26-2017, 02:01 PM |
Nova
Spirit
Female, 0
Ectomorph
40 in, 90 lbs
34 ep
© Tae
The sky was the color of fire, the warm hues was a beautiful sight to behold. The water reflected the colorful sky from above, casting an overall serene atmosphere in the area.

That was until a dark cloud slowly crept its way across the sky and covered the sun. The temperature seemed to drop an extra ten degrees. The tops of trees swayed to and fro as a sudden gush of wind danced through the air. It grew still, and just like that, a glimmering figure materialized in front of the waters edge. This shimmering figure was no other then Nova herself. She stared down at her stardust form in the water. From behind, she looked like a normal wolf, but from the front the true gore that she was would be revealed.

For now she would simply gaze at her ghostly reflection for a few seconds, then she would tilt her head back and let loose a mournful howl, its ghostly sound echoing across the lands.

“Hotaru...”

image by sylv

Aderchop

Click for some Nova tunes

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 04:50 PM | This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 04:55 PM by Aderchop
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.00
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
82 ep
© Sphinx
The sun had pressed warmth and red into the sky, spanning iridescent fingers even in dusk, and glittering off the serene waters of the lake.
Yet its slow and beautiful waning is quickly corrupted by a wolfish ambush of dark clouds, and with it comes howling and mourning winds and a shiver in the air.

Even as his lithe frame is rattled by the chill, and his pelt is tossed to and fro upon his very back, Aderchop smiles wanly at the incident of the change like it signifies something of interest.
Limping up in the direction of the lake, coming from the south, he recalls having met Mars for the first time here, and at a similar time of day. In fact, he considers, grinning wistfully, this day almost mirrors that day, and thus should it continue like this he should meet somebody by the lake this evening, beneath the sanguine sky.

As he nears he can pick up no wolven scent. Half-hopes still thriving, he breaks into a light trot, and the waters of the lake rise into view, with nobody standing by it as had Mars. He is about to click his tongue and frown a little, when before his very eyes a shimmering bluish form shudders into existence on the bank.

Aderchop stops dead in his tracks. For once, the snake, he of sadistic fancy and masochistic inner natures, he who finds humour and interest in the malign and the crooked - he is frozen.
Large round snake eyes, pupils contracted, stare solely upon the figure, whose edges flicker with the winds. His neck still cranes as it usually does, forward before him, and though his hackles do not raise and his ears remain still and unturned, his lips part slightly in something very close to speechless, breathless, instinctual fear.

After remaining rooted for perhaps twenty or so seconds, that usual morbid curiosity pulls him along by unstrained tether, for fear, though seldom so extreme in him when present, is in this case to him just the gravity of this strange incident attempting to ward him away, to prevent him from experiencing.
Ambling closer, steps calculated and quiet, eyes still wide but now shining more with focus than with fright, Aderchop approaches from behind what he realises must be a spirit of some sort, the kind he adored to hear about in his mother's tales.
How poetic, that in the very same place where I met a kindly soul of life and earth, I should now at a parallel time encounter a being of precisely the opposite, of death and all that it entails.

With a brief flicking of pale tongue over black lips, and a slight twitch of the left eye, he calls out in a voice concealing his shivers with all his might: "Alive as you but without breath, as cold in my life as in my death, never a thirst though I always drink, dressed in a mail but never a clink." He stops a little way behind her, roughly two metres; her face is unseen from here, and so he stands a pallid shadow awaiting her response to a simple riddle. "What am I?"
notes: giggles i am so ready
tags: Nova

Ever eating, never cloying,
All-devouring, all-destroying,
Never finding full repast,
Until I eat the world at last.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 05:16 PM | This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 05:24 PM by Mother Nature
Mother Nature
Mother Nature
Female, 10.50
----
in, lbs
ep
© Divinity
Mother Nature!

The reds began to deepen as the sky exchanged for dusk. Its sheen became more solid before it began to flicker, clouds crossing the overcast that seemed to coincide with a fog as it rolled in. It was subtle, at first. Wisps of dim tendrils that leeched the vegetation and spilled thinly over the lake. Working quietly, softly into the backdrop before thickets of it disperse. The tide of all things lost on earth, leered towards its inhabitants like a wave.
Sweeping under digits and ankles, it remained. Drifting. Each figure would now be a stray in the fog's vast ocean.

NOTE: Simply ignore this post if you do not wish to acknowledge Mother Nature. However, you will be granted 2 EP for participating in this event.

Aderchop Nova

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 05:33 PM | This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 05:34 PM by Nova
Nova
Spirit
Female, 0
Ectomorph
40 in, 90 lbs
34 ep
© Tae
Her mournful howls must have drawn the attention of wayward souls. She can hear the sound of leaves crinkling under paws.Twigs snapping in the wake of pressure. The sound caused her ears to twitch, her head rising slightly to peer across the sheet of liquid mirrors. All is quiet now except for the sound of the wind tugging at the trees and leaves falling to the ground. As if on cue, tendrils of fog began to creep along the waters surface and curl around her ebony paws like ghastly serpents.

The riddle causes her to hum slightly in thought. Normally a persons reaction to seeing her wouldn't be to ask a riddle. Although it's not something that she is against either. Without warning, her head turns 180 degrees to face him, though her body remains facing forwards. Its a truly horrifying sight, now that her skullish face is exposed. This would be visible just before the smoke gets too thick.

“Could it be a fish you speak of enigma child?” she deadpans, now seeing nothing but a figure in the fog.

Clearly disappointed, she turns her body around to face him. She wishes to see his face in reaction to what she just did. In order to do so, she gets so close to his own face that they would be touching noses, if she was alive. Her empty eye sockets stare at him, nothing but caverns of darkness that consume all who get trapped within them.

“Hotaru...”

image by sylv

Aderchop

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-27-2017, 12:50 PM | This post was last modified: 10-27-2017, 12:51 PM by Aderchop
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.00
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
82 ep
© Sphinx
Knowing, devouring, a mist rolls in, nearly opaque even at the tips of its snaking tendrils.
Mist had been a common haunt of his homelands. Those ominous, endless hills, the dark spruce woods, even the very caverns, they would oft bear a low hanging sheet of pale and thick fog, so often that he had of course never been afraid of it. Yet now, so acute in its timing it is, and so sentient in the way in which it slithers, silent, between his ankles and pours itself over the scene in such an ambient and sublime fashion, that it is enough cause for Aderchop's bones to twitch and shudder. He feels it passing through him, and shivers as it does, as one shivers at a finger up the spine.

Yet still, the mist's malevolence does not end there, as it remains too weak to conceal the spirit's visage up until the last moment when she half-turns to him over her shoulder, and a vision of sheer nightmare is shown to him just before it can be rendered unseen by the mist.

O, the obscenity of horror which has been presented before him this day! Though he moves not, and his expression, eyes already wide and blank and lips closed in a straight line, is stony, he feels within him a sharp and very present twitching and dislocation of his insides at the precise moment at which the spirit turns, ominous even in the nonchalance of attitude with which she turns and speaks, and addresses him.

There is no skin on her face. There are no eyes in the sockets. The voice which comes from those dry jaws should not even be, for no tongue moulds the words.

A part of him believes he is mad. A voice much like his mothers tells him he always was. A voice like his own screams back at her, echoing and malicious in cobra-like venom.
Perhaps this mist is not real. Perhaps this ghost does not sit here, and perhaps she has not answered his riddle.
Indeed, perhaps not, because only in his mind had people ever actually attempted at them, not to mention answered them correctly.

'Enigma child,' she calls him, gentle and cold, tragic. That is all he is, in this moment. He is but that lonely, sickly child, dwelling in the dark, and she is something glowing behind the very fabric of reality, beyond the veil of life and peering back down at him.
And then she comes closer.
That skull face turns fully round towards him, and though he cannot see the details through the mist, when she comes close enough so that he can feel the chill off her spectral form, something in him seizes up, knowing what it is that stands before him.

When he speaks, his voice is a whisper. It does not tremble, but to him he sounds just like that child lost to history, lost in the labyrinth of time.
"Fish cannot feel pain. They have not the capacity for a conscious awareness of such a thing. They are cold in life and they breathe in ways unlike those who tread upon the land."
Serpent eyes stare directly into the place where he knows hers must be, and his breath catches once in his throat when for but a second the mist moves before her face and reveals those cavernous sockets.

"Do you feel pain still?" He allows that shivering breath behind his teeth to release in a faint, quivering hiss, but he quickly sucks it back again and says, "How do you breathe?"
notes: yeah...he maaay have been comparing her to a fish

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-27-2017, 04:32 PM |
Nova
Spirit
Female, 0
Ectomorph
40 in, 90 lbs
34 ep
© Tae
His reaction is priceless, it has whatever is left of her lips quirking into an amused smirk. Even through the fog she can see his wide eyes and lips pulled into a thin line. It has amused cackle falling past exposed jaws, her laughter echos throughout the air. The sound is real, but is she? Her head twists on its shoulders until she is facing the right way. She stands up, turning around to face the figure in the fog. Once again she approaches him, face to face with the living wolf.

She listens to his nervous ramblings enjoying the way he sounds. As if he was a child lost amidst a sea of monsters. Her head tilts to the side ever so slightly; dark caverns that should hold eyes hallow as ever.

“Pain? I wish I did, but I haven't in awhile now. Well, not least physical pain at least” her words are playful in nature, but have a underlying meaning to them that only family and her goddess would truly understand.

Her form glimmers, stardust body glowing within the dense mist. She didn't always mind being a spirit. She loved the way her glistered, as if she was using the divine power without the consequences of it. She missed the feeling of having the necklace strung around her neck. She missed staring at that pale gem strung round her neck. Her pleasant and nostalgic thoughts halt as the voice of the stranger speaks once more.

“It's simple, we don't, and if I'm not mistaken.... it sounds like you're comparing me to a fish.... is that correct, Child of Enigma?” she tests him, leaning in ever so slightly closer.

Her eyes drift down his body and lands on the violet necklace resting snugly against his pale chest. If she had eyes, envy would swirl within them. She lets her head lower to stare at the amethyst.

“I was in Enigma once upon a time. I remember playing within those cavernous labyrinths as a mere pup when I first found Doutaini. My mother took me away from that clandestine place though, introduced me to the wonders of Divine pack. ” she speaks solemnly, her velvety voice doesn't match her appearance whatsoever.

image by sylv

Aderchop

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-29-2017, 12:03 PM |
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.00
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
82 ep
© Sphinx
When laughter, a hollow cackling, comes shuddering from those dry and empty jaws, Aderchop is both afflicted with another small bout of twitching about the face, and with a strange dousing feeling of relief. A spirit beyond mirth, no matter how sinister, is a spirit not yet swallowed by the void.
He listens further as she speaks, a cruel and jesting tone to her hoarse and echoing voice, and remains blank and wide-eyed, all those millions of cogs in his head spinning and whirring as she does. When she leans closer, delivering unto him a question half in amusement and half in challenge, there occurs within him a small snapping, and a wide white grin springs to his face and curls his expression into a manic one, his breath coming quiet and shallow from between clenched teeth.

"Fish are eternal," he blurts in a strange, hissing tone, his voice cracking in the middle of the final word and ringing quite harshly in the mist. "No wolf can recall a time before fish. I find them quite... uncanny. You seem to revel in my trepidation, good spirit, so does such a title as Fish bear such insult to you?"

Following this shuddering and hushed outburst, he forces his lips down over his teeth and swallows heavily, squeezing his eyes shut. He steps back and turns his face to the floor, twitching and shaking his head a little as if attempting to shake off some horrible vision - truly, this is the purpose.
He straightens his neck and raises his head, and stands now at a slightly further distance before the spirit. Looking upon her with wild and narrowed eyes, he hisses, "Spirits cannot walk upon land. They cannot. Only in... only in the tales. Speak to me then, spirit, if you stand here truly, and tell me if I am mad."
summary: ader goes a bit weird :/
notes: hes freaking out bc he thinks hes gone properly crazy HE DIDNT KNOW SPIRITS WERE A THING

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-30-2017, 01:18 AM | This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 12:18 AM by Nova
Nova
Spirit
Female, 0
Ectomorph
40 in, 90 lbs
34 ep
© Tae

He watches him slowly lose himself in front of her, his mind unraveling and unfurling. His teeth glint in the dim lightening, that manic grin a spectacular sight to the spirit. She is silent as he speaks, her hollow sockets seem to glint with amusement -- was that even possible?

"Fish, it doesn't insult me, it amuses me, if you wish to call me that then feel free." she muses, enjoying the sight of the wolf before her seemingly going mad.

She's had a multiple reaction to her stardust form. Some were admiration, sorrow, fear, and respect. This had been by far the most entertaining reaction by far though. She sees that he had backed up, and Nova would let that Cheshire smile spread across her features. She shimmers out of existence for a moment. The air stills, as if the whole forest was holding its breath in anticipation of what would come next. Suddenly she is behind him, her astral snout next to his ear; oh if only she were still alive.

"Do we look to be in a pups tale, boy?" the words are spat harshly from her jaws. They click shut before opening again as a charred black tongue glides across teeth. "But I don't know, child. Don't you know? We're all a little mad here"

"speech"
Aderchop
Notes: Causally makes a Alice in Wonderland ref.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-03-2017, 03:59 AM |
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.00
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
82 ep
© Sphinx
Where he stands, bent and shivering from cold and deep feeling, he laughs once, harsh and hollow, and his uneven breaths come with white steam unto the air.
”Then, Fish you are, good spirit.” The serpent grins up at her, head still bowed. His ears swivel constantly, and he listens to the wind as it falls in and out of their shells.

Then, as he looks she is gone, vanished. He stares at where she had stood, face a stiff and chilled rictus, and his brain thumps and pulses behind his eyes.
She was never there! Madness! Madness! Madness!
Tucking his chin into his breast, he closes those wide eyes and breathes rhythmically, counting each exhalation.
One... two... three...
A sting of cold, and she reappears at his shoulder, hissing words into his ear. Eyes remain closed, breaths hitch and falter.
...Five... six... seven...
He smiles at her words, teeth glitter, head raises, eyes swivel to her empty sockets. Humour. She has a sense of humour.

”You were once in Enigma?” Aderchop speaks to the mist upon the lake, eyes turned from the spirit, though his words are meant from her. He finds it absurd to listen to, that an apparition can still be rooted in reality in such a way. Of course he has heard tales of wandering ghosts, restless souls, but to hear it from one's mouth...

YOU HEAR NOTHING YOU ARE MAD SHE IS NOT HERE STOP SPEAKING STOP THIS AT ONCE YOU LUNATIC

”...And... you left it for... Divine..?”
He scoffs, pricking up his ears. ”You preferred making little shiny balls that float, over the power to read into all the mysteries of life and death?” Can spirits of this sort harm? He licks his teeth with pallid tongue, meeting her 'eyes' again. ”Strange. Well, I suppose Fish are not known for their intellect.”
Yes, poke at your hallucinations, why don't you.

”speech”
notes: the moral of the story is, when you're freaked out by something, be sassy to it

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-07-2017, 12:56 AM | This post was last modified: 11-07-2017, 12:56 PM by Nova
Nova
Spirit
Female, 0
Ectomorph
40 in, 90 lbs
34 ep
© Tae

Nova Dame.

▲ and so, it begins. ▼

His body shakes like a leaf, seemingly frail and weak. That's how Nova views the male before her; frail and weak. He continues to unravel before her, but he covers it with words to distract her. The ghoul inhales sharply out of nowhere when she feels something that isn't really there-- a slight movement within her stomach. It causes her to take a couple steps back from the living being. For a moment her form flickers, taking on a less terrifying appearance. Her eyes are back, verdant like grass. Her skin and fur is whole, yet one could see the scars that stretch up and down her legs from her battles with depression.

She paces slightly as her form fades back to the more morbid one. There is something different know though. Hanging from a gaping hole in her stomach is a small skeletal form. It sways slightly as if effected by the steps she takes. It's unclear what exactly the form is at the moment, and will continue to go unknown. Her ears-- what's left of them anyways --go flat against her skull at his words. She doesn't take the insult personally, but to hotaru. What skin is left of her lips curl upward as if she were grinning (or was it snarling?)

"You think you're funny boy? Using humor to escape the inner most depths of you mind?" she growls, stalking forward on singed limbs. it is now visible that the thing hanging from her stomach is nothing else but the spectral form of unborn children. "Perhaps I should share with you how I died, would you like that? You seem like you would"
Nova doesn't doubt one minute he would enjoy her story, but perhaps he would be too spooked by the distraction in her stomach to answer?

the banshee queen.

Tags: Aderchop
Notes: Sorry for taking so long to reply <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-13-2017, 02:24 PM |
Enigma
Aderchop
Enigma Wolf
Male, 4.00
Ectomorph
39 in, 90 lbs
82 ep
© Sphinx
He watches her with wide eyes, head turned to the side slightly, lips twisted in a cruel and uneven grin, his gaze flickering a little to one of shaky intrigue when briefly the ghost's form changes to one less decomposed in state; green eyes, lips over teeth, scars raking up her legs. Quickly, however, her face becomes hellish once more, bare bone greyed and dry. Failing thus far to look upon anything but her dead sockets, he glares into her face, mania glinting in his snake eyes.

Snickering when she bares her teeth and hisses in annoyance at him, he then tilts his muzzle downward a little, blinking away the sting in his unblinking eyes.
It is then that he sees it.
Gaze lingering first upon her chest, and then drifting to her side as she shifts her weight in a slow walk, he realises that where her stomach should begin to curve downward there is instead a gaping, black-red hole, from which hang the miniscule skeletons of what he immediately recognises must be unborn children, silent and gently swinging with their mother's every step.

The serpent draws in a breath, eyes wide, neck still craning over so that his head hangs rather low, so that if the ghost were closer his muzzle should be level with her chest. Visibly ensnared in a whirl of thought, enthralled and conflicted, he whispers, ”Interesting,” and steps slowly, gently forward, intending to begin circling her, and if she should keep in motion herself they should end up moving in a perpetual lock in which they are always parallel to each other, eyes ever fixed upon the other pair.

'Perhaps I should share with you how I died, would you like that? You seem like you would.'
Aderchop watches the lifeless babes still, yet occasionally his gaze flickers back to the ghost mother's, wondrous at what in the world his mind has conjured up.

His body still shivers, but hardly does he shrink from the experience of this ghastly encounter. He sucks this feeling from its morbid shell like a cold, dead oyster, hungry for its taste, and then he shall lay its shell alongside all the others from which he has supped, and sway before them, grinning wonkily.

”Pray tell.”

”speech” thought

notes: sorry for lateness bby

[ Reply ]