pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »
Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Private hold courage to your chest.
Posted 10-24-2017, 11:13 PM | This post was last modified: 10-24-2017, 11:15 PM by Mars
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the walk from lacrima lake was long and most likely tasking for the both. as mars was carrying the small pup in his jaws, carrying fetch as he was most likely tired anyways from all the tears. but, this mars didn't mind. long strides pace the ground, walking towards the gaia. his eyes were wary as his large paws move into the gaia. he gently leans down, setting fetch to the ground as he smiled down at him. his ears twitch as the birds sing into the night. mars nuzzled down into the boy to assure him that it was alright to move. "this is the gaia, where i stay and will you as long as you please, fetch. though, i do hope you stay for awhile." he murmurs as he looks to the woods and then to the gaia temple. for they can retrieve the young boy's necklace as he settles in the gaia. for there is a lot to learn and take in for a new pup in the gaia. mars then tilts his head down as he grooms the male. he then pulls his head up as he starts to walk towards the inners of the gaia with a soft smile. "let us get you some food, you're hungry, yeah?" he murmurs as he walks slowly, not wanting the pup to feel alone as his long strides take the land underneath him and move. his tail swishes from side to side, happy eyes and smile. for now he has someone to impart all his wisdom to. to teach of kaede and show how the forest can help others as well as themselves. his eyes graze fondly over the other before they stare start ahead, trying to focus to see if there were any small animals around to pounce on, quickly.

Fetch; i apologize for the shortness and spaciness, i am super tired!
note: pp was approved by fetch’s writer.

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-25-2017, 01:38 PM | This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 01:45 PM by Fetch
Earth
Fetch
Earth Pup
Male, 0.50
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
Throughout the journey, the small pup managed to doze on and off. The further from Lacrima Lake they got, the warmer it became and he was more than thankful. Once he was set down, Fetch looked up at Mars inquisitively. The Gaia... He played that word over in his head a few times so that he could try and remember it. The pup's tail tip began to twitch as a bit of happiness crept in at Mars' words. It felt nice to have someone that genuinely enjoyed his company. His mother seemed so angry all the time... He never really knew why, but he always had a feeling it was because of him.

At the mention of food, Fetch leaped to his paws in excitement. "Yeah! I'm starving!" Tail wagging now, the dark-furred pup trotted up to Mars' side. Fetch put his nose to the ground, sniffing around as he'd seen his mother do before. However, he was much too young to make sense of all the scents that came from this new place. Try as he might, all he could smell was the overwhelming scent of earth and moss and he scrunched his face up in frustration.

-----

Mars

If I don't respond within 2 days, please either re-tag me, send me a PM or yell at me on Discord!

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-25-2017, 02:54 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars' smiles, looking down at the boy who seems to want to help him hunt. mars presses his nose to the ground as well. he lowers his body to the ground and nods towards the woods, "don't be frustrated, fetch. this is all new. lower yourself so we can sneak upon the prey." mars murmurs to the young, eyes set on a raccoon that waddles towards a tree. his eyes squint and focus on it, tail wavering slowly as he watches. his teeth are shown for a second, thinking if he wanted to use the elements to help him. but, he wanted to teach fetch the old fashioned way of doing things. his claws rake on the grass before he charges, full on with long strides of his legs. the meso runner built for speed. he pounces into the raccoon, teeth sinking into the raccoon's neck. the life fades from the small animal's eyes within seconds. he gripped the raccoon in between his teeth as he held it by it's neck. he trotted back over and dropped it in front of the young. his nose nuzzles the raccoon towards fetch. "now, eat. next time you'll try, alright?" he asks, smiling as he sits beside the young, pressing his warmth into him for a few moments even though the gaia always stayed warm here. his eyes flicker from the sides of the gaia and then to the young boy. "you will learn in time, you have to overcome the smells that reach your nose. the moss and fresh life here is hard to overcome. but you need to focus on the scent of the living, the dirtied whom don't bathe." he chuckles as he lays his body down, using his teeth to start to tear into the small animal, making it easier for fetch to eat.

Fetch

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 10:44 AM |
Earth
Fetch
Earth Pup
Male, 0.50
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
Frustration turned to excitement as Mars began to instruct the pup. Following the order, Fetch lowered his body to the ground, but instead of looking neat and calculated like the older wolf, the small pup looked as if he were simply lying on the ground! He didn't even notice his sloppy stance, for he was very young and simply happy to be involved.

Fetch watched as Mars leaped upon the prey and took it down with ease, the pup's eyes shining with admiration. "Wow! That was fast! What is that, anyway?" He's never had raccoon before, or even seen one, but he trusts Mars. As the prey was set down before him, he reached out and sniffed at it as well as he could, trying to get himself to remember the smell for the future. As Mars lays down and rips into the animal, Fetch sits beside him, tilting his head and wagging his tail in excitement until it was ready to eat. Then, he would hop at the prey, pinning it with his front paws as if catching it. "I'll get one next time for sure!" He almost didn't take the time to even finish his sentence before he was hungrily gulping down small chunks of the meat.

-----

Mars

If I don't respond within 2 days, please either re-tag me, send me a PM or yell at me on Discord!

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 11:06 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars is proud of the other, for he cannot deny that fetch did try. but, nonetheless, he is small and still a pup. all he needed to know as of now was some basic hunting skills. mars nuzzles his nose down into fetch as he eats, protective over the young. for he is patient as the other eats, a smile works its way onto his lips. his eyes scan over the gaia. he wonders if fetch's mother is still around, or if the mother had left fetch. it seemed to happen more than mars' would like to think about. it made his heart crunch, hatred for whoever would do that. but there was a bit of an usual feeling, he wished his parents would have done it, dropped him off, then he would have never been scarred, his ear would have been intact. he takes in a breath of the fresh air as well as the smell of blood in the air. "you will. it takes time, fetch. it took me awhile how to learn as well." he chuckles as he leans his head down, laying it on his front paws as he looks into the forest, "raccoon is good, i tell you though, the best is elk. maybe you can see into a hunt soon enough, watch the adults take down some prey? you could see a lot, take some tips." he nods and looks back to the pup. he wonders if asceo would watch fetch whilst he hunted or if he could scrounge up a pupsitter out of the small amount of wolves they currently had. for fetch needed to get introduced to the other pups and wolves of the group. socialization, as soon as the wolves appeared to the meetings and whatnot. a yawn leaves his lips as he looks back to the pup, "did you have any siblings?" he asks, curious.

Fetch

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 11:20 AM |
Earth
Fetch
Earth Pup
Male, 0.50
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
Because Fetch was small, he didn't eat too much of the prey, but it was enough to fill him. Licking his lips as he finished, the pup smiled towards Mars. "Thank you for the meal." he said in a very polite tone. He sat, then, listening to Mars speak of hunting and Fetch's excitement grew. "I can't wait! I'm gonna be the best hunter, you'll see!"

The excitement faded almost as quickly as it had come, though, at Mars' question. Fetch seemed a bit sad as he once again recalled his mother. "Mother said I had two sisters, but they died right after they were born. She said I came first, and that I killed them to be the first born. She said that's how a lot of litters work, but it still hurts... Knowing it's my fault..." The poor pup looked miserable now, his ears pinned to his head and his shoulders sagging. He couldn't even look at Mars anymore, shame washing over him like high tide.

-----

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 11:53 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars waits until the other is finished before he even thinks about taking a bite. he gently tears into the meal afterwards, taking small bites. just in case fetch decided he wanted more. mars listened to the young, his mouth dropping to a frown from a smile. why would a mother even put that thought into the child's head? mars shakes his head in a no, before his mouth opens to speak, "it isn't your fault, fetch. your mother decided who came first and how she could take care of you all. that is what a mother does." his voice is soft, trying to be a comfort as he uses his paw to put around the pup, if he allowed. "when i was born, i had four brothers and a sister. we all survived the weaning stage. after that it was.. less than nice. cruel. we had to all fight to stay alive, kill each other. my parents wanted us to grow up as warriors. that is why they named me mars, after the god of war. pluto, my sister, didn't even make it past three seasons after too much intense training, she passed in her sleep. then came the fight of the yearlings and. zeus passed." mars preferred not to speak of how he had passed, as zeus had been killed by his own flesh and blood. "and after that, i left my family. i escaped during the night. i traveled for two or three seasons before i found doutaini, here. a safer place than i had been. and, it has been hard losing siblings, i know that. but, you cannot blame yourself for something that you had no control over." mars cringes with the story he tells of his past. he remembers that he had never spoken it aloud to anyone, he shakes away the fear that places in his heart. that there are two other brothers out there- most likely searching to take him down. but, oh well. mars looks to the young, "things happen that we cannot change. we just have to move on and accept that it has happened. i wish it wasn't that way, but it is." mars nods to the young, starting to get up from his comfortable position. he gently nudged fetch, "come now, let's get your necklace and then we can return to my den for a nap, how does that sound?"

Fetch

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-26-2017, 07:39 PM |
Earth
Fetch
Earth Pup
Male, 0.50
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
The paw around him was a bit startling, and Fetch flinched a bit in fear. The only time a paw had ever come near him was when he'd be hit. However, Mars was not the same as his mother. He had to keep reminding himself of that. It was hard, due to his young age and underdeveloped mind, but he was doing his best.

His ears perked to listen to the older wolf's story, but quickly found their way back down against his head. His expression shifted from horror to sympathy as the tale was told, and without really thinking about it, the pup moved closer to Mars and pressed his tiny body against the male's thick neck fur. "I'm so sorry, Mars..." Fetch said in a soft, almost frightful tone. "Your parents sound mean. My mother was mean a lot, too. But we're both okay now, right?" Trying to give reassuring words even though he was too young to have much experience, Fetch gave Mars a light lick to the cheek.

Then, the older wolf stood and Fetch tilted his head in curiosity. "Necklace? What's that?" He, too, stood and followed Mars carefully towards the Gaia.

-----

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-27-2017, 07:50 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars never knew that a pup, as young as fetch's age, could be such a comfort. all the anxiety that had flared in him was gone with the comfort of touch, of fetch pushing into him and granting the lick of mars' cheek. a smile returns to his lips, one that was long gone. "we are okay now. i promise you that." he speaks. he knows it. mars would never let this woman snatch fetch up again. as he would never let his brothers nor his parents snatch him up again. he gives a small nuzzle into the young's back. before he starts to take his long strides. "a necklace? well, young fetch, that is what is around my neck. it shows that i am of kaede, of earth. kaede is the god that watches over earth- the great protector." mars explains, knowing that the necklace held much more meaning but for now, that was not important. what was important was settling the young down and giving him assurance that he was safe in the gaia. mars' tail swings back and forth as they make their way through the forest, almost jungle-like. his eyes always flicker between the path in front of him and to fetch, "is that alright? a necklace? it can do much more than show where you are. but we will get to that later on. first, necklace, then rest." mars needs to show the pups how to use magic- all the ones in the gaia. for it would come in handy at some point in their youth.

Fetch

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-27-2017, 04:40 PM |
Earth
Fetch
Earth Pup
Male, 0.50
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
"Kaede?" inquired the pup, tilting his had as the two canines walked. The forest around them was nothing like anything Fetch had seen before. It was so... Green! Trees and foliage everywhere. The young pup and his mother lived in a forest, but nothing anywhere near this. He found it greatly comforting to be surrounded by so much of Mother Nature's creation.

At the notion of this Kaede being a god, Fetch's ears perked and he looked a bit shocked. "You know about gods, too! My Granpaw told me lots of stories about them! They're spirits who watch over us and guide us through life, right? Grandpaw said there are lots of gods and that we should always make time to thank them for the things they do for us." Fetch sounded much older than he really was when he spoke of the gods, understanding fully how important they were.

The notion that Fetch was going to get his own necklace caused excitement to rush through the small pup from ears to tail-tip. He couldn't help wagging his tail and walking just a bit faster in anticipation. "That sounds great! Does Kaede give me the necklace? Will I get to meet them? Have you ever met Kaede? What do they look like?" The questions came flooding out, a reminder that he was still just a pup, full of wonder and imagination. And questions. Many, many questions.

-----

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-27-2017, 06:00 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

a smile rolls up onto mars' lips when he hears of the story his granpaw. mars watches the other, seeing how important gods are to his heritage as well. it makes mars smile- oh, only if briar were here to see this. he would love fetch. he would love teaching the young boy. mars looked down to the young when he spoke of so many questions. "why, we have quite a lot of gods here fetch. even god's children, like kaede. demigods. eight of them. then there are six main gods." mars tells the young, "each year we celebrate them, and hoshiko comes down, the goddess of spirits here, and blesses a wolf, gives them special powers." he knows that this might go over his head, but he explains it anyway. maybe fetch would retain some of it. his eyes watch in front of him, ready to answer his questions. "kaede has lots of work to do. he can't give you the necklace, but i will. if that is okay, fetch. maybe you will meet him soon. i have met kaede four different times. " mars lets out a soft chuckle, when he first met him it was a celebration for the god that briar had held, then he had seen him when haya, hoshiko and kaede had to settle things in between each other, then when svana challenged the god, and lastly, when he was blessed. his eyes flutter down to the boy, smiling, "when kaede comes down, he comes in the form of a bear. he is made of moss, vines, any greenery." he speaks, tail swishing back and forth as the temple comes into their sight. he looks over the broken pieces of temple, letting out a sigh. this is where he used to stay, until he found a den with his love. "he is an amazing god, fetch. i hope you get to meet him many times. you will never regret it."

Fetch

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-29-2017, 12:00 AM |
Earth
Fetch
Earth Pup
Male, 0.50
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
The young pup was doing his very best to sort out all of the information he was being given. Knowledge was one of his absolutely favorite things in life. He loved learning new things, exploring new places, learning new skills. He was rather good at retaining information, for such a young one. Surely, he still had a lot of growing to do, but he was quick to pick up the most important things he learned. And all of this about Kaede was very important - to him and to Mars, it seemed, as the older wolf's entire mood seemed to shift when speaking of his god. Fetch grinned, enjoying seeing Mars happy.

"I can't wait! I hope he's kind. I wonder if he knows where Mother is? I wonder..." Fetch's voice trailed off as they approached the ruined temple. His eyes grew wide with fascination. He'd never seen anything so intricately designed. Surely this was not the work of mother nature? It seemed too... Calculated in its construction. Sharp edges and odd designs that made no sense to the pup. Nevertheless, he was drawn to it, his small paws carrying him slowly towards the holy place. "This place is cool!" blurted the pup, unable to contain himself.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-29-2017, 05:04 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars smiled at the pup's excitement. his ears flick as they reach the temple. mars lets out a breath, there is nothing else like the rush of being here, about to retrieve a new necklace for kaede's grace. mars gave a small bow of his head before he nodded towards the entrance of the temple. he smiled down at fetch, motioning that it was alright to enter as mars did, walking onto the mossy interior of the place. the walls were intact with spider webs and moss creeps up the walls. it was cool in the old place as mars' paws trailed the path towards the necklaces. mars wondered of fetch's mother, he would send some of his wolves on a mission to find her soon, hopefully they would either find the woman or find her to be gone- maybe it would be better if she was gone. she didn't seem like the best to leave her pup in the freezing cold and who had told her child awful things. he glances back to the young, "maybe, fetch." he murmurs as his eyes set on the small shrine in front of them, which held the necklaces. mars leaned up, gently grasping the chain in between his teeth before he leaned back down, waiting for the young pup to let him put the necklace on, "may i?" he murmurs, heart softening at this moment.

Fetch

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-02-2017, 08:59 PM |
Earth
Fetch
Earth Pup
Male, 0.50
Endomorph
18 in, 20 lbs
19 ep
© Andrew
The young pup's eyes went alight with wonder as Mars stepped forward and grabbed the necklace. All of this was so new to little Fetch and he couldn't keep his paws still! He closed his eyes and bowed his head as Mars asked permission to present the necklace and once it was around his small neck, his entire world seemed to change in an instant. Suddenly, he understood what all of this meant. This was his new home, with Mars. He wouldn't be seeing his mother again. Normally, this would upset any pup as young as he was, but there was a comforting sort of feeling in the air that reassured Fetch that he would be okay.

"Thank you, Mars..." murmured Fetch, lifting his head to look the older wolf in the eyes with confidence, "I'm gonna repay you for being so kind to me. I'll protect you and everyone in Earth!"

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-02-2017, 10:47 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

there is a certain type of peace in this moment, in the temple, with fetch, necklace in mouth. when the young leans down, mars leans his head down, placing the necklace over his head. mars smiled as he stood back up to his feet. the words that leave the pup's mouth make his smile grow even larger. "i know you will, fetch. i know you will. and no need to thank me. you can repay me, by being kind to everyone, no matter what happens." mars speaks, leaning down to place a gentle nuzzle to his head, lasting a few moments before he picks himself back up. a soft sigh leaves his lips, content with this scene, content with his life in the gaia. peace manages to run through his veins for the first time in months, since briar passed. there is a loving gaze placed upon the young pup, "dear fetch, let us go to my den, nap. it has been a long day." he hums, giving a gentle smile as he gives a nod, "can you walk, or do you want to ride on my back?" he asks, leaning down as he asks, almost laying down on the temple floor that was covered in moss. a breath leaves his lips as he places his stomach against the moss, waiting on the young to make a choice. but, there was no rush in his words, no rush in the way his eyes gazed over the new resident in his heart. his tail swished from side to side, ears falling to his head as a yawn leaves the man's lips.

Fetch ahh my heart <3

[ Reply ]

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »