pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Autumn Icon © UnoleSpirit
Current Layout Image © Dee & Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome hunger of the pine
Posted 09-29-2017, 12:01 AM |
Cedar
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-29-2017, 01:47 PM |
Cedar
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
the setting summer sun lingers in the wooded haven, nestled so high in the cold, sharp cliffs of mountains. her breath catches once, then twice - the day is fading, and so is her heart, turning her bright eyes sullen. young wolf, where do you lay your head? the rustle of wind, balmy and salt-scented, slips past her cheeks as if the sea reaches out to brush away unshed tears. loneliness is an appetite, a hunger that plagues and twists and lingers. she can feel it fraying all of her edges, and a sigh wends its weary way past her clenched, yellowing teeth. through the crooked branches of the ageless willow and its stunted evergreen attendants, she finds the comfort of one last sunbeam. cedar turns her face to its embrace, eyes regaining a little of their gleam (pale sage and moss, green things of the woods).

an eternity passes, and so does the sun. she is left wistful, turning with a shudder towards the collection of graves, some marked and others plain. do i know any of you? she wonders aloud. almost as if to answer, a nightingale sings overhead, perching amidst the gnarled boughs of the watching willow. cedar neglects to stay and allow herself to succumb to rapture, forcing her aching limbs away. the swish of a brushbottle tail at her heels is in time to a much slower rhythm, and it stutters to a stop once she reaches the end of her path, spun between the graves. the earth drops away mere inches from her paws, plunging into the open sea. waves roil below, and she leans forward, hackles prickling as she studies those wild eddies and whorls. perhaps she hopes to divine a fortune from the rush of the tide.

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-29-2017, 04:26 PM | This post was last modified: 09-29-2017, 07:27 PM by Mars
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 2.75
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

time to come visit the graves, make a place for the past king. he had been meaning to come here, to make one, to mark briar's place here. mars steps into the area, sadness overtaking him as he realizes that as he will make this gravestone, that briar will truly be gone. he hopes that the spirit will visit, but, he does not worry about it as of now. this was supposed to be, happish. marking briar's place. that is what he reminded himself of. he moved through the graves before he caught a wild scent. his eyes flicker around as his eyes catch on the young girl from the pits. a small smile perks on his lips as he nears her. though, he hears her talk. so, she had been from here? his eyes softly gaze upon her. the poor girl was looking for family. his heart aches for her as he finally decides to speak,

“ahem... cedar was it?” he clears his throat at the beginning of his speech before his hazel eyes look over her, head cocking to the side as he awaits her answer. he is still a good distance from her, not wanting to show himself as a threat.

Cedar

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-16-2017, 08:56 PM |
Cedar
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
Her mind wanders in the tides far below, slipping through the whirlpool waves and into the darkness beyond. There is too much weighing on her soul in this moment. The longing to shed that burden and suspend herself in a moment absent of thought is piercing enough to make her heart ache. The home she chose in the pits seems far-off and unreachable, and the young wolf has yet to set paw on the red rock of Rebel. Perhaps she regrets it; a choice made in a moment of heat and bruised pride, rising to what was surely a challenge purposefully set for her to sink teeth into. Cedar cannot deny that she is curious, but how far did that go? Did curiosity have the ability to drown the fear that crept back into the back of her mind? A twitch in the pit of her belly reminds her that anxiety hasn't abandoned her yet.

A voice from behind makes her jerk away from the edge of the cliff with a quiet gasp. Pebbles scatter and jump beneath her toes when she turns, heart in her throat and hackles sweeping upwards over her nape. The dreary surroundings veil the gleam of her gaze, in addition to the brooding ridge of her quirked brow. Recognition lights a fire in her eyes within the space of a breathless moment, and her shoulders loosen. oh - i'm sorry! she chirps, her voice a trill of relief and shyness (she hides her embarrassment well, however). you startled me. Mars, right? The alpha of Earth; his offer had been tempting, before Asclepius arrived, bearing the temptation of challenge. The Rebel alpha is a beast, but a coy one. I hope I'm not disturbing you. Her gaze flits towards the plot of graves, briefly wondering if he is here to mourn.

Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-18-2017, 02:20 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 2.75
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

the element of surprise seems to have the young woman on edge, then again if someone had wiggled their way into his space in a time of mourning or wandering, he would have pretty startled as well. mars bows his head with apologizes, "i am sorry, i did not mean to startle you." he hums as he sniffs the air, it smells of the the ridge. his head cocks to the side, sniffing in her direction before it is settled that she has indeed joined rebel. a nod is given to her, "yes, mars it is. and no, i am sorry for startling you cedar. i do not mean any harm." he speaks, shifting on his paws as he scans across the land, wondering if she knew anybody here. "are you visiting anyone?" he asks as he steps closer, assuming that he is not labeled a threat anymore as he walks a bit closer, eyes on the ground as he watches not to step on any graves that lay here. he rounds up to her side as he looks around, trying to pin point somewhere that she may have been looking, as he does so, he speaks, "so, you have joined rebel?" he asks when he brings his head up, looking over to the bare-necked woman. "how do you like it?" he asks, one thought bubbling up and he has to swallow to keep the mention of what happened in the pits down. that she does not belong to anyone, king or not. no one belonged to him. every creature here only belonged to themselves, that was what doutaini held that was so beautiful. his hazel eyes cast for a plot to make mental note of coming back here and making a spot for briar, sometime when it was quiet and subtle.

Cedar

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]