pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Borders the art of eye contact.
Posted 09-25-2017, 09:03 AM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

it is not long after kei's afflictions that the newly crowned king makes his way towards the cerulean waters. he needed to talk to the king of water, he needed advice, experience. and he knew that keston was a good man. he also told loreza that he would come and visit after what happened in the hakai mists forests. it is not long after that he finds himself in the presence of kei's borders. his tail wiggles from side to side as he places a call for the alpha. he waits at the borders, sitting his rump down on the ground of the sand. maybe he can talk to the man about being allies. his eyes shift across the sands as he waits for the king to show. he wonders if the man would see him as a threat. his tail tucks in between his legs and ears perk high as his head stays bowed. he wants to show respect for keston, for his lands.

Keston; takes place after this thread.

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-14-2017, 09:54 PM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 3.75
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
673 ep
© Julie
KESTON LIONCOURT

The last days of summer kept the golden man company as he roamed through the Cerulean, minding the borders and tending the lands in the preparation of the changes that would arrive with autumn. The days were growing colder and shorter it seemed, or perhaps his days were simply packed with more tasks vying for his attention. Keston had spent much of his time away from Kei’s vast ocean, landlocked by the demands that pulled him there to fulfill the promise he had made to his patroness. The Lioncourt dare not forsake her patronage, and as he found his path leading towards the beachfront view, clearwater eyes turned out to sea. It was there that his spirit was renewed, filled with bounty overflowing in his heart as he is reminded of the vow and the reason he continued on; this was a kingdom too great for him alone and Kei’s love filled the voids in his heart and soul. They were his offerings to the rest of Doutaini, though they were only rightfully Kei’s to offer, he served as her ambassador and voice. He only hoped he spoke with verisimilar likeness, true to the purpose of Kei. Having paused a moment along the beach to invest in the oceanic view, the lion-hearted would soon resume his passage when the call of the Kaede’s king reached the russet-edges of his ears. Keston kicked up the sand in his wake as he moved to greet the visitor along the borders, a polite smile resting on his features despite their days of shared mourning for Briar’s death. “Mars, welcome to Cerulean Waters.” He offered serenely, lowering his muzzle briefly in greeting as a moment passed in silence. As he lifted his head, cerulean eyes would inquire with concern after the king’s well-being, a notion arising out of curiosity too for what had brought Mars to the opposite edge of Doutaini. “How are you?” Keston knew all too well about the hardships bequeathed to the wolf succeeding a beloved leader, and how easy it was to forget in matters of self-care.
Mars - sorry for the wait! <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-18-2017, 02:35 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars waits along the sand, finding peace in the crashing waves of the beach. his tail swishes from side to side as he awaits the lioncourt's presence. it had been such awhile since the man had seen the asceo's lover. he knew that they had children together, but as far as if they were together, he did not know. he just had guessed so, that every creature that had children together loved each other. then again, his parents tolerated each other, for the sake of their little warriors- maybe they were in love, he never stuck around long enough to tell. mars looks to the sands as he sees them being kicked up as keston makes his way there. he stands tall and proud as he sees the man come close and he is greeted. "keston it is a pleasure to see you again, i am alright. busy." he speaks as he looks upon the male, "how are you?" he asks, a soft cough coming from his lips, not used to breathing in the sandy lands of a beach. he stands back up, catching the man's scent and sticking a mental note on it, to remember it. "i hope you don't mind me popping up like this. i just wanted to see how kei's lands were after... well, everything." he gives a small smile as his eyes cast upon kei's main advocate. he looks flawless as the sands behind him, the sea even further behind him. he is a beautiful man, he can see why mercury had a small crush on him. a small pulls at his lips at that thought, oh mercury, always quite the charmer.

Keston

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-29-2017, 11:01 PM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 3.75
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
673 ep
© Julie
KESTON LIONCOURT

Sapphire eyes led the silent inquiry into the newly crowned king’s well-being, but Keston hardly felt satisfied with Mars’ reply. “I hope you are finding time for yourself.” The Lioncourt advised, having been in Mars position many several times in his past when he had forgotten to look after his own health and sanity. How could the new king continue to serve Kaede if he ran himself completely ragged? Concerned, Keston held his tongue from further, unsolicited advice when Mars asked him in return. “I am well, all things considered.” The lion admitted with a gentle smile easing onto his features—between the godly feud and the deaths of two friends, the past few weeks had been a trying time for the Lioncourt man. It was not easy, but another challenge for him to overcome on borrowed strength from Kei. Mars coughed softly against the humid and brackish air of the Cerulean, and turning to find a makeshift dish out of a tortoise shell, Keston inhaled and held his breath until a light drizzle fell and began to fill the shell with fresh water. “Here, have a drink.” Keston offered the shell to Mars, making sure his guest was comfortable before he relaxed back on his hindquarters that camouflaged into the golden sands. “You are welcome to visit whenever you like.” Started the ocean regent with a light smile, pausing to look out towards the sky above an endless sea where Hotaru had sat as a second sun. Her blinding, searing light had been dangerous to endure and his skin still pricked at the memory of the sunburn he faced in trying to evacuate the pack. “We were fortunate and did not suffer any real damage.” Keston admitted as his eyes turned back to Mars. “I’m sorry the Gaia was not as fortunate—is there still damage? I’d like to help should you need it.” The lion offered. Keston had tried to save Earth’s home from the overflowing waters that day, using dehydration to dry up the forest. But there had been too much water for him to manage and before he knew it, the use of his powers was overspent and he lay unconscious beneath the sprawling canopy.
Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-30-2017, 08:15 AM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

mars gives a smile at the lioncourt's concern for him. he gives a nod, "i do try, keston. thank you." he murmurs, listening his voice. his ears perk and turn to Keston's voice, listening to him before he feels the drizzle of rain, his head turns to the sky before back to the man, chuckling as he sees the other holding his breath. he then dips his head to take a drink from the shell, "thank you so much. i was parched." he speaks when his head lifts back, chin wet from the droplets of water that fell from his lips. he watches as the other almost blends into the sand. mars smiles, for he knows that keston belongs here, in kei's sights. it is made in the stars. mars chuckles at this sighting and takes a mental note to remember this moment, a special one. his eyes wander the sands and then the ocean when keston says he is welcome here anytime. he nods, that would be good to bring baby and fetch here, to see the ocean and play in the sand. mars clears his throat, "thank you keston, you are welcomed to the gaia as well. i know amelia and roscoe stay there as well as asceo, you are welcome to stay as long as you need to see them." he purred. not being able to see the adopted kids that mars had would break his heart if he couldn't wake up with them beside him. then the question arises of how the gaia's damage is repairing, "there is some, but we are handling it, thank you for the offer, keston. just a few limbs to drag out of the way and trees to grow again and we should be fine again." he pauses, "so, keston, i was wondering if you would agree to a training with earth. i would love for the two of our packs to get to know each other a little more, seeing as we see each other in the pits so much and we could stand to learn a little more about each other, right?" mars chuckles as he rests himself back in the warm sand, smiling, "would that be alright? what're you thoughts?" mars asks, head cocking to the side in tow of the questions.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-30-2017, 10:35 PM |
Mother Nature
Mother Nature
Female, 10.75
----
in, lbs
ep
© Divinity
Mother Nature!

Discomfort fills the air, thickening as if a fog has rolled through. It grips at your chest and lungs and chills the air around you-- nothing seems safe. Though the sun is still shining, the wind still rustling through the leaves, there is an uncanny offness that is disquiet and unsettling. Somewhere in the near distance, a scream-- a shrill cry, a shriek. A rabbit, screaming, screaming as if in distress, though there is none to be had. The robins that perch above continue to stare with beady black eyes, seeming just as unsettled. Perhaps it would be best to move on from this place.

NOTE: Simply ignore this post if you do not wish to acknowledge Mother Nature. However, you will be granted 2 EP for participating in this event.

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-30-2017, 06:35 PM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 3.75
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
673 ep
© Julie
KESTON LIONCOURT

Having reached satisfaction from the earthen king’s reply about his wellbeing, the politeness of a smile lingered on his features and Keston. He grown rather fond of the man during their frequent crossing of paths, a kinship sprung from the similarity of their harmonious dispositions, a welcomed addition that Keston found to ease the heartache of his own absent family. It was rather ironic how the Lioncourt spent years of his youth trying to stitch together the brokenness of a home, yet was able to find affluent friendship and a sense of family in those he met far from the stretches of these golden beaches. Doutaini was his family—well beyond the namesake he had been branded with at birth, and the gilded man found his heart was full with the discovery of friendship he had unearthed in nearly every corner of Doutaini. Pleasant features were fixed with a smile as he waited for Mars to finish drinking as a seaward breeze combed through the pseudomane encircling his neck.

Gratefulness found him when Mars finished his drink and looked towards him with an invitation to the Gaia so that he could visit with Asceo and their children. “I appreciate that very much, Mars. Thank you.” Keston replied with a bow of his head, while his heart raced wildly in his chest from the excitement and relief of the moment. The Lioncourt was already planning a visit, but turned his attention back to the fellow king as he explained the damage and progress the Gaia had made after Haya’s wrath. Relieved the damage was not more intensive, he is quickly met with a proposal from Mars that rather intrigued him. “I think that sounds like an excellent idea. What kind of training did you have in mind?” Countered Keston immediately, renewed with the eager excitement that seemed to weave throughout his body. Though before he could find an answer, the brilliant shoreline suddenly became clouded as a dense veil of fog rolled in from the sea. The temperature dropped and left the warrior king with a feeling of unease, hackles raising while clearwater eyes searched for the source of the strange phenomenon. Visibility had been reduced and Keston called out into the mist. “Mars—Mars? Are you all right?” He asked, before the shrill cry in the distance jolted his heart into a frenzied rhythm.
Mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 12-05-2017, 05:01 PM |
Earth ( Admin )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

when keston spoke of the appreciation that he felt from mars' offer, the king's tail wavers back and forth at a quicker pace. there was a lot of hope radiating from him, that kei's advocate would allow the two packs to train together. mars wanted the two packs to work together. maybe even be allied soon. mars knew that asceo and keston were something of an item and with keston being the sweetest guy he had known, his hope spreads more. so when keston speaks, mars' smile widens with excitement. before the young king can even speak of an idea, there is something that interrupts the two, something that makes the king's hackles raise and a snarl push from his lips. discomfort fills the air and mars turns around, body almost in front of the water alpha, protective. his ears tuck low as his eyes scan the surroundings, there is a scream of a rabbit and nothing more. was it merely a bear not too far off? mars' head spun with worry as his hackles stayed raised, ready to protect the lion king at all costs. that was who the king was, someone who would die for someone he barely knew. but, before he can even think about darting off into the unknown, he is snapped back to reality by the voice of keston speaking his name. it takes a minute for him to look back, at the second mention of his name, his hackles lower and ears arise from his head. "i'm-.. i'm fine, keston. we should, uh, move. i don't think its safe. if you would like to return to the shores, i will find out what it is." he nods to the other, taking a step to turn his body back to facing the king of water. "or.. we can move on. i just do not want anything happening to kei's lands." as it had to the gaia.

Keston

[ Reply ]