pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Pages (2): « Previous 1 2
Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Meeting roots hold the forest.
Posted 10-01-2017, 08:19 AM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Alpha
Female, 4.00
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
110 ep
© crow.

The bitch was quick, dropping into a crouch low enough for her stomach to brush the ground at the same time the beast's teeth connected with flesh. The drop meant that the initial aim had been missed, and instead of the joint fangs sliced into the muscle of the female's left shoulder. Not to worry. It was better, perhaps, to first sever the arteries and ligaments just above the intended removal point. This would allow for an easier extraction of the rest of the limb by taking away its use. With its skull turned to the left on the x axis, so that its right eye--scarred and narrowed from a lesson hard-learned--was facing upward and its left facing down, the position of its jaw was also rotated; Its lower jaw and rows of teeth would have sunk into the meat of the outside of the female's left shoulder, and the upper jaw would have sunk into the fore of the chest/shoulder. With an unrelenting grip of steel. As the beast's head would rip to the left, with this new grip stubbornly grasped, and the force behind the closure of jaw at maximum pressure for maximum damage, there was a high likelihood of cutting directly through the deltoid muscle to the bottom of the scapula and/or top of the humerus bones, depending on positioning of fractions of inches. If the beast were lucky, a lower-jaw canine tooth could snag on the space just behind the humerus, and pull it at a forward/left angle to pop it completely out of alignment and therefore use. So all was not lost in the missing of initial target. The upper jaw and its piercing fangs would likely not scrape or slice, but instead puncture hard and deep as skull was ripped left, perhaps giving an even better grasp of the top of the humerus or bottom of the scapula, and aiding in pulling them free of their meaty bindings.
      Now, the beast had kept its legs moving, its momentum going, knowing that the most likely targets would either be its own shoulder--which had been presented as a battering ram and a hard-target with the down-and-left sweep of head--or its legs, and wishing to use its thirty-eight pound advantage against the slighter, thinner, easier-to-physically-manipulate, wolf. As such, its rear legs had gathered beneath it, its forelegs lifting and pushing out for traction. When the grip of mouth on the opponent's left shoulder was attained, ears slicked back in the now-close proximity, and skull lowered by said grip and then ripped left, it provided a shield for the left half of the beast's oncoming forebody, aided by the fact that its momentum was still fiercely going. Not to mention that, if such a bite were to land on the opponent's left leg (where the leg met the shoulder, the intended joint of separation), or on the opponent's left shoulder, the beast's head would be, through the motion of ripping it to the left, beneath the female's. All of this combined would make it very difficult to reach the beast's left foreleg, unless the female had given in to the momentum and rolled onto her right side so that she could reach to the side for this target--but then one would have to consider the immense weight bearing down, and how said weight would compound the pressure of the beast's bite, and make easier the action of severing a limb and cage the female's ability to move.
      As it was, the female had laid down along the ground, her stomach on the earth as the beast ravaged her shoulder, upright to the best of the beast's knowledge. The snap at the beast's left forelimb was negated entirely by their very positioning--it was, quite simply, unattainable. Instead, those teeth landed upon a more appropriate target, and the blow was only glancing--they raked along the top of the right side of the beast's skull, as it was upturned, along a flattened right ear. Fur parted and flesh lacerated, but ultimately the angle of attack vs target made for little more than a few lines of bruised flesh. Pity. Radiating hackle waited, prepared to poke the eyes of the opponent, to momentarily blind them with the irritation, but, perhaps, were too far down to do that with this particular attack upon the beast's skull. Still, they tried, bristling in agitation, wishing to do their part in this battle.
      So now to properly address the fleeting surprise at how the female did not react to being met with such force as the beast's barreling body, as part of the intent was to bowl it over or, at least, move it backward--though Newton and his laws demanded much more than that. Surprise. But now the beast's limbs were still in the motions of propulsion, and time enough had passed that the rear limbs were now straining at the ground, paws spread and claws flexed for traction and grip. Forelimbs were still in the air, but unable to rise past the level of the chest for all the action going on above. Instead, they went to ground once more and pressed against the forest floor to aid the rear limbs in shoving the beast forward. At least, given that now the momentum from the springing to cover the ground was dissipated, the beast's greater weight and muscular strength would hopefully flatten the bitch into the proverbial mud. That the was goal: to have the female prostrate, helpless, and at the mercy of the beast's fury. To help with this, the beast kept its grip on the bitch's shoulder and yanked its skull again to the left, trying to grab and remove the humerus bone from its fleshy prison--and action that should bear down on the slighter female as it was accomplished, pressing weight and force into her.
      Meanwhile, the beast's tail would flag out behind, slashing about in a furious pleasure.

Devil May Cry vs Atticus
to maim (remove front left leg) and for dominance
endomorph - 32 in, 130 lbs - 3.50 years
yes elements - 41 EP
3 day limit - 2/3 moves
good health - summer
dodge unused
1 win, 0 draws, 0 losses, 0 kills

notes. i realized i put a mistaken take off speed in my last post. it would not have been 30, as that is the trained running speed, it would've been 25. sorry! if you want a summary or whatnot, let me know <3
words. 990
tags. Mars, Atticus

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-02-2017, 06:04 AM | This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 06:06 AM by Azrael
Earth
Azrael
Earth Hunter
Male, 3.25
Meso-fighter
31 in, 126 lbs
4 ep
© maud

mature for language

" always. " a cheeky smile laced his lips as an answer to earth's new-found royalty, his spine shivering in uncomfortable grief. he had not known kaede's previous king for long, but he realised the man must have had been a strong ruler; if mars was so beaten up by it. with a flick of his ear, he dismissed himself, to sit farther away than he originally intended. he was quite unsure about his position in the two worlds, as if he was standing over a split in the earth. he didn't know what mars wanted from him, and he hated it. earth's other alpha also arrived, rising disgust in his stomach as that seemed something he should feel at the sight of her. mars' words cause him to be alert, to stand up, and walk over to the king's side once again. chartreuse eyes wearing a glare were set on her, a faceless woman whose mask he recognised all too well. words streamed to his mind, but his lips were sown shut. he leaned against mars, radiating warmth, perhaps to subconsciously calm him down. he was merely there to provide comfort, something he would have laughed if he had actually thought about his actions in this moment. when mars turns his back to the woman, he rips off the king's side, though eyes of unborn grass rest upon the bastard queen of earth. her words meant nothing to him, except a hint of pity for the sad creature of desperation. he was no man of equality.

he took note of the night-child's arrival, yet also of her obvious lack of balance between two legs. he tilted her head at her, perhaps -if she noticed- a quiet question, but didn't elaborate any further. privacy, he supposed. slowly, a small group started to droop in, surprisingly much smaller than he had originally expected. he watched the interaction between the two creatures of light ( it seemed ), and, at first, he stared. though the suspicion at their absence of necklace watered down quickly at the woman's words, as she seemed to be welcomed, known briar. he watched kaede's wolves rain down, leaves of the tree of earth. or one of the trees, whatever the belief was. he was no man of faith.

he settled himself to listen to the king's words, a quiet pride in the man, in-between the tragedies. he sat, on the grass, surrounded by victims of grief, though emotion numbed him, rather than alerting him. grief was not evident in his stomach, though, for some reason, nausea crept to his throat in aching sorrow. he watched the scene quietly, observationally cold. he was used to grief, and frequent changes in ruling, at first an emotional hurricane- now rather a routine to be followed. he assigned names to faces, shattered the mask of strangers. he glanced over at the night-child, whose name turned out to be asceo, flashing a kind smile ( perhaps also a bit envious ). honour of right-hand. he turned his glance away from her again, feeling a hint of irritation at his own overdone kindness. he was no man of kindness.

his words were still nothing to the ears of many, and his lips were still glued stuck. all he did was observe, as a man of crowds he had never been ( except if he had been leading the lead ). a spider ran over his back at the sight of the roughly shaped woman, bare-necked although he was sure he had spot her mask before. her name was not understood, as perhaps it was taken as more of a rough exclamation ( devil may cry! ) rather than a gift of birth. he listened in to the short conversation the two, though laziness held him back from processing the words in sentences in the skies. he did not trust the woman, and did not like her presence around mars. he was not a man of forgiveness.

delight filled his stomach at the attention received he so desperately desired. a wonky smirk decorated his face at the sight of kaede's chosen, a content sigh leaving his lips ( which were sown together no more ). the words caused an imbalance in his heart, as he had expected both differently ( fucking your way up to the top, huh? ), but was also honoured to carry a title. and oh, he hated his indecision- after all, the use of his name of birth released a crumbling of spine, both disgusted and .. loved? " kasei. " a name upon his lips he could taste for eternity, enjoying and desiring. " if we are low on hunters, then hunter i shall be. " he preferred fulfilling the needed, rather than his needs and wants. superiority was yet to vanish from his mind, though he was glad to grasp a need and steal it to be his own. ( absentmindedly, he accepted mars' touch, his eyes already of glass ) besides, the hint of murderous urges stuck in his stomach would nauseate him no more, now. it was delightful, though his contrasting self bothered him, a new version he could not adopt. he was no man of changing.

he watched the man droop off, a risen voice as a needle and thread went through his lips once again. a shiver, perhaps of the cold, perhaps of the words filled with raw emotion he had yet to experience. he was impressed, proud, yet also hanging upside down from the strange absence of emotions he should be feeling. a woman entered, though in a blur; he was reminded of a story from childhood, one he would rather forget. he grasped the meaning of it all, rather than the metaphors- home did not care about metaphors. " once grief revealed itself to be the shadow behind our backs, " his voice was a low whisper, inaudible to anyone far away. " the sun crumbled to dust, " a pause, his eyes closed in a millisecond of mother. " and it rained light until shadow was all earth had left. " his words were nothing compared to his mother's, mars', anyone's .. but his mind reached for the memory and his lips tore themselves loose to respond. as was no man of secrets,

he was wolf.

ooc;; ok i kind of cut off the post before the spar bc i didnt really know what he would do so hEh
tags;; nah

responds to mars. notices asceo, achillea, lypso & amaranthe, dmc. throws shade at atticus. basically listens to mars all the time. responds to mars again. notices waernyss, says some poetic shit.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-02-2017, 05:15 PM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Alpha
Female, 4.00
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
110 ep
© crow.
ooc. the spar between Atticus and DMC is on hold until sorceror gets jessica working again! see this thread for more info <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-09-2017, 05:35 AM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Alpha
Female, 4.00
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
110 ep
© crow.
ooc. Atticus i realized that this spar is holding up DMC’s timeline. would a two tweek limit be fair? so one week has passed already, and give one more before the spar continues/defaults?

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-09-2017, 08:25 AM |
Atticus
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
I mean I can't really stop you but it's going to take more than a week and probably a few hundred dollars to replace my hard drive which I won't be able to do until i get paid again anyway next week. It would kind of suck to have my character die while I don't even have a laptop to make a decent spar post that would give her a chance.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-09-2017, 10:36 AM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Alpha
Female, 4.00
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
110 ep
© crow.
ooc. Atticus i feel that two weeks as a time limit for any spar, especially a maim spar that has a significant impact on timeline, is fair. i would like to use two weeks as the time limit for this spar, meaning that it would default in DMC's favor if Atticus doesn't reply by 08:19 AM, Monday, October 16th (two weeks from the timestamp of DMC's last spar post).

i would also like to point out that this is a spar to maim, not a death match. while the maim intended on DMC's part has a potential to be fatal if left untreated, Atticus' death would be solely up to your discretion as the roleplayer of your character. this spar is happening in the midst of a gathering of earth wolves, with at least two being capable of using the power Life, which could heal wounds and prevent death.

also, for what it's worth, DMC doesn't want Atticus to die, and she would do her best to prevent that from happening, regardless.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-16-2017, 12:34 PM |
Doutaini Staff
Staff
N/A, 10.75
----
in, lbs
ep
© 
STAFF NOTE: Outcome of this thread is pending based on staff discussion. Thank you for your patience.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-16-2017, 12:50 PM |
Doutaini Staff
Staff
N/A, 10.75
----
in, lbs
ep
© 
STAFF NOTE: The spar between DMC and Atticus will default October 23rd at 10:36 A.M. in favor of DMC.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-16-2017, 01:44 PM |
Earth (Site Helper)
Meliae
Earth Scion
Female, 4.00
Ectomorph
38 in, 94 lbs
22 ep
© tig
'apologies...' a voice from the dark -- from behind the frond and leaf, that dainty portrait protrudes. those absinthe eyes are nimble upon the confrontation, her form even more so as she weaves herself from the rambling obscurity of that thin passage and hunches beside Mars 'for my lateness.' a gravelly chuff is directed towards him, a drag of their familiar scents as she settles upon the bridge of her folded forelimbs and leans forwards. of course, the woman does not mean to be so clinical in her actions, in her observations -- its just her way.

'we still haven't made introductions.' a dull notation above the smack of flesh on flesh. she doesn't mean to distract him, only carry out what business is due. yet, one emerald eye detaches from the squabbling women, tilting back to peer at the equally green orbs of the man. 'meliae, and you?' perhaps she is greedy to monopolize him in the time that the violence transfixes them all, perhaps she is manipulating his attention, bending it to herself with the hungry gleam of those preternatural eyes. but her expression stays fixed in that hyper-vigil manner, giving away no more than a keen awareness of the brawl that dominates the meeting.

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-16-2017, 03:07 PM |
Divine
Lypso'ru
Divine Beta
Female, 4.00
Endomorph
32 in, 110 lbs
209 ep
© Lou
&& she is forever faithful

"Lypso'ru&&Amaranthe"

He never showed, and she wasn't really sure which 'he' disappointed her more. The absence tore her apart, but beside her Amaranthe smiles and Lypso is forced to keep a straight face. Kaleddin and Briar would show one day, she only had to wait. "Thank you kindly, Mars. We will visit often, I promise..." She offers him a large smile, a dip of her chin as she turns to nudge at Amaranthe, "oh, yes thank you mr mars!" Her high lyrics sing out as she steps into her mother, ears flopping as those hazelnut eyes sweep across the growing crowd. Neither of them realized just how large Earth had gotten, they were all so devoted to Kaede, to Briar. Lypso only hopes they can see that same magnificence in Mars. Beside them, a fight breaks out, savage and loud. She musters Amaranthe away from it, nodding once more to Mars as they turn to make their leave, it was not their place to interfere, and the violence had Lypso's hackles - and nerves - on end.
Lypso and Amaranthe take their leave.

Please tag me if I forget to reply within 3 days. <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 10-24-2017, 12:32 PM |
Evan
Intersex, 18.50
----
x in, o lbs
infinite ep
© ev
STAFF NOTE: This spar has defaulted in favor of DMC.

discord: ev#5275, skype: teenagehemmings, & pm: Ev.

primary character(s): mars

[ Reply ]

Posted 11-06-2017, 12:56 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
Surprise lit up her features as Mars offered her the Beta positon. Her head was high as she looked at Mars to give him her answer. "Of course I will, to honor Briar's memory and to uphold what he believed to be right. I hope you'll also allow me to continue in my healing duties."

Snarls interrupted her as the meeting quickly turned into fight, with a result that pleased Asceo. Devil May Cry fought ferociously with Atticus and won. Asceo openly smirked at Atticus' plight. She finally, if awkwardly, rose from her seated position. "Atticus. You are unwelcome in this pack even by a stranger. What does that say of your character?" With a snarl she snapped at the wolf she refused to recognize as her sub-alpha. "Get out."

----

ooc: sorry this is so terrible, I just wanted to get this post done so I can move on to current threads.

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Pages (2): « Previous 1 2