pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Autumn Icon © UnoleSpirit
Current Layout Image © Dee & Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »
Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Meeting roots hold the forest.
Posted 09-15-2017, 07:19 AM | This post was last modified: 09-15-2017, 01:44 PM by Mars
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 2.75
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

it is time. though the man is still greving over their lost king- he knew everyone was, he had to make sure earth was still in good standing. mars drags himself out of his lonely den, one he had isolated himself in with vines for the past while. the new alpha makes his way towards the tree of life. it was a sign of new hope to mars, it was a sign of life. his heart burns as he makes his way past the dogwood that briar had made for kaede in a final sacrifice. he pushes on. paws press against the ground as he passes and it makes the man shiver- it was where briar rested. his heart yearns to rest with him- and maybe one day he will. but for now, he has to make briar proud of him. mars makes it to the tree of life and lets out a summoning howl that echos through the trees. it lasts for a good minute before he sits below the tree, standing tall and proud. he has much to address. his hazel eyes cast over the land that he now helps kaede with. it makes him proud- it would make his parents proud which makes him cringe. he would not ever be like them, yet they always wanted him to be ruler. but here, in doutaini, he would never be ruler. just another advocate for kaede.

“let them come, kaede. let me know if it is okay that i am here, without briar.” he whispers to the sky before his head bows back to look across the lands.

it is with great heartache that he has called this meeting. but, the world does not stop turning and mars had to be strong for earth, for kaede, he had to make some changes. his ears folded back to his head at the thought of things that needed to be changed. a gruff grunt comes from him as he straightens himself out- gem resting proudly on his chest as he awaits the pack to find the tree and settle in.

Atticus, Meliae, Midas, Mercedes, Theodosia, Rhowan, Asceo, Wærnyss, Beryl, Somnus, Domnu, Loretta, Amelia, Roscoe, Devil May Cry, Azrael, Callahan, Achillea, Divine Intervention, & any rogues thinking of joining.

THIS IS NOT A MANDATORY MEETING. BUT MARS WILL BE CHANGING SOME RANKS AND MOVING THINGS AROUND SO IF YOUR WOLF DOES NOT ATTEND THEY WILL NOT BE CHANGED, WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS.

i will be posting again on the 22nd unless everyone posts before then!

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-15-2017, 12:59 PM |
Earth (Site Helper)
Somnus
Earth Pup
Male, 1.25
Endomorph
36 in(child) | Adult 37 in, 80 lbs(child) |Adult 137 lbs
26 ep
© Sylvirr
[post coming but feel free to post around me~]

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-15-2017, 01:16 PM |
Earth
Azrael
Earth Hunter
Male, 3.00
Meso-fighter
31 in, 126 lbs
4 ep
© maud
" kasei. " a breath in many of the breezes raging through kaede's temple. he shivered, he smiled. it was all the same at a strange combination of ecstasy and mere hurricanes of conflict nestled in his stomach only. a happy sigh, both content and unprovided rage in his smile. he had missed this opportunity, unknowing to the horrid situation of kaede's wolves. he understand very well what this meant, though it meant little to his perspective. a blurry glass had always been filthy, and now it was nothing less and nothing more. simply said, he was more than just excited to see mars once again. and he stopped in his step, hesitating in a speedy slow-motion, and time stopped for a small moment of green. oh, the realisation. he did not know if he should be mourning a grand leader's death, or celebrating mars' beginning of time. " alpha. " the word tasted of pride, pride for a man he knew for not long, but still considered the greatest he had ever met. and even in old age, he doubted this statement would change.

he considered the man before him his only weakness, but didn't doubt that he was happy to give up for a man such as mars. alpha. he did not know that pride could be worn on any other's shoulders than his, and it was new. it was pleasantly new, a change in an age-old rhythm. though it was still slow, it was beautifully crafted. enjoyable. but, defying his selfish nature, he watches mars. no pride seemed to flicker in the other's eyes (" the fuck is wrong with your eyes? "). immediately, he addressed the fact that there would be another time for a new crown of yellow flowers. and so his smile disappeared, a cloud passed before the sun, and he didn't need another sun to brighten anything. conflict between polar opposited, excitement and grief, raged in his own mind, now. he could not decide upon anything appropiate to do, to say. and so, he stayed silent, the bright smile from earlier nowhere to be seen. stone cold.

ooc;; oh look azrael the super in love softie
tags;; Mars

hover over words for translation
list of term definitions

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-15-2017, 05:50 PM |
Atticus
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
She normally hated meetings. They were a long time to stand around and listen to talking. It hadn't crossed her mind that she might be expected to attend one, or maybe more, now. If she was in charge, there would never be meetings, mandatory or otherwise. But she wasn't. Not really. It was confusing.
The thief wandered up to the gathering group.
She had thought about it for a while, and she wasn't so sure that announcing 'i'm a better friend than enemy' had been the best move. She had sat in the new house she'd found and recited it in different tones of voice until she realized that it had probably sounded like a threat. Too late to go back. She figured it was best to not mention it, so she fixed a slightly arrogant smile on her face and reminded herself to keep her mouth shut.
That idea had occurred to her on the way over. The last thing she needed was for someone to figure out what she was really like before she had a chance to do anything. If, in fact, there was going to be anything to do. It was always hard to tell. It seemed like all that was left for her was the daily grind of looking for recruits and staring into space.
Where to stand was always confusing. In the past, she'd preferred to lurk sulkily around in the back row whenever she got dragged to one of these things. Under the circumstances, she probably shouldn't do that. The thief hesitated, then shrugged and took up a spot facing the rest of the pack. But apart from Mars. She wasn't planning on making any speeches. She was aware that she resembled, more than anything else, a scruffy thug who'd ended up in the wrong spot by accident, but they would get used to it. Someone with a life like hers wasn't going to get any prettier with time.
Atticus Eins wasn't exactly a youth anymore, either.
Which made this new upturn in her fortunes all the better. Nobody could claim she hadn't been through enough shit before she got it. Even if it was mostly stuff she didn't really want to talk about, because she somehow doubted the genial new leader of Earth would be thrilled to find out his second in command was a murderer.
Maybe, in the future, having a murderer on his side would be lucky for him.

She sat down, eyed the group, prodded the gap in her teeth, and waited. A familiar surge of boredom worked its way around somewhere in her gut. She kept it off her face, minus a very faint twitch of her upper lip.

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-15-2017, 09:33 PM | This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 06:13 AM by Asceo
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.25
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate

Asceo painfully half-dragged herself into the clearing where Mars had called the meeting. She knew it was regarding Briar's death, but she hated it all the same. Her stomach turned the way it did when it filled with Kaede's poison. She hadn't eaten since she watched him kill himself. Asceo had been helpless to save him, to prevent this. The only one she could blame was herself.

Atticus sat near Mars, looking bored even before the meeting had started and her lips peeled back into a throaty growl. She despised the she-wolf who had become sub-alpha only because Briar refused to fight her due to his sickness and the bitch cockily assumed power without a hint of remorse for their dying leader.

She'll be the ruin of Briar's legacy, of this pack. She is a disgrace to Earth's name.

Asceo would not sit idly by while this wretch usurped Briar's vacant throne. But for now, Mars was king, and Atticus was not their leader. So with a saddened nod to Mars, her eyes knowing, for they had been the only Earth wolves to witness his death, she sat down slowly, easing onto her good leg for support as she carefully positioned her splinted leg awkwardly to the side.

for Mars. 211 words. "speech".

notes: Arrives, leg is badly broken but splinted.

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-16-2017, 02:13 PM |
Achillea
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
achillea flower de luce

He'd spent most of his time since arriving to Doutaini focusing on gathering a cache of herbs and flowers. He wanted to make sure he had plenty stored and onhand. The teen was still unsure about the powers he now possessed, and what that meant for his healing abilities, but soon he would aim to discover. He didn't know it but a few of the powers would prove very useful to the man's ability to heal and gather herbs. He would move himself into the meeting, nodding his head towards Mars. “Hello again, Mars.” He could sense that a few things had changed while he was blissfully unaware of thing. Preoccupied with his gardening and whatnot. Moving into a sit the teenage man would sit and wait for the rest of their pack to arrive and see what was about to go down. He remember that he expressed him desire to be a healer to Mars, so this might be his change to be just that - maybe.

“.”

tagging and ooc here

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-19-2017, 01:36 AM |
Divine
Lypso'ru
Divine Beta
Female, 3.75
Endomorph
32 in, 110 lbs
209 ep
© Lou
&& she is forever faithful

"Lypso'ru&&Amaranthe"

"Mars..." There is only sorrow in her full voice as they arrive, hand in hand, the two white silhouettes of the Gaia. Mother and daughter they are almost identical in looks alone, save for the golden star and hazel eyes that Amaranthe had been gifted from Hotaru. They squeeze through to the front, their necks bare and their hearts burning with the pain of losing Briar, and before Mars they take a soft place in the Gaia meadow with their heads bowed in unison. "I'm so sorry," a whisper from the child as hazelnut eyes lift to the newly crowned king, her ears bow as she dips her chin to him, and softly she nudges Lypso to remind her mother to speak. "Briar was one of a kind, an ambitious man with much to give, I'm sure he will be honoured by you," she doesn't know what she's saying, it all is just emptiness and scars that never heal, "we've been here long enough, the Gaia has been a sanctuary for us and I thank you all for the hospitality. It is time we take our leave though," without Briar the gaia would be devoid of anything that had held them here, a family that they were building, from the foundations up, and the center had just fallen apart. Lypso had grown rather fond of Mars though, and as she lifts those sapphire eyes she pleads with him to forgive her, even as her ears lower to him, her heart beats for his approval and affection, even in silence. Earth will forever be apart of us now.
Kaleddin Mars

Please tag me if I forget to reply within 3 days. <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-19-2017, 01:27 PM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Alpha
Female, 3.75
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
110 ep
© crow.

They had only just been speaking a few days ago, the beast and the boy. He had been teaching her how to not frighten or offend every wolf she met. With endless patience, he had guided her through the frustrating steps of appearing more normal. Once the lesson had concluded, she had taken time to herself to reflect on what she'd learned, but she had not gone far. Hovering within the forests that belonged to the Earth pack--yes, within their boundaries on several occasions--she had used foliage as an audience for her humorous attempts at changing her demeanor. Now, after practicing in the ruins to temper the beast when it was prodded, and after practicing among the unjudging trees of the Gaia, she felt prepared to meet the gathering head-on. Using Mars' howl as direction, she threaded her way to him.
      Of course, there were others, and their presence bid her pause at the edge of the senses. A deep breath, in, and out. A readjustment of features--covering fangs by dispelling the grin, leaving in its wake a hard line of lip. When she moved from the shadows, her step was as it ever was--calculated, precise, certain--but her features were considerably less... creepy. Electric gaze passed right by the assembled wolves, fear of snagging on any one keeping it focused intently upon Mars. He held a different air to him, now, and it made her step falter. What was he? To his side, off a bit, sat a female who appeared almost physically ill for this meeting, but who also held an air of... authority. Yes, that was it. Mars had been Gamma, now he was... more.
      At this, she felt that she could not approach him, and so froze where she was. Set apart from everyone else by at least five feet, but still considered part of the assembled crowd. And she stared. At Mars. At the wolf near him. At the others who had arrived. And she kept her teeth covered, though the tension in her body could never truly be loosed.

notes. summary below for easy skimming :P
words. 344
tags. Mars

summary. shows up, trying to put on a 'normal' face like Mars taught her. is on her way to physically greet Mars when she realizes it might be inappropriate to approach him. so she stops where she is and stares, kinda freaked out and definitely uncertain, at everyone gathered.

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.75
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior
I will be here. Please wait at least one more day

if i dont reply in 72 hrs, tag the crap outta me <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-22-2017, 08:35 AM | This post was last modified: 09-22-2017, 09:17 PM by Mars
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 2.75
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

all is quiet; the kingdom of earth slowly fills in. though, not many come. it saddens to man to his very core, but, he shall prevail. as azrael shows up, his heart softens as he gives the man a nod. “azrael.. thank you for coming.” he gives a weak smile to his lover before straightening himself up. he needs to look fearless, like a true leader. calmness had taken over him when his eyes focused on azrael but, not long after fury burns in his heart when the old maiden who challenged briar shows up. his eyes squint at her and he lets out a laugh, shaking his head.

“what do you think you are doing?” he asks as she sits next to him, his eyes wandering over her in disbelief, “briar did not want you as sub-alpha. what have you done for earth? what have you done for kaede?” he snarls, standing up, his eyes settle on her, “you are no accomplice of mine nor kaede's. once things get cleared up, you and i shall hash things out. a challenge at the ruins.” his back is turned on her as he moves his way through the small arrangement of wolves. he knows she will be back, and he will prepare himself for that time. but, he is not ready to give her half-power of this pack. he had barely even heard her name muttered along the earth wolves, his eyes settling on the hurt wolf, briar's friend, his friend,

“and since i cannot do this alone, asceo, would you be so gracious to accept position as beta?” he murmurs as he brushes their bodies together as he passes, “briar would have wanted it that way.” he whispers underneath his breath as he turns to achillea, a chuckle coming from his lips,

“what a pleasure to see you are still here, achillea. if asceo takes beta,” his eyes flash to the female wolf before back to the earth man, “then we shall need another healer. so, if you'd like, the rank is yours.”

Oh Lypso'ru! and her daughter, amaranthe. his heart thumps wildly, “thank you, he has moved on, yet he is still among us. hopefully he will visit us soon. he is already missed.” he musters out, trying to keep his emotions back, “you know, here, in earth, there is always a place for you. even if it just for a quick rest. do not be afraid to visit.” his eyes flicker between the two and his smile falters as he steps towards lypso'ru's young and nuzzles her head, “thank you amaranthe. but do not be sad, he will live in through the whispers of the willows.” he murmurs as his eyes flicker to his friend who had showed, he moves to dmc next.

“devil may cry, good to see you.” mars murmurs and chuckles at her practicing, “you know there is always room for you in our hearts as well, if you need a home, just let me know. if you want to join earth.. you are always welcome.” mars murmurs as he makes his way back towards the front of the pack, he stops at azrael,

“and for you, warrior, we would love to have you in our ranks. so let me know if you would like to be a hunter, scout, or warrior. we are low on hunters, but it is up to you, yukon.” he whispers his real name low, nuzzling his head into the man's chest before he rounds up to the front.

“and as for all the rogues waiting to be accepted, if you still want earth, you are welcome. i know that briar needed to accept everyone. i think it is too much to put on the pack right now, so now the council and i may accept who comes into the pack. as long as they have kaede in their hearts, they may enter.” his eyes flicker to asceo, hoping she takes beta so he will have some relief of the calls from the borders.

his eyes flicker over the few that have gathered and his heart thumps, softly, for he is in love with everyone who had been such blessed family to him- and kaede, for that matter. his eyes flicker to his love, azrael and he gives a smile. though he is alpha, not much will change. briar ran this pack perfectly, he will try to model the man.

“i know we are still grieving from briar.. we always will be. but, we must not fear for in doutaini, spirits live among us. i hope that briar will visit every-so often.” he pauses as his eyes shift over the wolves, “as for him leaving me in the alpha position, if you ever have a need... please don't hesitate to come to me. as long as you are of kaede, then you are my family... even after that as well.” he looks to lypso'ru and gives a chuckle, bowing his head to the white wolf and her daughter. “may we prosper in briar and kaede's namesake.” he murmurs as he sits down in front of them.

Azrael, Atticus, Asceo, Achillea, Domnu?Lypso'ru, Devil May Cry, & anyone is still welcome to join.

summary: mars greets everyone, challenges atticus do to briar's final wishes, asks asceo if she will take beta, asks if achillea will take healer, thanks lypso'ru and amaranthe for the sympathy, all rogues that want to be apart of earth and have been waiting at the borders are now earth wolves, tells dmc she is welcome in earth, and asks azrael if he wants to join the ranks. then addresses briar's passing and the new rule for accepting rogues into earth.

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-23-2017, 08:44 AM |
Atticus
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
A hint of sarcasm entered her carefully blank expression. Clearly, he thought he had a lot to say. She stared him down, modulated her tone to something that sounded casual, and didn't bother getting up.
If he wasn't going to even make an attempt to play nice, why should she?
"I'm not going anywhere," she said, and then those magical words that left a faint glow in her chest. Like adrenaline, or maybe love. "You can't tell me what to do."
Nobody could anymore. Was this freedom? She thought maybe she'd finally found the answer to her problems. She'd be damned if someone else took it away now.
"If you wanna play twenty questions, sure. Let's break it down. Where have I been? Well, as it happens, I was employed as a scout. This is someone who travels around, finding out information about other packs and people. I think you'll agree that it would have been hard for me to do that if I was, say, at home in the jungle under your nose all the time? I did pretty well at it for quite a while, actually. I've had quite a lot of experience in that kind of work in my life, as you'd know if any of the rest of you had ever bothered to give me the time of day even once. Except Domnu."
She hadn't seen him. Maybe he was busy. It wasn't her problem.
"Let me see, after a few months of that, I stopped being able to locate anyone to give reports to. This didn't really scare me; I'm a grown up, I've seen it before. After a while, though, I started to wonder. If the pack had no leader, why sit around and wait for a new one to turn up that nobody knew? Ever had a total stranger suddenly become your alpha one day? Bet you haven't. Trust me, you'd be having a fun time of it right now if it was some wasteland mercenary sitting up here instead of me. So, I think to myself, maybe I should be the one who figures out what's going on. Is it my fault that Briar had been hiding in the trees, not talking to anyone, for months? Why should I pretend to be sad that someone I'd barely met is dead? I've had more than enough deaths to think about lately without these crocodile tears."
She paused to stare, the smile on her face getting harder. Less sarcastic, more furious. Azelie crossed her mind; a wet night on a mountainside. Broken promises, all the time. How hard was it for something in her life to go right for once? It didn't really matter; she'd happily kill all of them to keep what she had if that was the route they wanted to go. She'd spent too long with nothing.
"So, before all of you go throwing around a god's name and insisting that I'm not some kind of True Servant, maybe you should start taking a little more initiative yourselves. Or, maybe, you should put your money where your mouths are, because the only way I'm going anywhere before I'm ready is if Kaede himself shows up and kicks me out. I don't see any evidence of that happening, do you?"
"Or you can try killing me," she added, as an afterthought. "Don't recommend it to you. I've killed people before. I've been killed before, too. I guarantee you're a lot more scared of death than I am."

Some part of her demanded that she should pick one of them to be an example. Maybe the girl with the big mouth, maybe someone else. She beat it down with a stick.
There might or might not be time for that kind of thing later.

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-24-2017, 07:16 PM |
Earth
Wærnyss
Earth Healer
Female, 3.25
Meso-runner
28 in, 90 lbs
106 ep
© Jamie
She remembered torrents of rain, floodwaters that drowned her in misery and stole the breath from her lungs. She remembered fires that burned all night, devouring the flesh of the trees she held dear. She could hear their cries in the foggy depths of her consciousness, the way they screamed and pleaded but were shown no mercy. It was weeks before the frail creature dragged her tattered body back to the Gaia's core. Her silken coat, once glistening and sparkling with cinnamon hues in the light, was tangled, matted and damp. Eyes that saw into eternity now looked blank, empty, as though she stared into an alternate plane. As though she was not among the world of the living. Her footsteps used to carry her with a gliding gait; now she stumbled, lifting her arched body as though she weighed a ton. This was not the Doutaini she knew, not the sanctuary she found in the forest's warm heart. She did not recognize this place. And yet, she came to Mars' call, drawn by the desperate need for answers. She arrived only at the end of his speech, in time for her tired ears to hear the awful truth: 'I know we are still grieving from Briar...'

"No." The brusque word tore from her lips, ushered by panic and denial. Life sparked in her gaze, but it was not the reprieve she so desperately needed. It was as though she awoke from an endless nightmare, only to find herself in the pit of Hell. Briar is...dead? Brother...my brother! Haggard breaths heaved from the nymph's lungs. The pace of her heart sprung into a frenzy, and suddenly, darkness crept into the edges of her vision. "Briar, no, Kaede--!" She could not be here. She could not handle her own emotions. Only months ago, she had accepted her place in the pack, rising to the call of duty, finding peace in her ageless soul. These disasters stole it all away from her. The trauma of her childhood reared its ugly head, and this was something she could not face. The woman turned on her heel, nearly tripping into the mud. Without a word to any of her pack mates, Wærnyss ran. She ran far, and she didn't stop running until she collapsed from exhaustion.

Wærnyss exits.

Wærnyss is not my main character, so replies with her will be very delayed. Apologies in advance!

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-29-2017, 12:43 PM |
Wind
Devil May Cry
Wind Alpha
Female, 3.75
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
110 ep
© crow.

There is tension in Mars' shoulders. For a moment, when he casts a half-smile at the boy named Azrael, there is nothing but the same calm demeanor that befit Mars. Then, his gaze and his ire is expressed in a humorless laugh and pointed words, directed at the female who had seemed bored sick of this meeting, and the tension appeared. The beast listened as the wolf stood its ground, its posture unchanging, and heeds what words Mars imparts. A name--Briar--of who was perhaps the previous alpha. This Briar had not wanted this female as... sub-alpha. Mars did not approve of her existing in that rank, perhaps not even in the pack. His features disfigured into a nasty visage of anger and distaste that, quite honestly, did not become him. It was ugly. It was wrong. And this female was the cause.
      The challenge was given, but it did nothing to assuage the protective rage boiling with the beast's chest. Mars belonged to it. Those who belong were to be provided for, for health and for happiness. Seeing the nonchalance this bitch had, the smug reply denying Mars, the way the new earth alpha had gone so savage at her presence. Without warning the beast lept forward, throwing itself against its mental cage and thrashing with all its might. The result in the physical world was a quick-step toward the female, the expose of fang and snap on air, a low snarl in throat. Hackles raised, the beast stood, tendons quivering against the tight grip of claw in earth. It wanted to harm this female. To spill her guts and compare shades of red in the aftermath. The only reason it did not, was making his way toward it now.
      His presence was a soothing balm. The beast, still growling and showing its teeth, retreated back within its cage. The creature, once more in control, reached out for Mars as he neared, desperate to press its head into his neck and breathe his scent before he passed. To touch and feel and be assured that he was okay. It hears the offer of the Gaia as a home, and half the mind is committed immediately so that any threats to this male's health or happiness could be handled directly. The other half reminds its counterpart that pack life must be weighed, a decision that does not come lightly. So the creature is stood, its focus intent upon the offending female, body taut and vocal chords rumbling a continuous warning.
      But the bitch just couldn't keep her mouth shut. When she offered the option of killing her, the beast launched itself forward in gleeful accept.
      As it were, the beast had paused apart from everyone by a minimum of five feet, but still close enough to be considered a part of the assemblage. The single step taken toward the female, when the mental cage had been rocked by the beast's rage, had only diminished that distance by a few inches or so, but it was indeed closer. So, now, when it released the building tension in its hind legs and sprang forward across the distance, there was perhaps a few milliseconds it had been able to take away from the female's reaction time. Add to this that the bitch was in a seated position, and the milliseconds it'd take for her to rise and prepare, and there was a good chance that there was even a full second of reaction time that had been stolen.
      But the beast didn't wait to see. Its forepaws hit the ground and lifted up again at the propulsion given by the rear paws. A single stride of the nearly five foot long body, when springing, was enough to cover the ground at a respectable (albeit untrained) take-off speed of thirty miles per hour. Hard calculations aside, there was only a few moments before the target was reached. Jaws opened wide, fangs already exposed, ears pressed forward hard in pure aggression. Skull tilted to the left, eyes narrowing--the scar of a lesson learned beneath the upward-facing right eye--so that the bite was aimed for the female's front left leg, specifically where the leg met the shoulder, and teeth could try to wrap around it fully. Maw snapped shut with its full force--omit the calculations, any intent bite would hurt--and skull ripped to the left, toward the female's chest in an action that was meant to do two things; First, it was meant to pull the leg from beneath the female, and potentially cause unbalance. Second, it was meant to help the fangs bury themselves in the flesh and muscle and rend to the bone.
      Momentum was not halted, legs still going through the motions of propulsion, rear gathering beneath and pressing hard against the ground, and right shoulder--as the head was swept down and then to the left--was presented as both a battering ram and a hard target, radiating hackle awaiting an eye to poke or nose to irritate. The weight disparity between the combatants was plain--the beast was a brawler, hard and heavy-built, and the female was slender and light. The attacker sought to quite simply bowl this bitch over with momentum added to far superior weight, and then proceed to remove her fucking leg.
      You don't fuck with what belongs to the beast.

Devil May Cry vs Atticus
to maim (remove front left leg) and for dominance
endomorph - 32 in, 130 lbs - 3.50 years
yes elements - 41 EP
3 day limit - 1/3 moves
good health - summer
dodge unused
1 win, 0 draws, 0 losses, 0 kills

notes. didn't expect her to be this upset o.o
words. 889
tags. Mars, Atticus

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-30-2017, 09:44 AM |
Atticus
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
She hadn't survived so long by sleeping on the job.
A sign of movement was all it took for the thief to move; her apparent opponent was aimed up, and she ducked down immediately. Her stomach hit the mulchy ground around the same time that teeth slashed through skin and muscle in her left shoulder. It was a fleeting reminder that there was still some area there that wasn't just old scar tissue; she winced, eyes narrowing and ears shifting back, and left them that way. Her downward movement changed to forward; she dug her claws in the mulch and snapped at a black and white left front leg, aiming just above the ankle. A landed bite would be enough to break bones, rip through skin, and bring the entire lower leg off. Meanwhile, the rest of her lanky frame became a tripping hazard, and, although she could be sat on, she had lost a limb before - she was pretty sure that would be the extent of the other wolf's ability to fight back. She remembered it clearly. Kind of too clearly. She immediately concentrated on the task at hand instead of slipping back into contemplation of that long-ago evening.
If anything could be said for Atticus Eins, it was that she learned from her mistakes. Positioned, as she was, more or less directly under the forward-moving strangers head and chest, she probably could have gone for the throat, but something about this seemed more satisfying. Besides, maybe everyone deserved a chance for the gods to swoop down and save them.
one chance.
Her skinny frame stayed crouched on the ground as she attacked, despite the bleeding, ripped skin in her shoulder. Pain radiated from the spot like getting hit with a hammer; she ignored it with stubbornness developed by a lifetime of fighting. She kept her legs tucked under her body, planted firmly on the ground, claws dug into the soft surface; her tail twisted in to join the group, where it wasn't a target. Her hackles had risen as soon as she dropped down. The only remaining thing was to tense up, expecting to be bruised and battered as the larger enemy stepped or fell on her a few times, and, hopefully to hold on and bite down.

ATTICUS vs DMC
maim
1/3 rounds, 3 days
38 in, 92 lbs (ectomorph), good health, dodge unused
elements on
184 ep
3w/6l/2d
injury report: laceration to left shoulder

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-30-2017, 09:44 AM |
Atticus
Unregistered