pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Blame(less)
Posted 09-12-2017, 11:38 PM | This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 11:38 PM by Mercury
Enigma
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.75
Ectomorph
41.35 in in, 102.22 lbs lbs
450 ep
© Sylvirr

Sleep. Sleep, for some, is a respite-- a relief, an escape. But it is not so for the Blind Seer, for it is only in his dreams that he sees-- and Sees, truly. Broken images, like shattered glass falling upon a hard floor, words spoken through gritted teeth, muddy and foggy. Swimming, swimming in a sea of feelings. Feelings and voices and sounds and smells and it was overwhelming but no, he MUST settle it. As if peeling away the layers of an onion, breaking through the greasy film to see a clear and starry sky, he pulls himself free from the layers upon layers of sleep that have taken him, and immediately, he is lurched back to life--back to the now, back to the presence, thrown into a body that is stretched and sprawled in the grasses. A distant rumble in the earth--the pounding of hooves, though it is far. His body aches-- his left forelimb most of all. Ugly and raw the wound has become, with a lack of proper care. Though, he feels, perhaps, that he deserves it.

It is a pain he deserves to suffer.

Unseeing eyes crack open and he inhales a heavy breath, letting out in a heaving sigh, toes curling against the soil and grasses of the glade. Tickling at his muzzle, the summer grasses bows and sway in the wind and there is a peace and serenity that comes with the loss of the animals, for some reason. Only the warble of incessant songbirds in the distance seemed to break the monotony of the sounds-- the sounds of his own heartbeat, the way his blood sounds pumping through his veins, the way the cartilage and joints in his body creak and pop and snap as he lifts himself to stretch, however brief the action is. And it is brief, for as soon as his form feels languid again, he finds himself plopping back to the grassy earth to draw three of his four limbs beneath him, the other remaining stretched out before him, and he soon rests his haggard maw against his arm and allows his eyes to close again-- as if he'd see anything, whether they were open or closed.

"You've almost convinced me I'm real."

Keston

[Image: eLCRPG4.png]

Posted 09-22-2017, 08:18 PM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 4.00
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
809 ep
© Julie
An adventurer’s heart consumed him as his feet began to wander, leading Keston through parts of Doutaini he had yet dared to venture. Much of his life had been spent with purpose that necessitated his presence at a particular place, but today, he rather indulged the inclinations of his soul. It brought him to grove shrouded in a golden mist, camouflaging the gilded knight in ethereal, gleaming rays of sunlight that kissed at coarse strands of fur. Cerulean eyes, the color of a cloudless sky that was to come after daybreak evaporated into midday, drunk heavily on the surroundings and his nostrils breathed more freely without the salinity stinging throughout his muzzle. There he found a faint aroma that bode familiarity, drawing him further into the heart of the entangled heart of the copse before he would call out in the iridescent glade. “Mercury?” He inquired softly, eyes twisting around the shadows playing out through the crooked boughs as he searched for the tall, enigmatic man.
Mercury

Posted 09-23-2017, 03:28 PM |
Enigma
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.75
Ectomorph
450 ep
© Sylvirr

Oh. The smell of saltwater and sea reaches him, sharp and astringent against the floral scents of the summer flowers, and it is not Ant, and so it must only be one other, and the scent of the lion underneath draws his attention. It'd be rude for him to to remain where he was, and so he rolls his shoulders back and draws himself to his haunches to greet him. "Good day to you, Sir Keston." He is tired--his voice is tired. He's not slept well--he never does-- but now there was the underlying current that he cannot shake the thought that he may in part be responsible for Szymon's death. Still, there was something else that garnered his attention as of this moment, and he managed to pull forth a smile for the Lioncourt,"I didn't think I'd be seeing you so far from the Cerulean at suck a time. ....You know, if I saw."

Humor remained intact, though a distinct air of sorrow permeated his presence. Still, despite the brilliant shafts of golden light pouring down through the broken canopy, catching the fine glints of silver in his oil-slick coat, reflecting and refracting lovely prismatic shades against the pitch backdrop of his coat. He is not at all in disarray, sans the appearance of his limb, which he lifts and gives a brief shake in an effort to quell the soreness that has raced along the muscle and tendon. The bone beneath is unharmed, but the flesh aches. Still, he is pleased to find his solace broken and his silent interrupted, for even he can only remain alone for so long before the voices eat away at him-- and alas, what with Enigma's powers, he can never tell if the voices are his own, or that of another, and that is not a thought he wishes to dwell upon any longer than he must.
"What brings you?" Silly. Small talk, while he excels at it, is not a favored past-time, but he is curious as to what's stirred the lions' heart enough to bring him to wandering--though he could very well have asked the same question of himself. "A dear friend has passed, and I feel the caves are too stifling and filled with sorrow. I had to escape for a while." To imagine ones own sorrow, compacted by that of a pack-- Ruellia's anguished wails, though silent now, remain in his head, even now. Distant, yes... but there.

Keston

Posted 10-29-2017, 10:15 PM |
Water ( Admin )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 4.00
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
809 ep
© Julie
His hunch played out to be true when the enigmatic man stepped forth to greet him, a favorable smile washing over his features. “It is good to run into, Mercury. How are you, how is Enigma?” Keston inquired politely when he discovered an alarming note of difference in the man’s voice. It concerned him deeply, yet in the next moment, Mercury had proffered the disguise of a smile that set him off the scent. Haunted by concerning thoughts, Keston shrugged gently as a breeze slipped through the sandy tufts of his mane and he eased the tension held in a clenched jaw. “Figured a change of scenery was in order.” Keston admitted in an attempt to be light-hearted, for he would never tire of Kei’s vast ocean. But rather the absence of her members began to weigh heavily on the Lioncourt man, and he was faced with the belief that he might be failing in his ability to keep his promise to the patroness. Clearwater eyes flicker downward where he happened upon the shadowed leg that was overpowered with injury. “Did someone attack you? What happened to your leg?” The sight sent him back a step when it was suddenly all he could see, though the Lioncourt was a poor excuse for a healer despite his tendency to collect various wounds now and then. Only worse news could pull him away from inspecting the limb as Mercury shared the passing of a dear friend. Twisted with sympathy, his brow knitted deeply on his forehead and cast his eyes in shadows—but what words could console the pain of great loss? “I’m sorry, Mercury.” A trivial reply, but there is sincerity in his words and Keston wished more than anything he could help bear the pain Mercury was feeling.
Mercury

Posted 11-01-2017, 10:43 AM |
Enigma
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.75
Ectomorph
450 ep
© Sylvirr

A brow quirks, lifting, and he smiles with his response--as if a smile is ever technically gone from his face."Tell me, then, what am I missing?" he asks lifting his unseeing eyes to the canopy. "Enigma is well, beyond some sadness. How fares Water? ...Ant has not come by as of late and he was once a common visitor." He wonders, then, if this would be an appropriate time top speak on an alliance, though Keston seems to have caught wind of another matter altogether. "Ah, only guilt has assaulted me as of late. I'm sure you know that I recently took the crown from Szymon. .....He died shortly thereafter. He is the one who's passed. I..." he wrinkles his nose, drawing the skin back over his teeth in a grimace that is little more than an expression of disdain and displeasure,".... Cannot help but feel as if I am responsible. He died alone, isolating himself after his defeat. And that is not any way to settle a soul." He lifts the wounded limb,"And so I paid his toll." He has learned since, that the beliefs of his homeland have not traveled to Doutaini, that He Who Takes The Soul requires payment, be it in blood or flesh. It was, however, touching, that the rest of Enigma had simply accepted it, and so too, paid homage against the obelisk. Not that he'd be able to explain this to others-- unless they, too, had come from other lands, and somehow found themselves in this land of Gods and magic.

He inhales, exhales a heavy sigh that plumes pollen and dandelion fluffs through the air before him-- which, of course, causes him to sneeze-- as sensitive as his senses are. "Ah, don't worry. It's but a flesh wound." He jests partially, though realizes that his glimpses into other worlds may have warped his sense of humor. "It will heal fine. It isn't as if my beautiful countenance will be so hampered by a scar." Hah , hah, yes, says the man missing 1/4 of his face.
"Shall we walk? I fear my nap has stiffened me and a stretch is in order."
Well....It couldn't hurt. What could possibly happen?

Keston