pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © KennaLeeStratton
Current Layout Image © Renee
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Private turn the lights out now
Posted 09-05-2017, 01:24 PM |
Storm
Imogen
Storm Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
35 in, 85 lbs
6 ep
© Wren
Imogen found herself once again in the bowels of the underground, continuing to explore the caverns that she had stumbled upon semi-accidentally before. After being there once, Imogen was slightly more confident in her ability to escape the caverns without getting lost, though she was still keeping careful mental track of the turns that she had taken. Imogen was also trying to force herself to focus on the area surrounding her. She had been spending too much time shocked by the appearance of other wolves, and she hoped that consciously focusing on her senses would help her stop with that. Though, Imogen thought, stopping suddenly as a shock passed through her body, it was totally possible that these wolves and their magic had something to keep them from being detected. Imogen shuddered a little. She loved the idea of magic, relished in the idea of being able to control her own powers eventually, but there were some parts of it that still made her distinctly uncomfortable – like not knowing what everyone could do. No matter, Imogen thought, beginning to walk again. Soon she would be the one who was powerful, and she would be able to stand toe-to-toe with the rest of the wolves of Doutaini. It wasn’t going to make her any less nervous in the moment, but Im’s mind began to wander as her steps echoed throughout the cavern, thinking of ways she could improve her magic and the days when glory would be hers.

Devil May Cry

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-05-2017, 05:25 PM |
Devil May Cry
Rogue
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
29 ep
© crow.

The cavern mouth swallowed whole a beast, and left only a dance of dust in sunlight-shafts as indication.
      The shine and glint of the walls and floors illuminated the caves in such a manner that her own pelt began to shine. Even the dark of her head, of her paws, the shadow across her shoulders, began to shimmer. It was so that the pearl white of her body reflected even more light, granting a soft glow that made the shallow passages easy to navigate. This effect could only last as long as the light, and the sun could only reach so far into the darkness that is the underground. A few turns later, and she stood beyond a yawning doorway of shadow. But she was not alone.
      The beast stood, silent save for the draw of breath, and listened. The soft clack of nails on smooth stone, growing closer. Hard to discern the direction, given the tendency of sound to reverberate in close-quarters. This chamber, wide enough for several wolves, was not yet in the absolute dark, and electric eyes could see the silhouette of an approaching figure. Pale ears pressed forward, lips curling back into a humorless and fang-filled grin--by now, a simple expression that is worn by the beast without malice or enjoyment, it just was.
      "You are lost." A statement, which should've been a question, asked in a tone as deep as night. By the faint illumination still provided by the refracting crystal, the beast leveled its gaze and dropped its head, staring down the wolf with an expression sinister in appearance but neutral in intention.

notes. bleck. dislike this. fiancee kept interrupting me >.>
words. 269
tags. Imogen

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-07-2017, 01:24 PM |
Storm
Imogen
Storm Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
35 in, 85 lbs
6 ep
© Wren
Well, shit. Apparently even a moment of letting her mind escape her was enough for Imogen to totally ignore the silhouette of a wolf before her, at least until a voice cut through the relative quiet of the caverns. (Relative, because no matter how quiet things were anymore, Imogen was always extremely aware of the beating of her own heart – for the first time in a long time, she felt alive.) The wolf before her asked – no, stated – that she was lost, and Imogen cocked her head. “Am I?” She asked. The Storm female thought that she knew where she was, but perhaps the woman before her knew more than Imogen on the subject. She was certainly willing to entertain that possibility, at least until she had a reason to believe otherwise. “My name is Imogen, of Storm.” The female stated, deciding that introductions were always the best way to go when situations looked as if they could turn tumultuous. That was how wolves knew who to blame, if they were the blaming type. Im certainly hoped that she wasn’t implicating her new pack in anything unhonorable or against the code of the land, even accidentally. “Could you perhaps enlighten me as to how I am lost? Have I strayed onto another pack’s lands?” Imogen glanced at the neck of the other female, but there was no necklace there. Maybe there was something more, though, beyond what Imogen could comprehend. She waited patiently for an answer, a pleasant expression that was neither a smile or a frown on her face as she looked into the darkness.

Devil May Cry

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-08-2017, 12:17 PM | This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 02:14 PM by Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry
Rogue
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
29 ep
© crow.

The name stuck. Odd, yet perhaps not any more than her own. Three syllables committed to memory alongside the scent and silhouette. When there was better lighting, perhaps a better description of appearance could be noted. Until then, it was the citrine gem that hung--still sparkling in what little illumination there was--at the female's chest that would serve as a means of distinction. A wolf of Storm. Like the shadow-wolf and red-haired woman she'd met in the Willows. So long ago, now, it seems. Though, there had been an air of authority that accompanied those two. There was no such thing present now. Just a grunt. Electric gaze flickered at the wonder of whether this was just another sheep along for the slaughter.
      Tongue flicked out, rasped along jagged fangs. "You are lost, but now you are found." By me. Mine. Pale ears pressed forward, tail lifting minutely in the background. Forepaw lifted, wavered in the air, and pressed down in step. "No pack, here. No creature in their right mind would inhabit such a place for any long term arrangement." Another step, small but swift. Closer. The light shone in the beasts eyes. "Do tell. A lone little lamb, lost in the caverns, to be found by the big, bad, wolf." A deep exhalation. Wraiths of breath in the moist air.
      The dim lighting, the refraction of crystal that danced across their pelts, the cool of the damp air that had just a bite of chill to it. Everything came together to create an atmosphere that urged the beast closer to the prey. Click. Nails flexed into the hard stone beneath, rooting the creature to the spot for one moment.

notes. yeah so this still sucks. i'm sorry q.q edit: fixed some typos because UGH OCD
words. 281
tags. Imogen

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-08-2017, 12:28 PM |
Storm
Imogen
Storm Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
35 in, 85 lbs
6 ep
© Wren
The dim lighting of the caverns was making this conversation difficult – Imogen preferred to be able to see the eyes of her conversation companions, if only because her own eyes were so expressive. She needed to be better at reading others… though no skill whatsoever was necessary in reading Imogen, so did she really need to bother? The female was ready to think herself around in circles, but she decided better of it, directing her attention instead to the other wolf, who was speaking again – declaring that the statement about being lost was no longer accurate, because now Imogen was found. The Storm wolf couldn’t find it within herself to argue, deciding instead to move on to the other female’s next comment – that no creature in their right mind would stay in the caverns for the long term. A smile quirked Imogen’s lips upward before she could think to stop it. “I have found that not every creature in this land has its entire sanity.” None of the wolves she had met yet seemed insane, per se, but there was something utterly mad about a world where gods existed. Mad in the best way, but mad nonetheless. Imogen thoughts she ought to be afraid when the other female spoke, about a lonely little lamb (Imogen, presumably) being lost in the caverns to be found by the big bad wolf, but she couldn’t manage to summon fear at all. The words seemed to be just that – words. Then again, hadn’t Imogen just been thinking about how she ought to be better at judging the intentions of others? The Storm wolf was at a lost. “Does the big bad wolf have a name, or is she content to remain anonymous?” Imogen asked, wondering if a pleasant conversation would curb whatever mania had possessed the wolf before her.

Devil May Cry

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-12-2017, 05:59 PM |
Devil May Cry
Rogue
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
29 ep
© crow.

The advance had been received, and so the beast consumed the remaining distance with a hunger in its step and desire in its eyes. The grin spread, opened wide, a gaping maw seeking to swallow whole this wolf's soul. A grip aimed at the female's muzzle, laid across the bridge of the nose, with pressure enough to hurt. The vibration of the beast's chest--a snarl, eager and impatient--shook the air and burned the edges of her mind red-hot with need. Mine! Mine! Mine! Should the woman not escape the intended grasp, a tightening of jaw would ensure that escape would become impossible--but there would be no blood, not yet, don't feed the beast.
      Words floated across the mind, incoherent and deconstructed to mere noise. The ability to speak was beyond the beast, now. There was only breath and scent and taste of this woman. The absolute craving for a piece of her being. Tendons sent quivers down limbs, a shiver across the shoulders. For time--indeterminable in the darkness of this place, the heat of this moment--the beast sought to hold the prey between its jaws and revel in the savage joy at the sheer power it held. Else it would hold its grip on the air and quiver in its own madness.
      With force, struggle, the wolf pried the jaws of the beast away from the hapless female. Trembling violently in the aftermath of what almost was, she was able to focus pleasure-glazed gaze on the slighter wolf. "Devil May Cry." And, so, at last, an introduction.

notes. permission to pp Imogen was given, but i left it open just in case!
words. 257
tags. Imogen

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-12-2017, 06:56 PM |
Storm
Imogen
Storm Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
35 in, 85 lbs
6 ep
© Wren
Apparently, Imogen’s lack of fear was ill-founded, because within moments the other female was approaching her, seizing Imogen’s muzzle in between her blackened jaws. Imogen’s first instinct was to pull away, but she wondered if that would do anything other than start a fight. Imogen’s knowledge in fighting other wolves was constrained to play-fighting her sisters, and even that she had been poor at. Instead, the female relaxed her body, submitting to the other wolf in hopes that it would keep the situation from escalating to something potentially deadly. A snarl vibrated through Imogen, but not her own, and for a moment, she tensed again at the strange sensation. No, relax. Her mind reminded her, and once again the stress drained from her limbs, leaving Imogen as little more than a rag doll to be thrown around as the black female pleased.

All of a sudden, her muzzled was released. Imogen wasn’t able to resist her impulses, taking a large step away from the other female and levelling her lilac gaze at the other wolf, trying to decipher if there was madness in her eyes. No, not madness, but… desire? Pleasure? Happiness? Imogen couldn’t quite find a word that fit the look that was being given to her, and she wasn’t sure she wanted to find a word (which didn’t often happen to the female). “That is… an interesting name.” Imogen said, finding no better description. “And why is the devil crying?” The Storm wolf asked, wondering why the female’s parents had given her such a name.

Devil May Cry

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-13-2017, 06:33 AM |
Devil May Cry
Rogue
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
29 ep
© crow.

The glaze dissipated from her eyes, her breathing coming back to level. At times, the beast did things that she did not expect, but also found no reason to stop. Let the beast test those around her for strength of spirit and will, she could do naught but gain from their reaction. The question asked by the female grounded the beast, allowed it to exist, satisfied, in its cage while she took control. Stance spread, claws flexing to anchor her, and a mighty shake of pelt was given. Dispelled was the air of violence, a great rush of exhalation accompanying the return to normalcy. What was normal, for her?
      Before she could get lost, and riled, in the memories, she addressed the Storm wolf's question. "You see, dear Imogen, it is not He who has wept. I suspect his flock wept for him." This, she could do. Skim the surface of her past by talking, keeping it at a distance to prevent falling in. "This name of mine. It is a nomenclature to release me from the Bastard king's clutches. To strike me from his history books as though He and all his damned Sheep never even existed." But, no, she would not divulge of her given name. The beast kept that information close at breast, not kept from her, but not easily shared with her, either. There was no need for it to be known, to be said. It was nothing more than a shackle on the soul.
      "You will pardon me for not understanding why the wolves of this Doutaini seem to have so much... trouble with me." The grin returned, this time a hint of humor at its fanged edges. Reference was meant, in particular, to her name and all those who found it odd, but the statement was left open to include her behavior. "I am unused to such unnecessary complexity in social interaction." Cover your fangs. Ears not too far forward, not too far back. Keep your tail down. All the subtleties of this new world were wearing her patience thin. Learning them was a challenge, and the challenge was enjoyed, but there was only so much that one could endure without coming to reason that others simply had it out for them.
      Still-standing, she became a thing hewn of obsidian and marble. A statue that breathed. Electric orbs passed over the Storm wolf's gem, curiouser and curiouser. "I have seen two more gems like that, on the neck of a wolf of shadows and a fiery woman." The inclination of head, forward press of ear--still too far forward to be simple attention--invited an answer to the implied question.

notes. phew xD she got her aggression out so now she can actually socialize lol i'm enjoying this thread <3
words. 444
tags. Imogen

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-13-2017, 08:17 AM |
Storm
Imogen
Storm Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
35 in, 85 lbs
6 ep
© Wren
The Storm wolf listened intently as Devil May Cry hedged around the question that she had asked – why the devil had wept in the first place. The most interesting part about meeting all these new wolves in a new land was that they had so many stories to tell, and beautiful, foreign words with which to tell them. Few were eager to divulge the entireties of their pasts, which Imogen couldn’t fault them for. Even she wasn’t forthcoming with details, and it wasn’t like she had anything to hide other than an idyllic childhood and parents who loved her. That in itself could be shameful to say, though, if she was surrounded by those who were not reared with the same warmth. “I’m glad you’ve escaped from him.” Imogen said, since Devil May Cry seemed extremely angry at this bastard king, and her leaving him could only be a good thing for all involved.

For a moment, amusement twinkled in Imogen’s eyes at the other female’s apology. She didn’t necessarily have trouble with the way the other female behaved – she was just confused by it. And considering the number of things she had been confused by in the time since she had entered this land, Imogen could hardly blame the black-and-white female for being confusing as well. Devil May Cry said that she wasn’t used to such complexity in social interactions, but Imogen honestly couldn’t say that she felt the same. By nature, she was built for navigating social quagmires, with a meek personality and a tongue that wasn’t quite silver, but was passable enough at expressing what she wanted to say with above-average eloquence. “The only way to get better at socializing is to do it, so it seems rather paradoxical that wolves would have trouble with you doing just that.” Adjusting to a new set of cultural norms was sure to be difficult, but ostracizing someone because they didn’t yet conform seemed silly, because then they never would learn how to conform – which seemed to be the end goal for most.

Devil May Cry commented on Imogen’s gem, and it took all the female’s self-control not to puff up with unfounded pride. “They are markers of the packs here.” Imogen explained. “Each pack has a different patron, who allows them to do different magic. The magic is channeled through this gem.” There was little more on the subject that she knew, being so new to Doutaini herself, but if the other female had questions, Imogen would answer them to the best of her ability with her meager knowledge.

Devil May Cry

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-13-2017, 08:42 AM | This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 08:43 AM by Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry
Rogue
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
29 ep
© crow.

Glad? The beast shifted weight, rumbling its confusion in aggression. None had ever expressed any sort of happiness or joy or appreciation for it or anything it had overcome. They saw only that it was a product of its environment--hard, angry, violent--and they feared what it could do to them should they treat it with any hint of worth. The resultant mix of viewing the beast as a creature level with the dirt, but fanged like the snake, served only to enforce the idea that this new world was full of those who didn't care. Much the same as the old world, but in this new one, the rules were unfamiliar and ever-changing. They wanted it dead. Dead. Dead! For if it was dead, there would be no threat. The beast whined, low and quiet. If only they would take the time to listen and to understand. They would see that the beast was not all there was. There was the wolf, a being that yearned for family and kindness and stability. There was the creature, a blending of the beast and wolf that could defend itself when needed but could also use logic to rule emotional response. They would see the depth of expression that could never be hidden in those electric eyes.
      "I know. I know of Storm, and of Earth, and of the purple gemmed wolves." She had met Mars, Aderchop, the Storm women. They had each taught her in their own right, some by words, other by omission of them. "I know that this place, Doutaini, is governed by wolves who pledge themselves to invisible gods and goddesses in the hope that they would be recognized for their devotion." A snarl returned, subtle in the way the ground shakes beneath the hooves of a stampede. "No deity has ever recognized me or my plight, nor helped in my struggles. There is no reason to expect them to do so now." No reason to wear the gem, beyond the powers they provided the ability to wield.
      Then she turned, facing into the blackness that had been so long at her back. Where the refracting light could not penetrate the wall of shadow. "Tempt me." Give me a reason. Oh, how the darkness looked inviting, now. How easy it would be to slip away into the nothingness. To forget the world and all its woes and find peace in the emptiness. Perhaps there, in the depths of the twisting tunnels and caverns, she would lose her mind and then her life. Be gone forever, so that she would no longer burden the world.

notes. no, she's not contemplating suicide xD just wondering if she should take a trip into the darkness for a bit lol
words. 435
tags. Imogen

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-13-2017, 08:58 AM |
Storm
Imogen
Storm Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
35 in, 85 lbs
6 ep
© Wren
Imogen nodded when Devil May Cry said she knew of Storm and Earth – that was a good a place to start as anything. “There is also Fire, Ice, Water, Enigma, Rebel, Divine, and Wind.” She said, reciting the names of the packs that Mars had told her. “I know not which of them has the purple gem, except for that it is neither Ice nor Water.” If one assumed that the gems of the wolves matched with their elements, then Imogen could hedge a guess that it was Engima who possessed purple gemstones, but she dared not give the other female false information, even on accident. The other female continued on by saying that the world was governed by invisible gods, which made Imogen wince slightly. “I would not call them invisible.” Imogen said mildly. “They do not often walk among the mortals, but that does not mean that their presence is not felt everywhere.” The gods were the ones who gave the wolves their powers, after all, and it seemed that the powers shaped much of Doutaini, changing the lives of the wolves in ways that Imogen was still trying to comprehend.

As for why no gods had concerned themselves in Devil May Cry’s life (which, Imogen was increasingly sure, had not been a good one), the answer seemed rather simple. “If you were a god, why would you trouble yourself with a nonbeliever?” It seemed silly to use the power that the gods had if that power was not even going to be attributed to them, but rather to luck or the wolf that was being helped. It was not that Devil May Cry was not worth of the attention of the gods – Imogen hoped that in some way, every wolf was worthy – but if she did not first believe, then any attention bestowed upon her was going to be useless.

Devil May Cry turned around, into the darkness, and Imogen hesitated at the other female’s words. Tempt me? Were the words meant for Imogen, or for the shadows? The Storm wolf didn’t know. “I will not keep you from the darkness.” Imogen said. Free will was, after all, one of the beauties of being alive. “But I beg of you, do not forget the light.” If they were to meet again, Imogen did not want to see the snarling, awful beast that had bitten her muzzle, but the curious (if not calm) wolf who was making Imogen think – not only about her own faith, but about how others, too, could choose to believe or no. The Storm wolf could not promise anything to her new compatriot, but she could care, and perhaps that would be enough to soften the heart of the beast.

Devil May Cry

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-13-2017, 09:37 AM |
Devil May Cry
Rogue
Female, 3.50
Endomorph
32 in, 130 lbs
29 ep
© crow.

The shoulders of the beast began to shake. The limbs trembled violently, hackles jostling. The skull threw back, a great bellow of laughter erupting. The sound echoed in the small room with the smooth walls, doubling back on itself. Subsiding, the creature turned to face the Storm wolf once more, an enormous grin upon its face. "Dear, if I were a god, I would spend my time convincing the non-believers of my existence. The devout already know." The creature took steps forward, dipping its skull, aiming to press its forehead into the female's cheek. "You are cute though." A purr of satisfaction that this meeting had taken place. That the company of this wolf had been enjoyed.
      Steps forward again, this time with a lean of body that aimed to brush down the side of the Storm wolf as the creature passed. To exchange scents of pelts for memory, and to feel the flesh beneath. Tail gave a parting whisk, and then the creature was gone down the tunnels, toward the light.

DMC exits unless stopped.

notes. welp. now for them to meet again xD
words. 172
tags. Imogen

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-15-2017, 09:13 AM |
Storm
Imogen
Storm Wolf
Female, 2.25
Ectomorph
35 in, 85 lbs
6 ep
© Wren
Devil May Cry said that if she were a god, she would spend her time convincing the nonbelievers, and Imogen could see her point. Perhaps, Imogen thought, that was why they had crossed paths in the caverns – because the other female needed someone to teach her how to have faith. Imogen wasn’t sure she was the best wolf for the job, but now that the idea was in her head, she wasn’t sure she would be able to shake it. Im was momentarily distracted by Devil May Cry calling her cute. She hadn’t heard that word for many seasons, not since she had been a pup. The other female didn’t say anything more, though, before leaving. Imogen let her go. The Storm wolf was left slightly addled and alone. She knew not when she would next see the black-and-white female, but something told Imogen that this was not going to be their last meeting. They had crossed paths for a reason… and it was Imogen’s job to figure out what that reason was.

Devil May Cry
(exit Imogen)

[ Reply ]