pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Spring Icon © Astre
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome Family Drama
Posted 09-05-2017, 08:24 AM | This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 06:10 PM by Tusara
Tusara
Rogue Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
30 in, 100 lbs
0 ep
© Aubers
please allow Oleander and Tavish to post first then it's fair game :D

Posted 09-12-2017, 06:10 PM |
Tusara
Rogue Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
30 in, 100 lbs
0 ep
© Aubers
It had taken longer than she would have liked to make her way to the borders of the ice lands. The edges of snow were a cold comfort on her blistered paws; still hot from their silly escapades within the pass. Tavish was probably getting worried by now and so she included him in her howl so that he could know she was safe. Stopping at the edge she could smell them; the wolf that had defeated Athos and others; wolves she didn't know. Her voice rose; a gentle calm melody that called for Tavish Oleander and the alpha. It had more too it; it yearned for any family that was left; any Thors that might still linger. She didn't know if she could return to the Gelid... didn't know if she wanted to. Yet that didn't stop her desire to see what might be left of her family and possibly re-unite Oleander with his. Never mind the part of her that found him fascinating. She blamed that on her reserved nature that had never truly made friends before. Was he a friend? Despite their brief time together; she'd like to think so.

Posted 09-23-2017, 10:40 AM |
Tavish
Rogue Wolf
Male, 4.00
Meso-fighter
30 in, 117 lbs
40 ep
© Aubers
He had gone off to work on hunting and when he'd returned 'Sara wasn't there. He didn't worry too much until nightfall came and then morning. Where was she? Finally though he caught the sound of her howl on the wind; coming from... Ice? Huh. They had agreed to discuss things with each other before re-joining ice or any other pack really but maybe she wasn't there to join? Shifting into an easy lope he made his way towards the sound; giving off his own howl to let her know he was coming. It took a bit of time but finally he closed the distance; nose picking up on the tinge of burn fur. There was a concern in his gaze as his pace increased until he came to a stop by her side. Vividly green eyes searching her own for any trace of trauma or upset. He shouldn't have left her alone. "'Sara, what's going on?" Protective didn't even begin to describe his attentions for his sister. Still; the snow felt nice under his paws. Familiar. Would anyone else show to her howl or was the place quietly slumbering; dormant while the gods raged?

Oleander Pantaleon Anaxagoras Josephina (anyone else interested :D )

Posted 09-24-2017, 11:43 AM |
Oleander
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
oleander felt next to nothing the closer tusara brought him to the staggering snow cloaked kingdom. what purpose would he serve coming back to a life of mediocrity? he had been his own king, abided by his own laws, it felt near impossible to give himself back to his family as a disposable toy soldier in their ploy for greatness. he'd drawn into himself on the journey, rotting with a bitter jealousy (are you his favored son, now?). the call for the sierra's throne stopped his heart, the organ traveled to his throat, nearly choking him as he waited with a stony face for the appearance of a brother connected to him only by the loins of their father. the arrival of 'sara's brother made his stomach churn, tightening to an uncomfortable degree as he coiled into himself tightly (at attention, soldier).

[bad post is bad, tryna find my muse. ]

Posted 09-24-2017, 12:34 PM |
Anaxagoras
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
The call swells across his kingdom's blustery peaks, a siren's song meant to be answered by the king. Anaxagoras unfurls from his favored resting place in the alpha's den ( actively ignoring the utter emptiness of the large cavern since Pantaleon's recent disappearance ), and stoops into a languid stretch before stealing down the mountainside. It takes him little time to reach them, for he's learned the Gelid Sierra by heart; his mind's eye now inherently traces every path down to its base, where his musk saturates the borders to ward off trespassers who toe a dangerous line. A smoldering, wary stare unearths three small smudges in the distance, smears of color against a backdrop of sheer, endless white. With his lips pursed ( for the last time he encountered a trio interested in meeting with him, it was Kearnal and his kin ), Anaxagoras devours the space between them and stops several yards away. It is not the duo of twins ( recalled from a sliver of memory, as their identical frames were noticed only as he stuttered and fell into darkness ) that he absorbs first -- it is his long-lost brother, a man the rime-king has not seen for ages. The surprise which flickers across his visage is fleeting, but does not settle there in the chasms of his hardened expression. Why now? he ponders, an ear twitching thoughtfully as he mulls their unexpected presence over. " Oleander, " welcomes the dutiful elder brother, dipping his maw in modest respect, " It has been far too long, brother-mine. And you, " he turns his unyielding gaze, then, to Tavish and Tusara. " I'm afraid I do not know your names. What can I do for you? " Though he is well-suited for opposition, his shoulders reflexively square and his stance widens, sinew pulling taut with mild anticipation. Better safe than sorry, he thinks, knowing full well that these two were affiliates of the king he dethroned. There is no aggression in his stance -- only the subtle warning found in those burning eyes, and a thin, thin line swept across his smoke-tinged maw as he patiently awaits their reason for paying him a visit.
Tavish Tusara Oleander

Posted 09-24-2017, 12:51 PM |
Ice
Kearnal
Ice Alpha
Male, 7.75
Endomorph
36 in, 136 lbs
195 ep
© Aubers
(Lets see if I can handle having 3 characters in one thread; shall we? lol and dies)

He had heard the call and sadly; so sadly it took a moment to place. "Tusara!" Turning he sprinted towards the call; limbs steady and sure as he had lived here all of his life. Except when he was lost to the world. no need to let the dark memories in. No; instead his body ill designed for speed covered the ground until he could see them. Both the twins; and a stranger and Anax. He let out his own short howl; letting Anax know he was incoming before literally sliding his way down an iced over hill and incoming with what could only be described as a tackle for his younger siblings. "Tavish, Tusara; you're alive." He was not a dignified wolf by any means; not when it came to his family. Yet, barely a moment had passed before he settled and took one step back before sitting. He'd caught the tail end of Anax's question as he'd been incoming and now he waited. Were they coming back to ice? His gaze slid to the stranger with them; eyeballing up the male in the sort of way only a protective older brother could do. "Anaxagoras; these are two of my younger siblings; conceived during Kaiyo's season of love the whole litter had these heart markings on them." And yeah; perhaps he was oddly proud of them for that even though they had nothing to do with when his parents got it on.

This forest of emotions closes in; leaving a 'one way only' path.
I know what is down that dark trail; but there is no turning back.
One, Two, more souls drift away; only one will fill this hole. Wrath.
Pieces of me lost and broken drift away; my ribs an empty rack.

Posted 09-24-2017, 01:03 PM |
Tusara
Rogue Wolf
Female, 4.00
Meso-runner
30 in, 100 lbs
0 ep
© Aubers
Tavish was the first to arrive and she smiled at the concern in his gaze; her voice soft. "I'm okay." She relaxed by his side until Oleander showed up. He seemed... quiet. Stiff even. She had sensed this before when mention of his family came up and yet; she had to make a choice. It wasn't all that hard really; she knew Tavish would understand. Yet before she could do anything two more wolves arrived; the 'new' ice king and; yup; incoming was Kearnal. She braced herself and then jumped to the side at the last minute; allowing Tavish to take the brunt of her brothers tackle. "Yeah we're tough little brats; eh?" Even as Kearnal disengaged she moved. She very deliberately moved to stand by Oleander's side; pressing her shoulder against his own though her gaze settled on Anaxagoras. They were a firm gaze; steady with their vividly green hues. "I met Oleander when the gods were rampaging and since he gave me some hope and comfort I wanted to return the help by showing him where his brother was." So he could ask about his father; or do whatever it was that he needed to do to be happy. Best make things clear right now. "While Ice will always be a part of my heart; but I think I'd like to explore some of the other packs before settling down." She had some ideas; but she'd want to talk them over with Tavish before making any final decisions. Maybe... just maybe if Oleander didn't want to join his family he could join her? Though it was rather bold of her to hope so.

Posted 09-24-2017, 01:37 PM |
Tavish
Rogue Wolf
Male, 4.00
Meso-fighter
30 in, 117 lbs
40 ep
© Aubers
He wasn't entirely sure of this male that his sister seemed so fond of but as the alpha arrived he dipped his head respectably enough. "Tavish and Tusara Thor-" Although of course it would seem redundant as Kearnal bellowed it out. Watching as his brother came sliding down the hill he sighed and then grinned as 'Sara ducked to the side. Blam. Impact. He had started to crouch but surged upwards at Kearnal slammed into him; claws digging into the snow as he did his very best to both not budge from his spot and shove back against his bro. "Aww common Kear, is that the first thing you can think of to blab about?" By now 'Sara was firmly by the other males side and it left a rolling pit of whatever in his chest. He'd known some day she might start taking an interest in boys... it just felt... nerve wracking? Anxious? Hell if he was supposed to know what label to put on these emotions. Jealous? Besides; it wasn't like he hadn't been interested in girls along the way. Of course; when he had 'Sara had proven to be a bit of a green eyed monster about it; so he supposed they were even. 'Sara went on with her thoughts and he sighed before sitting down. "We just wanted to see if any family was still here and since they are we'd like to ask your permission to come to the borders to visit now and then." That way they wouldn't be tresspassing or asking forgiveness every time.

Anaxagoras

Posted 09-25-2017, 12:55 PM |
Oleander
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
there is a festering presence of agitation within his chest, a gradual infestation of anger as he watches the regal form of his half-brother trolleying in their direction with the leisure of a king. the brutish male is unsure how to respond, his magmatic eyes peering between Tusara and her siblings as they voice their cause to his brother-dearest. he has not forgotten that the Thors fell to 'Nax, and he momentarily feels pity for the lot before he is addressed by the crown. the obsidian mask of his face gazes studiously at his sibling, regarding him with a curt nod. "it has, hasn't it brother. i see you've done fairly well for yourself," he mildly gestures with his maw to the frosty kingdom he'd acquired in the months prior to oleander's arrival. there is a rigidity that tempers the usually aggressive man, something that stays his volatile nature as he bows in respect to his older sibling. the king appears as dour as ever, as impenetrable as his icy fortress in the manner he carries himself, however tusara and her brethren seem unbothered. stunned momentarily by the Thor woman's unabashed touch, oleander switches his attention to her, uncertain why she would stand beside him when she knew little of who he was, and what he stood for. he cannot deny the strange feeling swelling in the pit of his stomach, like moths fluttering within. he scowls at the sensation and averts his gaze to 'nax. "it's as she says. i came back around the time the ridge was burning, searching for the commander and any remaining family. and now here we are, i'm assuming he's still ruling over the cove?"

Tusara Anaxagoras

Posted 09-25-2017, 01:25 PM |
Anaxagoras
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
Anaxagoras hardly has time to sweep himself aside as the cacophony of his newest warrior cascading down the mountainside precedes his calamitous descent. A brow raises as he regards them, retaining his regality and poise in the face of their exuberant reunion. Tavish and Tusara, Kearnal dubs them, and the king formally nods to each of them as he learns their names. He is careful and attentive, listening to these visitors - and Kearnal - as they speak in turn. When prompted, he turns his gaze to Tavish with a warmer expression blooming upon his stoic facade. " Of course. You may visit with family as you please, so long as Kiyoshi's laws remain honored. " His brief smile fades, then, as he shifts to converse with Oleander. His ears swivel forward, keen on hearing his brother's words. Anaxagoras is familiar with the younger man's ways; he gleans the stiffness of his stance, and the sourness embedded in his rigid posture. There is little doubt in his mind that he harbors a sense of disquiet, though the rime-king makes no effort to call attention to it. Instead, he merely aims to procure more information while providing him with the answers he seeks. " I merely serve and honor Kiyoshi, " he corrects, his tenebrous baritone laced with reverence and propriety. As Tusara presses against Oleander, Anaxagoras' unwavering stare flicks subtly between them. Interesting. His kin's scowl, too, does not slip through the cracks of his awareness. Ink-stained lips peel in a civil grin that doesn't quite reach his eyes. " Our father no longer resides within the cove. That's quite a long tale, perhaps best meant for another time. I am the Legion's sole ruler, now. " Though he gives this intelligence freely, Anaxagoras is particular with what he shares. This was neither the time nor the place to discuss their familiar affairs at length, and the sentinel conveys this message through a shrouded, ambiguous expression, fitted with thinned eyes and tight lips. Intimate details can be shared later. " Have you a place to stay, Oleander? You would do well here; it is not unlike our birthplace. "
Tavish Tusara Oleander Kearnal

Posted 09-25-2017, 07:47 PM |
Ice
Lillian
Ice Healer
Female, 2.00
Endomorph
34 in, 115 lbs
0 ep
© Anna
It had taken some time, but Lillian's preparations for her new den were finally complete. She had stayed with her parents for the duration of its construction, for it had been quite an elaborate plan that required careful planning and execution. Situated at the base of a rise in the land, the small mouth of the den opened into a large room. Lillian planned to store her herbs and medicine there as well as receive visitors in the space. Further into the den, the large area split into three smaller rooms. Each was large enough to house one wolf with extra space for others to maneuver around in. The dens to the left and right would house any patients she might need to care for and watch over. The center was her own personal living space. She could have possibly added more space to accommodate more wolves, but that risked the stability of the structure. Overall, it was a well-flowing space that Lillian took pride in.

She was admiring her handiwork when she heard the howl. It wasn't specifically for her, but it called for any Thors, and Lillian was a Thor. Giving her den one final glance, she turned in the opposite direction and shifted into a steady lope. The source of the call was quite a distance away at the border, so it took Lillian a bit longer to arrive.

When the chocolate she-wolf finally entered upon the scene, she was pleased to see her father and alpha. However, the other three were strangers to her. Lillian approached with her head tilted at a slight angle. She hadn't heard any of their conversation. "Sorry for the late arrival. What did I miss?" The young girl stood to the side, feeling slightly awkward in this situation.

"Give me space and I will grow. Hold me down and I will fight."

Posted 09-25-2017, 07:56 PM |
Ice
Josephina
Ice Sub-Alpha
Female, 7.00
Endomorph
33 in in, 115 lbs
65 ep
© Anna
» ✧ «

She was on a walk, admiring the snow-capped mountains and enjoying the feeling of the wind blow through her fur. Summer was upon the land, but the Gelid was barely untouched. Ice still hung from the sides of cliffs and snow still crunched beneath her paws. The white landscape around her was one of peace and serenity. Josephina found herself taking these daily walks quite often. They made her feel at home again, and she felt closer with herself and Kiyoshi with each trek through the snow. It often left her in a good mood as well.

Her walk had brought her to the north of the Gelid, so when she heard Tusara's call, she knew it would take time to reach her sister-in-law. The dark she-wolf would move at a steady pace, but she did not rush herself. Sometimes, the icy land could prove to be dangerous and Josephina did not wish to go tumbling down the side of the mountain.

She arrived just after her daughter Lillian. Moving to stand beside her, Josephina once again found herself in awe of her daughter. Once a small pup barely bigger than her own head, Lillian had now grown to be taller than her mother. "Lillian, this is Tavish and Tusara Thor. They are your aunt and uncle." Josephina turned to face the two twins. "This is Lillian, our daughter," she said motioning to herself and Kearnal. A final shift of her gaze would land on the only wolf she did not know. "Forgive our intrusion. I'm Josephina."
josephina

Posted 09-28-2017, 08:13 AM |
Ice
Kearnal
Ice Alpha
Male, 7.75
Endomorph
36 in, 136 lbs
195 ep
© Aubers
(no need to tag all three of my buggers; one ping is fine :D I should be able to get T and T up later today; figure if they shift to a different spot that could explain Anax's poofing from the thread?)

It seemed clear that his own family reunion was interfering with Anaxagoras's reunion with his brother. Even as he was moving to Jo's side he found his figurative eyebrows raising as 'Sara moved to Oleander's side. The situation seemed to be getting somewhat crowded but since Anax had given Tavish permission... "Maybe it'd be best if we move a bit away to give them some privacy?" After speaking he took a few steps away before pausing to see if the others would follow. He moved a few more steps; fully expecting Lil and Jo to join him. It would be an interesting test of 'Sara's interest to see if he could lure her away from her new friends side long enough to give his alpha some privacy. "You're both more than welcome to join us after you've had your moments if you'd like?" Assuming they'd be willing to go with him he planned on leading the way to a small cove of pine trees that were still along the border but south west of where they were now.

This forest of emotions closes in; leaving a 'one way only' path.
I know what is down that dark trail; but there is no turning back.
One, Two, more souls drift away; only one will fill this hole. Wrath.
Pieces of me lost and broken drift away; my ribs an empty rack.