pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © KennaLeeStratton
Current Layout Image © Renee
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Borders season of the red sun
Posted 09-04-2017, 04:54 PM |
Elektra
Rogue
Female, 0.00
Ectomorph
--- in, --- lbs
ep
© ---
it feels like home. Elektra allows herself to be led by the ghost of Mars' voice, drifting beneath the reddening rays of a setting sun. The horizon shimmers with the heat that clings to the undulating planes of gold stretching into an interminable beyond. Her tongue hangs across the lower line of her jaw, panting lazily as the hot air scorches her throat and lungs. The coming night will surely offer relief, but in this moment, she revels in the scorch of the relentless sun.

There is an ache in her heart, as if the flesh is bruised and bleeding beneath the red-tinged black of her fur. The feverish glint in her golden eyes reflects the intensity of the landscape, swallowing up the shade of her dark complexion. The scar that interrupts the smooth black of her right cheek has shrunk considerably, barely visible now after vigilant tending. There are times when it seems to pulsate with the memory of pain, pulling her features into a flickering grimace, but in this desert heat, it seems placated.

Amusing, she thinks to herself, wryly. To think that Akako's mark appears satisfied. Her gaze sweeps left and right, seeking out the shadows beneath scrub that dots the desert, carefully tracking the tiniest hint of movement. She hopes to find Lilith out here, somewhere, taking note of the scents that may or may not define the outlands. It is difficult to tell, but Elektra is not certain if this is intentional. "Odd," she mutters, wondering if it is merely her imagination - or did the desert seem unusually desolate?

Lilith or whoever, if Renee doesn't have time c;

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-04-2017, 07:11 PM | This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 09:04 AM by Lilith
Fire
Lilith
Fire Warrior
Female, 1.75
Endomorph
33 in, 122 lbs
57 ep
© Renee
She lost. The storm boy had bested her in an art she knew well ( but clearly not mastered ), leaving the blonde warrior bitter. She had secluded herself to the quiet walls of her home, wallowing within the shadows as she gives her wounds ( and her pride ) proper time to heal, though she is still considerably tender when she moves. Lilith cannot quite ignore the pain that shot throughout her trapeze muscle. Soon, she hoped to be at her best. In time. She wonders what she had done wrong, what mistakes she had made that had resulted in her failure.
whatever. It didn't matter anymore, it was over.
She had left her den just moments ago, having found a barren one near the borders to call her own. It hadn't taken too long to clean out, she wondered briefly if it's previous occupant had simply left or died somehow -
there was a lot of turmoil within doutaini lately. especially since the gods had began acting up. there's no saying what was going to happen next. anything is possible.
it is as the blonde matron limps across the fading, marked borders that she manages to catch the fleeting scent of elektra. sand-sister. lilith quickens her pace, though she is undeniably limping as she begins her approach, spotting that dark, familiar figure in the distance. "elektra," she greets, stopping a couple feet off to her left side. a small, mischievous grin is offered. "what can i do for you?" a subtle inquiry, offered with the slight tilt of her head.

Elektra i'm feeling better this is my priority!

credit @RussianBlues of DA.
recolored by Kiwi.

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-11-2017, 04:52 PM |
Elektra
Rogue
Female, 0.00
Ectomorph
--- in, --- lbs
ep
© ---
At the sound of Lilith's voice, Elektra turns to peer at the younger wolf with a smile that is uncharacteristically warm. She feels a flicker of surprise at her own eagerness, accepting the quiet realization that truthfully, this is where she belongs. It's easy to see the limp that disrupts her companion's ambling pace, and a brow rises on the Savage's dark face, creating a furrow between her golden eyes. "You should have stopped by the Gaia, my friend," she says, quietly. "I have made an acquaintance or two who might've helped heal your wounds." Her gaze drifts away, studying the dunes that stretch into the depths of the desert. They rush to meet the horizon, where only the convoluted spine of the mountains are taller.

A moment of silence passes, heavy with tension that clutches at Elektra's heart.

"Akako's desert needs its protectors - now more than ever, it seems," she finally says, with a grim smile. Her gaze still lingers on the murk of the distance, ears alert. "I was alarmed by your mention of snow, and now..." She lets her voice melt into the hot air, tilting her muzzle slightly to peer into Lilith's face, before rising to dismiss the space that remains between them, arriving confidently at the other wolf's side. "The desert is emptier than ever. How do you - and everyone - fare, Lilith? I ask for your honesty." Her inquiry is sincere, beseeching the younger one for even the smallest grain of insight.

Lilith

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-11-2017, 07:19 PM |
Fire
Lilith
Fire Warrior
Female, 1.75
Endomorph
33 in, 122 lbs
57 ep
© Renee
'You should have stopped by the Gaia, my friend,' "oh yea, the temple," the blonde muses fondly, feeling a light flutter in the depths of her breast as she happy recollects her meetings with briar. she was rather fond of him ( even though, they hardly knew one another! ), there was just something about her that made her heart tick. "i'm alright, not a big deal. but next time you see briar, tell him i said hello," she'd have to be sure to go and visit him some time again. maybe when the world was done going crazy around them.

but a sudden silence has shrouded them, tension heavy in the air as the fire warrior moves inwardly, welcoming elektra into her space. as her sand-sister moves to settle at her side, listening carefully to what she had to say.

what has she seen happening around the desert?

truthfully, not much of anything besides the blizzard that had trapped her and two children. a lot had been happening around doutaini, leaving everyone heavy with worry as lands around them became individually plagued. they had all been absent in these trying times, while lilith had been consumed in the tournament. the reality was nearly blindsiding. she blinks, curiously looking around as she would take a breath. "i haven't seen much of anyone, really.. but i've also been preoccupied myself, with the tournament. i saw vaitan awhile back at the fields," she had tried to fight for akako that day, but they'd been torn from one another and forced to bare witness the disasters happening within the rebel and ice lands. ryo had been met, and he would not be easily forgotten. lilith would pause, brows furrowing into one another as she aims to catch elektra's gaze, just briefly. "what do you suggest, elektra?" there is a real curiosity that burns within her gut, a desire to strive but at the same time she is almost torn. "akako wasn't thrilled about our numbers, either," another privileged, she'd been graced with his presence that day as well. but fuck he had been pissed.

Elektra

recolored by Kiwi.

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-11-2017, 08:15 PM |
Elektra
Rogue
Female, 0.00
Ectomorph
--- in, --- lbs
ep
© ---
A quiet snort of laughter slips from between her lips as Lilith remembers the existence of Kaede's clan and their healing abilities. But when she mentions Briar's name, her amusement fades quickly into another frown. "I have not seen Briar in some time, unfortunately." The admission is reluctant, both due to her unwillingness to admit it, and the discomfort she naturally feels when divulging information that might be sensitive. Endangering Earth by revealing a potential vulnerability isn't her intention, but she feels - knows - that Lilith is worthy of trust. Doutaini has, thus far, provided a slew of extremes that appeal to her decisive nature; it is easy to see who will suit her tastes and who will not. In retrospect, luck is mostly on her side.

"I was there," she says, nodding as Lilith recounts the last time she has seen Vaitan. I was the first. "Hoshiko revealed herself to me when I pleaded for resolution, and bade me listen for her call. 'twould be foolish to ignore a mandate of the divine." Her muzzle dips slightly, the amber of her eyes focusing intently on the starlit indigo of Lilith's own, searching for signs of ridicule or trickery as she poses her query: what do you suggest, Elektra? She held no expectation that others would seek her advice, and certainly not in the realm of what action would benefit the kingdom she left. "Change," she says, with hardly any hesitation. "Change that I intend to herald in Akako's name, but only if... I have your support." She grits her teeth in a strained smile, but does not remove the heat of her gaze from Lilith's face.

Mars named her queen, but it feels a strange title to bear without approval of the wolf who had championed Fire in her absence.

Lilith

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-12-2017, 07:44 PM | This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 07:54 PM by Lilith
Fire
Lilith
Fire Warrior
Female, 1.75
Endomorph
33 in, 122 lbs
57 ep
© Renee
‘I have not seen Briar in some time, unfortunately,’ this remark, however, unsettles her. A brow rises, a frown pressing firm upon the scar riddled lines of her lips as she physically shifts to face Elektra. Interest rides on the narrow lines of her pretty, battle-worn face. “I’ll have to go find him later.” it was a simple solution, really. A sigh flutters loose, shaking her head just slightly. ‘I was there,’ lilith's gaze has faltered, settling plainly into her own of sun kissed amber. 'Hoshiko revealed herself to me when I pleaded for resolution, and bade me listen for her call. 'twould be foolish to ignore a mandate of the divine.' "those who ignore the reckoning of the gods are fools," the blonde matron concludes, glancing away. 'Change,' the word hits her and she can feel herself swallow hard. The reality of it was, it meant removing Vaitan and Lyonesse as king and queen - but where have they been lately, anyway?

She was fond of the both of them, in ways that differed; would they damn her for this? It was not out of disloyalty or betrayal that she would gather her words. 'Change that I intend to herald in Akako's name, but only if... I have your support,' curious. A light ignites in the pools of her twilight eyes as they once more attempt to grasp Elektra's, a fond expression quickly covering the generally hard complexion, all at once softening to an unfamiliar degree. "I'm not so special," there's a bitter tone behind the words that leave her pursed lips, ears flicking back against the crown of her skull. "you don't need my support," a pause, shifting to stand in front of her sand-sister. "but you have it." you do what you must, elektra. and she would smile.

however, the worry that coddled her heart was not easy to ignore, as she is sure that this could potentially damage her friendship with two wolves she's grown to know. time will tell.

Elektra

recolored by Kiwi.

[ Reply ]