pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Autumn Icon © UnoleSpirit
Current Layout Image © Dee & Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Private renovations
Posted 08-12-2017, 11:37 PM | This post was last modified: 08-13-2017, 09:14 PM by Niyole
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
170 ep
© Elle

Lyra & Tyrus

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

Posted 08-13-2017, 09:13 PM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
170 ep
© Elle
Reluctant to leave little Clark alone within the small confines of her den, there was a bit of heartache as she traced the small monochromatic gray features of her child, with ever present yet significantly shallow features of her father. Expelled life from her womb, precious cargo she'd abused, now peacefully innocent on a sponge of moss, cradled within a cramped studio apartment. A soft moment of adoration, whispered lullabies, before the queen takes her leave of the princess - born royalty, she only hoped that her predecessor kept her as much.

There's a small clearing ringed by thick trees with a singular entrance through the thick of scraggly, yet looming bushes; a maze of sorts to reach the rugged circle within. A chosen place of secrecy away from prying eyes; hard to find unless you knew Xyntanza's like the back of your hand. There was much to discuss between the three. Renovations to the pack hierarchy as she intended to renounce her right. A crown once fought for removed from her brow, the pearls set within rolling from their intricately carved sockets as the metal clattered to the floor. Motherhood felt a much more worthy cause at the present, breathy promises made to spend important time with an only child.

She settles across her wide haunches on the soft exposure of new grass just settling into its growth spurt, and allows the ash smeared lines of her lips to curl into an oblong hole that sends a howl reverberating across the expanse of territory, seeking those she wishes to council.

They would both be hers despite the crown resting on the ground, cold as the warmth of her flesh rescinds from the metal circlet. She would attain them both - Lyra and Tyrus - and press them to her bosom, carve her image on their hearts, and covet her queen from the grasping fingers of the forsaken.

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

Posted 08-15-2017, 06:53 PM | This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 03:14 PM by Balian
Balian
Rogue
Male, 3.25
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
424 ep
© Hae

The gargoyle, watching over his young ward as she slept, had long since been awake when the summons leaked into his den and tickled his ears. It was soft, but audible – and meant for him, as well as the other noble Queen. His lips pursed as his eyes traced Alabama's petite muzzle, her broad-yet-tiny paws. Howls could only convey so much. It took more than a few seconds for him to gather the energy to disentangle himself, as softly and gently as a wolf his size was able. His steps were meticulous and quiet, slow and mind. Just before he rounded the doorway to his quarters he paused to glance over his shoulder, eyes alight as if burning the scene before him into his mind. Abruptly turning back around, he bent the breezes to his will and soared like a gyrfalcon on a high wind.

Niyole glistened like sun-touched sand, and he paused abruptly at her side by leaning into his hind-quarters to adjust, his tail whipping to account for balance. A gust stirred behind him, swirling in his wake. Lowering to the earth, he panted with precision (not too fast, not too slow), slowly shedding the effects of using magic. “What news?” he asked, voice thrumming with concern. Eager to jump to the worst conclusion, the most terrible scenario. Yet, as he traced the lines on her face, there was a distinct lack of despair. There were no answers in her eyes.

Niyole Lyra

Posted 08-18-2017, 11:54 AM |
Enigma ( Staff )
Lyra
Enigma Wolf
Female, 2.75
Meso-runner
30 in, 105 lbs
218 ep
© Ly
the call summons her from her den, sequestered among the highest cliffs of the mountain; as cold and distant as the woman herself, though warmer in its depths, still and black as the womb. she does not mind the distraction from her solitude. merely wonders at its cause, and her curiosity hastens her step, leading her quickly to niyole's chosen grove. tyrus arrived a few steps before her. she steps forward to niyole's opposite side for a moment, aiming to press a kiss to the woman's neck, her own twining briefly against the queen's skin; an uncharacteristic display of affection reserved for the company present. she feels no need to be armored among friends. but the unexpectedness of the call, the strange note in the queen's familiar howl, makes the moment of comfort brief. she pulls away to stand before the two, austerity settling into its well-worn place on her maw, black lips pressed to hard edges and eyes gone from liquid to steel in the space of a breath. she does not echo tyrus's question, merely adopts it as her own with an inquisitive twist of her brow, head tilting to the side with an air of concern. yagrum's absence is noted--this is clearly an issue reserved to wind's oldest remaining members, and she fears it must be grave.

( short phone post but I didn't want to hold things up! <3 Niyole )

Posted 08-19-2017, 09:14 PM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
170 ep
© Elle
The once-king is first to come, a pleasant surprise, though she expected both Lyra and Tyrus to be punctual. It was only a minute or two after the dark form appeared that her counterpart arrived, both concerned by the council she called. There's a neutrality to her face that exists out of sheer inability to disappoint them, though the deed was already settled within her mind. A crown tossed from her regal brow to the downy earth.

With Lyra's welcomed kiss to her neck she offers a soft display of affection as well, a kiss to the nook of her cheek bone to the hollow point of her throat - passionate and wanting of the woman. Always, since their heated passion stolen on the gossamer throne of Wind's kingdom, a pulsing desire that never quite faded from the memory of tangled appendages and the muggy atmosphere of an overheated den.

"Little news, my loves," her gaze draws upon them as if they were already hers and her voice lulled with a pleasantness to the dulcet tone, "with my daughter at my breast I do not wish to slow Wind's glory any longer. I've come to the realization that I would like to invest time in raising her properly; she and Hadlee both." A slight tilt to her chin in defiance of any objections as her tail rose half mast behind the tawny haunches. "So it is to you, Tyrus, that I offer the crown once again, should Lyra feel it well-suited on your head. And a request to take the mantle of a pupsitter." No explanation extended for the request of pupsitter, for she felt it rather obvious that she would fit a nurturing role among the hilltop, and Canela was a dear old friend of her's; they could work well together to entertain the youths of Xyntanza's. "Please, do keep Yagrum as a right hand. She is loyal to Wind - she is loyal to me - and she will do as is requested, I have no doubt of that." It was her only remaining request, before she would speak of political matters. There was more she'd like to impress upon Tyrus, and so her sunset gaze smoldered against his ink washed canvas.

"Water and Earth are our established alliances thus far. Briar made mention of that boy who slaughtered Kaley - Kaley's spirit informed it was her brother - was a known enemy to Earth. And Rebel is considered an enemy to our nation." With the last statement her eyes roved to linger against Lyra's stern features, analytical as they pressed for knowledge of the Amazonian queen's visage.

Lyra Tyrus

Posted 08-21-2017, 03:45 PM | This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 10:27 PM by Balian
Balian
Rogue
Male, 3.25
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
424 ep
© Hae

Wisely choosing to keep his thoughts hidden, he could not help to spare a glance between them in the face of their blatant display of passion. Gentlemen were still deigned to fantasies, they simply tried harder to deny them. 'Little news, my love,' Niyole replied, drawing a confused scrunch of his brows. 'With my daughter at my breast I do not wish to slow Wind's glory any longer.' “I do not believe you have,” he protested with a shake of his head even as her tone filled his bones with a sense of foreboding. 'I've come to the realization that I would like to invest time in raising her properly; she and Hadlee both.' Like the Queen she was, she tilted her head righteously with defiance, firm in her decision. It wasn't something he could disapprove of, so he merely thinned his lips and waited. 'So it is you, Tyrus, that I offer the crown once again, should Lyra feel it well-suited on your head.' Every fiber in his body froze, his heart skipping a beat and fighting for rhythm, as she named him, the broken man. 'And a request to take the mantle of a pup-sitter.'

“No, I...” he whispered softly, the bitter-sweet baritone of his voice edged in pain and turmoil. Twisting, he searched for the Scythe's eyes, wondering why it was not she that deserved – or wanted – the command. The wind picked up speed, bowing the tops of trees as it rustled feverishly through their fur. 'Please, do keep Yagrum as a right hand. She is loyal to Wind – she is loyal to me – and she will do as requested, I have no doubt of that.' The moment seemed to shackle him, his limbs trembling and joints threatening to collapse as whatever was hidden deep inside him pulsed outward, taking root in his skull. He bent his head, wincing as he blinked the stars from his vision. He could almost hear the whirlwind of his thoughts taking root in the outside world, flowing around them in a vicious squall.

Niyole continued, her words dripping into his ears. 'Water and Earth are our established alliances thus far. Briar made mention of that boy who slaughtered Kaley...' That was the last thing he heard before a roar sounded in his ears, painfully stabbing his inner psyche. The dam cracked, and then shattered. He saw the black dragon, an intruder, and Kaley in the distance and sped with all of his might, desperately trying to save her. Tyrus stumbled forward, his chest rising and falling as he fought to find air for his lungs. A flash, the sound of his brother-in-arms voice trying to warm him. His name screaming from a voice he never wanted to cause pain. The edge of his outline flickered, a sudden torrent surrounding him nearly in the shape of a dome, as if his inner self – or perhaps the God – was seeking to shield him from what was yet to come. Too late, his enemy's fangs tore at his healer's throat, spraying sanguine; tainting her pretty white fur. He watched her body fall limply to the earth. Rage, hatred, and blood-lust consumed him. Revenge, vengeance. He was the righteous tool of the Divine, and in their name he would cleave the infection from the world. The Gargoyle King snarled in anguish, both in past and present. He lunged, yet found his efforts met with failure. 'Never forget. She died by your incompetence.' Tyrus gasped, flinging his head backward, every reserve exploding outward in a massive display of power. Blades of air sharpened and shattered against his flesh even as parts of him disappeared, invisible, flickering back into existence by the oval shield of solidified air. The ground tore, ripped by elemental fervor. His heart beat too fast, foam forming at his jowls and nose. 'Never forget.' The knight seized, blood dribbling from his nostrils only to be whisked away by the torrent surrounding him. His throat bobbed as he suffocated, visions of the past flickering before his sightless eyes. 'Never forget.'

Why...

am I still alive?

The beast crumpled, falling thickly to the ground. Unconscious, his rib-cage shuddered with desperate attempts; all magic halted, leaving only his jerking body to break the stillness.

Niyole Lyra

Posted 08-23-2017, 08:38 AM |
Enigma ( Staff )
Lyra
Enigma Wolf
Female, 2.75
Meso-runner
30 in, 105 lbs
218 ep
© Ly
she's contented by the queen's touch, idling pleasantly in their company; for a moment, she believes all is as it should be. a sense of order begins to settle over her entropic worldview. tyrus would grow strong again, here; and the three of them would shepherd their young pack to glory. head, heart, and she the red right hand. but the moment ends too soon. "so it is to you, tyrus, that I offer the crown once again." the words do not immediately process. pupsitter? children? they had endured so much in their short reign--had she already consigned legacy to the next generation? lyra fumbles to understand the queen's reasoning, and it is only after that she realizes niyole has yielded her throne to tyrus.

a shroud passes over her eyes, then, and she looks away to the boughs shivering under tyrus's conjured winds. she has never experienced pain at words alone before; had always believed violence limited in its effect to the arena. and yet the razorwire tightening around her skull suggests her belief was naive. she hurts. she says nothing, finding composure in retreating to her usual steely indifference, hackles bristling along her spine as the winds whipped heavy around them. she had never wanted niyole's crown. had never particularly sought her own; she had aspired to act as a strong second, a general. the ambition had risen in her later, like an invasive species, vining her with unexpected hopes, dreams that extended beyond the moment of action. adrift on such thoughts of rejection she does not notice the new king's fit until it is upon him.

a blast of air knocks her back, forcing the wind from her lungs, and she fights to regain her footing, eyes narrowed against the storm as she looks to its heart. air currents ripple and break against tyrus's flesh, swathing him in fury, and though she does not know the cause she can only assume he is the origin. head down and braced against the tides she struggles to his side. but it ends as quickly as it began, with blood and his collapse, and she fears the worst. she crosses the remaining space between them to hold his head still between her paws, that he would not injure himself by thrashing on the rocks, but any further knowledge that might improve his situation is beyond her. she lifts her head to the sky and howls for the denizens of earth. let their fledgling alliance be tested. she can only hope one of their numbers would hear, and be close enough to travel quickly. damn fool, she thinks, gaze dropping back to his bloodied maw, affection intermingled with frustration. haruko had warned him of this.

if only he'd remembered.

Niyole Briar Mars Asceo

Posted 08-23-2017, 03:30 PM |
Earth ( Staff )
Mars
Earth Alpha
Male, 2.75
Meso-runner
34 in, 118 lbs
453 ep
© ev

“In our village,”
folks say God crumbles up the old moon into stars.

― aleksandr solzhenitsyn, one day in the life of ivan denisovich

mars was travelling through serene fields when a call was sounded for him. his ears twitched as his snout lifted from the flowers. his head turns to the call from the hill. niyole? tyrus? lyra? it is for the council and asceo; he does not wait. paws thunder against the ground as he used the running that his body was made for- pushing his limits further than he had before as he reached his top speed of thirty-five. he dashed through the flowers- bugs and small animals jumping out of the way as the man hurried onto his mission. he dodged a rock and another, jumping and swerving as he made it to the bottom of the hill. his breath was broke in pants. he started to climb; using his skill and muscle to scale the rocky terrain. he had been this way before; seeing his ties to wind. yet, never found his heart there. a growl comes from his lips as sharp rocks dig into him. he pushed himself further as the wind got rougher.

“i'm coming! i'm coming!" he yells; hoping it will make it there before it gets blown by the wind.

mars let out a grunt; pushing himself up the hill until he reached the top. his paws thunder against the ground as he dashed past the borders. his eyes scanning as he followed the scent of three wolves and, blood? his eyes widen as he slows his pace as he sees them in the distance. he sees tyrus on the ground as he reaches them, blood coming from his nose.

“what happened? how did this happen?” he speaks, slightly frantic.

tyrus was a good man. though, mars had not seen a lot of him, he knew he was good. good for this pack. a small smile is given to niyole, though it falters. his skull turned back to tyrus. his head is dipped to his chest as he listened for his heartbeat before his paws splay against the ground. he had heard of the usage of life. but, he did not know how. he waits for the healer and the king to show.

Briar, Asceo, & Niyole

searching to find myself but all i see is you,
i can hardly stand myself so, what am i to you?

Posted 08-23-2017, 05:15 PM |
Storm ( Staff )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
241 ep
© Julie
WILDFLOWER

Since the Valentine’s return, Philippa found herself positioned close to the towering mountain that had once been her home, freed from her task of scouring nearby the pit hoping he would return. Her time was split between Serene Fields and Styx Heights lately, traveling between the two and toeing along the boundaries of Wind while she battled with the storm inside her chest. After all that she had witnessed and experience upon that hillside, she was left unsure if she was ready to return. Yet there was a magnetic pull that convinced her to stay close as each passing day eroded her iron will. Today, she would find gratitude in her flaw when a call sounded from the mountain that stirred panic in her heart. Something had happened, that she could not be certain from her place among the crags of Styx Heights, but she had known Haruko’s winds since the day she was born. Magic was afoot as rose quartz eyes peered towards the mountainside, and the healer was moving quickly. Philippa passed over the borders out of desperation, wondering if her queen-sister would place a bounty on her head—after all, her actions were not so different from Ryu’s, drawn by the need of their family. Her heart thudded inside her chest as she followed the intercepting scents of Niyole, Lyra, and Tyrus, lungs winded from the sudden charge into higher elevation, making her head feel light and slightly dizzy. Philippa had grown accustomed to the lower altitudes after her departure, but she carried on with a determination that culminated in finding the trio and a man from Earth.

Her heart drops in finding Tyrus sprawled across the ground and all the air she had in her lungs went rushing out. Breathless, she cannot will her feet to move when her brow crinkled in worry and she watched the foaming at his mouth. This is what Ryu had tried to protect them from, the disease spreading, she thought at first. But upon further inspection, the tremors of his body and additional symptoms spoke of something else. Knowing the role she must assume, Philippa shakes the darkened features of her head slightly before sweeping forward with fluid steps, her svelte form kneeling at his side. The Earth man (she had met him once, hadn’t she) pressed his ear to Tyrus’ chest. “Help me turn him on his side.” Requested the Grecian in an insensibly calm tone given the cacophony of her chest, hoping to spare him from asphyxiating on the foam and aspirating it into his lungs. Philippa also grabbed a twig to lodge between his jaws to provide an escape and keep the Valentine from biting his tongue. “Tyrus,” she whispered softly, calling to him through the veil of unconscious, hoping her voice might help him find his way back to them. “Don’t you dare leave me again.” She confessed and commanded from him, her lips hovering near his ear as the fortress that held her emotions at bay began to crumble.
( hope you don't mind pip showing up! if so, just let me know and I can take it down <3)

Posted 08-25-2017, 09:26 PM | This post was last modified: 08-28-2017, 12:46 PM by Niyole
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 2.75
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
170 ep
© Elle
Had Lyra's ambitions been known to the former queen, she would have gladly bestowed her own crown upon her cherished counterpart's head. She, herself had never felt the ambitious tide to rule, not even as she sat upon the gilded throne. Only now, it mattered not, for the crown was displaced from her brow and placed upon the weary Valetine's head once more. A place where it looked rather regal and more properly placed than upon her broad tawny head.

Everything moves quickly, though she sees the cloud cross Tyrus's eyes and worry sprouts across her brow. Let him not destroy them all. With a puff of breath, she braces herself as the winds whip around them. Those peach eyes narrow onto the solid figure of the man she'd come to embrace as more than just her once-king, but as a friend. She wonders if this moment has pushed him to far and she feels a sudden pang of guilt born within her breast. "Tyrus!" She shouts into the winds, narrowed eyes prickled with stinging tears as she takes a step towards the ink body, only it was entirely too late.

As he falls to the floor, writhing against the rocks, she stares in shock for a minute. Frozen as she watches the thrashing form of her friend and wishes above all odds she could heal whatever damage he's caused as flecks of blood spray into the air from the trickles that seep from his nostrils. Lyra cradles his skull and she feels a bitter jealousy, as Lyra is hers by nature and even the most selfless act catches her off guard with revulsion at the thought of anyone else touching what belonged to her. It takes Mar's entrance and inquiry to break her gaze from the pair on the floor, as she had not entirely registered Lyra's beckoning for Earth's healer.

"Tyrus's memories are locked away. Only, I think, something been jogged for him, as once I mention Kaley, he became a torrent of emotion." There's a shrug of her broad sandy shoulders as she inspects Mars, wondering what business the wolf could truly have. She did not recall the man being much of a healer, but perhaps he'd taken up the skill once he'd joined Earth's ranks. She means to say more, but Philippa arrives and gets to work with those skilled physcian's hands and Niyole knows the drill as the nurse that once assisted her half-sister with a couple different situations.

Though, Philippa does not speak to her, does not ask for her aid, and she is somewhat disappointed by this realization as her peach eyes draw onto the thick of her sister's form busy at work. Despite such dismissal, she moves to help Mars turn Tyrus over, the bulk of her weight pressed forward as she uses the flat of her head above her brow line to push heavily into Tyrus's form. With assistance it would be easy to roll the man over. Her ears twitch at Philippa's words, unaware of the affections Philippa bestowed on the king. There'd been notes of such underlying affection all along, she knew deep down, but somehow found it still somewhat unexpected.

"Bloody awful way to accept a crown," she half muttered as she breathed somewhat heavily from the exertion of forcing Tyrus's fitful body over.

Tyrus

ooc: Lyra, Mars Assuming Tyrus is unconscious, I didn't think to tag you guys.
XD

Posted 09-12-2017, 10:38 PM |
Storm ( Staff )
Philippa
Storm Wolf
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
32 in, 100 lbs
241 ep
© Julie
( smol bump? need to know if philippa is going to stay in wind or move on, depending what happens here <3 Tyrus Lyra Mars )

Posted 09-15-2017, 09:18 PM |
Balian
Rogue
Male, 3.25
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
424 ep
© Hae
working on this just an fyi