pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Open Ivory Throne
Posted 08-04-2017, 09:30 PM | This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 09:37 PM by Lunafer
Divine
Lunafer
Divine Alpha
Intersex, 5.50
Meso-runner
35.00 in in, 114.00 lbs lbs
355 ep
© Sylvirr

Could he say that it was a long time coming? Or did he simply know this to be true somewhere in his heart of hearts and his soul of souls? Perhaps it seemed obvious to some, less so to others, but this was not a death march. This was a redemption, a moment of pureness and solidarity in a time when they flustered and windswept inhabitants of the cove were lost and Hotaru herself seemed filled only with sorrow. But this, he would not allow. To linger upon the darkness was to usher an era of despair into the Cove and her fireflies would carry souls of the fallen rather than the spirits of the goddess. And this was a travesty he would not have. How long had the gates been barred? Mystery's children now were up and ready, Jupiter was still somewhere lost and he knew not where and he had no choice but to go out now and find them-- though he knew in his heart of hearts that they were safe. Lypso'ru-- Oh, Lypso, where ARE you? All gone, he'd seen not hide nor hair and he'd lost Panik already and he could not bear the thought of Lypso'ru and Amaranthe being lost, too.

Song and Venus had been there at the Willows and he knew not where they had gone either, and the image of poor Vodka collapsed over Panik's broken form was forever etched in his mind, but she lived. Didn't she? He failed to save Panik, failed to save her children, failed to save Bhaltair from himself, and the guilt and sorrow weighed heavy on his heart but he was the only one now who could take blame for what had happened-- he should have spoken to Bhaltair sooner, should have taught Orestes how to find calm, should have helped Panik more throughly with her pregnancy, should have assisted Song, should have done more with them all.... And he took the full blame for Hotaru's misery, though it was not his fault to bear. Still, it was his duty and his task, his reason for being. He was a priest, not just, but a Vessel, and he would carry their woes into oblivion for them all. But this time, he would take up a mantle. They were here, they were made, but they had no leader and little support. He would gain it.

It was not a fight he could take to the ruins, for leaving the Cove now was to be barred from re-entry and what purpose would that serve? Still, this time, he rose and lifted his chin to the heavens. He spoke a softly, for there was no need to yell, as he was certain he would be heard.

"Hotaru," he began,"I'm sorry. I am sorry for whats' happened. I am sorry for being too late to help, I am sorry for being too late to stop them, I am sorry for being too late for lives not yet lived and dreams not yet realized. It may not have been my fault in the eyes of others... But I will take full responsibility for your sorrow and your your horror. If you see it fit, you may give me whatever punishment is so fitting. But in the interim, I ask only for two things; Open the gates, for Divine is not a place of solitude and sorrow. I will have it a refuge and haven and we will protect those who are in need. We will protect those who struggle and we will defend them. I will not have Divine seen as warmongerers, nor as a passive presence. We will be the Shields of Doutaini-- if Divine is to be seen, then let us be seen as Knights of Virtue and acceptance. And two, I ask that you allow me to lead them." True, he had not fought-- he had not raised a single toe in violence or cruelty, but this was not to be confused with weakness or shyness, for he was fearless, and he would NOT let harm come to those in the Cove-- or, those outside of it. Even if it meant breaking his vow of Pacifism. "There are those who suffer, and it is my job to ease their sufferance. I will be their catharsis-- allow me to be yours, as well. Let me be your shield. I will not lead our family into oblivion."

Lunafer is claiming Alphaship, as there is no active Alpha of Divine. Ooop oop. If this has to be taken to the ruins, he is prepared. He is also asking Hotaru to open the cove again, and for her to punish him if she sees fit.

"We, the dispelled, travel untrodden."

Divine Intervention

[][]Editted to fix the code, whoops. Sorry for double tags.[][]

Posted 08-07-2017, 10:15 AM |
Cerberus
Rogue Pup
Male, 1.00
Endomorph
[A] 37 in, [A] 130 lbs
37 ep
© chapin.
Most of his day now was spent exploring the Cove and running around with his rabbit. He was as carefree as a pup could be. It wasn't until he heard the familiar sound of a wolf that he'd met a few days before that he stopped in his tracks and listened for where it was coming from. Siting patiently behind where the wolf was giving his speech to, presumably, no one. He wouldn't make a sound, would simply wait for something cool to happen, if anything would happen here at all. His rabbit was content to silently grooming itself. Rabbits were better at keeping quite, Cerberus would eventually discover that they are meant as pray animals, which may have questions that follow as to why one follows him around. But for now bliss, and slight stalking, was all his little mind was focused on.
he's just sitting out in the open waiting for something.

in group threads please do not tag me unless it is my turn

Posted 08-15-2017, 05:28 PM |
Divine
Zinna
Divine Healer
Female, 2.50
Meso-runner
30 in, 92 lbs
91 ep
© Amber

Walking again she was, moving from here to there, collecting, gathering, sorting again the herbs, the greens. Trying hard to enjoy when her mind was upset, really, really upset. The ease she had felt when Hotaru lifted her from the battleground had already faded, giving way to that same worry that clouded her mind and darkened her eyes, there was no spark in her gaze anymore. With all her heart she wanted to go, go and find HER, go and find the one that had found Zinna such a long time ago. One year ago.
She chewed on her daily dose of Saint John's Wort, something to soothe her, but she felt there was no remedy for her anxiety.
And there has been no sign of Song, or anyone else, really. Except for Lunafer and Mystery's children - they were her only comfort, the only thing that helped her from thinking how alone she felt, just like on her journey, that long journey that ended twelve months ago under the same willows that had covered the fight and the murder...
She didn't really mind the quiet that was brought by the absence of others, but... sometimes it was too quiet. There were a couple of times when she even lost the voice of the ocean, that gentle thunder of the crashing waves... and the fireflies were gone. All gone after Mystery's passing; it was like the wise old lady had taken them with her to a better place, where no cruel existed.
But she couldn't bring herself to leave. During the months and months spend in the Cove she had grown devout, attached, to this heaven, she had grown a loyalty to the place and to the goddess that watched over it. It was a pull stronger than anything... even from the pull to go and find her angel.
Oh, but if the gates were to open, how light would she feel! She would stride out immediately and go and search and FIND HER, and she'd bring her back! She knew Lypso'ru loved the Cove and Hotaru, too, and... wouldn't she come back after the former King was gone?
Bhaltair was no longer in the Cove. His scent was no longer around, Zinna hadn't had a whiff of him ever since the battle.
She didn't know what to think of him anymore. When he welcomed her in, she had seen him as a commander, stoic but passionate, devoted to his pack's well being, to his wolves' good fortune. Aloof in his judgement but just and trustworthy... but then he did something that proved him savage. Like Orestes.
Nobody deserved to die. Not like this. In her eyes, killing has always been the worst deed among all, an act so unmerciful that the one doing it indeed deserves no mercy. It was just so... wrong! It was against anything she was ever told, by Lypso'ru, by Mystery, Lunafer, by her father! It was the worst act of cruelty, violence, bloodthirstiness...
She tried not to think about it. Every time she did, she felt her eyes water. She had cried enough. Even more than enough.
...It was again one of the times when silence engulfed the shores and muted the waves and the stones and sands.
But now due to the silence she heard Lunafer talking.
She stopped dead on her tracks, ears perked. She soaked in every word that fell from his mouth, he... her eyes watered as he spoke, and she had an urge to go and tell him, because there was no evil thing in this whole wide world that was his fault, he was too good to be responsible or take responsibility. If there was anyone to blame...
Well, it wasn't really her fault either, but, when you think of it that way it was either nobody's fault or everybody's fault.
He talked to Hotaru. He was braver than she was, he was brave enough to lift head to the sky and pray to the one all Divine were gifted by.
The liquid in her eyes rolled down her cheeks as tears.
Slowly she walked a bit until she found him, chin facing the heavens, talking.
She didn't go to him, she didn't want to interrupt him: in her ears his words were so deep and wise, even wiser than Mystery's. All she wanted now as to listen. Inside she felt she would follow him if he was to be the next King, and, she felt like nobody would object... not that there was anybody here to object him anyway.
Until the Barrier was lifted his kingdom would be scattered, fit for nowhere but their blocked homeland to which they couldn't return.
For now she just stood where she was; out of view; alert and listening, still and waiting.
"."
Lunafer Cerberus

Posted 08-16-2017, 03:50 PM |
Mystery
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 

mystery crystal

rose

"The Wise One"

Slowly the woman would appear in the air not far away from where her pup sat. She would smile down at him, though she knew she would never be able to touch him or hug him again. That made her sad and for a moment, she wished she could cry. Shaking her head, the image of the midnight queen would turn towards Lunafer, a soft smile on her face. "Lunafer, should Hotaru accept it, I know you will make a great Alpha. Just promise me one thing." With that she would turn her head to her pup, knowing that Crystal was probably off fighting with her rabbit companion. "Show my babies how to care for Divine, let them be beside you as you lead the pack." Silver eyes would turn back towards the man. "I will always be around to assist as even in death, this is my home and nothing will take that away from me." With that she would go quiet, lifting her head to the sky as she looked around, wondering if Hotaru was still taking care of her babies for her.

Posted 08-16-2017, 03:52 PM | This post was last modified: 08-16-2017, 03:53 PM by Crystal
Crystal
Rogue Pup
Female, 0.75
Ectomorph
41 in, 101 lbs
17 ep
© Sabrina

Slowly into the area the small wolf moved, calmly and in awe of everything that had been happening. Seeing her brother, she would aim to pounce on him but being as she wasn't very good at it yet, would end up tripping over her own paws and falling head over heels. She would roll right into the man that stood in front of them all should he not move away. Landing upside down on the ground, she smiled up at him, her blond belly bright against her midnight black fur. "Hello there!" She smiled and righted herself, cocking her head to the side. "Why are you asking to be a shield? I wanna be a shield too! I'm scary see!" With that, the tiny ball of fur would snarl and bare her teeth though in the mist of her growl, she accedently sucked in air and ended up in a little coughing fit. Shaking her head, she huffed and sat down, turning her attention to her brother. It was then that she noticed the ghost woman off to the side. She was talking about them! A small smile cross her face as she nodded. "I wanna lead a pack!" She would bound over to her brother, eyes wide. "Cerberus! Don't you wanna lead a pack! That would be amazing." She didn't know what 'lead a pack' was all about but it sounded fun to her and that's all that mattered. All the wile, her beautiful white rabbit followed, keeping close to Crystal with seemingly no worry for its life around the wolves.

"

"The most important thing in the world is family and love."

Lunafer

Posted 08-17-2017, 03:15 PM |
Divine Intervention
GODLY
N/A, 10.75
----
x in, x lbs
Infinite ep
© Divinity
A brilliant white light flashes into existence with only a few stray fireflies left in its wake. There steps the ethereal form of Hotaru, aged from the disparage caused by the Dalmascas and lack of appropriate prayers to emphasize the love and devotion of her subjects. Bitterness imbued across the pale golden brow as she floats to the grass. Weariness crowds the bitterness, a stern scowl as she approached Lunafer.

Where were her other subjects?

None knocked on the door. None flocked to the priest's desire to appeal to her broken heart, aside a single pup she'd spent the months nursing. A frown etches further lines of negativity into the distinct blonde features of the goddess, molten golden eyes sparked with a deep disappointment.

“Lunafer Fayell, my child,” she looms before the priest, those molten eyes bore into the pallid form as they read his soul. “I've heard your apologies, your pleas, and I'm disappointed that you are the only one who feels my sorrow.” No others made effort to appease her wounded heart. They drifted around her home, they bore her amulet, yet none thought to pray to their goddess. Aside for a sole wolf, adorned in the guise of a high priest.

Scorned by the insult of her subjects’ lack of faith, the goddess pulsed with an inner bitterness so deep it shed itself in slow beats of light across The Cove, as if some invisible dome had closed it off. She rose, to the skies then, to spread a flash of deep magenta light that showered across the invisible roof of The Cove. “Those not present are hereby cast from this cove, never to return lest they grovel in proof of their devotion and love; aside from sweet Zinna, who stood with you the first time your laments were heart..” At that moment, all wolves of The Cove, with exception to Lunafer, Zinna, and Mystery's pups, would have their amulets shattered whether they were inside or outside The Cove’s walls and those inside would be scattered across Doutaini.

She knew now that sometimes violence brought peace or that the two - violence and peace - could go hand in hand. Not all situations could be conquered by the simplicity of diplomatic words. At times it would take less pacifistic means and more show of strength; Divine could reign with intentions of kindness but could still rise to the glorious occasions of war when appropriate. There was a balance, she just needed to find it.

And then, she transformed into the delicate image of an alabaster dove and set to alight on Lunafer’s shoulder.

Ruffled feathers smoothed as she settled on her high priest’s shoulder, tiny head bobbing forward as her beak clicked open to speak directly into Lunafer’s ear. “Do not fail me Lunafer. Find those just and fair, with sound minds. The little ones will need watchful eyes and strong protectors. Bring them to me, make The Cove a holy and righteous place again.” She wanted The Cove to be a cornerstone of peace within Doutaini - a lightness to balance the dark tides that ran through the hearts of Doutaini's wolves; although, peace did not come without violence at all times, and this she understood now. Thus, she crowned the pallid priest and unfurled her wings to glide off into the distance.

Hotaru would be watching.
image © ellie

Hotaru has disbanded the remainder of the Divine Pack with the exception of: Lunafer, Zinna, & Mystery's pups. No one banished may rejoin the pack unless they do not join another pack and show Hotaru their love and devotion through whatever means they see fit. Everyone who was once part of Divine has been scattered across Doutaini.Lunafer is now sole alpha of Divine and has been given the task of inviting those that are just and fair and sound of mind. The Cove is still not open completely and only Divine wolves may enter or exit The Cove at this time.

Posted 08-18-2017, 01:04 PM |
Divine
Lunafer
Divine Alpha
Intersex, 5.50
Meso-runner
35.00 in in, 114.00 lbs lbs
355 ep
© Sylvirr

Oh,Zinna. Dear, sweet Zinna, who had not faultered at all. A warm smile spread across his lips, and he opened his mouth to speak-- before Crystal bounced forward, and for the first time in a while, a real, true laugh bubbled up from his chest and he watched both her and Cerberus with a fondness reserved only for those pure and untouched. Mystery's spirit flickered to life, and he watched her with both a note of sorrow and determination, and he bowed his head briefly,"..Thank you, Mystery. I can only hope." He stated softly, before shifting to gesture for Zinna to come alongside him. He rested his head against her shoulder, a brief moment of comfort to share the wight of such a burden,"Thank you, Zinna.." and while his words were soft and calm, they were laced with full sincerity. But then, even as he moved to continue, she appeared. Hotaru, divine in her light and yet aged, weighed by the horrors of the world, appeared before them. Her pain resonanted within him, and he ached for her-- her bitterness, her weariness, her exhaustion. But he wished to quell this, to bring a smile back to the face of the once-child goddess.

She spoke, and laid upon him her thoughts and desires and hopes, and he lowered his head for a moment in a brief bow before lifting it to meet the Goddess' gaze, just to see her flit into the pallid dove that settled upon his shoulder, tiny beak whispering her words to him. And he was filled with deTEMMIEnation determination.

"I will not fail you." he promised, just as she vanished.
He knew then, exactly what he must do.

"We, the dispelled, travel untrodden."

Zinna Crystal Cerberus

Posted 08-18-2017, 04:52 PM |
Divine
Zinna
Divine Healer
Female, 2.50
Meso-runner
30 in, 92 lbs
91 ep
© Amber

She walked out from the corner, took these few steps, to... her eyes widened. No...can it be?
There was Lunafer, there was her angel. She saw little Crystal bounce toward him, and then he laughed: oh that sound so DIVINE, she... Zinna hasn't actually heard him laugh before!
But still this was not the thing that made her wonder if she was asleep or awake.
A few steps away was her. Or, at least, it looked like her. Could it be?
Lunafer must've seen her peek around the boulder: he gestured to her to come, and him acknowledging her made her feel lighter, and she came. The white star rested his head on her shoulder, and she bowed her head, her temple close to his white chest.
"I will follow you, you and Hotaru, to the end." she whispered, those words she wanted to say ever since she saw him at the Willows, but only now she felt hundred percent truthful to them, to this promise of hers.
The old red wolf sat at the exit of his cave; nighttime it was again, and the stars shone in the sky. He looked up and saw his ancestors, all the tales he was told and those he had already told to his daughter, who was probably now asleep. Or at least, he thought she was asleep. A few moments later he felt fur brush his, and he looked down upon the youth, his legacy, whose temple was now pressed against his leg (for she was too little for her forehead to reach his shoulder). She didn't move, nor said anything; and for a few moments he didn't move either. Then there was a little 'splat', for a teardrop had fallen on the stone floor, splashing loudly in the dark silence. He felt tears in his own eyes, too, so he bowed his head to her's level, his muzzle gently brushing Zinna's cheeks. "Hush, little one, because there is no thing for you to fear or grieve while I am at your side." he whispered, now laying down so his pup could snuggle between his big front paws. "I know." she then whispered, sniffing. Her baby eyes looked at his own brown, then she turned to look at the stars. And he looked at the stars, too.
"Thank you, Zinna." he said, honest and calm as always. And his words calmed her, too, and as he moved to continue she braced herself to look at the black figure that she was so afraid to-
But then a fammiliar light appeared, softer and brighter than the sun, as the Divine goddess came to answer Lunafer.
Lunafer Fayell. He had a family name!
Well, of course he had. Everyone had. She had, but, somehow she never asked anybody for theirs...
She felt tears form at the corners of her eyes; at any other time they would freely rush down her cheeks, but nowadays she felt done crying. The pure starlight was sadder than they all were, Zinna knew that, but somehow now she understood it better: seeing her again, hearing her voice again...
Zinna was just wonderstruck, out of words, and, just didn't know what to think or do; like every single time her goddess descended from the sky. The gentle white dove landed on white shoulders, the holy standing upon the new King of the Firefly Cove: and Zinna knew he was wiser, much, much more understanding, trustworthy, just and loyal than anyone (except maybe Lypso'ru), and nobody could fulfill the role better than him now.
And so he promised, star to star, and Zinna knew his promise would be kept. The dove vanished, but it would never go away; Hotaru will always be watching over he Pack.
For a few moments she just stood there, then turned, slowly, carefully. It... it was her.
"Mystery." she whispered, taking a sharp breath. Tears again filled her eyes, and this time she let them loose. She dared not move, for the wolfess before her felt like a mirage, and Zinna was afraid she would disappear again.
She... she had thought she would never see her again, and she found comfort in seeing her two pups. And... was she really here again, not just in her imagination?

"."
Lunafer Cerberus Mystery Crystal

Posted 08-19-2017, 04:11 PM |
Cerberus
Rogue Pup
Male, 1.00
Endomorph
[A] 37 in, [A] 130 lbs
37 ep
© chapin.
He would huff his breath at Crystal; she didn't seem to understand yet that leading wasn't fun. It seemed like it would be hard, super hard actually. He wasn't sure if he would want to lead, ever. “It would be hard, not amazing! The Cove was closed a 'cause of a leader, what if we lead wrong and H - Hotaru is upset more?” Hd didn't ever want to be the reason that the cover was sealed from the world. Cerberus didn't know the old leader who let this happen before, but he was sure that there was guilt. There had to be, you can't just be angry with yourself for causing an immortal pain. In his uncertainty Hotaru appears, his eyes widen and tail wags. In the moment of seeing, hearing, his Goddess he knew that he too would do anything for her happiness. He wanted to be her shield as well. Cerberus was filled with a desire to do better for the Divine Goddess as well. He would keep all of this to himself, sadly.

As Hotaru finishes her statements his ears lower at all those who failed her. “How could they?” They just abandoned their Goddessin her darkest times, he would step a hint closer: “I'll never leave you Hotaru!” NEVER. The boys pratically yells at the Goddess, finding her name a lot easier to roll off the tongue this time. He knew so little, and was sure of even less, but this much he knew was absolutly certain. Divine would always be his home. As she transformed and spoke to Lunafer alone his ears slicked back, wanting to know what was said. And just as quick as she came, she flew off. A silent though of his would attempt to chase after her, "i love you."

Mystery
“”

in group threads please do not tag me unless it is my turn