pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Autumn Icon © UnoleSpirit
Current Layout Image © Dee & Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Only thing I couldn't do, is fail for you [Plot]
Posted 07-30-2017, 01:27 PM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi

Was it over?

The smoke still hung heavy over the mountainside, stretching across the entire Northeast. She couldn't see the canyons from here, couldn't see any trace of lava. It had been hours since the ground last shook or rumbled (like the thunder Bjorn was so afraid of - if he'd stayed any longer, he might have ended up fearing the Ridge just as much as the Valley). She looked up with hope in her tired eyes, from her resting spot by the river in the Ruins. She could go home now... Things would go back to normal. They could all rest and heal. They'd have each other.

She padded slowly along the riverbed, tentatively testing her paws on the rock at the edge of Rebel's territory. It was still warm. She could hear the nearby hissing of water turning to steam - just the hot springs that she used to relax in; nothing concerning. The river flowed underground here; she wouldn't be able to follow it further. She'd have to climb.

The slopes were promising. The cool air from the south kept the temperature of the rock down. Any lava that had made it this far had long since hardened into black porous formations, like soot and sea foam scorched into the mountainside. The trees were blackened, some still smouldering, but Kerri knew they would do so for days after a fire went out. There was no sign of danger.

"I- I think it's safe," she whispered, a small smile gracing her face. "It's over," she breathed, relieved.

Her body had been hunkered close to the ground, treading carefully with as light a step as she could muster so as not to disturb anything - but she was convinced now that it would all be okay. She hastened to a trot, eager to find her den and return home.

But it was not over.

It happened before she even knew. Her toes slipped into an invisible crevice, foot sliding deep into its vice-like grip. She immediately tried to pull away, her momentum still carrying her forwards - but the force on her worn-down joints was too much. Her hip dislocated from its socket, the pain bringing her down like a sleeping dart on a bull. The moment her cheek hit the ground beneath, there was terror in her eyes. The ground wasn't cool at all. It was still hot as all hell. Her calloused paws had glided right over it with no problem, but now she knew. She could feel the fire beneath, rising up.

The ground was going to swallow her whole. Her heart galloped wildly, eyes wide in fear, nostrils flaring - a deer in the headlights, frozen and trapped. The rock split beneath her, releasing a column of hot air. Her front paws scrambled for a moment - maybe she could pull herself out in time! - but her upper body strength could not overcome the speed with which the fissure came for her. "No, no! I don't want to die," she begged, her body trembling. Everything else was bullshit. She wasn't ready to die. Not like this.

Her body slipped from view, swallowed up into the rock- but although she was enveloped by an intense heat, she could not feel the burning of flesh, the singeing of hair, the paralyzing agony of being swallowed by lava. Her three good legs had landed her - unsteadily - on a jagged ledge just below the surface, where the crack hadn't quite opened up as far yet. "No, pl- please, help, anyone, help!" she cried out, in utter despair. The surface was unstable, ready to give way and continue cleaving apart the two halves of rock at any minute - she wouldn't let them risk their lives to save her - but if she could just see them, just one more time...

She whimpered softly, looking up to the smoke-filled skies above. Waiting for someone to come...

This is for Valerian ONLY for now. bc I promised. ;o It'll open up after 1-2 posts.
(Yes, I'm serious. Pleaseplease let this develop organically, it's only for the first couple of posts. <3)

Posted 08-04-2017, 11:16 AM |
Kiwi
Site Helper
Female, 22.25
----
Toll in, Smol lbs
I'm releasing an ep
© Kiwi
Bumping for Valerian, gonna give it another few days but then will just open it up. <3

Posted 08-05-2017, 07:11 AM |
Rebel
Valerian
Rebel Warrior
Male, 2.50
Mesomorph
35 in in, 120 lbs lbs
41 ep
© Xechi
come on, it's time for something biblical!

His home was ruined. It felt like a personal slight, as though Akako called his river of fire and destruction because of Valerian. Sure, the man had cursed the god's very name, but what pathetic creature of omnipotence felt compelled by the protests of mortals? 'There!' he wanted to shout to the world, 'There is your proof of their incompetence! Don't be fooled by them any longer!' But the aftermath of destruction was met with... silence. Well, silence filled with the whimpers of terrified children, and the groans of those burned to an inch of their life. Though fury was held in, he hoped, all their hearts- now was not the time to start a divine war. Rebel needed to heal, first, and regather. In the heat of it all, he'd lost track of Charlotte, but he knew Rykerri remained close by, and therefore- so did he.

Albeit at a distance.

He'd avoided the igneous rock like it was a blight (it was), keeping, mostly, to the still standing cliffs. From these perches, the brute could keep his hawk eyes on the Ridge, and the few wolves that still lingered. It is from there that he saw the rebel matriarch exit her den. Acidic eyes blink before he rises with a huff and begins to make his way towards her. It was time they talked about pulling Rebel back together. The pair may have had their differences (she, a slave to the gods she respected, he, a heathen to the bone) and Valerian would never forgive the slight she'd paid him that day on Wind's borders; but she was Rebel still. Like Charlotte, Rykerri was one of the few consistencies in his empty life. If he could not like her, he would love her like a fellow Rebel. It wasn't as though she was long for the world.

Dark thoughts that precede moments of horror. He was nearly to the ground when he cries echo the Ridge. For a second, he is stopped dead, brows furrowing in confusion, and then, conflict. A war of morality begins to wage in his rapidly beating heart, but he is already moving before he can decide. With rebel swiftness, he cross onto the igneous rock, eyes growing wide with horror at the scene the unveiled. "Rykerri! he shouts, already foregoing self-preservation as lept forward. Part of him wanted to live her there, watch her devoured by irony. ('Look what your gods do, Rykerri. Look what they've done!') But it is not enough to sever the bonds made, and though Rykerri had condemned him to be the villain- he wouldn't be today. Without fear, he races across the cracking earth, feeling the rush of air against his fur and knowing it melted, not from the pain, but from the smell. He does not care. Valerian was already a monster.

The brute straddles a crack that is eagerly spreading, and, in the last lap, he would leap forward, jaws outstretched to attempt to grab hold of Rykerri's scruff. The earth beneath his paws begins to buckle under his heavy weight, but still he remains, trying to drag her from the demise.

Rykerri
ooc: sorry for the wait, I had a hard time deciding how he would react xD then realized Val was gunna do Val and I needed to just write and he'd figure it out lol <3

Posted 08-05-2017, 01:31 PM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi

She heard claws clattering on the rock, approaching - thank the gods; someone was still here, someone could help her! The call was muffled by the sounds of rock shifting and magma searing, but it was definitely someone calling her name; it was... Valerian. Her heart leapt into her chest in a moment of fear once more. What if he left, out of spite? All she could think of was how much he hated her. That he wouldn't afford her any mercy; that he'd leave her there to die.

Her fears were assuaged as she noticed him come closer - but immediately her eyes widened as she realised what he was doing. "No-" she exclaimed in half a breath, just before she felt his teeth close around part of her scruff. She instinctively pushed up with her legs to try to meet him, but the shift was too much for the ground to take. The split was further rent apart, Kerri's paws slipping suddenly as she struggled for footing - her scruff torn sharply away from Valerian's small hold, her dry hairs slipping out between his teeth. He may have been full grown now, he may have been strong, but a wolf's jaws were not made for lifting someone out of a hole.

The moment she was steady again (legs now pressed to either side of the chasm, at a part where it narrowed enough to keep her from slipping to the bottom), she shouted up to Valerian. "Don't- get back, stay back, Valerian! You can't risk your life. I won't let you." It was true - if he came for her again, she had ways of stopping him. She'd make sure he lived through this. But she wouldn't pretend she was simply being selfless. "I think it's too late," she murmured in a half-whimper. She had fallen down too low. Out of reach.

"Please, call- call for help, let me say goodbye," she begged him. His voice would travel further than her tired, desperate cries. Let me say goodbye.

Valerian

Posted 08-10-2017, 05:20 AM |
Rebel
Valerian
Rebel Warrior
Male, 2.50
Mesomorph
35 in in, 120 lbs lbs
41 ep
© Xechi
come on, it's time for something biblical!

He is a beast of action, and her hurried pleas and warnings rang upon deaf ears. The heat begins to sear his forepaws as his clamping jaws meet her flesh. Immediately, he tries to pull her fragile, aged body from the fire trap, but the earth had other plans. The crack widens, and the matriarch woman is ripped from his grip. Though he can't feel the heat, he does feel his right forelimb dip between the crevice, and can smell his flesh cooking alongside Rykerri's. With a frustrated roar the brute leaps away from the danger, auds flipped against his skull as she commanded him to stay back. "But-!" he begins, but immediately stops as his acidic eyes clench shut. She was right. Even if Valerian didn't feel pain, he was still very much mortal. Already he risked infection and nerve damage (particularly to his right forepaw, the lower half of which was burned to the bubbling fat).

His tail tucks in defeat as his grizzly maw reaches skyward, a howl belting forth with urgency. He called for all of Rebel, for Charlotte, even for Bjorn and Claymore- should they have been near enough to hear. He'd wasted precious moments in his stupidity, and now, what if his ugly face was the last thing she saw? He calls again, this time even louder, more desperate, tinged with, not fear, but regret.

Maybe it would have been better if he hadn't found her. But here he was, the first witness to the blessed woman's ironic death. With a grunt he pads closer, staying on solid ground, his eyes plastered to hers in some sick need to see this through to the end. "They'll come." He says, voice gruff, unforgiving, lacking the horror that was building within his belly. "I'll stay, I won't... abandon you." 'Like you abandoned me. Like they all do, in the end.'

Rykerri Charlotte Bjorn Roswell Claymore

Posted 08-10-2017, 11:33 AM |
Rebel
Roswell
Rebel Wolf
Male, 2.50
Endomorph
37 in, 140 lbs
149 ep
© Apax
I'd bring Roswell but he'd probably jump down into that hole with Rykerri to attempt to shove her out/literally give his life for her but I know thats not what Kiwi wants so he wont be attending. thanks for the tag though!

Posted 08-10-2017, 11:50 AM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi
[Just to confirm this is now open for anyone <3 Kerri is inside a crack that's opened up, straddling the two walls - probably about 2 feet below the surface]

Posted 08-10-2017, 12:49 PM |
Rebel
Bjorn
Rebel Warrior
Male, 2.75
Meso-fighter
35 in, 129 lbs
62 ep
© Jorrvaskr
bjorn won't be able to come because of the fire and also i already made a thread of his arrival after the akako fury ended. he had no idea kerri died. but thanks for the tag!

re-tag me if i don't reply in 3 days.

Posted 08-10-2017, 03:33 PM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.25
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou
MY DEMONS ARE MY OWN;

She is heavily pregnant, hormonal beyond anything she'd ever felt before, the mere pressure of a rock under her paws was enough to send her spiralling into a full temper tantrum. She'd killed for less. There is a flint of sorrow that tinges those angry eyes as she scours the ridge, heart broken and defiant against those that had left them to burn. But then there is a howl. Urgency ripping through her as she whirls towards the belt of chords she knows too well. Valerian.. "NO!" She flees, paws scrabbling and echoing as she storms across the ridge towards him, don't you dare fucking leave me now! Vim had gone, Bjorn along with him though the boy still lived, if she lost Valerian as well it would be the end of her. Her maw flies upward and she sends back a harsh call, the wind cuts her off but it is long enough to let them know she is coming. and fast. Another bend, another ledge, she throws herself across the ridge until she can hear their heartbeats, two of them. Rykerri... Her heart shatters inside her chest as the last few steps are made, lunges and leaps; they come into view with an agonizing slap to her singed face. "Rykerri!" A whimper and growl and she is there by Valerian's flank, edging forwards, she barely feels the rock burn through her pads again, there is only a numb that overcomes her. She is not so foolish, though all she wants is to cast herself over the side and help her elder to safety. Her heart smashes into her ribcage audibly. "No. we won't let you die, there has to be something!" Wild, emerald eyes turn to the father of her children, her belly is swollen with life, engorged with babes that kick and fight for her to get away from the heat. What life had she brought them into? "I can't do this without you, sister..." and could she have produced tears of despair; she would have.
""

Rykerri
this sucks. ;~;

Charlotte is riddled with scars from head to toe, the right side of her face is bare of fur, and both her ears are in tatters at the tips.

Posted 08-13-2017, 12:08 PM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi

Her eyes began to flood with tears as she smelled Valerian's burnt flesh alongside her own - the amount he was willing to sacrifice for her. Her own paw pads were burnt past the point of being able to feel it; the nerves had been cauterised, and her brain was shutting down from the heat. She felt like she was being cooked alive. It was suffocating to breathe in this heat - but it was air nonetheless, and some part of her believed she had truly been born in fire - so, to fire she must return.

Valerian leaned close, and she looked up to him, holding on tight to the image of his face. As long as she could still see him, she'd be alright; as long as she could see him, she knew she was alive. "It'll be alright," she insisted, her voice oddly soothing for once. "Thank you, Valerian," she said softly.

Charlotte's howl barely reached her, down here - but she heard it, and her eyes welled up with tears. She attempted a smile towards Valerian - Charlotte was coming, it'd be okay.

Charlotte's face popped over the edge, and Rykerri was filled with a sense of relief... and finality. Charlotte, of course, was desperate to save her - Rykerri shook her head slightly, trying not to move too much. (Her limbs were aching from holding herself in this position, precariously balanced atop death's gaping jaws.) She couldn't see Charlotte's pregnant belly from here. "It- it's okay, Charlotte," she insisted. "We always knew this was coming, I- I'm just glad I get to say goodbye."

The tears streamed, as much to protect from the heat as anything. The end didn't feel so bad with Charlotte by her side. She knew the rest of the pack were far away from here; it was best they didn't see this, anyway. "It's time, Charlotte," she whispered. Even if she could teleport out, her body was spent - she wouldn't wake up again. If this was Akako's final plan for her... then let it be played out in full. Let her be returned to the flames. Perhaps her death could quench them.

Valerian Charlotte

Posted 08-16-2017, 10:41 AM |
Storm
Claymore
Storm Wolf
Male, 3.50
Mesomorph
33 in, 123 lbs
260 ep
© KittyKookiez
C L A Y M O R E

At first, Claymore wanted to avoid the Ridge -- to ensure he didn't get hurt, and to make sure Bjorn wasn't there to get hurt as well. Yet every moment spent watching and waiting wracked at his mind, his body, his soul. Bjorn's dad could be dying in there, Charlotte, Rykerri...they could all be dead at this moment and he would be doing nothing but sitting there and waiting to see how many people died.

With metaphoric bags under his eyes, the the mentally shaken man charges into the fray. The ground is hot and singes at his pads and fur. He feels like his paws will melt before he even gets there, and it scares him, it scares the hell out of him. What is to come will be like a great tidal wave compared to what he was enduring now.

He wishes he was a Water wolf or Wind wolf at this time. Storm's powers are useless here. When he finally gets to the crowd, he's all sore paws and curled hairs. Whimpering lowly, the man licks at his pads desperately, until he realizes what everyone's staring at. Rykerri? and he peeks over the edge just a little bit, seeing her perched upon the ledge and then, farther down, the lava that threatens to eat her up. Rykerri! I-- and he looks around, glancing at others as though they could give an idea. Rykerri, no--don't die, we can call an Enigma wolf! They can use telekinesis to help you out. if wolves could cry, perhaps Claymore would be doing that. He knows it is foolish to try and get her out herself, and he doesn't care if she wants to die here! She shouldn't have to die like this, with no one to hold her in her final moments, with out even knowing exactly when the ledge will break underneath her. To burn to death, past Fire-wolf or not...is terrifying. Rykerri, please. We can get you out. You don't have to leave like this...

speech

KittyKookiez OOC Account

There is no need to tag me in any threads I am already in (unless it is my turn to post AND it is a multiple-party thread)!

Adopt one today!
Check out Cadmium and his friends on Dragcave :3

Posted 08-27-2017, 08:12 AM |
Kiwi
Site Helper
Female, 22.25
----
Toll in, Smol lbs
I'm releasing an ep
© Kiwi
Charlotte - Xechi's said it's okay to skip Valerian if need be, so are you able to post so we can kill kerri wrap this up? <3

Posted 10-01-2017, 04:10 PM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.50
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi

Claymore's head popped into view, fuzzy through the smoke and heat-haze. Another friend, to be there by her side. Another body that blocked out the ashen sky, enclosing her within her tomb. His words were bugles, ricocheting from the cold stone walls that were drawing steadily nearer. Her face grew less familiar, her eyes losing focus - there was but a hint of panic piercing through the glazed-lilac as she searched for a response from Charlotte. Just hold on - just let me say goodbye!

Her eyelids slid closed, and her body slipped into the abyss, unconscious from the heat. Her limp body fell upon the magma, which hissed and spluttered as it began to swallow her whole.

They say your life flashes before your eyes when you die. And if Rykerri's life was a storm of heat and flame, then, she supposed, the saying was true. Even as she slipped through the flimsy fingers of consciousness, she clung tight to the names of those she'd loved. First, her family - Bellana, Ezra, Viserys... and when they had all left, she had found the comfort of desire; the flames of her young life. Radomir, Kobrin, Haythem... And she had left her home, and created new life of her own - the six children she'd failed to nurture the way a mother should. And at long last she had returned, and been swallowed by all things great and terrible - the most wonderful love of her life. A flame put out too soon. Noxaeterna. Her eternal night, and her guide in the darkness, who had brought her into the home she never thought she'd have. Where she had loved Charlotte, and Valerian, and Bjorn, Roswell, Claymore... The next generations, ready to enact their own legacies.

She imagined her eyes opening one last time (but she was far, far from this world) - to see them standing there, every one. It is good to see you again. It was not good to die in such circumstances, she thought. But at least they were here with her, at the very end.

At least she didn't have to die... alone.