pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © KennaLeeStratton
Current Layout Image © Renee
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
i held my breath
Posted 07-24-2017, 12:29 AM |
Storm (Site Helper)
Seacca
Storm Alpha
Female, 5.50
Ectomorph
35 in, 83 lbs
464 ep
© sea
THE SOUND OF IRON SHOCKS IS STUCK IN MY HEAD

eyes cast to the west; everyone watches it, the way the smoke rises and drowns out the sun. at night the red hot lights seep into the skyline. she can't pretend to understand it -- a part of her wonders if the vengeful god jiro somehow needs to stir up the strings from above. everyone races to help or to simply watch -- the sick crows lie dormant among the idle sidelines. the seams of the world rupture beneath the simple flick of the divine. they are helpless, lost beneath its unruly power. she goes far east to look the other direction. they'd always said to look away from the conflict and toward the back end of things, where the violence brews and is risen from the ground up. paws trace the damaged winter drawn grounds and bursting topsoil until the clouds of ash and death give out and falter beneath the sun. the warmth is something she'd not thought she'd enjoy so much. rays of light ignite her back and set a silver flare across the many scars hidden there. she recovers even now from a fight she'd had recently, her right forearm still scabbing over from the deeply set teeth that sought for her tendons. the sea breeze is the first to hit her over the peering edge of the blurred horizon. blue stretches on forever in the frenzied display of chopping and assaulting waves. she creeps up to the edge of the rocky cliffs, peering down as the lapping water lashes up and towards her. the sea is particularly riled today, violent black depths churning in angry residue.

Ant

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-24-2017, 05:24 AM |
Water
Ant
Water Scout
Male, 5.00
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
96 ep
© 5.00
Don't follow me into the valley of darkness...

He moves away from it, the thick cloud of smoke that aligns itself well with the horizon, the stain on the rebels that he both appreciates and disagrees with altogether. The shore travels upstream and he trickles along its' borders with educated smoothness, for a beast of such proportions it is obvious he is skilled in navigating such sandy surfaces, no matter the depth to which each paw sinks, he moves on unhindered. There is a slope to the earth and he turns west to travel the border between the cemetery and the lightning valley, a home he once gave his entirety to, but gave nothing back in return. He had begun to love, begun to understand what true loyalty was, until she died and the carpet was ripped out from under him forever. True happiness had always evaded him, obscure enough to rest at the tips of his fingers, just out of grasp. He had given up completely in finding such a thing, it was a fools game. He works his way from there, through the mountain ridges and slopes as they ascend into the clouds, there is a faint layer of smoke and soot but he can manage his breathing just fine beneath its' layer. The rebel mountains still burned and he wondered what was in store for them after it finished, would it? Or would the Gods damn them to hell and burn it all over again, time and time again until the beasts that called the mountain home finally understood they were not wanted, or needed, in Doutaini.

The summit curves beneath his paws before he realizes and he submits to the pressure up here, on top of the world, it was a different sort of sanctuary than the cerulean. It is a shock to see another up here, her face upturned so the sun caught all sorts of slivers in her pelt, it was a face unlikely to leave his mind any time soon. "Now that, is a face I am happy to see," he says, a deep and husky tone that fits softly to the curve of his lips as he smiles at her. "Seacca," his ears lilt as he moves towards her, broad shoulders slanting as each step thunders. The sapphire pendant vibrates against his chest as he moves, her own yellow and a startling display against her ebon fur. Gods, was he glad to see her.

"."
Seacca sorry for nonsense post<3

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-29-2017, 06:44 PM |
Storm (Site Helper)
Seacca
Storm Alpha
Female, 5.50
Ectomorph
35 in, 83 lbs
464 ep
© sea

a certain stain writhes and lives across the hallowed rocks of the dread peaks. vanity killed the man of the sea, struck him down by the very waves he'd trusted. there is romance to the way the world grows and contracts in that blue expanse. to know and touch and see every aspect of the horizon bleeds its way into those incomprehensible desires. dire chills crawl upon her skin, reminding her of the impending landscape that peers over her shoulder. there is divinity in the moments she embraces with the opposite direction of her life and crumbling foundations. but the edge of the cliff provides only a window, it is still a tether of those mortals upon that most contested soil.

she hears him before she sees him. there is such little concern for threats about her stance that she may seem entirely fearless. it is rather passages of loss and guilt and division that have casted that flawed apathy. it is times like these when she wonders why the great figures above would watch this failed husk of a servant and grant her immense powers, those rivaling the dance of fate. there is a quiet melancholia about her figure as she pulls her chin over her shoulder. a degree of numbness is tainted across her dark body as she can hardly feel the impulses that reach between her own fingers. her features soften immediately. his is a promise of a greater day and better eras. she faces him fully -- soldier in arms, trusted council. they who carry the mark of a shared ache, one that has never fully healed. her breath is stolen ; perhaps he is a marksmen of hollow lungs, and he has never known it himself. her voice seems so faded these days, so uncertain. it is hardly a tool for how she feels or what she knows. what she manages is a soft smile that pulls at those scarred lips and reels back a degree of hope to her aching soul. ravaged, but not lost. she waits almost no time. perhaps it's too forward of her, the way she rises to her paws and seeks those broad shoulders in careful embrace. but it doesn't feel wrong in any reasonable way. not as the tides of death and suffering embark across the battered ridge beyond them. she is gentle ( like smoke flitting across bare skin ) as she lays her cheek at his neck.

Ant

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-31-2017, 03:42 AM |
Water
Ant
Water Scout
Male, 5.00
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
96 ep
© 5.00
He finds himself wondering what she's been up to, questions flit into his mind just as quickly as her outline had taken him by surprise, he used to find her so interesting- no- he still does. She is the panther of the valley, a woman who had been swept up along with him, and when the dragon had died, they had both come crashing down together. A bond none could dare break, they could have been inseparable if not for life's' many ways to bend a person. Her name fits snug against his lip as he prepares to say it again, but she turns, her face ashen, as she moves towards him automatically. There is a gruff sigh and he swings his arms wide, catching her against his chest desperately. Violet eyes close as he folds her in towards him, a cheek to cheek, before he winds his neck around to hold the back of her own. Words were unnecessary, when bodies spoke so much louder. They are a mush of dark fur, shoulders and limbs, the distinct curve of his neck as he cradles her. He doesn't know what has happened, or if indeed anything has, he had not kept up with her life and he hates himself for it. After what seems like a lifetime, and not long enough all in one; he rocks backwards to look at her. "Seacca?" There is concern that knits his brows, his ears lowering as he tilts his head to search her features, "what is troubling you, darlin'?" he'd listen to her problems all day.

"."
Seacca <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-05-2017, 11:12 PM |
Storm (Site Helper)
Seacca
Storm Alpha
Female, 5.50
Ectomorph
35 in, 83 lbs
464 ep
© sea

what is troubling you, darlin'? the usual. everything, anything, the mismatched pulses that scatter across the bloodied rocks of the north. the rumbling that shatters the eastern shores and the onslaught of vultures that abrades the west. the passage of people across her steady horizons like liquid dissipating into damp soil. the clasping of close souls through fingers of tarnished smoke. the way the world won't stop for her harrowed cries. if only she were svana, the red queen of impenetrable walls and iron hide strength. if only the falsettos of this life could be swept under the forest canopies, as svana so easily portrays. once she bore the proud title of a soldier, a sword for hire ready to strike down every trial. now she hardly knows the maiden she sees in the black water. the panther, the shadow, the queen. she could be anything, conqueror, empress, divine, yet she finds herself so little against him. ( do we ourselves become nothing when there is nothing left to give? ) she's known many she's loved and many she shouldn't have loved and many she should have loved more and many she never had the chance to love -- she can't possibly know where in this spiraling puzzle he fits. the entrancing enigma flutters across her dashed lashes for mere moments before she casts it aside. there need not be an explanation. there need not be a box for these heartbeats to fit in. there need only be the way he sees her now and forever, and the truths caught between their slipping breaths. she looks down, truth caught on that perpetual torment of pressure. "i'm just.... glad to see you too." skull rises to meet him. lock and key poise to set free that whirlwind which lies behind her mask. she diffuses that concern, pushes it away as though it were a looming cloud. she leans back into him, an easier dance of heavy shoulders from friend to friend. perhaps more, the serpent of possibilities taunts her. a careful sigh is released. she should speak to him -- she can speak to him, and she knows it by every stance she takes. she could profess those innermost horrors and whisper lines of chaos to him for days, but hesitance keeps her tongue. something stops her, be it those childish feelings of shoving away the rain for another day, or something deeper. "tell me about water," she implores, seeking a quiet escape to grab hold of.

Ant

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-14-2017, 06:19 PM |
Water
Ant
Water Scout
Male, 5.00
Endomorph
38 in, 140 lbs
96 ep
© 5.00
It is obvious there is trouble rumbling behind those icy orbs, within the dark skull that holds both beauty and power. It makes him unsteady, that something could be nagging at her so deeply that she must avoid it all together. His teeth grit as she leans back into him, his chin tucking to rest against the smooth curve of her skull, a protective hold that he would enforce shall anything harm her. He was not an aggressive wolf, those times had long passed but now and then he still craved the bloodshed from his youth, he only needed the gentle push of a friend in danger to return to his acts of violence. "Water," he muses, a small lift of the corner of his lips given as he settles in against her for the story, though deep in his mind all he can think about is her. "Water is nice, I guess. Not really a home, more a place to seek solitude and serenity. Keston is a good king, fair and wise beyond his youth, he surprises the best of us." Though of course, after meeting Riot; Ant knew that Keston's blood ran royal. It was instinctual, but the leonine king still had to act on it. "The powers are interesting, though I've made no effort to practice really. I am not as strong as I once was, I'll admit that freely." He chuckles, a deep thundering laugh that would vibrate against her, "I suppose even the strongest can crumble when they are alone." It is a pointed statement that he prods at her, leaning back so he may look into those eyes for any sort of reaction; "Storm?" and perhaps it is the gateway to open up that, which really torments her.

"."
Seacca I'm sorry this took me so long x.x I want to finish it though.

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-08-2017, 02:40 PM |
Storm (Site Helper)
Seacca
Storm Alpha
Female, 5.50
Ectomorph
35 in, 83 lbs
464 ep
© sea

the tide could be among their paws and entwining with their feet, a vacuum perhaps unseen and unheard. and yet the tug of adventure, the tug of immortal bounds grips back with that unseen push. his voice becomes a soundtrack to be played and explored, the sweet melodies of blending pianos and ensuing violins keeping tempo. but there's something about this piece that stops her from completely detaching. a solemnity that hangs over them like an admitted falsehood. its like the world has been laid bare, but it hardly matters. no amount of melancholy can purge the closeness of his skin or the warmth he exudes. his tale is a driving force beyond the mind's reign. it is a similar vein that holds the panther captive in regards to kei's paradise by the sea. it is purgatory and yet haven, a world far removed from the intricacies of this one. she's met keston once amid the fires of the pit and a second time in her own valley. she'd hardly noted his youth, though it weighs now like a strangely blaring afterthought. back in the days of their introduction to this world, she and svana were but kids. svana, charging out to the world and waving the castle's keys. she, that fated shadow, placing a bet on the deserted empire. amusement shades over her glacial palace. she leans back slightly in conjunction with him, those eternal eyes seeing every loss and gain, every pulse and fade. she offers him a weak smile. "there is wisdom in running with the pack." she leaves the assumptions therein unspoken, internally convinced that he doesn't know the full capacity of the strength she's built with her lost time. "storm's hardly changed. different faces come and go. the only constants are family and haya herself." perhaps it is with solemnity that she accepts this out loud, but it doesn't dull that masked expression. she grows more serious with a distant glance to the outlands and the crashing world below. "it's like a darkness that holds inside. it's cynicism and anger and it's... uncontrollable." control, every aspect of that stormcloud that pulls her along and takes the reigns. there is terror and obsolescence in it and in every corridor that guides her. to reach beyond every capability -- but surely ant must think she is strange, unhinged. surely.

Ant

[ Reply ]