pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © KennaLeeStratton
Current Layout Image © Renee
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome [plot] a world of dragon flames
Posted 07-22-2017, 05:43 PM |
Oleander
Rogue
Male, 2.50
Endomorph
34 in, 136 lbs
ep
© PuffyPiff

There was a wall of silence that suddenly fell upon the mossy walls of Aitou’s pass. The animals seemed to have gone into hiding, flocking to their dens or even farther away to avoid the heart shattering wrath of the fire demi-god, Akako. The earth exhaled a plume of dark toxic smoke, encompassing the sky in a curtain of gloom that could be seen for miles. The chaos that shook Mountain Lion Ridge also seemed to have affected the pass. There was an unforgiving heat that tainted the air and made it even more taxing to breathe. The pools of water one could find in the walls to refresh themselves were now steaming and hot to the tongue, completely undrinkable. It should have been a sign to turn tail and find another way through to the Willows but Oleander was an obstinate man, unhindered by the obstacle of some god’s anger towards the wolves of Doutaini.

As feral and untamed as the pandemonium of lava and fire he stalked like a monster in a hunt, his large skull hanging lower to the ground with scarred lips parted ever-so-slightly to taste the toxicity of the hot air. It seemed almost fitting for him to return in a moment of utter disarray, not only had The Legion been in combat days before he’d arrived but now the world was up in flames. The haggard beast burst with laughter. "What have these dumbasses done now," he mused to himself with molten eyes burning with a sick glee. Surely the Rebel wolves had something to do with this misfortune, considering theirs was the territory most affected by the god’s shenanigans.

And as Oleander thought of the Rebel wolves his thoughts gradually turned towards his father and siblings. What had become of them? It had been ages since he’d last seen any of them, considering he’d left without word to anyone and had simply vanished from the face of the earth for his own selfish reasons. His travels had brought him low and high, far and near, to worlds that he had preferred to Doutaini and it’s magical fuckery. He had belonged in those other worlds, as a pit-fighter, an assassin, a one-night lover. He had been worshiped in some cases, regarded as an individual of true merit. So why had he left? He had asked himself that question the same day he’d made the decision to return and he hadn’t stopped. In the back of his mind he knew though, loyalty was engrained in his very core. He could spend years drifting only to come right back around like a boomerang.
"."

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-28-2017, 01:06 PM |
Tusara
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.25
Meso-runner
30 in, 100 lbs
ep
© Aubers
She was not technically of ice any more; no matter how much the pack lingered in her heart. She was not of any where; really... and yet as she wandered and waited for Athos to heal and gather the family once more she started to realize. He wasn't going to. Kearnal wasn't going to. Their family had been broken one too many times; and no amount of glue was going to be able to put it back together. Maybe it was that which had her ducking from her twin's side in the middle of the night and bolting. Running until she no longer knew exactly where she was. She'd never come here before. As dawn rose the walls of the pass started to glow with the rising sun. For just a moment; the world seemed peaceful and calm again. Then there was movement. A shifting under her paws as rocks tumbled and liquid fire started flowing here and there. The air became choked; heated as ash and soot invaded the world. It seemed Mt. Pyralis refused to slumber today. Coughing; she turned and started trying to make her way back towards the entrance to the Pass; back towards lands away from the volcano. It was then she heard him. Saw him. Black and brown and white; with eyes that matched the color of the encroaching magma. What had they done? "Everything and nothing. We were mortal." That was their sin; their curse. There were the religious celebrations skipped and ignored by some; the holy wars; the believe that their view of faith was the only right way. She stopped moving for a moment; vividly bright green eyes oddly calm despite the impending disaster. Maybe the world needed a purge; something to remind them to live. Her paws started to feel hot under her and she moved again; heading directly towards the male. She had no agressive or defensive posture; a sea of calm in the growing heat. Would he leave with her, or would he stay and burn? Would it make any difference to her what his choice was; this stranger?

Oleander

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-02-2017, 10:36 AM |
Oleander
Rogue
Male, 2.50
Endomorph
34 in, 136 lbs
ep
© PuffyPiff

The scrape of her nails on the frying earth gave her position away long before Oleander turned to pay heed to her as she responded to him. The thick of his face grew mildly curious as to her approach and what dare make her so brazen as to approach him. "I think there's more to it than that, frankly." he returned gruffly. "But it makes no difference to me. I'm just looking for family. You wouldn't happen to know Bhaltair, would you? Last I was here he was Alpha of Divine." His throat grew taught and dry with the ascending temperature, his tongue sandy and heavy as he tried to wet his black lips. Albeit, the maiden before him was enough of a distraction to keep his mind off of the heat and his climbing discomfort. "Bit risky for someone like you to be traveling alone, don't you think?" He looked like a bear as he gravitated towards her, a large brawny man who walked with a feral pride. Though he was rather taken by women uninhibited to stay in close proximity to his monstrous form, and so the rough sewn edges that kept him together appeared uncharacteristically softer than normal. There was never anything remarkably inviting about Oleander despite the momentary respite from his usual unpleasant demeanor, he was born of iron and stone after all, a fiery hell hound with blood in his eyes and a grimace almost always fixed his features. There was a resounding groan of gloom and agony that shook Mt. Pyralis as it continued to suffer the same punishment as Moutain Lion Ridge and he made haste to continue his journey, only this time he accompanied the nymph that appeared from the ash and smoke."I'm Oleander." He introduced shortly after. "Who might you be?"

Tusara
"."

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-03-2017, 06:24 PM | This post was last modified: 08-03-2017, 06:25 PM by Tusara
Tusara
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.25
Meso-runner
30 in, 100 lbs
ep
© Aubers
tusara
two halves, forever united

Well; of course there was more to it than that; but that seemed the easiest way to sum it all up. He proceeded to ask about his father and while she hadn't known the mans name something about his scent lingering under the perfume of smoke and ash had her ears perking. Something about it was similar. "Are you legion? I don't know their names but one of the legion became the alpha of the Ice pack. He was dark; grey as soot and darkening into midnight; assisted by a lady of russet and coal and a male that made me think of a honey badger with his blond hair and black mask." They had been there; when her brother Athos lost the crown and her sister Vodka helped the new ice king to his home. It still felt new; fresh and yet had it been a whole season ago already? He moved closer and spoke of risk; ripping her thoughts away from the fight for ice and back to the present as a little thrill snuck along her spine. It was risky; and yet what had playing it safe ever gotten her? She moved to pace along his left side as they continued towards the exit; her paws yearning for the cool of her snow home. A rock tumbling down the side of the pass on her left had her jumping; dodging to her right and unless Oleander moved she'd likely end up bumping her shoulder into his own... though being shorter and lighter in stature it probably wouldn't phase him much. Perhaps it was the surreal setting in which they were in; or her own lingering apathy but oddly enough she didn't feel threatened by him. Sure; he could probably try to smush her like a bug if he wanted but she knew that he knew that and so if they were both aware of their standing why would he have any reason to waste his time and energy proving something she already agreed with? Unless he didn't know she knew; in which case if he turned agressive all she had to do was show him; right? bah; maybe she was overthinking things; maybe it was the heat that had her mind going in circles. "I'm Tusara Thor, but my friends call me 'Sara." Pff. As if she had any friends. More like her family called her that and no one else even remembered she existed. Might as well let the sparks fly and see what burns; right? "If you are legion then my older brother was the one defeated by your kin in the ice challenge." What would he make of that she wondered. Would she now be deemed an enemy? Or would he look upon her with contempt for her family's loss? Curious to find out; she peeked up at him with those emerald eyes of hers.

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-05-2017, 09:57 AM |
Tusara
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.25
Meso-runner
30 in, 100 lbs
ep
© Aubers
Oleander Forgot to tag ^_^

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-07-2017, 05:11 AM |
Oleander
Rogue
Male, 2.50
Endomorph
34 in, 136 lbs
ep
© PuffyPiff

Are you Legion? Had his family really done so much to gain recognition since his absence? It should have come to no surprise that his siblings had more than likely surpassed him in all political campaigns to take Doutaini under their wing, and yet there was still an acrid taste in his mouth, a painful jab in his gut to remind him that although he had tasted many sweet victories away from home, he had done nothing to contribute to the ascendance of his family. "That honey badger is my father." for certain, and the other two must have been siblings from previous litters. "Suppose I'll have to make my way to the Gelid to pay a visit." it was on its way to Firefly Cove after all.
"You're incredibly light, do you eat at all?" his poor attempt at some sort of humor after her small bump into his flank. He'd hardly noticed, barely even missed a step. She wasn't the daintiest woman he'd ever laid eyes on but she did appear petite, but then again who didn't compared to him? The giant hadn't seemed to mind the tumble, merely regarded her with a raised eyebrow and a subtle gleam of mirth in his otherwise brooding eyes. "Very well, 'Sara. It's good to meet you." the information she shared had aggravated the wasps of his mind, they buzzed ferociously as he digested the news, only to regurgitate a mask of pride and envy. "I see, you and yours must have taken that very hard, I don't see the Ice necklace around your neck anymore." he noted as he'd found her bosom and trailed a path back to meet her eyes. "So if the Gelid is no longer your home, where do you stay?" Lacrima Lake must have been the safest bet, or perhaps another pack took them in as refugees to recover from the blow of loss to his own kin.
Tusara
"."

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-05-2017, 08:22 AM |
Tusara
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.25
Meso-runner
30 in, 100 lbs
ep
© Aubers
Well; if it was the Gelid he wanted to visit... she could lead the way. She hadn't been back since her brother had lost and then later her necklace had shattered. Would she even be welcome? His comment about her weight caused a quick grin to pass across her face; glad for the distraction from her downward trending thoughts. "My twin and I were the runts in a litter of six so we've always been a bit on the smaller side though good food and a steady home helped counteract that." Never mind that at the moment she didn't have either. Had they taken it hard? She nodded; her vividly green eyes clouding over a moment as she grew a bit more contemplative. "It wasn't so much the loss of Ice that hit me so hard; it was the way our family scattered afterwards." Elsi had been her closest confidant aside from Tavish and the fact that she and Athos had left without a word of goodbye... it tore at her. She had thought the loss of her mother was hard; the loss of her father was harder... and yet the family had endured through that. The Thors had stuck together until the threads tied to their tails slowly started unravelling. Shaking her head; she gave him a shy smile. "Right now Tavish; that's my twin; and I are roaming... Shifting between the neutral lands not ravaged by the gods anger and; well; drifting." Maybe it was time to settle down once more. Maybe they should find a pack; yet she felt almost gun-shy. As if they did manage to find something worth their loyalty it'd all be ruined again. Her gaze shifted to the walls of the pass and a bit of a flirt grin managed to flicker across her face. "Race ya to the exit?" She might be on the lighter side; but she had a feeling she'd probably be able to surprise him with her speed. Though why she wanted to surprise him (earn his approval?) was beyond her.

ooc: Oleander (next time I make you wait this long feel free to boop me :D I'm gonna get a post up for him in the Gelid within 24 hours if you wanted to kinda wrap this thread up some?)

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-13-2017, 03:12 AM |
Oleander
Rogue
Male, 2.50
Endomorph
34 in, 136 lbs
ep
© PuffyPiff

"If there is one thing I'm sure of, it's that you can never underestimate even the runts of any litter. Sometimes they wield the most success." And recognition, and love, but that wasn't the case in Oleander's tale. He might as well have been a stranger to his family, a ghost long passed and forgotten. "If it's any consolation I drifted far and long from my own family but I came back, I'm sure that yours will too. It might be they need some respite from the loss and you'll all come together rejuvenated and may even take Ice back from my brother if that's what you wish." but was it what he wished? How could someone of The Legion yearn for such a thing when they were meant to be the powerhouse, the lords and ladies, the governing bloodhounds. The heavy lines of his face grew serious once more, the black mask somber as he forgot he was in the presence of the mousy woman. The known success had only managed to reopen old wounds, now festering and pussing with envy and malice. And as his mind took him to the darkest parts of his soul, 'Sara yanked the demon from his cave back into the light of the burning world. "Let's see what you can do." He grinned, always eager for a little friendly competition. Though Tusara would have no trouble outrunning the gargantuan beast, and for once in his life, he'd have no qualms with losing the race.

Tusara okay, super late but i'll reply to the gelid thread next! just wanted to officially wrap it up c:
"."

[ Reply ]