pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © KennaLeeStratton
Current Layout Image © Renee
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
All Welcome fracture
Posted 07-13-2017, 10:14 AM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

BATTERED&BROKEN

there is a damn where my memories once flowed
the seasons have changed in his time here. the river is boasting with life now. he sees green grass along the shoes, feels the mud beneath his paws. he has a moment of remembrance. a kind man he had met here in the winter. his eyes close as he feels the suns warmth on his back. he embraces the spring. the smells it brings as well as the noise. the birds sing songs of cheer but he feels a hollowness at their words. there is no cheer in him. he feels empty. i should feel something.. something should be here. shouldn't it? his mind coos to him, but nothing follows. he has little memory of before this, and perhaps he will lose this moment as well.
he leans down to drink the water. his own hollowness reflecting back at him in the edge of the water. his melancholy was ostensible to the passerby's, be they birds or other creatures.

if i dont reply in 72 hrs, tag the crap outta me <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-13-2017, 10:34 AM |
Wind
Yagrum
Wind Beta
Female, 3.50
Ectomorph
36 in, 86 lbs
69 ep
© sorceror
Domnu
The snow had mostly melted and, at a loss for anything else to do, she had limped her way down the hills and into the wetter lands again. The river was somewhat familiar, she thought, but she was still not entirely sure where she was. Just wandering around as usual, hoping to see something different. For all the things that had changed in her life, that seemed to be a constant. There was always more to see, she supposed, even if there seemed to be no real purpose to her wandering around.
Even if it was her job, now.
Was it? She thought it over while she walked. She'd been thinking a lot more than she was accustomed to, lately. She was a scout, but nobody had told her what she was supposed to be doing, exactly. She assumed it involved traveling around looking at stuff. Or maybe after her slightly pointless mission to the Valley they had decided she wasn't very useful after all. Yagrum guessed she could understand. It was what it was.
All she could do was keep moving forward.

She splashed aimlessly along the shallows at the edge of the river. The stream was too deep for her to swim. She had no idea how to swim, anyway; the desert hadn't afforded many activities for practice. Eventually she would probably come to a shallow spot and walk across, she figured. It wasn't like she was in any rush to go anywhere much.
It wasn't very interesting. The trees were a bit claustrophobic. The birds sang the same songs on repeat. She hummed, tunelessly, along with a warbler, turned a shady corner, and stopped short.
Stranger danger, her brain supplied, out of habit, but instead of letting on that she was immediately off balance, she smiled crookedly.
"Nice day, huh?"
No need to upset random strangers passing by. It would only lead to bad things.

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-13-2017, 12:50 PM |
Hebe
Rogue
Female, 1.50
Ectomorph
38 in, 80 lbs
0 ep
© maud
( i only cry when i make a sound )

" hello! " kindness radiated from her tone, and perhaps a hint of recognition. after all, one of them, she had already met. " yagrum, nice to see you again. " her daily practicing of the once-foreign language had paid off, especially as her memory was, ironically, quite well. she was somewhat ashamed in using the words with such a heavy accents, though she could find her way around embarrassment and now transform it into simple excitement. she felt as if she needed to prove something, perhaps even had a deadline to belong to. she did not feel content with everything or anything, that was clear enough. her eyes fell upon the stranger-still. " who are you? " it was not as if she knew yagrum that well- she simply felt as if the stranger was invading whatever she was trying to do. uncomfortable, it was, definitely. but she didn't really feel as of speaking her thoughts out loud, as her thoughts were already spilling out of her ears in some sort of instinctual exposure. whatever, she supposed.

hover over words for translations

ooc;; v quick n short sorry <3
tags;; Yagrum, Domnu

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-13-2017, 12:59 PM | This post was last modified: 07-13-2017, 01:01 PM by Domnu
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

BATTERED&BROKEN

this land was endlessly filled with life. his head moved to look to the strangers, intrigued by them. they were both around his age, more or less. he could almost smell their wariness as they approached. his body turned to them and his head tilted on its side waiting for the second wolves words to finish. yagrum.. at least now he knew the first one. He nodded to the first wolfs words before addressing the second.
domnu
he give in his name simply. looking at the wolves and waiting for their response. unsure of what other words he could offer. the day was nice. the sun was warm, and he was still utterly confused by this land. perhaps they could offer him more insight. he was learning, but slowly. where was the expert of this place. the story keeper.

Yagrum Hebe

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-13-2017, 03:36 PM |
Wind
Yagrum
Wind Beta
Female, 3.50
Ectomorph
36 in, 86 lbs
69 ep
© sorceror
Hebe
She hadn't noticed a third person, which was slightly alarming - was she really that far up her own ass, these days? - but her immediate, displeased reaction when Hebe popped out of the landscape was mitigated by the fact that it was someone she knew. She jumped slightly, scowled, and then smiled again.
Yagrum did not have many friends. Any friends, really. She had never really connected with anyone in her hometown and the wild lands between there and here hadn't provided many opportunities to mingle. So, on meeting someone twice in a row who didn't appear to dislike her, she assumed that it was reasonable to be pleased to see them. Regardless of the fact that Hebe was a little weird.
Weren't they all, when it came down to it? A cripple, someone whose words were almost unintelligible, and whoever this guy was. She greeted her acquaintance cheerfully, and returned her attention to the stranger.
Domnu.
Alright then.
"Name's Yagrum Bolgram," she commented, to him. "Of Wind. This is Hebe. Are you from around here? You don't seem like it. I can tell you some stuff. Uh, maybe. Also, I don't know, if you're looking for a place to stay I know some people. They'd give you a job."
It had suddenly occurred to her that departing for a couple days and coming back with new recruits might make it look like she wasn't totally useless, despite her failed attempt to gather information on storm. To that end, she sat down on the bank - her butt squished in the mud - and smiled carefully. And tried not to drool.

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-17-2017, 03:41 AM | This post was last modified: 07-17-2017, 03:41 AM by Hebe
Hebe
Rogue
Female, 1.50
Ectomorph
38 in, 80 lbs
0 ep
© maud

she listened quietly, amused at the woman's reaction ( though a bit surprised it was she who had caused it ) whilst a rising suspicion and shivering glances towards the unknown man-thing who had not yet impressed her as much. she noted the absence of a necklace at his throat, which surprised her; she thought all the natives here carried some sort of gem. of course, she did not quite realise that not everyone who spoke the language as their own was a native. she had always assumed english-speakers were from here and that was it. oh well, she supposed it was less than likely he knew at least something about this land. and she didn't like that- he was probably a step further than she. she threw a quick glance at yagrum once he had given his name, not entirely surprised it was only his name ( unless it wasn't his name, or whatever ) and nothing of a "hi, nice to meet you, my name is .." buildup. " nice to meet you, domnu. " she says, almost automatically now that she had learnt how to say this in a proper manner. after looking at him for a while, she realised he looked as lost as she had felt when arriving here ( too ). did something leave him confused? where they not the first to talk to him, today? perhaps she was too suspicious of him ( not that she could help it ). she decided to consider him a friend until he did something to destroy that image of it. he was pretty, though.

she quietly sat there, not quite feeling the need to interrupt yagrum's words ( which mostly consisted of words she did not understand, anyways ) and, besides that, feeling tired all of a sudden. she had slept about two days ago, last time; was she supposed to care about her health, all of a sudden? she considered it for a moment, but got distracted by her automatic health-check of the man. he seemed to be alright ( perhaps not in the head, though- hell would she know if he was crazy ), which slightly bothered her. sure, it was nice and all he seemed to be feeling alright, but she did not like that she had no actual use being present at the conversation. it was nice to talk to yagrum again, but she didn't really feel like she was supposed to. maybe she could tell the wind-woman later ( she still didn't really believe it wasn't yagrum who had caused lavender to begone. not that she minded ), when the man would be .. gone, or something. she realised she wasn't thinking that nicely, and tilts her head only slightly to then nod. to approve of the validity of yagrum's words, or something fancy like that. whatever, she was too dim-witted to think about any of that.

ooc;; sorry this took a while c:
tags;; Yagrum, Domnu

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-17-2017, 11:09 AM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

BATTERED&BROKEN

he listened to yagrum with perked ears. offering her his attention intently. he smirked as she spoke. feeling as though the words were tumbling from her mouth. She intrigued him. Wind. Another element.
how many packs are there?
He did not mean to disregard the rest of her words but he was curious. this elemental title was new to him. so many things were new. he felt a wisp of a memory but it was gone quickly. when would his mind work again? what had happened in the first place.

he noted the job offering. intrigued but more interested in his first question. his words fell flat and he had no though to give up more of himself. what little he knew about himself seemed insignificant. his eyes flashed to the other. Hebe.
nice to meet you
his words are simple and soft spoken, almost delicate and they leave his lips. she was quiet, he could relate. his confusion probably evident to both these wolves. he was lost in all senses of the word.

quarantine

Yagrum Hebe

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-17-2017, 06:54 PM | This post was last modified: 07-17-2017, 06:56 PM by Yagrum
Wind
Yagrum
Wind Beta
Female, 3.50
Ectomorph
36 in, 86 lbs
69 ep
© sorceror
Hebe
The smile on her face was benign for a few minutes, and then forced. Hebe said nothing at all, and only stared back and forth between her and the man. Domnu was only slightly more loquacious. She found herself feeling slightly frustrated; she wasn't used to having to carry a conversation on her own. Other people seemed to be more talkative when she was around, as if the flood of words and ideas from her crooked mouth were worth responding to. These two..
..ugh.
She embarked on the male's question, a bare hint of strained annoyance in the back of her tone.
"Sure, uh, how many packs?"
She hesitated.
"...I'm not really sure. More than five."
Another pause.
"..less than twelve, though. I'm sure."
How could there possibly be more than six or seven, really? She would have run into way more people out in the wilderness if there were. It would be straight overcrowded, instead of, as it actually was, mostly empty. She shifted awkwardly and kept talking, hoping that eventually she would say something that one person or another would seize on as a conversation topic. Instead of forcing her to keep talking about nothing indefinitely.
"Wind is nice, though, uh, it's on a big hill and it's...very windy there. Yeah. It's, uh, north. Northeast of here. More or less."
A good sense of direction wasn't her strong point. And she was sure she was blowing her hamfisted attempt to attract two strangers to her new home, anyway. Who would follow an idiot stranger back to some mystery citadel? Not her. She would have left already.

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-04-2017, 05:54 AM | This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 05:55 AM by Hebe
Hebe
Rogue
Female, 1.50
Ectomorph
38 in, 80 lbs
0 ep
© maud

actually, she was quite enjoying the conversation. not that she brought up a lot but mannerisms; as that was all that she had learnt. properly. " hebe's only met wind- yagrum, and earth wolf. " she noted, nodding slightly to yagrum's direction. she was mentioning midas as the earth wolf, though she now regretted not asking if he knew how many packs there were. he probably didn't, though. she would ask him later on; if she ever saw him again. no. that thought made her sad. therefore, she smiled a bit ( forced, perhaps ) and glanced at the two. she hadn't noticed yagrum's annoyance, though- she just kept quiet, as she preferred.

perhaps she was one to like observing instead of interfering; mostly afraid of mistakes. it was a bad habit, she supposed, but the quiet was so much more than comfort. she was never really that good at doing what others wanted, or soemthing. she merely liked to watch and learn- especially since she did not understand half of the words spoken. expanding her vocabulary .. or whatever she was actually doing. " wind is good. " not that she knew anything about it, or somethung. she was only .. so desperate to be kind that she would tell half-truths without any information to base it upon for the single purpose to be something of a likeable person.

ooc;; sorry this took a loooong while
tags;; Yagrum, Domnu

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-04-2017, 09:07 AM | This post was last modified: 08-04-2017, 09:08 AM by Domnu
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

my mind is a river
dammed by the past
the wind wolf seemed to be as lost as he was. his head cocked as he listened to her. curious to see if she knew anything of this land that was her home. she spoke of wind and e could not help but to chuckle. these wolves were curious and they were easing his cautiousness away. his eyes shifted to the other and he listened. her voice was thick with accent and her words were confusing at first. the both spoke of wind and he felt curious, but not enough to move form here. perhaps later. he could see it later.
what do you know of this place?
his words are soft and the question is directed to both fo them. eager to learn something from this meeting. there is nothing but kindness in his voice.

what is in the wind here.

Yagrum Hebe

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-11-2017, 08:06 AM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior
Yagrum gentle bump

[ Reply ]

Posted 08-11-2017, 10:37 AM |
Wind
Yagrum
Wind Beta
Female, 3.50
Ectomorph
36 in, 86 lbs
69 ep
© sorceror
Hebe Domnu
oop sorry still catching up
She relaxed a bit. Clearly, things were going fine. She still couldn't coax more than a few sentences out of these two, and her own voice was sounding a little louder than was really necessary, but what could she do? This was, clearly, what it was. She cleared her throat and plugged on gamely.
"Uh, yeah. Wind is, uh, wind is good."
Well established.
"Talk about this place? Like, the, uh, the woods here or.."
That must be what he meant.
"Yeah, the woods end eventually. There's some mountains. That's sort of where I live. Also, the river? I'm not sure how far that goes, though. To that giant, uh, water thing that I saw earlier."
The ocean was too big and strange for someone with her limited experience of bodies of water to really think about. Of all the bizarre new experiences she'd been having, that was the only one that had really thrown her for a loop. She would go back someday, but probably not for a long time.
"The ocean?"
Better move on from that one.
"That's pretty much all I know."

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-07-2017, 09:50 PM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

my mind is a river
dammed by the past
he was grateful for what little they had given him. he offered a nod of his head and a soft smile. but he could see that he must go farther is he was to learn any more of this land. he listened to yagrum and smiled.
i shall come visit you some day little wolf.
he moved to the other and offered a shrug. hoping the both could find their place in this confusing world. he looked towards the way yagrum had nodded to. ocean. perhaps. he turned his body to it.
be well you too. i am sure I will see you again.
and with that he turned around and proceed to go. leaving them behind.

what is in the wind here.

[ Reply ]