pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © KennaLeeStratton
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Open Spin-Off Welcome To The Sandpit
Posted 06-18-2017, 11:32 AM | This post was last modified: 06-18-2017, 11:33 AM by Pumpkin
Fire
Pumpkin
Fire Pup
Female, 0.75
Mesomorph
28 (current) 30(a) in, 75 (current) 110(a) lbs
ep
© Aubers
Spin-off / Continuation of this thread: http://doutaini.net/showthread.php?tid=29624

Lyonesse first post please then anyone is welcome ^_^

A southern wind gently blows in the solitude of the abandoned pumpkin patch.

She had been fairly quiet for most of the trip here; speaking up when her paws got tired so that she could be carried or when she was tired of being carried and wanted to walk some more. As the borders approached and the heat from the desert had visible waves in the distance she started to focus a bit more. "Lyonesse will I be denning with you or someone else?" Her stomach had been grumbling off and on for a while now but she didn't want to be a bother. They had crossed the borders now and the heat from the sands felt both heavenly and a bit stifling. It was a weird texture under Pumpkins paws and her limbs slipped and skidded a few times as it rolled under her. No worries; she would learn. She didn't see any meat... no rabbits or deer... of course; it was winter so maybe that was why. Still; you'd think they'd want to be warm too. A shadow caught her attention as a black beetle landed not too far away. She lunged; not wanting it to get spooked before she could get to it only she face planted mere inches from it and it took off; flying away. "Drat, I was gonna eat that." It had been almost a day now since her last meal. At least it was good to know there were bugs she could eat; if she could manage to catch them.

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-19-2017, 04:32 AM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Sub-Alpha
Female, 3.25
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
42 ep
© Lou

In the hour she'd known the pup, she'd fallen in love with her. Sweet, small, and abandoned, supposedly Lyon felt like she could relate. From Willows to Torrid, she'd carry the girl, or slow down her pace to let her walk, and all the while the girl was quiet, no complaints, no rudeness or questions. Though, Lyon wouldn't have minded any of it; how am I supposed to send her to Cerulean? She'd have to avoid getting attached. Soon enough the soft sands of her home welcomed her, paws melt into the golden particles, and Lyon sighs as the dunes tip upwards to allow them a look across the oasis. Over to the left, where chartreuse eyes wander silently, Singer's memorial burns high and bright, multi-coloured flames that lick and curl upwards. The very sight of it brings her almost to tears, but she holds it back for the sake of Pumpkins first day here. "Welcome home," she says, leaning down to bump her muzzle against Pumpkin with a grin, her ears folding. "You're staying with me," she nods, assuring the girl that they would be 'roommates' here, for as long as the child wanted to stay in her care. "I'm glad you chose to come with me," Lyon says softly, "who knows, maybe by summer you'll want to stay.." She chuckles, her tail swaying from side to side but before she can continue into the Torrid; she notices Pumpkin try, and fail, to catch a beetle.

Chartreuse eyes grow wide as she tilts her head at the girl, have you not had proper food? She is all of a sudden vengeful towards these men who had been her guardians, and her ears pin in sequence with that spitfire temper that still boiled beneath her skin, the only difference was now that she was older; she could swallow it down without completely losing control. "Come, I'll take you to our den, I have something for you there and then I'll show you the oasis," and with a breath she gestures over towards the flame, for near it; sits her den, close to her mothers old one, and over the dunes she begins moving slowly. Even from here, some fair few feet away, she can see the turkey that she'd left there only a couple of hours ago, and if Pumpkin sees it, Lyon would nod enthusiastically; all yours, hon. Maybe she could do this mothering thing, yet!

"speech."

tags; Pumpkin Nasiro & Leron ;p

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-23-2017, 08:03 PM |
Fire
Pumpkin
Fire Pup
Female, 0.75
Mesomorph
ep
© Aubers

The Oven heats as the seeds are salted and spiced; roasted at the pumpkin patch.

She would be staying with her. Pumpkin let out a little of the breath she hadn't realized that she'd been holding; relief evident upon her features. Maybe she'd want to stay? It wasn't that she didn't want to stay... rather; it was that Keston and Tennyson had both been kind to her and being the only three wolves she knew here she didn't want to hurt their feelings. That was why she had made the suggestion; because they'd helped her. If she had known the thoughts Lyonesse was having about Gardener she could have dispelled such worries. He'd done his best to give them proper food; but it had been almost two days now since her last meal. They'd taken to travelling for a day and then resting for a day while Gardener got them food. She grinned despite her failure to catch the beetle and as she was told to come she did so. As she gestured Pumpkin looked and as the desert winds stirred the feathers her eyes grew wide even as her movements slowed. With her tail lashing she noticed the nod and taking what she might assume was some sort of hunters prowl (though it was a comical youthful interpretation of such) she stalked closer and then pounced."Gotcha!"

Never mind that it was already dead. It was still warm from the sand and the sun and as she settled into a crouch she started gnawing on the breastbone. She'd seen birds before; but never gotten so close to one and as she took a bite that ended up being mostly feathers several loud noises happened almost simultaneously. There was a fwapping noise as her tongue slapped against her muzzle in an effort to remove the feathers from her teeth; followed by a rather explosive sneeze. Then another. Her muzzle was wrinkled now; puppy fangs exposed as she braced her front paws and butt against the ground in a sitting position. Despite her head shaking the feathers that had gotten wet from her saliva refused to disengage from her face. " 'Nesse (choo) Itffs tacking me (choo) me face!" With her eyes rapidly starting to water and snot starting to form in her nose the abbreviated name Nessy had slipped out without asking if it was okay first. It was clear she was going to need some assistance to rid herself of the allergen that had her sneezing practically every five to ten seconds.

Lyonesse Vaitan Tetra Sentry (tagging a few more people in case they want to pop in and say hi :D )

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-27-2017, 11:14 AM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 5.50
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
455 ep
© Jamie
Vaitan's ear twitched, the sound of distant voices riding to him on the wind. He had just returned to the Torrid with a groundhog in his maw--not exactly a filling meal, but something for the children, perhaps. It still dangled between his jaws as he stared across the dry earth, watching the sand roll past as he searched for the source of the sound. And then he spotted them: Lyonesse's unmistakable form, with a tiny body toddling along behind her. The beast tilted his head just so, curious about this new development in his pack. With a casual shrug, he followed after them, journeying to the Sub-Alpha's den. He approached as the pup--who he noticed was quite young--began to play with the turkey carcass, and subsequently began to sneeze uncontrollably. He blinked, the strode forward with an amused countenance. Vaitan winked at Lyonesse, then dropped the groundhog next to the child and quirked his brow. "Here, this one won't fight back." It was still warm with the remnants of life, limp and bloody, and it would taste delicious. Now the child had a smorgasbord of options. Vaitan grinned faintly, glancing between the young queen and the orange-tinted youth. His tail swished as he lowered his large head toward the girl. "Now, who might this be?" From the child, he expected a name; from Lyonesse, he hoped for an explanation.

ooc. Just a quick one! :)

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-03-2017, 05:43 PM |
Fire
Pumpkin
Fire Pup
Female, 0.75
Mesomorph
ep
© Aubers
Lyonesse just a gentle bump :D

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-03-2017, 06:27 PM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Sub-Alpha
Female, 3.25
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
42 ep
© Lou

And so the duo made their way to her den, tucked neatly away to the side of the Torrid where Lyon could at least enjoy her rest in private, away from the prying eyes of her packmates, a number that was continually dropping below a line considered dire. Pumpkin trots up ahead and Lyonesse smiles as she watches the youth twist and stumble across the dunes, the sands had been a milestone for every pup that grew up here in the desert, she remembers her own stubbly feet tripping her up every time she'd follow singer about. The reverie almost chokes her, and instead she focuses on Pumpkin as the pup attacks the turkey she'd laid out in the sun in early hours of the morning. Instantly she realizes the mistake she'd made, when the girl starts coughing and spluttering, sneezes wrinkling those fine lines of babe. Of course the child wouldn't know how to eat it without choking, but all Lyon could do was chuckle as she moves forward to aid her newest fire wolf- until that is, Vaitan arrives.

A limp groundhog dangles lifelessly from his large snout and he drops it almost elegantly by Pumpkin's side, Lyon would move forward, flanking Vaitan as he looks down at the babe the queen of fire had brought home, it is clear in the way she stands; that she is already protective of the child. "I'm sorry Pumpkin, I forgot to remove its' feathers," and she'd lean down to push the hog forward, try this instead. Vaitan inquires, and Lyonesse, satisfied that the girl would be able to have herself a meal from the offering, turns to him with a crooked smile. "I found her at the willows, along with Keston and another water wolf," she looks back at Pumpkin, hoping the girl would offer her name for the King, before she takes a step back and leans into Vai, a whisper upon those long hairs of his ears; "she'd been abandoned there, dragged from her home and left there to fend for herself." There is a certain anger to her voice, but she made sure to keep quiet enough that only Vaitan would hear her. "She's my responsibility now." And there is no room for argument in her tone, but a finality; she's mine now.

"speech."

tags; Pumpkin sorry!

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-04-2017, 04:56 PM |
Fire
Pumpkin
Fire Pup
Female, 0.75
Mesomorph
ep
© Aubers

A southern wind gently blows in the quiet of the growing pumpkin patch.

In between her sneezing fits the approach of the male was noticed and as she continued to try and remove the feathers from her face she also shifted a bit closer to Nessy. Just in case... though 'Nesse seemed just fine with his arrival. Finally though the majority of the feathers were removed from her face and with their removal so too did her sneezes ease off. "I'm Pumpkin; thanks mister." A grin, another sneeze and then a wag of her tail as she settled down to eat the ground hog; gnawing on the shoulder muscles first as she ate with a gusto. Enough so that she didn't near Nesse's words about Gardener. "Lyonesse warmed me up and helped get my paws unsticked from the ice... What's your name?" Between the warmth of the sands and the sticky quickly growing full feeling she was having from her first decent meal in days Pumpkin found herself relaxing. Relaxing to the point of probably falling asleep; except there was also excitement. She had a new home to explore. She'd made fairly short work of the groundhog and with her belly distended she bobbled over to lean up against Nesse's front legs and gazed up at the male with her harvest colored eyes.

Vaitan Lyonesse

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-06-2017, 02:15 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 5.50
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
455 ep
© Jamie
Vaitan grinned at Lyonesse as she offered her explanation, though his eyes didn't drift from the downy form of the child. He was interested to hear that Keston was in the Willows as well; perhaps he made a habit of recruiting wolves there. Vaitan recalled the handful of times wolves had sat beneath Fire's tree, summoning him via the inexplicable power of his necklace (he was Beta, at that time). While he detested the Kuro Pit for many reasons, Vaitan enjoyed visiting the Willows to a reasonable extent. There was something...mysterious about the circle of ancient trees, as though they contained centuries-old secrets just waiting to be discovered. Unfortunately, Vaitan hadn't had time to recruit lately. Between patrolling the borders, hunting in the absence of assigned hunters, and those rare days when he journeyed to the Caliginous to see his family, the beast was a very busy man. But he was grateful that Lyonesse found the time to answer those calls. He leaned into her whispering words, his grin receding subtly. Another abandoned child? Sometimes Vaitan wondered what fool would reach Doutaini's borders, but drop their pups without exploring the glorious terrain for themselves? Lone children seemed so oddly commonplace in the Pit, particularly. Hearing the protective, almost primal tone in Lyon's voice, Vaitan finally turned to look at her. Amusement glittered in his eyes once more. "Ah," he whispered back, "are you adopting her, then?" If that was the case, Lyonesse really was her mother's daughter.

Vaitan looked down to the rotund child as she strode forward, pressing herself comfortably against Lyonesse's legs. "Pumpkin, is it?" How appropriate; she looked like one now, with those orange eyes and round belly. Vaitan procured a smile; though he wasn't terribly fond of children, they seemed to grow on him since the birth of his own litters. "You're quite welcome. How nice of Lyonesse to bring you home. My name is Vaitan Tzarani. I'm the alpha of Fire, alongside your new guardian." He winked at the child, then cast Lyonesse a wry grin.

[ Reply ]

Posted 07-07-2017, 05:30 AM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Sub-Alpha
Female, 3.25
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
42 ep
© Lou

Vaitan seems pleased and it gives Lyon an obvious relief, though she knew that he would never deny her the maternal instinct that ran so thickly in her veins. "She'll be staying with me, yes," she says, leaning down to lick at Pumpkin's head as the girl rubs her swollen belly against her front legs. Adoption was something else though, and the girl had already expressed her desire to join Keston, though Lyon was convinced she could change the girls' mind. Perhaps once Pumpkin knew she could visit the water king, that Lyon would gladly take her there, the child's ideas would change. Vaitan introduces himself and Lyon waits patiently, a smile curling her dark lips as emerald eyes glance down at Pumpkin proudly, the girl would do well here- she was sure of it. "Well, you're belly is full," she notes, and eyes that twinkle with amusement lift to Vaitan; "shall we go get her a necklace?" Now that, surely; she'd be excited for.
"speech."

tags; Pumpkin <3

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-07-2017, 04:54 PM |
Fire
Pumpkin
Fire Pup
Female, 0.75
Mesomorph
ep
© Aubers
(OMG I just realized I let this thread die. O.O Might as well wrap it up officially; not sure if you two need 1 more post each to get points?)

Vaitan Tzarani. It had a nice ring to it as she considered. Did she have a second name? None came to mind and as Lyonesse mentioned a necklace her sleepiness warred with interest. "I get to have one too? Thanks! But... can we go sleep after?" Her voice was hesitant on the last park; meek and a bit nervous. She didn't want to offend her new guardian... maybe she should have just kept quiet and powered through it? Yet Lyonesse seemed nice enough; hopefully she wouldn't mind the request. In time she'd realize that everyone who joined the pack got a necklace. It had just slipped her attention while they were at the willows. Or hadn't it been mentioned; forgotten in the concern over her poor toes? With her belly full she stood up and started waddling away only to pause with a shy smile on her face. "Which way is it?" No point in her wandering off in the wrong direction now was there? They'd go and get her this necklace thing; then hopefully Lyonesse would carry her home and let her sleep for like; a day and a half. Between the excitement and the worry and the emotions of it all she needed the downtime to let her mind process it all.

EXITS thread with Lyonesse and Vaitan to get a necklace and sleep

[ Reply ]

Posted 09-17-2017, 06:47 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 5.50
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
455 ep
© Jamie
Vaitan's wry grin remained as Lyonesse confirmed her maternal behavior. She's just like her mother, that way. Singer was always mothering the young, particularly the females, in the pack; that was just her way, something that many wolves remembered her for and appreciated. Vaitan was not "patronly," and his leadership style was not as familial as Singer's had been. But that was why he and Lyonesse made such a great pair. There was balance in their work, and he did not doubt that he needed her by his side. And while Vaitan was not particularly attached to the young ones, he knew their importance in the future of the pack...and this one was already growing on him. Pumpkin sounded unsure, but she was willing to work--to do whatever she needed in order to please her guardian. "Yes," Vaitan murmured, his tail swishing behind him as he strode through the sand. "Let's get you that necklace, then I'm sure you can rest."

Vaitan exits with Lyonesse and Pumpkin to retrieve her necklace.

[ Reply ]