pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Summer Icon © KennaLeeStratton
Current Layout Image © Sea
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
decay
Posted 06-15-2017, 10:44 AM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

WHAT A GRAND ADVENTURE IS LIFE;
but what of death.

This land had proved full of different magics. things that he had truly yet to see in all of his travels. the woman who was bird but was not. he was still baffled. was that power truly attainable? his head cocked as he thought on. his body gliding along the river. he had been hoping some sort of food would present itself, but the lazy hunter does not get the prey. his eyes were cast down, body shaped into a u towards the ground. even the tuft of a tail he had was aimed at the ground. what a sorry sight it was. sorrow was not needed, his mind was occupied. trying to catch on the bits of his past he still had. his memory was fleeting and inconsistent. perhaps this land could heal that? perhaps not.

Rhowan

Posted 06-15-2017, 11:56 AM |
Earth
Rhowan
Earth Scout
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
38 inches in, 97 pounds lbs
050 (000) ep
© Jacen

Thirst gnawed at his throat and pulled him towards the source of water that he had caught scent of a few moments ago. His day, thus far, had been spent doing what had become his normal rounds of exploring the area around the Gaia. He was just ont eh edge of the jungle, where a strand of the Naveen ran parallel to its borders and those of the Ruins.The chocolate beast's nose was upturned as he followed the sent of the water, and soon found himself upon the shore of the trickle of river. With a happy sigh he lowered his head and drank his fill, his thirst was finally slaked ad he raised his head again. It was only then that he realized he had not been particularly aware of his other surroundings. The form of another wolf was only a handful of yards away from him. For a moment he watched the stranger in silence, then finally called out with a gentle, throaty chuff of greeting.

speak easy, the earth hears all

Domnu

Posted 06-15-2017, 12:07 PM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

but what of death.

the sound falls to deaf ears at first. his mind is churning. he is caught up in himself. thinking, trying to think. images flicker but nothing concrete. there is an ache in his soul for that which may be lost forever. perhaps he wanders for other reason, perhaps not. after too much silence it dawns on him that he has been called. his head lifts gently, eyes have closed look to the wolf. another gem around its neck. he gives a curt nod. letting the silence comfort him. the thoughts die in their tracks. he pauses his movement and stares at the stranger. curious of what sort of greeting he should give. simple is best.
"hello.. and he leaves it at that.

Rhowan

Posted 06-15-2017, 12:31 PM |
Earth
Rhowan
Earth Scout
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
050 (000) ep
© Jacen

The silence was welcomed for Rhowan, as well. Too often recently had he been involved with others who were wordy and chatty, always had something to say. It was easy for Rhowan to keep up most days but there were times he needed rest from the goings-on of social life. Maybe he shouldn't have gathered the attention of the masked alabaster stranger but something told him that the other wouldn't be too tiresome. A gentle smirk flickered to life on those dark lips as the stranger responded. Simple and to the point. Good. Rhowan dipped his head in a nod of greeting and replied, "Hello. I'm Rhowan. If names matter to you." The beast lowered his head to drink more from the trickle of river and shook the droplets from his chin when he raised it again. He turned back to the other and made a few slow steps towards him as a cold winter's breeze ruffled his chocolate and chestnut fur.

Domnu

Posted 06-15-2017, 12:36 PM | This post was last modified: 06-15-2017, 12:40 PM by Domnu
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

but what of death.

"Rhowan..." the name lingered on Domnus lips as he took time to truly look at the stranger. chocolate. had he seen a brown wolf before? so much was lost to him. this all seemed new. fire eyes opened fully as he took in the scenery. watching as the river course beside him. his thirst had been quenched a while ago. he lift his head to the sky and watched as the clouds coursed by.
"i feel as though they should matter to all" his eyes flash to Rhowan again, Domnu.. he gives a nod with his name and shifts his eyes away again. not feeling threatened by this encounter. he is enjoying the feeling. the previous encounter lingering in his mind before fluttering away again. "would you mind telling me what place this is? i see by your neck your from this strange land as well?"

/decay/

Rhowan

Posted 06-15-2017, 01:48 PM |
Earth
Rhowan
Earth Scout
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
050 (000) ep
© Jacen

Already this run-in was much more relaxed than many of the others. A wealth of information was still fighting its way to settle down within Rhowan's brain after learning what he had over the past week. Magics, Gods, alliances, politics... All of it swirled about in his brain as if it would never calm. But the meeting with the masked stranger before him helped at least a little. His mind didn't seem to frantic while he listened to Domnu speak his own name then ask the question Rhowan figured would become normal when running into those without a necklace. "Doutaini, if you hadn't been told that already. This river runs throughout all of the lands surrounding." A smile made its way to his dark lips as he watched the stranger take note of the emrald nestled against the fluff of his chest. "This is Kaede's gift. The Patron God of the Earth pack and watcher of the Gaia Temple. Just west of here." As he spoke he noticed the pride that welled up in his heart as he spoke of his new home. The Jungle truly called to him. Perhaps this stranger would learn to see Kaede as good, as well.

Domnu

Posted 06-15-2017, 02:14 PM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

but what of death.

i meant the river, but thank you. he gave a short chuckle. eyes flashing to rhowan. intrigued to learn of another pack. he cocked his head. kaede. gods? he knew he had heard of gods before. that was familiar. most packs he had meant were a bit off. blindly worshiping and murdering. his eyes narrowed slightly. wondering if that was where he was again. a warring kingdom. no laws but the gods. gods that he wondered about the existence of. how does this work? these gods. these packs.
is there war here
the last sentence was said with no inflection. it was uttered with purpose. he locked eyes with the stranger. waiting to hear. he did not have it in him to do that again. to watch as babes were sent to fight and slaughtered like sheep. he would not, could not withstand it.
the memories fluttered in his mind, and quickly vanished. oh his mind was not what it once was!

/decay/

Rhowan

Posted 06-15-2017, 02:56 PM | This post was last modified: 06-15-2017, 02:59 PM by Rhowan
Earth
Rhowan
Earth Scout
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
050 (000) ep
© Jacen

The beast couldn't help but flush at his mistake. Of course Domnu was talking about the river. But Rhowan couldn't help speaking of the Gaia, as well. It had only been his home for a week or more but his pride and love of the jungle was growing like weeds out of control. He allowed his own chuckle to roll off of his lips as he rolled his shoulders and reclined back onto his haunches. Then it was the question that he hoped he would have a chance to answer. It was his test to see if he had truly listened to Briar during their lesson. "These neckalces," he said as he jutted out his chest and made the emerald of his gem glint in the light, "grant us the powers of each pack's domain. Kaede's domain is the Gaia Temple and Earth. With his gift I can manipulate the earth to my will... if I am practiced enough." He remember the poison then and added, "But every domain has a downfall. The more I use my gift the fast a celestial poison eats me from the inside out. One must be truly practiced to master their domain." He stood and stepped back as pressed a front paw down onto the damp ground of the river shore. The beast concentrated hard, and the emerald began to give a faint glow. He could feel the poison start to eat away as he channeled Kaede's gift into the ground and as he lifted his paw a small bundle of water reeds, new and fresh, sprouted from the ground. Rhowan swayed slightly and shook his head to clear the diziness before he smiled up at Domnu. "Like so." The pride in his heart shone through the twinkle in his twilight eyes. But he then remembered the final question from the stranger and his smile fell. "I have heard nothing of war, but there are politics between the packs. Alliances and such. Earth is peaceful under the guidance of Briar - the Alpha - and our God Kaede."

Domnu

Posted 06-15-2017, 05:42 PM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

but what of death.

his eyes locked onto the stranger and ears perked as he listened. so they aren't just some strange accessory you have here? there was the hint of laughter in his words. the humor left with the mention of poison. it made sense to him. who dares to have such power without consequence. aww, so you creatures are not all powerful. i must admit,
watching a bird become a wolf was quite strange
he remembered that. there was something to it. maybe he could work against this breaking mind. somehow.

he left his thoughts as he watched nothing short of magic happen. the reeds sprouted from nothing. he was truly amazed. what a beautiful gift to have. to bring life did that call to him? did he feel a stirring in his heart. at least his question had an answer. he looked to Rhowan intently. feel comfort in the news. war is feral.. it is.. the pause took too long. the silence became uncomfortable as he fought for a way to describe it.

it ruins all

/decay/

Rhowan

Posted 06-15-2017, 06:15 PM |
Earth
Rhowan
Earth Scout
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
050 (000) ep
© Jacen

"Nasty business." The beat sighed as he finished the stranger's words. Or with what Rhowan thought of war. Never before had he seen it first hand - his commune was peaceful just like Briar's wolves - but he had heard stories of it passing through his old lands. He'd seen the terror it put in childrens' eyes as nomads that had been caught up in the throws of war passed through for food and help. Rhowan eyed Domnu for a long moment before he continued on. "It is a beautiful gift." He looked down to the bush of reeds that he had grown with his very own power - the borrowed power of Kaede. "Though... I have to say I have not heard of a bird turning wolf. That is new to me." As a brow quirked in question he chuckled softly. "As I said before, Earth is peaceful. Were war to ever break out, I imagine the Gaia would be one of the safest places to go. We have the best healers in Doutaini." Once again that pride was all too obvious as he stood there looking down at his bush of reeds. The reeds he had grown himself.

Domnu

Posted 06-15-2017, 07:00 PM |
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

but what of death.

he nodded to rhowans words and watched the river as it coursed by. the chill nipping at his coat. his mind full of so much, but so little that he could access. a soft sigh came from his lips before he turned to rhowan, to give life. what a power his words sound almost sad. so rhowan had not seen a bird wolf either. did he make it up? did his mind play another trick on him. perhaps... he turned away to the woods, wondering where he was off to now. such strange things happen here. i don't know whether to fell fear or excitement to learn more. his voice is soft, it hangs on the breeze before being stolen away. i shall come visit eventually.
gaia sounds like a lovely place.
he offers rhowan a gentle smile. curiou on whether or not he will attempt to persuade more. or maybe this talk is just pride and love for a land. what a feeling to feel. Domnu had never felt that before.

/decay/

Rhowan

Posted 06-16-2017, 04:04 AM |
Earth
Rhowan
Earth Scout
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
050 (000) ep
© Jacen

Maybe it was just pride talking. Pride was definitely something he had recently found since arriving in Doutaini. There was a certain love for the commune that he had come from but the feeling that being part of something like Briar's Earth wolves was something entirely different. It was something that he wasn't expecting to feel so soon after finding a new home. The fact that he had accepted the magics and Gods of the new land so quickly was odd to him but it also felt... right. That smile never faded, it continued to curl the corners of his dark lips, the grin becomming a bit toothy as Domnu spoke of possibly visiting. "Speak my name at the borders and you will be welcomed as friend. Brair is protective of his wolves." Was it just an invite to visit? Or did Rhowan have something else on his mind for the stranger that he had just met? "Or..." he began, voice sheepish, "I am sure Briar would love to add another voice to those of the Gaian wolves. You could learn our magic, learn to create life yourself." Though he could not officially accept Domnu into the Gaia's domain, he offered what he could.

Domnu

Posted 06-16-2017, 11:48 AM | This post was last modified: 06-16-2017, 11:49 AM by Domnu
Earth
Domnu
Earth Wolf
Male, 4.50
Meso-fighter
33 in, 126 lbs
41 ep
© Fior

but what of death.

the kindness was appreciated. Domnu let his lips form into a soft smile as he watched rhowan. listening to his invitation. he gave a chuckle at the invitation. i would love to meet him one day. as for joining a pack. i dont normally settle anywhere. i also wish to learn more of this land. it is so strange. he said his words with kindness hoping not to offend the wolf. he watched his face waiting for a reaction.

regardless of what happens, it was nice to meet you rhowan. domnu watched rhowan for a bit before turning to the woods. wondering whee he should head next. who was left to meet now. what other packs existed in this land.

/decay/

Rhowan

Posted 06-17-2017, 02:42 PM |
Earth
Rhowan
Earth Scout
Male, 3.00
Meso-runner
050 (000) ep
© Jacen

The hope was high for Domnu to accept his invitation. But as the words left the other's mouth those hopes were dashed. However, Rhowan didn't let it bother him too much. He had a feeling that he would be coming across the stranger again, and that time they wouldn't be strangers to each other. A smile, though it was laced in a hint of sadness at the rejection, came to his dark lips as he nodded. "Fair enough. I hope to see you visiting the Gaia in the future." The chocolate beast gave another nod as Domnu spoke one last time. It was truly nice to meet him, as well. The stranger seemed calm, revered peace. He was a wolf that Rhowan hoped he could come across again, for sure. "It was nice to meet you as well. Go with peace, Domnu." He watched the alabaster male walk away for a few moments before he also turned and headed back toward the Gaia Temple.

( rhowan departs )

Domnu