pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Herbology 101
Posted 06-02-2017, 11:56 PM |
Enigma (Site Helper)
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.50
Ectomorph
41.35 in in, 102.22 lbs lbs
450 ep
© Sylvirr
As he'd promised Dax, they'd soon arrive at the borders of the Gaia. It is not the first time he's arrived here to Earth in person, though perhaps the first time he's coming seeking information rather than for some...other purpose. He lifted his head lightly, drawing in a warm breath before loosing it in a howl to call Briar -- he wouldn't mind Dax's presence, as it was ever difficult to EVER mind her happy demeanor in any place. "Now, what are we going to ask him when he gets here?" he asked, allowing his attention to fall back to Dax. If only he knew that here was where Tristan had ended up retiring to after the death of Ramona, perhaps it'd be a decent starting point. After all, if there was anybody who would know all bout growing gardens in Enigma, that'd be the one.

[Image: eLCRPG4.png]

Posted 06-03-2017, 12:43 PM |
Enigma
Dax
Enigma Healer
Female, 1.75
Meso-runner
32 in, 99/105 lbs
58 ep
© Jorrvaskr
" oh wonder "

This place was heaven to the little pale girl. It was winter, but there was no sign of snow or even the low temperatures of the outside world. It was magical. The trees and leaves were so alive and so green, it was almost like a spring that will never end. Her good eyes scans everything it can, trying to capture every detail in her mind forever. She was here once, but it looks so direfect from before. Maybe now she was old enough to pay attention in deatils and not just ask tons of questions every two minutes about anything.
Dax follows the father by his side, slighlty behind his dark figure. When he stops and howl, she stops by his side, tall ears moving quickly at any noise in te jungle. Then, he asks. Dax was praticing her talking mentally in the way to this beautiful forest. "I'm going to ask if he can give me some of his herbs and plants and teach me how to take good care of them... Right?" Maybe that was not what she cshould say at all. Her skull turns to Mercury. It always happen and she was very used to it, even that he would never see her eyes laying in his dark blind face and enormous scar.

re-tag me if i don't reply in 3 days.

Posted 06-03-2017, 01:16 PM |
Briar
Spirit
Male, 4.00
Meso-fighter
35 in, 130 lbs
534 ep
© Penn
The call is strange and for a moment he considers himself dreaming. He would have never expected Mercury to call him and he could only wonder what it could possibly be for. His memories pull an image of him at the celebration, of his gift that still hung in the wisteria tree next to a part of their great temple. Kaede... So Briar immediately throws back his own head, releasing a howl in return, signaling his coming. Briar moves to the edge of the crumpling steps, eyes craning towards the shaped wisteria tree though he could barely make it out from here before he plummets off the stone and into the foliage. He keeps himself low, nearly a straight line as his muzzle cranes downwards. He knows this forest more than any other, occasionally a fallen tree would catch him off guard, some shifted rocks, or brambles.

Still, in the dead of Winter, the Gaia remained lush. The temperature seemingly dropped a little, but the great canopy above apparently shielded Kaede's glory from the onslaught of frost. He found not only Mercury, but little Dax too...only she wasn't so little anymore. Immediately he is chipper as he bursts from the foliage to face them, "Well...well. To what do I owe this surprise?", he offers gently, eyes moving from Mercury to Dax, he wondered if she would remember him. Concerns knits against his brow for a moment before he remembers his manners.

What has happened? "My how grown up you are now, Queen Dax!", he offers before conjuring up pansies beneath her feet should she not move as he had once before with a bow of his head in her honor. He remember her, even as his head began to ache and he could feel his stomach in his throat. He remembers her love for flowers, her mention of some sort of weird garden. What was it again?

Mercury

Briar's tail was broken and it hangs limp two inches from the tip.

Posted 06-03-2017, 01:25 PM |
Enigma (Site Helper)
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.50
Ectomorph
450 ep
© Sylvirr
"Well, it's taken a long while," he paused, his ears swiveling justs lightly as he debated on telling Briar exactly why Dax had been so scarce,"But, it would seem that Dax is once again prepared to undertake some lessons in learning about more plants--and perhaps Kaede as well-- and we figured the best place would be here, and the best person would be one who's already started helping her." Indeed, Dax wasn't so small any longer, and soon she'd legitimately be filling out into an adult, though there seemed to be something inherently and forever innocent about her that he couldn't help but find endearing, and pray that it was something she never lost. After all, far too many thought Enigma was all doom and gloom and goths all the time, wherein it was not so!
"Perhaps we could make this a monthly thing-- her garden has fallen into a state of disrepair and so, she could use some care taking tips...and perhaps, if Earth feels so inclined, some special plants that we can't find in the caverns."

Dax could explain everything she wanted now- to ask in her own words, though Mercury wanted to gently nudge forward the option of making this a repeated visit-- Earth and Enigma had been on rocky terrain for a while, and it was something he wished to repair, just as after this, they'd be heading towards Storm.

Dax

Posted 06-03-2017, 02:09 PM |
Enigma
Dax
Enigma Healer
Female, 1.75
Meso-runner
32 in, 99/105 lbs
58 ep
© Jorrvaskr
" oh wonder "

Briar's howl echoed amoung the trees and in short time the king or Earth arrived, making Dax a bit shy by his words. Oh yes, she remember. SHe used to say she was a queen. For some tim,e she was a fallen queen, broken and lonely. Now, she was growing up strong once again. "It's good to see you, king Briar." She bows her head to the huge male. Mercury told her to be polite with Svana from Storm, but probably that applies for all high ranked wolves around these lands. Her father explained amost everything, but Dax wanted to add her own words.
"I wish to be a great healer and gardener one day. No one better to teach me then those who control the plants. I have my own garden, it's named Eye Garden. And... Well, I hope I can learn with you." Her oice was shy as she spoke slowly and clear. As she finished, her vision quickly turned to her paws, resting there for some moments. Probably, he was going to acept giving her a few classes of herbs, their god and powers, and maybe give her some of their plants. "I try my best to keep the garden alive, but I'm not that good with it."

Briar

Posted 06-03-2017, 02:44 PM |
Briar
Spirit
Male, 4.00
Meso-fighter
35 in, 130 lbs
534 ep
© Penn
Briar nods at Mercury's response, watching as Dax greets him. Not like the exuberant child she had once been. Though she had grown up and he was not the same as his younger self either. It had been a little while. There is a smile that creases his lips, growing wider by the second. He is honored to think they thought of coming here to learn, of Kaede and their plants. Though, truthfully, Briar knew little of plants, but he knew someone who did. Briar would turn back towards the thick forest, "Asceo!", it it not much of a howl or a scream, a simple call that might carry a little longer against the trees. Maybe she'd hear him. "Of course! I'd be delighted by your visits, though I hardly know the names of plants I can certainly show you how to tend to them and of our Bear God.", he notes eyes turning back to the forest in wait, "I've called an expert healer, so maybe I can learn along with you?" So his attention turns to Dax as she further explained the situation. He was beginning to feel less tense.

Eye Garden. That was right, those with special eyes. So Briar moves to settle into the dirt facing Dax gently, "Well....the trick with plants is you have to show them a little love, sing to them and be gentle. They need water and sunlight, some prefer darkness though, moist areas.", he informs gently. He would tell her of what he did know. "There are annual type plants that only live for a year and then they die completely. Then there are biennials, which take like two years to fully grow to maturity. And lastly, the perennials which last generally forever if taken good care of. They will of course, sometimes suffer in the winter only to return in the spring." So he waits for her to digest this information, hoping Asceo might be along shortly.

Mercury Asceo

Posted 06-04-2017, 10:35 PM |
Enigma
Dax
Enigma Healer
Female, 1.75
Meso-runner
32 in, 99/105 lbs
58 ep
© Jorrvaskr
a gentle bump for both Asceo and Mercury

Posted 06-10-2017, 06:26 AM | This post was last modified: 06-10-2017, 06:26 AM by Asceo
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate

Asceo was resting peacefully as her two pups suckled at her belly, enjoying the warmth of her den beneath the protection of the ivy tendrils that she had grown over the entrance of the fallen oak. As she began to doze, she heard Briar's call–for once, not in distress, but casual and friendly. With a sigh, she waited for her children to finish their meal. They were growing fast, and since she had moved them into her medicine den with her, they proved endlessly energetic, always knocking over her projects, stamping about the garden of mushrooms and herbs, crushing her saplings. If it weren't for Kaede's magic, she chuckled to herself, I'd be sorely pressed to keep my garden intact.

Amused, she rose from her comfortable nest of ferns and guided Roscoe and Amelia towards Briar's location. As they wound through the Gaia, they were greeted by the sight of Briar with a young white pup, whose left eye was white and sightless, her alabaster face unmarked save for a few scars that scored her muzzle. Asceo growled, concerned for the she-wolf, despite the signs that the had already occurred, long before today. The scars were relatively recent, but not fresh.

She kept a watchful eye over her pups as she aimed to gently nip Briar's shoulder in greeting.

"You called, Briar?"

Asceo would allow Briar to introduce the white she-wolf, as her amber eyes traced over her curiously, lingering on the violet pendant that rested starkly against her fur.

"It seems we have a visitor from Enigma," she commented casually. Her voice was fcalm and friendly, though slightly guarded. Asceo did not want to bring up memories of the last disastrous event involving Briar and a pup. While she no longer blamed him for what had happened, she was worried that this interaction may bring up the guilt that she knew he felt. As a healer, it was her duty to concern over her alpha's emotional state. As his friend and packmate, it was her earnest desire to ensure that he was okay.

for Briar Dax Amelia. 346 words. "speech".

notes:

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

Posted 06-14-2017, 07:43 AM |
Enigma (Site Helper)
Mercury
Enigma Sub-Alpha
Male, 5.50
Ectomorph
450 ep
© Sylvirr
For a long moment, he was silent, listening to Dax speak all on her own before Briar's call went out. An ear flicked forward, waiting as...whoever it was he called to arrive. He was immediately made mildly annoyed by Asceo's blatant ignoring of him, but oh, well.
"My daughter," he began, liquid voice directed towards Asceo now, as he assumed Briar was already more than aware of such things,"Would like help with her garden." But beyond that, he'd allow Dax to speak-- after all, if anything, she'd need to grow better at communicating, and he'd not be there forever to help her talk. Still, she was already quickly growing ever more confident, having lost it for a while but she seemed to be regaining it quickly now. He lifted his brows after a moment, sightless eyes half-lidded in an expression of a somewhat bored amusement,"And perhaps in return for your assistance in these matters, we can provide you with something as well." The caverns had things that the Gaia could never hope to even see, after all. But, tit for tat-- he'd hate to be that person who took without giving, as that was not the way of the world.

As he'd said-- nothing in life is free.

Briar Dax Asceo Tristan

Posted 06-14-2017, 09:05 PM |
Enigma
Dax
Enigma Healer
Female, 1.75
Meso-runner
32 in, 99/105 lbs
58 ep
© Jorrvaskr
" oh wonder "

Well, the one Briar called came. Asceo, if she was correct. Her voice was friendly, and that automatically made Dax like the black she-wolf. The pale girl smiles sy, bowing her head for the new member of this conversation. Her good eye lays over the father once more, while he spoke, waiting ehr time to talk. And he had the most amazing idea, for her, in offer to share the things of enigma to them. SHe was almost sure the jungle does not have clowing worms. "I'm Dax, it's nice to meet you." Yes, always be polite. "Dad said the Earth wolves are the best healers and know a lot about plants. I grow my own plants, and I want to be as a grat healer as the Earth wolves!" She barks happily, wagging the tail. Maybe she dreams to much, but dreams keep us alive. "I hope you can teach me about... Well, everything I need to know. And, as dad said, we can give you something. Like glowing worms!" Dax was very used to those little creatures in the hall's roofs, and they are indeed very nice.

Briar

Posted 06-16-2017, 05:15 PM |
Briar
Spirit
Male, 4.00
Meso-fighter
35 in, 130 lbs
534 ep
© Penn
Asceo emerges from the foliage and Briar smiles as she comes to greet the king. His own muzzle would aim for her cheek as she nips him. His tail wags gently as his attention shifts to her babes and then to their guests. However, before he speaks Mercury does and then Dax. Good, saved him from having to do it. Briar's ears would twitch at the mention of repayment. Though the King couldn't fathom what Enigma might have that they could use. Briar thinks of Mercury's prize from the celebration and smiles gently. The effort had been more than he ever imagined or expected. Dax speaks of glowing worms and Briar's head cocks as he chuckled. That would be interesting indeed. "Asceo, this is Mercury from Kaede's celebration. And Queen Dax has been here before...", mild extension of their introduction a wink offered to Asceo as he mentioned the queen that was not actually the queen. "I figured if anyone could help Dax learn of healing and gardening, it could be you.", his tail swayed as he dipped his muzzle to her and moved to plop himself down facing Amelia and Roscoe fondly with a wriggle of his tail. As if by habit, Briar would conjure up a small vine of simple ivy to slither it's way towards them gently with Kaede's growth, hoping not to distract the others too much, but he couldn't help it with such precious babes. Suddenly his stomach would lurch as he breathed heavier.

Asceo

Posted 06-27-2017, 08:56 PM | This post was last modified: 06-27-2017, 08:56 PM by Asceo
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate

Asceo twitched her ears as another male spoke. With a start, she realized she had not registered his presence, and much to her horror, it was Mercury, the mutilated blind wolf. "My daughter," he said languidly, and it seemed fitting that she too, shared a blind eye to match her father's two, "would like help with her garden. And perhaps in return for your assistance in these matters, we can provide you with something as well." She nodded in apologetic greeting to him, but said nothing further as she turned her attention back to the young white she-wolf.

"I'm Dax, it's nice to meet you," she said politely.

"And I'm Asceo. A pleasure of mine as well, little one," she returned.

"Dad said the Earth wolves are the best healers and know a lot about plants. I grow my own plants and I want to be as a great healer as the Earth wolves!" Dax's tail wagged happily. Asceo couldn't help but smile at her bright enthusiasm. "I hope you can teach me about… Well, everything I need to know. And, as dad said, we can give you something. Like glowing worms!"

"Really now? Worms that glow. Now that is a sight I would like to see." Asceo chuckled mildly.

"Asceo," Briar broke in. "This is Mercury from Kaede's celebration."

She nodded, "It was a kind gift that you brought, Mercury," remembering the piece of onyx he had brought to honor their bear-god that now hung in one of the temple wisteria trees.

"And Queen Dax has been here before," he said with a wink of his red-blue eye. "I figured if anyone could help Dax learn of healing and gardening, it could be you." Seemingly finished speaking, he sat himself beside Amelia and Roscoe to taunt them with his tail. A small length of ivy slithered playfully towards them as he used his magic to entertain them. Asceo flashed him a grateful smile, glad to have a momentary reprieve from their antics.

"I would be thrilled to tutor you, Dax. If you would like me to show you, I have been developing my own garden. That is, when I can keep my young ones from trampling it." She laughed lightly.

I should erect some temporary walls if I wish to keep the rascals out.

"I grow everything I need from mushrooms to herbs, although I have the advantage of Kaede's magic to assist me. That said, I can teach you basic principles of gardening and how to properly care for your charges–each plant is your responsibility to provide nurturing for."

She pulled at the magic in her gem as she started the grown of a young marigold plant, but she stopped its growth as the buds began to form. As the headache set in, she explained to Dax the nature of plants and how derived their energy from the sun and needed to be watered regularly, taking a moment to discuss that not all plants require the same amount of each to flourish.

"And once you have nurtured them, they will bloom for you." Asceo's marigold buds then blossomed before them, into bright healthy petals, as she urged them with magic.

Fighting back the bile that was steadily rising in her throat, she finished her brief discussion on care. "As you can see, I'm using Earth's element to grow my plants. I've done this here to better demonstrate for you their life stages, but in my garden, I do still tend to them by watering them with water-drenched moss and planting their seeds in areas that receive enough shade and sunlight required for the plant."

Asceo grew three more plants–this time, lavender–from the ground, clenching her jaw as the nausea lurched in her stomach. The first she let sprout only an inch above the ground. The second was half-grown plant. The third she allowed to grow to its full height and bloom into its lovely purple flowers. Her head pounded and she felt almost dehydrated as the bile threatened to come up her throat.

She paused her lesson and trotted over to a small pond that lay nearby, sating her thirst and calming her nausea with its cool chill. Then she returned to Dax and gestured with her nose to the first of the lavender plants, the one that had just barely sprouted.

"Now Dax, I want you to dig up each of these lavender and observe their root systems. Start with the youngest."

She smiled, eager to continue their lesson.

for Briar Dax Mercury. 757 words. "speech".

notes: I forgot to mention this in post, but if Dax has any questions, Asceo will pause her lesson to answer them. I will address anything other characters do during the lesson in my next post to "catch up" before I go farther. I hope I didn't move this too far forward.

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

Posted 07-25-2017, 02:24 AM |
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep