pack pages

Resources
explore Home Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

the staff
Kristi
Penn
Julie
Sabrina
Mega
Ana
Kiwi
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN

Credits
Winter Icon © r0se-designs
Current Layout Image © Sparrow
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Brain waves and the sea's a dream.
Posted 06-01-2017, 10:12 PM |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 5
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
455 ep
© Jamie
The vast river was undeterred by winter's touch. It roared like mighty thunder through Doutaini's heartland, a rush of pale waters churning with persistent chunks of ice. Frost crept along the rocky shores, encouraged by the breeze that swept the warmth away from the Fields and beyond. The beast loped along its trail, keeping a brisk pace—but nothing compared to the speed of the current. Although he departed from the Torrid, he was a creature of the North, bred in the dense forest and bearing the rich coat to prove it. Traveling between the Cavern and the desert often had kept him both active and acclimated to Doutaini's varied climates. He surged forward into the chill air, taking deep and steady breaths as his feet pounded the rhythm toward Water's packlands. His hunter's nature truly shone through in every well-placed step and every whip of his long tail. He was lean for an endomorph, but consistent training—and the tutelage of a lost and beloved companion—had honed thick musculature over his heavy frame. The beast only slowed as he began to reach the edge of unfamiliar territory. The Great River seceded into various streams, a glorious sight to behold, a symphony of trickles and crashing waves. The closest Vaitan had been to Doutaini's shore was the day he journeyed to Firefly Cove—or, perhaps, the Malignant Mire. The ocean had never been enough on its own to call him forth; he arrived here now with purpose. (And yet, the tumultuous sea had frequented his dreams, a manifestation of the stifling darkness that haunted him.) Today was different; light shimmered in his amber gaze, determination written in the lines of his rugged facade. The waters leading temptingly to the ocean's endless horizon were a vision of promise, a symbol of the future. Stopping where the sand melded into the riverbed, Vaitan slaked his thirst, then released a call. “Water!” His voice rolled with deep, honey-laced chords, an intriguing conjuring for Water's council—and alpha, in particular. His dream for Fire was the future, and it started here at the water's edge.

V A I T A N
҉
T Z A R A N I

Keston and Lyonesse (in case you want to join <3)

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-02-2017, 10:17 PM |
Water ( Designer )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 3 years (winter)
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
290 ep
© Julie
In the early winter season, a school of straggling salmon made their way upstream to spawn—late arrivals desperate to complete the cyclic nature of their lives. They were already weeks behind the majority that had flocked towards the river to escape the perils of sea, providing their children with a chance to survive, and their voyage provided an opportunity that was hard to escape the gnawing hunger that chewed at his stomach. Taking to the riverbed, Keston ventures towards where the river drops into a small waterfall no more than a foot tall. Feathering around his ankles offer his joints additional warmth against the chill of winter and frozen patches of ice, sprawled toes helping to keep balance as he navigates across the water-smoothed rocks that coveted a thin layer of algae. The slick surface keeps him alert, and falling into position, readies himself for the task ahead as the school continues their upstream battle. Then with surprising force packed into their small bodies, they jump from the lower waters to reach the top of the rapids with remarkable precision—in that moment, Keston takes his aim. Teeth snap at the fish as they fly past him, and on his third cast, the leonine king manages to boast a hearty catch.

He had just begun his return with cautiously placed steps when the summons rings out, bringing clearwater eyes towards the source. A soft whine escapes him when he realizes his meal would have to be delayed, and upon landing on the riverbank, Keston begins to close the distance that separates him from the visitor. Carrying the salmon with him along the way, as the man comes into focus, the young king finds the red gem of Akako nestled around the stranger’s neck. Sullivan’s tale of the fiery god’s appearance among Kuro Pit stirs within his mind, but it is quickly forgotten as eyes flick to meet the stranger’s gaze. Placing the fish between the men and gesturing with his muzzle for the man to help himself, Keston clears his throat as the rich notes of a baritone voice sing out. “Welcome to Cerulean Waters, my name is Keston Lioncourt—please, help yourself if you are hungry from your travels.” Offers the man with a polite smile, nostrils quivering as they devoir the baked scent of the arid desert in contrast to the humidity that crowded the brackish air of the shore. All the same, the leonine man cannot help but wonder what has brought forth the ambassador of Akako.
Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-05-2017, 01:57 AM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Sub-Alpha
Female, 2.9
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
42 ep
© lou

She trails Vaitan at a distance, though he no doubt knew of her existence behind him, a wandering pace giving a thoughtful mind the time it needed to search for answers. Water had been a favourite for Singer, she knew this by time spent here in the Cerulean getting to know the wolves who called the ocean home. It isn't long enough though, when finally does she arrive at Vaitan's side against the rocking tides of the sea, and quietly does she tilt her head and cast an emerald gaze out towards the waves that claim such a large body of water, an amount that had claimed the lives of others. It was rhythmic in a way that comforted her heart, a beat against beat that rocked her to sleep, and with a blink she tears her attention away to lock onto Fires' new alpha, a smile curling at her lips. Heart of iron and flame; it had begun to slowly heal over from the unending list of blows it had recently taken, she had her doubts that it would ever truly heal though, that she would ever really be whole again. Fire was not the same without her mother there to lead them into victory, to teach and to chastise, to make the desert what it was. But at the end of everything else, it was still home, and a place Lyon felt safe from the terrors of the world. The darkness that lurked behind every story, every path.

The first water wolf to arrive is one she is familiar with, and she takes her place beside Vaitan just as he makes his introductions and welcomes them to the ocean. "Keston," she croons, ears flicking forwards as a genuine smile ignites her dark features, "it's been too long," and though it is a polite and friendly statement, she truly means it. This was not her meeting, but Vaitan's, yet still she felt comfort in the presence of those familiar and it was a tie she grabbed hold of tightly. An anchor to this earth when all else was lost. "I hope you don't mind us intruding like this," she goes on to say, brushing her shoulder ever so gently against Vaitan's as if asking for permission; "we come carrying heavy news of Fire, where is Elizaveta?" There was so many questions she wanted to ask, like where had Trafalgar gotten to, the first boy to ever steal a slice of her heart, and why he had abandoned her after their friendship had just begun, in a time she needed him most. She reserved it all though, kept it hidden under lock and key for another time when the sorrowful news of Singer's passing was behind them, if it ever truly could be behind them. She gives the floor to her commander, an ear turning towards him to show him her attention had shifted to him once again, even though chartreuse eyes remain poised on the water alpha.

tags; Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-05-2017, 09:19 AM | This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 09:22 AM by Vaitan
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 5
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
455 ep
© Jamie
The span of a minute passed as the cool breeze rushed from the roiling current, carrying over to Vaitan’s heated form. Its relieving touch was appreciated, and the beast lifted his jaw to let the wind chill his throat and chest. He knew Lyonesse was on his trail, but he never expected Water to hear his call before his compatriot joined; indeed, he was pleasantly surprised by the quick arrival of the Water wolf, and a grin spread across his rugged maw. The other was carrying fresh salmon between his fangs—it was still twitching with the remnants of life, and when it dropped to the ground between them, it flopped stubbornly once or twice. Vaitan regarded the stranger with appreciation, but it was obvious that this wolf hadn’t caught the salmon so hastily to share with an unknown guest. His grin widened at the other’s polite greeting, but he jerked his head in a gentle refusal. “Thank you, but I ate not too long ago. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Keston. My name is Vaitan Tzarani.” The alphas—though they didn’t know each other as such—were likened to two sides of the same coin. Eerily similar in appearance, the two timber males stood at the same height, pointed ears reaching high above majestically architectured skulls. Keston was ten pounds heavier, bred for strength versus agility, and he was lighter as well. Golds, yellows, perhaps even a twinge of red showed through his timber hues, whereas Vaitan’s richly hued fur was framed with black markings. Their eyes—all bright and grasping—were complements of ocean blue and fiery amber. If any two wolves personified Water and Fire so fittingly, it was that stunning pair.

Before Vaitan could initiate the point of his meeting, Lyonesse appeared at his side. He glanced down at her, his grin muting as an expression of intrigue overtook his face. She knew this wolf—although, he supposed, he would too, if he hadn’t been trapped in the mountains when Singer took the pack to visit the Cerulean. Vaitan turned back to Keston as Lyonesse continued, his tail swishing pleasantly as she bumped against him. He didn’t mind her steering the conversation elsewhere, and he let her speak without reproach. She was the closest thing to “family” that he had in Fire, now that Singer was gone. Judging by her question, Elizaveta was Alpha here, but Vaitan wouldn’t make any assumptions. His gaze also clung to Keston’s visage; the beast regarded him with respect and interest. This water wolf possessed a certain musk, and a stature of authority—if he wasn’t the alpha, he was at least someone in the council. Vaitan wondered if he should wait to express their purpose, but he didn’t want Lyonesse to have to discuss the painful topic. “Heavy news, indeed,” he rumbled, his voice low and calm. He hoped Lyon would understand why he got to the point as he explained: “Singer is…no longer with us. Akako retrieved her himself on the day of her death, as she had rightly earned. We have assumed the mantle of leadership, hoping to guide Fire in her honor. If you could tell us who is Alpha here, or take us to your council, it would be greatly appreciated.”

V A I T A N
҉
T Z A R A N I

Keston

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-05-2017, 04:26 PM | This post was last modified: 06-05-2017, 04:27 PM by Sullivan
Water
Sullivan
Water Warrior
Male, 2yrs, 3s (5/2/17)
Meso-fighter
35 in, 125 lbs
96 ep
© KittyKookiez

'Water!' He hears the call and instantly he's on his feet. Toes splay to make for a clean, speedy run to the borders. Keston has already arrived, and what he sees before him are two Fire wolves he's never met before. The man makes a stand beside Keston, head raised in confidence, yet they would notice his tail remains lowered as an indication that he is not alpha here. "you were already lookin' at him." his voice is grunt, but far from disrespectful, as he makes like of his brother's rank. Sullivan never knew who Singer was -- perhaps he should have learned more about the 'outside world' when he was in Divine. He's missed a lot of the goings-on about Doutaini's politics. If he wanted to help Water, it was good a time as any to learn.

Gdi I accidentally used szymon's postscript hold up
Ok fixed lol

KittyKookiez OOC Account

There is no need to tag me in any threads I am already in (unless it is my turn to post AND it is a multiple-party thread)!

Adopt one today!
Check out Valoria and his friends on Dragcave :)

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-17-2017, 10:42 PM |
Water ( Designer )
Keston
Water Alpha
Male, 3 years (winter)
Endomorph
36 in, 135 lbs
290 ep
© Julie
Not long after Keston had welcomed the stranger at their borders, and the seaborne king receives the man’s name with a polite nod of his head, did he finds his sights lifting to encompass an approaching figure. Cerulean eyes squint gently to focus his view when he is confronted with a delightful surprise. His head slips down into a bow of greeting, lips creasing to reveal a content smile to express his fondness. “Lyonesse, welcome. It certainly has been too long—I hope you and those of Fire have been well since we last met?” Keston inquires with genuine concern, before motioning for Lyoness to help herself to the salmon should she have grown hungry from her travels. Listening as she continues, however, the grin across his features would dissipate at her mention of “heavy news”. Could this be why Singer had not received Tennyson and Keston when they came to seek help in finding Elizaveta and her family?

Knitting his features into a composed demeanor, he reclines onto his haunches to steady himself for the news which the pair of messengers had brought. But not even his vivid imagination can concoct an occurrence that bore the same weight of their message. Singer was gone—a feat that seemed impossible among the legends she had spurred amid her lifetime. Keston drops his head, eyes closing in a solemn prayer. The heaviness of the news had lodge his throat to prevent words from forming in reply, and after several moments of silence (except for the ambiance of the ocean’s toil), he offers his sympathies. “I am terribly sorry for your loss. May Singer find peace among the stars, where she is sure to burn as bright as the fires she left in each of our hearts.” Keston muses quietly, disbelief striking a particular note among his voice while he grapples with this truth—but it would not end there. The very sound of Elizaveta’s name brings a powerful wave of emotion over the leonine man once again, the memory encasing his heart before it is squeezed without mercy.

Sullivan’s arrival serves as a distraction, and in those few moments that his brother enters their meeting, Keston tries to pull his thoughts and emotions under control. “This is my brother, Sullivan—Vaitan and Lyonesse, alphas of Fire.” Keston extends the courtesy of introductions, dispelling any anonymity among their company. “Fate has not been kind to Water, either. Elizaveta and Barbados, along with their children, have gone missing. A single son remains and he sits as Water’s heir. Tennyson was not yet old enough to inherit the throne when Kei came in search of our next leader, and so the pack rallied behind me.” He speaks humbly, though in his heart, he is proud that the leadership of Water was handled with a sense of democracy. Curiosity stirs in his chest now, wondering whether the alphas came simply to spread news of Singer's passing, or if this meeting was intended for further purpose.
Lyonesse

[ Reply ]

Posted 06-19-2017, 04:04 AM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Sub-Alpha
Female, 2.9
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
42 ep
© lou

Vaitan greets her kindly, as he always did, they were fast becoming a strong leading pair, and as much as she appreciates him for it; she loves him for it too. Fire had gone down hill since Singer's passing, there was nothing to deny about it, but without Vaitan holding her hand these passed few weeks, she doesn't know how she would have been able to assure them that Singer's legacy would continue. The cerulean falls silent after Vaitan tells the water alpha of their loss, of a fallen queen who had stained the hearts of those who resided in fire, of a legend who had been taken too soon, by something too simple. Though, deep down, Lyon knew it had been heart break that had eventually taken her mother, Finch had been her lover from the beginning, and when he was murdered; apart of her had been taken as well. Her throat closes over as Keston's head bobs, and swiftly he apologizes, the polite thing to do, but Lyon senses he is genuine, a charming man in every way possible. "Thank you," she tells him, "it has not been easy," and she shakes her head with a sigh, before the approach of another wolf snags her attention.

Sullivan. She tips her muzzle to him, gripping that form of distraction, any form of distraction, with knuckles that quickly turn white. Her ears bow for him, before she straightens at Vaitan's side, a queen even through her grief; she was a strong soul. But just as she drew breath, Keston's words push the air from her lungs in a deep gush, and in her chest, there is a sliver of flesh that cracks and rots. "Trafalgar?" She inquires, her tail drooping by her ankles and in her voice, there was a snag that she was oh so unimpressed with. "Excuse me," she clears her throat, horror passing across dark features before she shakes her head and gives the water wolves an apologetic look; "I'm sorry you've been dealt an unkind hand, but I'm sure Water is at least relieved that a man like you leads them." She tilts her head genuinely, a smile curling lips of ink upwards, shut up, Lyon.. Keston, one of the only wolves who had the power to render her useless. She falls silent to allow Vaitan his piece, for whatever it was they had come for.

"speech."

tags; Vaitan

[ Reply ]

Posted 38 minutes ago |
Fire
Vaitan
Fire Alpha
Male, 5
Endomorph
36 in, 125 lbs
455 ep
© Jamie
Another male appeared, and if not for his girth and watery blue eyes, Vaitan could have sworn it was Tillyons’ brother. Something about the gruff stature combined with the youthful countenance reminded him of the ex-Ice devotee. The beast blinked, then nodded and grinned, a small chuckle escaping his throat. “I might have known.” He looked to Keston and nodded again, deeper this time—a look of recognition. Vaitan didn’t miss the familiarity between Keston and Lyonesse—a fact that was noted with interest, and curiosity of course. His grin widened good-naturedly, one brow rising playfully, but the mirthful expression quickly faded at the Water Alpha’s condolences. It was painful to have these conversations for too long, even for him, but he would not show it. Instead, he would strive to lead in her honor—to hold himself with respect, dignity, and as much sincerity as his darkling soul would allow. He sighed, nodding again, then pressed forward politely. “Greetings to both of you, Keston and Sullivan. It is our pleasure to be here, I’m sure.” He would aim to press into Lyonesse’s flank once again, a subtle and mischievous, teasing gesture. “Thank you for accepting us at your borders. I’m sorry to hear of Water’s troubles as well. Unfortunately, I never had the pleasure of conversing with a Water wolf in the past, so I know nothing of Elizaveta and her family. This is a shameful admission on my part, truly. But if Lyonesse has faith in your leadership, I’m sure your pack will do well under your guidance.” The beast’s keen, simmering gaze shifted from Keston, to Sullivan, and back, another dip of his handsome maw accompanying the compliment. “I came to greet you, of course, seeing as we knew nothing about Water’s new leadership, nor Water of us. I think it is important to introduce ourselves to the other alphas in Doutaini, to…assure each other, if for nothing else.” Vaitan shrugged. “I was not born in Doutaini. Where I come from, packs do not live so close together—territories are miles and miles apart. Any breach of territory is met with swift violence. Doutaini’s customs are still something I’m adjusting to, so it’s my opinion that we should be familiar, for the safety of our packs.” Vaitan smiled calmly. “Singer was trying to forge a relationship with Water, from what I understand. I want to continue building that relationship, if you’re open to it. I want to extend the offer of a shared hunt, at least between our councils if nothing else. But I would love for as many members to participate as are willing. What do you say?” Then Vaitan would nudge Lyon gently, if she allowed. “Do you have any other suggestions, my dear?”

V A I T A N
҉
T Z A R A N I

ooc. Sorry for the wait, some friends/family came in from out of town! Lol hope it's not too crappy! xD

Keston Sullivan Lyonesse

[ Reply ]