pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Herb Suggestions
Posted 05-09-2017, 01:29 PM | This post was last modified: 06-06-2017, 07:51 AM by Briar
Anastasia
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 

Doutaini's Herbs!

Alright guys, its your time to pitch in! We've been going through and revamping the herbs/healing page but now we turn to you guys to expand it. Post below with the following information. If you have any question please feel free to contact me or any of the other staff members and we will do our best to answer any inquires or concerns you have.

Herb Name:
Reference Image:
Locations:
Properties:
Category:
Source: (Where this can be validated.)

As of right now our categories include:

General Purpose
Digestive Aid
Pain Killers & Joint Health
Pregnancy & Births
Mental Health
Stimulants
Suppressors
Physical Injuries
Disease & Infection
Miscellaneous

Posted 05-10-2017, 12:42 AM | This post was last modified: 05-12-2017, 06:17 PM by Asceo
Earth ( Staff )
Asceo
Earth Beta
Female, 3.50
Meso-runner
33 in, 110 lbs
225 ep
© Intricate
a couple of pregnancy related herbs, although according to my possibly-questionable resource, in (large?) doses can be used to attempt an abortion/force a miscarriage.

Black Cohoshhere
Using Black Cohosh to disrupt pregnancy, black cohosh is a helper herb, helping to prepare the cervix to release the contents of the uterus. It is often used during childbirth to help ripen the cervix in preparation for delivery. It is best used combined with blue cohosh or combines well with vitamin c & dong quai.

- to help the cervix relax and open. Many herbalists and midwives say it has the ability to "ripen the cervix" in preparation for childbirth.

Blue Cohoshhere

- a uterine stimulant. With unique properties that encourage the uterus to contract.
- As a uterine tonic, it nourishes and revitalizes the uterine tissue in a variety of circumstances, including after pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion
- It is commonly used during the last 2-4 weeks of pregnancy to give the uterus a final toning, thus making the birthing process quicker. It can be used during birth to ease labor pains, jump-start a stalled labor. And after birth to deliver a retained placenta and stop bleeding by helping the uterus clamp down without causing the cervix to close as well. For these purposes, midwives usually use a combination of Blue and Black Cohosh, in equal amounts.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the link in the header doesn't lead to this thread!

EDIT x2: Tbh, I wouldn't mind seeing the list down-sized instead of added to, unless the new herb adds a new use. But that's just me

Thread Tracker
Graphic Storage
Studio
Coven of Witches/Healers

Posted 05-15-2017, 09:36 PM |
KittyKookiez
OOC Account
Female, 0.75
----
5'6 in, 106 lbs
Over 9000 ep
© KittyKookiez
Herb Name: Parsley
Reference Image: here
Locations: (Parsley grows best in moist, well-drained soil, with full sun). Gaia Temple, Hakai Mists Forest, Willows, Xyntanza's Hill, Lightning Valley, Cerulean Waters, Firefly Cove, Iridescent Glade, Grave Summit, Aureate Plateau, Crimson Meadows, and Serene Fields.
Properties: Helps terminate pregnancies. "Parsley tea is one of the commonest ways to have a herbal abortion. The herb is easily available due to its culinary uses. And you can have parsley tea as many times as you want. It should show results in 2 or 3 days."
Category: Pregnancy & Birth

PLOTS: Whenever I plot, I always go by the quote "Whoever has the muse first makes the thread" unless stated otherwise

Claymore | Sullivan | Kaley | Szymon

Characters' History | Graphics | Character Ideas | Random Shiz

My Dragcave Dragons

Posted 05-22-2017, 11:22 AM | This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 08:09 PM by Jorrvaskr
Jorrvaskr
OOC Account
Female, 19.50
----
short in, enough lbs
ep
© Jorrvaskr
Herb Name: Belladona

Locations: (prefers darker place, with humid grounds, mostly at river and lakes borders) Hakai Mists Forest, Gaia Temple, Jinsyn Waterfall, Lacrima Lake, Naveen River.

Properties: "belladonna is used as a sedative, to stop bronchial spasms in asthma and whooping cough, and as a cold and hay fever remedy. It is also used for Parkinson's disease, colic, motion sickness, and as a painkiller."

Category: Suppressors > Sedative.

Sorce: here

| Bjorn | Dax | Damini | Durnehviir |

jorr's studio | graphic storage | char ideas | character's history | random

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGCAVE DRAGONS!

Posted 07-01-2017, 08:02 PM | This post was last modified: 07-01-2017, 08:11 PM by Jorrvaskr
Jorrvaskr
OOC Account
Female, 19.50
----
short in, enough lbs
ep
© Jorrvaskr
Herb Name: Hollyhock

Locations: (Soil conditions must be moist, well-drained) Jinsyn Waterfall, Lacrima Lake, Naveen River.

Properties: "In herbal medicine, Hollyhock is believed to be an emollient and laxative. It is used to control inflammation, to stop bedwetting and as a mouthwash in cases of bleeding gums."

Category: Pain Killers & Joint Health > Anti-Inflammatory

Source: here

| Bjorn | Dax | Damini | Durnehviir |

jorr's studio | graphic storage | char ideas | character's history | random

Adopt one today!
MY DRAGCAVE DRAGONS!