pack pages

Resources
explore OOC Members Search Calendar Open Threads
guide Guidebook/Rules Biology Stars Sparring & Judging System
statistics Points History Cradle - Grave Legends Char. Contest
references Religion Hunting Healing & Herbs Prize Page Staff Donate
Open Cbox
Disclaimer
By using the chatbox you agree to the rules described on the Rules page under the Chatbox section. Have fun. :)

doutaini map

Map of Doutaini

Credits
Winter Icon © kaiathedragon13
Current Layout Image © Riv
Map Drawing © Doodle
Coding © Tempy & Doutaini Staff
Original Content © Kaji & Crux
Characters © Their respective writers

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »
Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)
Field Trip Mission
Posted 04-24-2017, 03:13 PM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi

Well, today was the day. Even though Valerian was the one going away, it was Rykerri whose stomach was twisting in knots. Part of her felt guilty for not explaining it properly to him; ambushing him. The rest of her was anxious in case everything fell apart before it had even begun. She kept reminding herself that she needed to do this - but the thought of Canela being here just made it worse; made her feel like she was using Valerian to get to the traitor.

She'd been standing outside the borders for ten minutes now, just staring. Stock still. Her greying red-brown fur blended into the distant horizon of the red rock Ridge. She breathed in the autumn leaves - how did summer go so quickly? Would she even make it through the next winter? What if she wasn't even here to see Valerian come back from Wind? What if he really did make too much trouble, and didn't come back at all?

All these worries plagued her as she waited. She began to realise it was better to just jump in at the deep end. She called for Valerian and Tyrus - two wolves from two directions. Two sides of the same coin, but no doubt they were very different. Tyrus was barely older than Valerian. Gods, I hope this works.

Valerian Tyrus

Posted 04-25-2017, 09:24 PM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.00
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
170 ep
© Elle
The call whistled in the soft cream lined cups as her head canted towards the sound. Unfamiliar voices beckoned her king forward. Quick decision turned her paws against the wilted tendrils of grass sticking from the valley floor, breathing quickened as her tail whipped side to side behind her as the diamond pendant glowed from some godly power within. Agility carried her quick to the cliffs that lined the borders of the pack lands, though instead of encroaching on the woman below she slowed her pace far enough off that only soft wisps of scent settled in the nasal cavities. Hugging the curve of the mountain she took a path away from the slope that lead to Rykerri's feet, instead choosing to skirt above, keeping her breathing light and quick, ears twitching constant as her paws lifted from the ground half an inch, gem still glowing. For some it might appear she flew across the ground in slow graceful strokes but it was merely the use of hover she utilized to creep slow to the edge of the cliff positioned at the back-left side of Rykerri. Here she hunkered near the mountainside behind a bush that had all but lost its leaves, bending on her limbs as she leaned forward so that her ears might grab voices carried on the drafty winds.

Tyrus & Valerian

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

Posted 04-27-2017, 12:42 AM |
Rebel
Valerian
Rebel Warrior
Male, 2.75
Mesomorph
35 in in, 120 lbs lbs
41 ep
© Xechi
come on, it's time for something biblical!

He wasn't worried. Or rather, he didn't expect betrayal to come from his own Queen. Valerian had toed a primal line, but like Rykerri noted, he was rarely violent. (Gods, did he want to be, the undercurrent of raw agony mixed with fury begged him for release, but he has not yet sunk so low as to lose that much control of himself.) As far as Valerian knew, he was soon to accompany Rykerri to Wind in search of Canela. She'd said she wanted him for some reason, and he could only assume that she wanted him to kill this brute. Him especially, and the young man could only assume it was to prove something. His loyalty? That he was a monster? Valerian didn't know, and realized that, in the end, it didn't really matter. If he was to kill a man for Rebel, then so be it. Perhaps then the bloodlust deep in his nature would be sated and the current of rage slowed.

He doubted it, but maybe.

The patchwork man had long come to terms with murder. He was wolf, and wolf fought for theirs and their own. The rule of tooth and claw and nature. On the day Rykerri finally called for him, he is in uncharacteristically good spirits. (Perhaps time with Titania had given him renewed purpose and loyalty to the pack he loves.) And while his lips never truly smile, there is a glitter of life in his acidic eyes, a youthful eagerness to prove himself. The goulish man followed Rykerri's tracks to the borders where Wind sat, his heavy frame a shadow against the red of the ridge. He dips his head to the auburn Queen, though not terribly low, as he approaches, leaving quite few steps of space between them. (He does not want a repeat of being touched.) Immediately, he dips his nose to the border and sniffs heavily, learning the scents, his tongue flicking out snake-like to then taste it. The brute lifts his head, peers inward towards the Hill, and murmurs to Rykerri, "We're not alone." Rebel senses heightened his sense of smell, and he recognized hers along the border. A scout, perhaps, or a recruiting scion.

Not his problem, either way. (Unless Rykerri bade it so.) Acidic eyes return to the vivid amethysts of the Queen's, his mangled face cocked in a lopsided almost grin. "I take it Tyrus is Wind's leader?"

Posted 04-27-2017, 03:59 AM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.50
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou
Stealth and agility were not a power for Rebel wolves, they were a lifestyle and a mechanism they used everyday to improve their strength. It was how she followed Rykerri and Valerian to Winds' borders, long spider-like legs bent, to hide her in what brush cover was available, and far enough back that she could not even see or hear them, she merely followed their track silently; so that they wouldn't be able to sense her presence. They'd been there a little while when Charlotte arrives, she presses her belly to the ground, her head lowering just the same as her ears, and here she remains hidden from view. Shrubs cover her from above, and a rock protrudes upwards from the ground in front of her. Above, she spots a girl, not much older than her own children, through the leaf cover. She wouldn't have been much older than her own daughter, but it does not deter Charlotte, she'd use Niyole if she had to. If I have to. She still wasn't sure what Rykerri had in store for Valerian, but she wouldn't sit back...Not now. It was not how Nox had taught her to be, and she was tired of sitting back.

The monster wanted out.

Charlotte is watching, well hidden some way away from them all, and has noticed Niyole above.

Posted 04-30-2017, 12:48 PM |
Drystan
Unregistered
in, lbs
ep
© 
the boy creeps along the labyrinthine web of narrow bluffs above, peering down through a thin, gossamer brume ensconcing xyntanza's peak. from within the clandestine veil of shadow cast by the mountain, he can discern a smattering of small figures below, loitering near borders marked by the king. as he stares, he pauses, huffing into the silence surrounding his elevated position. nostrils flare as he inhales the mountain's myriad of scents, carried effortlessly on swell of gusts that frequent their domain. among them, drystan discerns niyole. he hunkers low, both to brace against the wind and to remain concealed from the intruders as he resumes sliding along the contours of weathered stone. niyole's lingering scent grows stronger with each cautious stride, until he happens to snatch a glimpse of the scout's familiar crown on the perch just beneath his. drystan snickers, meaning for her to catch the quiet, cheeky noise meant to communicate his presence. a smirk tugs at the edges of ink-slicked lips, as though to establish his subtle, yet growing confidence. he pulls from the edge, then, to press his back against the wall while keeping a suspicious eye trained upon the two collarless wolves toeing the limits below.

Posted 04-30-2017, 02:29 PM |
Balian
Rogue
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
424 ep
© Hae

The tremulous alliance between Godless and Devout was tethered awkwardly by a frayed cord wrapped haphazardly around a hot-headed teen. He'd agreed for several reasons, chief among them intelligence. The Matriarch had hinted to a love of Gods, but he could not understand why she would blaspheme them by denying their gifts. Tyrus watched their ascent from the ledge of a hidden cliff-cove, shaded by boulders, trees and distance. His dutiful Scout was the first to arrive, and the young King held himself backward only by confidence in her capabilities ( and how fast he could arrive, should things go sour ). Unobserved, he allowed his lip to curl in memory, a soft snarl rumbling outward from the depths of his throat.

Nevertheless. Like a liquid shadow, he slid from the hidden place to a trail downward, summoning the use of agility and hover to aid him as he swiftly negotiated the mountainside – his ragged ear flicked as he recognized a subtler, younger scent hidden in the brush. Boy. The overwhelming instinct to protect tightened the crest at the base of his neck, thick guard hairs restlessly rising before being forced to politely smooth. It was possible that the actions that took place on this day, in this moment, would break the peace that funded the base of Doutaini. “Rykerri,” he said in greeting, his voice moderately muffled from the fact that he held a chain in his teeth, an opaque bulb bouncing from it. He floated next to Niyole, a few scant inches above the ground. He largely ignored Drystan's presence in an effort to keep him from being of interest - let him hide, and should the situation turn sour, the Wind would fuel his escape. After a quick search of the elder's countenance, he began to inspect the younger. The one. A liability, or the beginning to the Rebel's redemption? If he had not already been committed, he might have listened to the dis-ease that poisoned his stomach. "Niyole," he said with a gesture of his muzzle, indicating her name. Surely, they were not ignorant to his name.

Rykerri

Posted 04-30-2017, 05:06 PM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi

Hide though she might, silent though she was, the Scout's presence eventually caught up with Rebel's sharp senses. Rykerri didn't need Valerian to warn her of the spy; her nose was the one sense that suffered no damage as she aged. As the boy came up beside her and spoke the warning softly, she dipped her head in the subtlest of nods, keeping her back to the Wind wolf who watched them.

Quickly, before Wind's Alpha arrived, she would say a few hurried words to Valerian in a quiet voice: "Valerian, I need you here for a mission. We need someone in Wind. And I want you to learn more about them, for yourself as well as for the pack." It was only a brief part of the truth, but she didn't know how else to explain. Just enough that she wouldn't be springing a surprise on him, but hopefully not enough detail for him to object straight away. Charlotte hadn't seemed please about her change of plans at the meeting, but Kerri was still the woman in charge - she'd do what she had to. This decision was for the greater good of the pack.

Other scents mixed with the first, but they were distant and became confusing. She thought she smelled Charlotte; but the mind could play tricks, when you were thinking about someone, make it seem like they were there when they weren't. A stronger scent swept away whatever hints she'd been picking up on before: Tyrus was approaching.

He carried with him a necklace, and Rykerri bit her lip - he was giving the game away. She was glad she'd at least partly warned Valerian up front, but hoped he wouldn't get spooked. Kerri bowed her head respectfully in greeting to Tyrus, stretching out a back leg to give Valerian a swift kick in case he didn't do likewise. "This is Valerian, the one I told you about." She turned to face Valerian square-on: for now, both she and Tyrus would be talking to the boy, rather than the other way round. "Valerian. I'd like you to stay in Wind for a while, under Tyrus' tutelage. To see what you can learn from him, and the pack. It won't be forever - no one can make you stay if you don't want to. But all I ask is that you give it a chance." She looked him in the eyes, kind and pleading. She hoped her words were gentle enough that he wouldn't feel ambushed - but in reality, her hopes that he would accept were rather slim.

Valerian

Posted 05-01-2017, 09:19 PM | This post was last modified: 05-07-2017, 09:33 PM by Elle
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.00
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
170 ep
© Elle
ooc: Niyole's just going to stay up on her ledge to oversee this transaction & maybe gather information on Valerian despite everyone seeing her. Not a very sneaky scout. :|

edit: Just got that they smelled her & Drystan is picking on her. Anyway, please still skip. She wouldn't speak, even to Drystan and would more than likely just acknowledge that he was there, and then be puzzled by Tyrus joining them on their ledge.

If I have not replied to you & it's been awhile please PM or re-tag me in the thread so that I don't forget it.

Posted 05-07-2017, 09:04 PM |
Fire
Lyonesse
Fire Beta
Female, 3.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
104 ep
© Lou
ooc; can skip Charlotte for one more round, she'll just hide until she hears Valerian's words on the matter anyway. <3

Posted 05-09-2017, 08:06 PM | This post was last modified: 05-09-2017, 08:06 PM by Valerian
Rebel
Valerian
Rebel Warrior
Male, 2.75
Mesomorph
35 in in, 120 lbs lbs
41 ep
© Xechi
come on, it's time for something biblical!

The young brute remains hyper-alert, well aware of the growing crowd as senses catch each that join. (Confusion lingers, briefly, at the scent, but not sight, of Charlotte, and he feels himself tensing as another male joins the female, still in hiding.) Valerian eyes the Hill with thinly veiled disdain, though he kept one aud twisted towards Rykerri as she spoke. 'I need you in Wind for a mission.' She begins, and already the brute's torn lips are drawn into a long, derisive line, though he does not yet interject. 'And I want you to learn more about them,' it's these words that cause his wedged and monstrous head to swing her way, acidic eyes mere slits. "What-" the brute begins, his voice more a snarl than words, though he is interrupted by yet another scent on the autumn wind; this one, likely, the one they waited for.

All questions are put on hold as the elemental King makes his appearance, but Valerian doesn't see him, only the gem that glistened a diamond white in his maw and on his chest. Valerian's face goes slack, his mouth dry with a tongue that sticks uncomfortably to the roof. He doesn't speak as the man greets Rykerri, and names the woman hiding above. He holds himself taut as the man regards him coolly, like a slaver appraising the goods, and slowly, the situation comes to light. His Queen speaks directly to him, but her words feel like whipping wind across his face, and echoes like remnants in his head (his tutelage, stay in wind, learn from him) and suddenly, he understands. The brute breathes in deep, silent as his two-toned, acidic gaze crosses from Tyrus to Rykerri and back again. His back twitches as hackles begin to raise, but he is trapped, surrounded on all sides by these bloody elementals. It is not anger, at first, that lingers in his monstrous eyes, but betrayal, and hurt.

"You want him-" he jabs his had violently in Tyrus's direction, auds pinned against his skull, "to teach me? Some guy whose barely older than me!?" Valerian shakes his head, and by now, his whole body quivered with the anger that was lighting his veins on fire. "Why can't you teach me, huh?!" Valerian yells at Rykerri, and even now he is backing away, putting space between he and the others; should they attack. "I know why, it's a'cause this ain't 'bout teaching me nothin'." The young man is all snarls now, hackles high, knees spread wide. What was left of his lips were drawn into a snarl, and still, eyes were like slits, as though he could barely bare to look upon them. "This is about gettin' rid of me. Washin' yer paws."

He should go. He should turn tail and run and say to hell with them all.

He should fight. He should bury his fangs in all their necks and show them what a Rebel truly could do.

Valerian did neither, still teetering on the edge of violence and sanity. Anything could throw him off.

Charlotte

Posted 05-10-2017, 05:41 AM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.50
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou
From her hidden place among the borders she waits impatiently, claws firmly dug into the dirt below as ears sit forward to catch every muttered word from those around. Emerald eyes lock tight to Rykerri and valerian as the wind wolves descend, reminding her that she is not on her own ground, but it didnt matter none; Rebels stuck together, and rykerri would only be here for Canela...right? Tyrus arrives, and Charlotte can't help but notice his youth, but she is not so foolish as to underestimate him. He is the same wind wolf from the pits, when she'd invited Archer back to the ridge. With gritted teeth she watches on in fascination, but there is a deep gnawing in her gut that causes her hackles to rise, the thick mane of fur around her neck to stand on end restlessly. What are you doing? and Rykerri begins to speak.

In a blur of dark fur and gnashing teeth she erupts forwards, claws scraping the rock with an almighty clang, and she lands just on the other side of it with a heavy thud. She was perhaps always too dramatic in her arrival, but she didn't care, she'd learned to be a predator, to stalk when necessary. Fangs glisten with secreted saliva as she moves forward, her head slung low beneath the level of her shoulder blades. Ears pin, her tail flagging her irritation high above quivering hips. She moves to flank Valerian, long arachnid legs pushing her forwards until her body seems to defend his own subconsciously. Charteuse eyes find Rykerri, pinning the auburn wolf with a dagger like glare. "You didn't mention this," and though she wants to rip heads clean off shoulders, her voice is calm, casual even. "Is that because you knew how I would react?" she continues, "or are you just that ignorant?" here, her voice darkens.

She doesn't dare move her glance from those ahead, so instead she lowers her tail and swishes it towards Val in her only form of comfort, I've got you until the end. "The boy has denied your invitation," and slowly does she look to Tyrus and drop her head in greeting, "if you accept that without argument, I promise there will be no repercussions from this." She steps then, shoulders rolling until she stands at her full forty inches of height, her chin tucked to jar open a jaw full of razors. Slitted emeralds once again pin the woman who she thought she trusted, and she shakes her head as disappointment dances freely across her features for a breaths moment. "When you took what was mine you placed an old paw over a tigers throat," her muzzle wrinkles, "the problem with that, dear.. is that eventually, you have to let it up." she widens her stance, toes splaying across a dry, cracked earth. A growl rumbles deep in her throat, and it is as if the world around her grows silent, moments paused to allow her the satisfaction of a broken snarl; "and you've just taken your paw off."

Her jaws snap shut and she holds her ground, ears pinned to a body that is ready to fight, she only waits for the green light. "I'm taking him home," and in her voice is a finality, words argued would be words she'd rip right out of the wolfs head who'd dare to speak them.

And so the monster escapes.

Oh dear lord.. x I can't watch lol

Charlotte is riddled with scars from head to toe, the right side of her face is bare of fur, and both her ears are in tatters at the tips.

Posted 05-11-2017, 09:46 PM |
Balian
Rogue
Male, 3.50
Endomorph
37 in, 133 lbs
424 ep
© Hae

The scene fell before him, intimate and private – a weakness, a crack within the defenses bared for all to see. 'Valerian, I need... for the pack.' It disturbed and unsettled him that she had not prepared the boy for this moment. Despite the stoniness of his demeanor, unease writhed within his stomach and he settled his weight more evenly, a defensive maneuver. It would have been acceptable for him to stay without pledging himself by way of wearing the orb, but it was clear that even that would be nonnegotiable. He politely dipped his muzzle in return and gingerly placed the divine object onto the ground, hoping to relieve Valerian's obvious discomfort if only because he disliked traps, himself. Despite the fact that the boy – it was hard to call him a wolf, despite his age – obviously disparaged of any disciples of the divine, his heart throbbed and his raw emotion made the granite King glance away, as if to afford them the only privacy that could be allowed. Sympathy did not allow him to relinquish his guard, however, and his attention remained purely on the chaos in front of him. 'Why can't you teach... Washin' yer paws.' Rage dripping off of Valerian's every pore, he could not help but ensure that his throat was guarded by a slight tilt to his muzzle.

Another wolf slid from the hidden depths of the border, revealing herself with eyes only for the aged Matriarch. Eventually, the woman came to rest her chartreuse gaze on him with a tilt of her muzzle. He'd met her before, in passing. 'The boy has denied your invitation. If you accept without argument, I promise there will be no repercussions from this.' It was with her full height that she greeted him then, and he returned her threat with a smile of his own. “Clearly, there has been some miscommunication.” Tyrus turned his heavy, judgmental glare onto the aged female. 'When you took what was mine... you've just taken your paw off.' The rest of the pack would have to hear of his scene and digest it for themselves, and what it meant. 'I'm taking him home.' “Charlotte,” he called after her. “It is time we met beyond the Pits.” If only to right his end of the deeds, his ignorance, to the heathens.

Rykerri is the only wolf left, and he fixed her with a long stare before simply saying, “Leave.” She had nothing for him to gain from; she had nothing at all.

Rykerri

Posted 05-14-2017, 06:16 AM |
Rykerri
Spirit
Female, 10.75
Meso-fighter
30 in, 110 lbs
736 ep
© Kiwi

She could feel the fear dripping off him - at least, she was convinced that fear was what it really was. Not hatred, but fear of something he didn't understand, and had never tried to understand. That was why this was so vital. Still, he was having none of it; this would take some convincing. Her face twisted into something between pity and an apology, ready to try to calm the situation once Valerian was finished.

"Val-" she began - but her mouth closed, quickly and calmly, as she saw the black streak that was Charlotte barrelling towards them from the rocks above. Rykerri turned her head away to keep herself from being slammed into, but Charlotte had stopped short, moving instead around behind Valerian. Kerri's eyes closed solemnly as Charlotte began to speak, and she did her best to breathe calmly and stay level.

She ignored Charlotte’s taunts. She had to. Her mind ran through every other possibility, and there was nothing she could do but stand her ground and let Charlotte’s anger run its course - and pray that it was not a bottomless pit, and that Charlotte had ever had any trust in her. Tyrus was ignored - this was a matter between the Rebels, and once it was over, she'd see what other damage there was to repair.

She waited a moment - a few steady seconds of silence, to steady those shaking hands that reached forwards - defusing a bomb. One wrong move. And she’d lose it all.

Despite what was at stake, she did not subdue her emotions; she didn’t speak in hushed tones. When she was ready, she raised her voice at Charlotte, begging. “What if he grows up to lead Rebel, Charlotte- what then?” her voice was an inch away from a sob. "He spits on the first elemental he sees-" only now did her voice drop to a whisper, hissed towards Charlotte, though everyone who stood nearby could probably still hear. "This boy is going to start a war." Having locked her gaze with an iron grip this whole time, Charlotte would see the fear in Rykerri’s eyes - but not fear of the so-called tiger who stood before her. Nox had been a tiger, and Rykerri was still a lioness.

This was the fear of things already passed. Fear of the cycle repeating again. And Rykerri, backed into a corner, did something she swore she never would again. Forcing her heart to cease for the briefest of moments, three, maybe four seconds, she would thrust a whisper towards Charlotte’s consciousness. A slideshow would play for her - brief flashes, but full of so many things, like a dream that seems to span hours when in fact you’d only closed your eyes for a brief moment…

If the whisper took seed, Charlotte would see the horrors of Rykerri’s past.
------

A burning forest, lungs filling with smoke, coughing all around - and through the smouldering trees, a small boy - now crushed beneath a burning log, a scream piercing the air... Ezra!

A band of wolves, marked by Rebel scars, encircles her - led by Saxon Valentine. His paw strikes the sand of the Desert with a sense of finality. It is taken.

A red necklace falls to the ground, and shatters...

The stench of burnt flesh strangles the air, as she lands from the sky upon a scorched circle in the red rock of the Ridge. It is her mother’s grave. A deep voice sounds behind her.

The sound of flames assaults her from every angle, and screams ring out again...
------

A theatrical version of her past, perhaps - but not beyond what she remembered. What Charlotte took from the things she saw would be of her own making - but the emotions behind it mirrored the ones that spurred on Rykerri's intentions: fear of yet another war between the Rebels and the elementals.

Rykerri withdrew suddenly, her heart galloping into motion, and she stumbled forwards- barely trying to fall to the side of Charlotte instead of straight into her. She would regain her footing, her front legs bent and her head swinging low to the ground, panting for all she was worth. "Please, just- give it a- chance. A few- months-"She kept gasping for breath, trying to raise her head a little. "No one- will keep him- without his consent- beyond that." Her head fell beneath her again, nose parallel with the floor, eyes staring at every detail of the rock and soil beneath. Her tail hung limp behind her - too exhausted to put up any other kind of defense.

((Sorry if I skipped anyone, it's quite a vital thread for kerri so hope people don't mind if she, Val and Charlotte take priority.
I know this is long, but the (attempted) use of powers is actually only lasting 3-4 seconds so it shouldn't be restricting anyone's reactions.
Lemme know if anyone feels otherwise.))

Charlotte Valerian (dunno who's best to go next?)

Posted 05-22-2017, 01:19 AM |
Rebel
Charlotte
Rebel Alpha
Female, 5.50
Ectomorph
40 in, 100 lbs
399 ep
© Lou
She stood waiting impatiently for what seemed like years, before Rykerri finally snapped back into reality and her words rise above the valleys and the nooks, begging Charlotte to understand it from her side, begging that they see it from her point of view. Charlotte tuts, turning her head away to save herself from the wailing and the pathetic pleading that forms in a bubble in front of her. She grows frustrated instantly, crossing strong arms across her chest as a fierceness enters her gaze. But still she remains quiet, she wanted to let Rykerri say all she had to say before she interrupted, before she agree or disagreed, though she still leaned towards the latter, it was up to Valerian in the end. A sigh embraces her and she allows her eyes to close for a moment, to let the moment of silence to draw on between them, to allow Valerian his piece- but just as she lets out the held breath; she lets her mind open, a natural recurrence. And images begin to assault her. Flashing behind the lids of her eyes, she sees as if she is standing there in the moment, fire and flame, licking and burning, a boy dying, a war beginning and ending all in one.

Screams echo in her ears long after the images have faded, and she realizes that they were snippets from Rykerri's past, a slideshow of moments she had lived through, and Charlotte, though almost half the alphas age; finds it rather similar to her own history. She feels closer than ever to the auburn elder, but still she is frustrated, nerves on end and each one raises an individual hackle in turn. "If you," Charlotte mutters, slightly out of breath after all the invasion; "had approached me first, helped me understand what you were thinking, and spoken to Valerian before just ambushing him.." She shakes her head, emerald eyes fiercely latching onto Kerri, "then perhaps I would have considered it. This is your doing. Valerian will be the wolf that lays within his heart, not what you want to mould him into, who you want him to be. You have no faith." Is that why you joined us? She looks to Valerian, silence engulfing her throat, the floor was now his, and whatever he decided; Charlotte would enforce.

Valerian

Charlotte is riddled with scars from head to toe, the right side of her face is bare of fur, and both her ears are in tatters at the tips.

Posted 05-22-2017, 07:55 AM |
Niyole
Rogue Wolf
Female, 3.00
Endomorph
32 in, 122 lbs
170 ep
© Elle
Above, on her ledge, she hears it everything. The meeting becomes explosive between the Rebel wolves, something unexpected. Bright eyes watch the exchange, a slow smile dawning on her grayed lips as Tyrus dismisses them. He would not allow them to force someone into their member base unwilling. With the decision final she turned her sand strewn face to view Drystan next to her. "Best not pry any further into their personal affairs." For she'd stayed somewhat after, to gather the gist of what occurred below them and only turned to whisper to her young charge to steer them away from more private affairs. It sounded as if Charlotte were to challenge the older alpha for leadership. Perhaps she ought to spectate the fight to learn its outcome. Tyrus may want an alliance with the younger woman if she won leadership. Since Tyrus had so announced her position she simply walked away from the trio below, unconcerned with giving away her positioning any longer.

*Niyole leaves.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next »